Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit (12330 Views)

Kogi Polls: Ajetachi Community Under Fire,wada Blurted Out, Wife's Name Missing / Fashola & Wife In Couples Dance At Her Pre-birthday Party / Fashola, Wife And Son In A Long Queue In A Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by lalasticlala(m): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2014
The names of the number one citizen of Lagos state, Governor Babatunde Fashola and that of his wife, Abimbola and all residents who registered at the governor’s polling unit were missing on the register of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and could not collect their Permanent Voters Card, PVC.

The governor, who after arriving at his Ward G3, polling Unit E002, State Junior Secondary School, Surulere, where he had registered with his wife, Dame Abimbola in 2010, did not sight any INEC official at the scene at about 2:00 p.m.

The governor, after waiting at the scene for a long time sighted a notice pasted on the entrance of the school, advising residents who had registered at the polling unit to revisit the unit next month for another registration exercise.

The notice placed at the gate notified that all those who registered at the polling unit, including Fashola and his wife would not get their PVCs as there was no provision for such.

“We regret to inform you that those who registered in this polling unit do not have permanent voters’ cards. Please come back between 3rd and 8th December 2014 for fresh registration,” the notice informed.

Fashola however reacted angrily to the fact that his name was missing on INEC’s database, thus denying him and others from collecting their PVCs, saying the umpire body represented the biggest threat to the nation’s democracy.

“We have seen that INEC is the biggest threat to our democracy. They set date for the distribution of PVC, the state mobilised its residents for the exercise. We put all machinery in place only for the electoral body to change the date of the exercise. They said that the distribution and registration of voters would be done in 11 councils and not the 20 local governments.

“While the 11 had been handled in an unsatisfactory way, now the exercises in nine local governments are not ready. If I the governor of the state cannot vote, it shows what the electoral body had done. They came in the midnight and said that we should all come back and register on 3rd December 3rd, 2014. We registered and voted in that place. And there are evidences to show that,” he decried.

According to Fashola, “now, there are questions that must be answered by INEC; was the PVC for those units which they have cancelled printed? And if yes, who have they given them to?”

He said one could not wipe datas gathered like that, saying he wanted INEC to know that he still had his temporary voter’s card and that he expected all those who still had theirs to keep them, adding that “INEC registered us and they cannot deregister us because we are still alive.”

He said if the electoral body could not provide the PVC, it must allow those who had the temporary cards to vote.

“It is disgraceful to say the least. This shows how we organise the affairs of this country. Everything that had happened under Jega’s tenure, it has been characterised by mistakes from his very first election. Promises have been made and broken. It is a disappointment. We will participate in the election whether they like it or not. I feel sad when I visited India and I saw how the country was organising elections for population more than ours without hitches,” he said.

source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/28/pvc-fashola-wifes-name-missing-at-polling-unit/

7 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Davotee(m): 5:23am On Nov 29, 2014
a governor? Lik seriouzly? Kikikikikikikikikik laffin in japanese. Ftc. wow i cnt believ dis. So am finaly here not only ftc on fp bt also on top of da fp d first tin. Ooo itz nt by my makin bt d lords doin. May his name b glorified. Congrats 2 my self nd d op for makin it

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by englishmart(m): 5:26am On Nov 29, 2014
his wife is a PDP member

2 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by SaiBuharii: 5:27am On Nov 29, 2014
I voted last elections, but my name is missing too. I'm not stupid enuff not to thumb print well or fill my name wrongly. When it is time to reg, they probably will put it on a weekday, which disenfranchises pple like us that run a 5am - 9pm work. Try provoking a mini election in ur environment ie. Work place, house and see the way pple want him out. It is so clear we have a president that has decided to wage war on the electorates of the state's he will lose. Why are their voters card not missing in bayelsa? Jonathan is losing next year, but if he decides to rig, I can assure u he may be impeached as the country will face a free downfall, and the war he will face from the pple will be disastrous. We don't need a president pple claim has good intentions but no capability to carry it out. #SaiBuhari

VoteTHESENATORforHouseofRep2023-AbeokutaSouth

Mr. Progressive

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Vicotex(m): 5:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Una gud morning

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Vicotex(m): 5:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Something is wrong somewhere

2 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by LMAyedun(m): 5:32am On Nov 29, 2014
Ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Holuwaphunmike: 5:33am On Nov 29, 2014
This is a serious issue fashola should not give up on this PDP hmmmmmm there is
God smiley

2 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Abdgafarplenty(m): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2014
.Them use the name collect loan from LAPO! it will soon be return once the debt is paid

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2014
Jonathan disenfrachasizing the senior citizens from opposition party since 1960. You these people, why not fear God. eberuoloun

4 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by cococandy(f): 5:33am On Nov 29, 2014
He should go back then. Whoever is responsible for registrations in that station should be sacked btw

