Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) (6392 Views)

My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge / Chinese Woman Married To A Yoruba Man Tells Her Exciting Story:Day I Pounded Yam / Nigerian Bride Who 'waited Till Her Wedding Night' Tells Her Inspiring Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

But he did beat her to a pulp, Shymex. He knocked her out cold. She so easily could have died from the blow.

You don't have to physically pummel someone several times till they collapse in a heap at your feet for that action to then qualify as "beating the person to a pulp". His one, carefully delivered, vicious blow on her produced the same effect - knocking her out stone cold.

Re: you point about him not having any history of domestic violence, how do you know that for sure? This is one case of his we get to see because he had no control over it. His animalistic behaviour was caught on camera in a public place. He obviously is the one in control of that relationship. How does anyone other than those two, know that he doesn't beat her regularly at home? And she keeps schtum about it because of his career and what she thinks she stands to gain from the relationship with him?

Even if he's never done it before (highly doubtful from watching that babaric video footage), there's always a first time isn't there? You've got to start from somewhere.

Not possible.

A public figure like him gets his money from the publicity generated. And if people are that much interested in you to the point that you're a media mega star, it's only natural that the paying public will want to know everything about you. Down to the colour of your bodily waste. (Okay, an extreme example but you get what I'm saying...)

Anyway, as a public figure, you have to be extra careful about the image and perception you portray about yourself. If a person chooses to live a very public life, then he or she has to embrace both the good and bad that come along with it - which incidentally include and invasion of their private lives. Young, impressionable kids look up to them as their role model, so they do have that responsibility to project an image of being whiter than snow. Unpalatable? Yes. Avoidable? No. They need that publicity. Unless of course, they want to be forgotten.

Be that as it may, it doesn't absolve him from acting the part of a good role model rather than an uncontrollable beast.

She's got her very own crazy reasons for wanting to be with him. She shouldn't have wept / been so upset when showed the video footage of what he did to her after she lost consciousness in the lift. Even then, he certainly didn't act like a remorseful bloke.

1). Seriously, I wouldn't call that beating her to a pulp. It was a soft left hook, that left her dazed, perhaps cos she was intoxicated. I think how she hit her on the side pole, in her lift kind of made it look worse. Regardless, it was a vicious one - and I'm not condoning it.
About his history of domestic violence: I'll just go by what's out there. I'm sure if he had a history of domestic violence against her, or anyone else, I'm sure he would have been arrested. Or someone would've called 911 on him, prior to this one, and it would've made the news. And since there have never been anything like that attached to his name, then I'll ride with what's out there.

Also, they have been together since they were both teenagers, when Ray Rice never knew he would become something in life. So, this has nothing to do with what she stands to gain from him, it;s more about a rider, who has been through everything with him. Someone who loves him unconditionally. Understands him better than anyone else. And the rock that has always been behind him.

2). Yes, there's always a first time. However, should that first mistake be the premise to judge someone? We all make mistakes and imperfection is what makes us human. And as long as we can accept responsibility for that mistake, apologise, learn from it, and make bold steps never to make the same mistake again - it should be over with.

3). My point is that: in as much as sports stars are megastars based on publicity, they don't get paid directly from us, like those we pay via our taxes. They work for billionaires, and earn wages just like everyone of us. So, their private lives should left private. The only thing they owe us is going out there on the field to perform. Everything else should be none of our business. Those who owe us are those who get paid from our taxes - and the ones ripping us off directly. Also, when they retire, how many people always remember them? - well, we only remember them when they bring entertainment to our living rooms via their exploits on the field. Why can't we just focus on that alone, and let them be in their private lives?

Well, parents are at fault for making young kids look up to these folks' private lives. Yes, you can look up to how great they're on the field, with their unique skill set, but it should end there. Regardless, there's absolutely nothing beastly about the guy. He just made a mistake like everyone else.

