Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. (1701 Views)

The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by Kweenisha: 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2008
Ohaneze Elects New Leaders
From Emeka Osondu in Awka, 11.30.2008

The Pan Igbo Socio-cultural organisation, Ohaneze Ndigbo under the leadership of Dr. Dozie Ikedife, yesterday received a reprieve with the election of Ambassador Ralph Uwechue as its new chairman.
Uwechie, an indigene of Ogwashi-Ukwu in Delta State, was elected unopposed following a consensus by the Ohaneze caucus and governors of the South East States which zoned the position to Delta State.

However, the post of secretary of the body was still vacant as at press time, even though it was authoritatively gathered that it was zoned to Enugu State. It was also gathered that the vacancy persisted because of an unresolved disagreement between leaders on who picks up the office.
Present at the occasion were, the former President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife; Abia State Governor, Dr. Theodore Orji; former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu; representatives of governors of Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo, as amongst other Igbo leaders of thought who graced the occasion.
Speaking at the occasion, Ikedife expressed gratitude that his tenure had formally come to an end with the emergence of the new leadership under Uwechue, just as he solicited the support of every stake holder to the new leadership to enable it succeed in delivering the expected goals.
Also speaking, Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Orji, described the organisation as the only authentic voice of Ndigbo and stressed the need for Governors of the Igbo-speaking states to lend their support to the activities of the body to enable it deliver the expected goals.
In the acceptance speech, the new President-General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Uwechue expressed gratitude to the people for the confidence reposed in him and pledged to work concretively with his team to address the problems of the Igbo-nation, which he described discouraging within the Nigerian context. Uwechue regretted that despite the many contributions by Ndigbo in nation-building, the nations leadership had persistently marginalise the area, just as the people’s psyche are bruised from time to time.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RedHotChic(f): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2008
what is this doing here?. we don't need states in Nigeria rather a better management of the ones we have. igbos should go and sit down because they are the most blessed in nigeria. nonsense. undecided undecided undecided undecided

If igbos want progress really, they should join hands with other southerners to find a solution to their common enemy: north.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RubyPearl: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

what is this doing here?. we don't need states in Nigeria rather a better management of the ones we have. igbos should go and sit down because they are the most blessed in nigeria. nonsense. undecided undecided undecided undecided

If igbos want progress really, they should join hands with other southerners to find a solution to their common enemy: north.
And what progress would that make in Nigeria?
Repetition of history?
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RedHotChic(f): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
And what progress would that make in Nigeria?
Repetition of history?
The progress will be that we will have like minded people working together as a nation and that is the only way to move forward. i don't know about you, I am sick and tired of the north and any southerner that is not yet tired of them is living in denial. You seem to be trusting the igbo moves that much. Very soon, they will liase with ijaws and break away full time. Its only the yorubas that will be left alone to CLEAN UP the northern mess. Should yorubas live their lives cleaning up after people all the time?. Obasanjo came and cleaned up their mess before in 8 years now, they are borrowing money again and drinking burukutu with it.later, they will look for another Bola Tinubu or Fashola to come and clean up the debt.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RubyPearl: 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

The progress will be that we will have like minded people working together as a nation and that is the only way to move forward. i don't know about you, I am sick and tired of the north and any southerner that is not yet tired of them is living in denial. You seem to be trusting the igbo moves that much. Very soon, they will liase with ijaws and break away full time. Its only the yorubas that will be left alone to CLEAN UP the northern mess. Should yorubas live their lives cleaning up after people all the time?
Aunty, I think you hate the hausa out of fear.

But, how is Nigeria moving forward if the Igbos and Yourbas unite to attack the North?
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2008
Chai Funmi, what have the northerners done to you? lipsrsealed
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RedHotChic(f): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
Aunty, I think you hate the hausa out of fear.

But, how is Nigeria moving forward if the Igbos and Yourbas unite to attack the North?
Not attack them BUT help them from a distance. Why should we attack the north? I love my hausa bruvas but will love to help them from my own space or better still as a foreign emissary if we successfully secede. I love Hausa.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RedHotChic(f): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
Chai Funmi, what have the northerners done to you?
I love them. love your neighbors as you love yourself na. But the real question is, do they love me equally not to kill me over any little thing? Do they?
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RubyPearl: 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2008
Lmao!! Who is Funmi kidding? grin grin
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by RedHotChic(f): 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2008
Lmao!! Who is Funmi kidding?
I kid not. I love them from the bottom of my heart but I gotta be safe first before showing my love.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by AndreUweh(m): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
In as much as ANIOMA State is long overdue, I clamour for Obigbo state to be created for the Igbo in Rivers state as well. I think Ndigbo deserve 3 states, namely, Njaba, Anioma and Obigbo or Port Harcourt state.
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by ezeagu(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2009
Andre Uweh:

Port Harcourt state.

Oh for goodness sakes, not that pedophiles name again.  sad
Re: Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. by AndreUweh(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2009
ezeagu:

Oh for goodness sakes, not that pedophiles name again. sad
I think Obigbo state wiil be very appropriate.

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie - The Dangers Of A Single Story / Story Song Of Penda Yoro, Gimol Penda Yoro E Fulfulde / Coonest People/nationalities On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.