4 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by sequence(m): 5:36am On Nov 29, 2014
When are we going to get things right in my country? Na whao

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by englishmart(m): 5:36am On Nov 29, 2014
SaiBuharii:
I voted last elections, but my name was missing too. I'm not stupid enuff not to thumb print my name well. When is time to reg, they probably will put it on weekday, which disenfranchisea pple like us that run a 5am - 9pm work. It is so clear we have a president that has decided to wage war on the electorates of the state's he will lose. Why are their voters card not missing in bayelsa? Jonathan is losing next year, but if he decides to rig, I can assure u he may be impeached, as the war he will face from the pple will be disastrous.
after the votings, they will start calling the names of people that voted or what? How did you know your name was missing?
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by omenka(m): 5:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Vicotex:
Something is wrong somewhere
The thing that is wrong resides in Aso Rock and is gonna be evicted in 2015.

45 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by eleojo23: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2014
omeka:
The thing that is wrong resides in Aso Rock and is gonna be evicted in 2015.

^^Jega resides in aso rock?
This is clearly the fault of the electoral commission. What has the man in aso rock got to do with it?

It is a known fact from time immemorial that institutions in this country cannot perform their duties without hitches because we lack the will to do things right. There is always an issue with any process.

We hear of students' results missing after sitting for an exam. That is the fault of the man in aso rock I guess.

The thing that is wrong is not in aso rock. The problem is the Nigerian mentality and way of doing things anyhow.

And what's with the opposition always trying to make us feel that they are being persecuted?

9 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by 2n2k(m): 5:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Inec admitted that the data loss affected about 1.8million voters in Lagos state alone. The question is how does it intend to register all these and produce PVC for them in time for the 2015 elections.

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by teaj007(m): 5:38am On Nov 29, 2014
na kasala bi diz ooo
una go er grammer diz time around INEC
una water don finally pass Garri....
remember dat evn mercy has expiry Date.

2 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by madridguy(m): 5:39am On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Ezedon(m): 5:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Handsome man, let him go and sue INEC, this is just d beginning, the next thing is that he is no longer a citizen.
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by stinggy(m): 5:40am On Nov 29, 2014
Could it be PDP handiwork grin
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by M4gunners: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Nlanders i greet una oh.

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by orimion(m): 5:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Nothing concern me; in other news, I made fp
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by admiral007: 5:43am On Nov 29, 2014
INEC is losing credibility.

6 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 29, 2014
Shame on INEC and that desperado in aso rock

6 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by kilokeys(m): 5:45am On Nov 29, 2014
when i think of the voters card erhmm

i need is as an ordinary ID card for banks, etc. wink

nothing more.. so make una give una sef brain o

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by sunnywhyt(m): 5:45am On Nov 29, 2014
all na politics...

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by Goddex: 5:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Some media outfits are so sensational in their reportage.

INEC had clarified this earlier by stating that the data of some centers are corrupt and that voters from that center will need to register afresh. That incuded the center where Fashola and his wife registered.

The Independent National Electoral Commission on Friday failed to distribute Permanent Voter Cards at the Ward G3, State Junior Secondary School, the polling unit where the State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, and his wife, Abimbola, registered.

It was learnt that some INEC ad-hoc staff had earlier pasted a notice to notify voters who had registered in the two wards on Itolo Street that they had no PVC.

The commission said the voters would have to register afresh at a later date.

The notice pasted at the entrance of the school read, “We regret to inform you that those who registered in this polling unit do not have Permanent Voter Cards. Please come back between 3rd and 8th of December 2014 for fresh registration.”

Lagos State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Dr. Adekunle Ogunmola, attributed the development to loss of data arising from the crash of their computing system.

“Yes, some of the data captured during the registration in 2010 crashed. This was the reason we lost about 1.4 million data for voters. We are embarking on fresh registration for them and others who were unable to register in the 2010 registration.”

Fashola had yet to react to the development

http://www.punchng.com/news/pvc-inec-says-fashola-others-must-re-register/

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by condralbede(m): 5:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Maybe he didn't register self grin anyway don't worry fash we will set up a committee to investigate this!!

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by OLAplusONE(m): 5:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Although I have my own PVC, I will like to ask if INEC is suffering from technical efficiency or politically-induced efficiency in those affected places....over to you mr JEGA abi na story for the gods

1 Like

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by accurate0805: 5:48am On Nov 29, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by slimpoppa(m): 5:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Wetin dey worry inec sef.

2 Likes

Re: PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit by ionsman: 5:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Why are these issues being witnessed in mainly APC governed states?
This Jonathan though,his rating is dropping everyday.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abacha Loot Belongs To Niger-Delta – Joseph Evah / More Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Yenagoa / FG To Open Bid Rounds For 30 Marginal Oil Fields, Invites Local Players!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.