4). That's a relationship that has lasted more than a decade, with a cute little girl involved. They both started from the bottom together. And I believe their lives are more or less intertwined right now. It'll be difficult to walk away from that because of one mistake that the media tried to exploit for ratings - to get billionaires richer, whilst destroying a normal guy. Capitalism is a biitch, I tell ya. Exploiting normal folks since Kunta Kinte was on the slave ship. grin

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by 5minsmadness: 12:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Also, they have been together since they were both teenagers, when Ray Rice never knew he would become something in life. So, this has nothing to do with what she stands to gain from him, it;s more about a rider, who has been through everything with him. Someone who loves him unconditionally. Understands him better than anyone else. And the rock that has always been behind him.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by cococandy(f): 5:21am On Nov 30, 2014
babygirlfl:
If a woman decides to forgive a husband that was violent towards her, then that is her choice.

Where I always have a problem is when people start thinking the said woman is now a role model for women to look up to. She survived but another woman might not survive. Most men that kill their spouse from domestic violence did not plan to kill her, it usually just happens. That is why I never encourage any body to stay with a violent person. The next punch could kill.

3 Likes

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

1). Seriously, I wouldn't call that beating her to a pulp It was a soft left hook, that left her dazed, perhaps cos she was intoxicated. I think how she hit her on the side pole, in her lift kind of made it look worse. Regardless, it was a vicious one - and I'm not condoning it.
which one is it exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by MMotimo: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Seems like a classic "mind your own business" kind of story. They each made their choice(s) and should live with it, good or bad.
Sometimes, focusing on our own lives is more productive+rewarding, there's always room for improvement.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mondisweets:
which one is it exactly? undecided

The one that will smack ya face and put you to sleep. grin

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by dinachi(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Only a very silly brain damaged man marries in the west! A lot of women there are just billionaires because they possess a pussy and was able to deceive some rich punk that they love them. Smart men do not marry in the west, only fools do!

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by LordReed(m): 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
SirShymex:
So happy for this brother, and hopefully he'll learn from this, and start to treat that woman like a queen. Good woman right there, and despite their story being hijacked by the media and feminazis, she stood by him. Got married to him. And didn't allow them destroy another brother's young career.

I can't wait for Ray Rice to hit the field, looking fresh and healthy, and start pounding again. Get the gwop!

Hopefully, Adrian Peterson will be reinstated soon as well.

I just hope there is no secret battering taking place. It will just be so terrible if it turns out that way.

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
@MissyAL/missy89

Update. Ray Rice just got paid for the contractual money he's owed this season. I'm happy for the guy, and issues in a person's private life should never be used as a premise on how to honour a contractual agreement. What do you think?

Ray Rice settles with Baltimore Ravens for dropping him after assault video

NFL running back Ray Rice has settled a contract dispute with the Baltimore Ravens, pre-empting a hearing that was due to be held on Thursday into whether the team should pay him $3.52m for having dropped him in light of a graphic video of him assaulting his then fiancee.

NBC’s ProFootball Talk broke the news, citing “a league source with knowledge of the situation” who said the parties settled days before the scheduled hearing. Anonymous sources also told the Baltimore Sun and USA Today that player and team had settled.

If the Ravens indeed paid out a sum to Rice, the figure may never become public knowledge, as the terms of private settlements rarely do.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/15/ray-rice-settles-with-baltimore-ravens-after-fiancee-assault-video
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 16, 2015
SirShymex:
@MissyAL/missy89

Update. Ray Rice just got paid for the contractual money he's owed this season. I'm happy for the guy, and issues in a person's private life should never be used as a premise on how to honour a contractual agreement. What do you think?

Good for him. Hope he has learned his lesson thou

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
missyAL:

Good for him. Hope he has learned his lesson thou

Obviously, he gave his life to Jesus...Loyola Jesuit. grin

Err, that means any time you say you're gonna shoot my knee-cap with a .45, I can give you that Mayweather-eqsue left-hook, and put you to sleep, no? tongue
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
SirShymex:

Obviously, he gave his life to Jesus...Loyola Jesuit. grin

Err, that means any time you say you're gonna shoot my knee-cap with a .45, I can give you that Mayweather-eqsue left-hook, and put you to sleep, no? tongue

You can try.

The thing is i dont threaten i just act when your guard is down. Well planned and coordinated when you are not expecting it and before i strike i will make sure i have a very huge advantage to win . If these conditions are not present, i will just smile and postpone your punishment. smiley
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
missyAL:

You can try.

The thing is i dont threaten i just act when your guard is down. Well planned and coordinated when you are not expecting it and before i strike i will make sure i have a very huge advantage to win . If these conditions are not present, i will just smile and postpone your punishment. smiley

Bwahahahahaha. I was just messing about, big head. grin

but are you even brave enough to shoot someone? - you can only be an accidental shooter, not too many folks are brave enough to pull the trigger. So, if you ever threaten to shoot me - I'll just cotch and continue whatever the fvck I'm doing, or pull ya shorts down and smack that ar.se like a baby. tongue

In other news: peep ya Ondo brother, Wale the rapper, saying "Amen" and "Amin" to his dad's prayers on the phone (start from the 2.34 mark). I can relate though. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2i3muJMyOc
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
SirShymex:

Bwahahahahaha. I was just messing about, big head. grin

but are you even brave enough to shoot someone? - you can only be an accidental shooter, not too many folks are brave enough to pull the trigger. So, if you ever threaten to shoot me - I'll just cotch and continue whatever the fvck I'm doing, or pull ya shorts down and smack that ar.se like a baby. tongue

In other news: peep ya Ondo brother, Wale the rapper, saying "Amen" and "Amin" to his dad's prayers on the phone (start from the 2.34 mark). I can relate though. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2i3muJMyOc

I can shoot to wound. I dont think i can kill anyone even if it is self defense.

I like the guy. He is sticking to his roots
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
missyAL:

I can shoot to wound. I dont think i can kill anyone even if it is self defense.

I like the guy. He is sticking to his roots

Lol, "don't shoot!" Drop the guns! grin

Else I shall get my muay thai on - and give you that vicious kick. tongue

That's my guy, real nyggah. It's pretty much the same out here...but don't expect nyggahs to show you they can relate. Once you start familiarising with naija folks that you can relate, they're going to start taking the piss. You just have to keep acting like you don't understand anything, and they'll keep serving into ya hands. grin cool
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
SirShymex:

Obviously.

However, the woman deserves a medal of honour.
For provoking her husband to anger and almost making him lose his means of livelihood? Just to be clear, she became physical first. She was never the victim in this story. Had she not grabbed his phone, he wouldn't have spat at her, apparently, he was trying to control himself by fiddling with his phone. She owes him big time for putting him through this shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
For provoking her husband to anger and almost making him lose his means of livelihood? Just to be clear, she became physical first. She was never the victim in this story. Had she not grabbed his phone, he wouldn't have spat at her, apparently, he was trying to control himself by fiddling with his phone. She owes him big time for putting him through this shiit.

I get where you're coming from, and I agree to an extent, in context of today's reality. However, it wasn't really about how he hit her, but what happened subsequently after she hit her head on the rail. It did look bad, and I believe she was concussed. Also, it could've resulted in brain damage. Now, factor that in - and how the media blew everything out of proportion by trying to make an example out of another black guy, thus taking away his means of livelihood. Especially that's the only thing he knows how to do, and the lifestyle that comes with it. Bear in mind that the same week the Ray Rice incident happened, a white MMA fighter almost killed his gf - and stabbed her multiple times. But that never got the same attention. However, just to fit the "thug" narrative they assign to every black guy (something a lot of brainwashed black women also say these days) - they made the guy the face of domestic violence, and were about to destroy him.

So, for this woman to stand by her man, despite being the 'victim', throughout the whole ordeal, you just have to give her props/credit for that. That's a real supportive woman right there. And she understood what was at stake. She could've played along with everything cos she had the leverage and his future was in her hands. Also, she could've sued him for a lot of money, and moved on with her life. Thus destroying his life and the beautiful thing they had together, with another black kid, raised in a broken home. But she never did that.

Futhermore, I don't like when relationships that started when both parties were young (School, College, and Uni) - before they had anything and/or any understanding of what they want in life - are destroyed. Those are real relationships right there cos you get an opportunity to really grow, make mistakes, dream, and mature with your partner. Additionally, once you can ride through all the turbulence/problems you'll encounter along the way - and take it to adulthood, especially with a kid involved - it's always better to make it work. That was basically what she did. Neither of them will ever be able to replicate the great memories they had together, with other people. The formative period of our lives and those who were there will always linger on our minds for a lifetime. The beauty of it all. And the both of them have been together since they were teens, way before he knew he was going to become a successful professional football player. Before the millions and big contract. Before the history he made in the NFL and all the laurels he won.

Nevertheless, I believe women need to stop provoking violence, and hitting men. However, if not for the consciousness we're in right now - with all these lousy and belligerent/disrespectful women thinking they're the same as men. I don't even think it's alright for a guy to hit any woman who doesn't pose any threat/harm. Women are weak/fragile and you can't even hit any part of their body, apart from the shoulders and bum. Unless you want to end up in jail. So, it's always better to just leave them alone.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 17, 2015
I hear you, but you need to call bullshiit when you see it. That's the only way people will learn. When we coddle them they get the entitlement mentality that is rife and is damaging inter-gender relationships today. Respect yourself if you want to be respected, how hard is that?
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
I hear you, but you need to call bullshiit when you see it. That's the only way people will learn. When we coddle them they get the entitlement mentality that is rife and is damaging inter-gender relationships today. Respect yourself if you want to be respected, how hard is that?

I get what you mean and I agree with you cos women these days always want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. However, in this case, there was damning evidence in the video, in which folks blew out of proportion. Thus making Ray Rice the villain and guilty in the court of public opinion. His career and future were at stake - and the only person who could provide succour for him, was the alleged "victim."

Evidently, she needs to be lauded for the succour she gave him, so as to enable him continue with his life and career. She could've been swayed by the court of public opinion, but she never allowed that to happen. Heck, she chastised them for exploiting and profiting off their private lives. You can't be more supportive than that, especially in time of need.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

I get what you mean and I agree with you cos women these days always want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. However, in this case, there was damning evidence in the video, in which folks blew out of proportion. Thus making Ray Rice the villain and guilty in the court of public opinion. His career and future were at stake - and the only person who could provide succour for him, was the alleged "victim."

Evidently, she needs to be lauded for the succour she gave him, so as to enable him continue with his life and career. She could've been swayed by the court of public opinion, but she never allowed that to happen. Heck, she chastised them for exploiting and profiting off their private lives. You can't be more supportive than that, especially in time of need.
I get you now. Let's hope, though, that it's all in hopes of a big pay day. Alimony and such...
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
I get you now. Let's hope, though, that it's all in hopes of a big pay day. Alimony and such...

They're still together. I believe they got married after the incident.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

They're still together. I believe they got married after the incident.
yeah, I know. You just never know with frivorce these days, feel me?
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
yeah, I know. You just never know with frivorce these days, feel me?

Yes, I get you, bruddah.

Women are unstable sometimes. grin

1 Like

Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 17, 2015
SirShymex:

Yes, I get you, bruddah.

Women are unstable sometimes. grin
good luck to them though. And I hope he's been working out and training all this while. He should return with a vengeance. wink
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 17, 2015
Women are unstable sometimes.

SirShymex blaming women for everything since the big bang.
Re: Ray Rice Reinstated Back Into NFL And Janay Rice Tells Her Story (update) by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 17, 2015
missyAL:
Women are unstable sometimes.

SirShymex blaming women for everything since the big bang.

And where did I blame anyone? grin

So, basically alluding to how unstable women are, due to emotional impulses, and not logical decision making means blame, no?

I don't blame folks - I just say it as it's. Emotional beings do unstable things. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Good To Have Extra-Marital Affairs? / Unbelievable! Meet The First Man To Give Birth To A Baby (photos) / How To Catch A Cheating Wife, Husband, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Etc (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.