Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? (21919 Views)

Is Intelligence Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? / Test Your Intelligence quotient / Improve Your Intelligence Quotient (IQ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by maajin007(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2014
sukkot:
having said all that, the brain can also play a tiny part in intelligence. if your brain is malnourished then your brain cannot reflect the intelligence that is in your spirit properly. you cant eat garri 3 times a day and expect to be intelligent.

the point being intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with your parents. its dependent on the health of your brain and the spirit in you. i can go deeper on the spirit but i know many dont like listening to celestial knowledge
wat are your proves of all this?I need ur reference pls.you can just come and concoct things here brother.
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
gracile:

how can u say IQ doesn't exist that claim is not valid o
well if you want IQ tests exist, but they don't represent what they say they represent. You can't not quantify intelligence, therefore you can't measure it, ever wondered why there is no unity of measure for intelligence?
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by gracile(f): 1:15am On Dec 03, 2014
quid:

IQ is the result of NATURE + NURTURE.

Dont allow Americans to mislead you.
no one is misleading anybody, everyone needs a chance to express their opinions and air their views, its now upto to accept whichever he wishes to accept or not
I for one learn alot from these americans and everyoda person i come in contact with!
Everybody has something to offer u know
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 03, 2014
firstly, we get 40% of our intelligence from our parent and all of it comes from the mother if it's a boy, while some comes from the father and some from the mother if it's a girl. This is because; the male gene has XY chromosome while the female has XX chromosome. the Y chromosome has nothing to do with intelligence, nothing at all, it is the X chromosome that deals with thinking and cognitive abilities. so since in the reproduction of a male child, the paternal side donates Y which has nothing to do with intelligence, and the maternal side donates X which has everything to do with intelligence, therefore, a male has all his intelligence from his mother. in the case of a female child, the father donates an X chromosome and the mother also donates and X chromosome therefore the female childs intelligence comes from both sides........

1 Like

Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 03, 2014
gracile:

I for one learn alot from these americans and everyoda person i come in contact with!
Everybody has something to offer u know
LMAO
The fact that you learn from Americans does not mean they cannot mislead you when the chips are down.
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Tholuwaniey(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
ShakurM:
im not trying to be a smart alec or show off sorta, I'm studying biomedical Engineering in Unilorin and we treated this related topic last week.
It's all in the genes......

What is the utme subject combination please? Its urgent
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
Every IQ test is culturally biased, hence largely unreliable in the long run.
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by ShakurM(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tholuwaniey:

What is the utme subject combination please? Its urgent
Maths, English, Physics n Chemistry
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Tholuwaniey(m): 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
ShakurM:
Maths, English, Physics n Chemistry

I used phy chem and biology. I hope it won't affect my chances?
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by ShakurM(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tholuwaniey:

I used phy chem and biology. I hope it won't affect my chances?
it would because biology is not part of Engineering UTME
What subjects did u register?
Re: Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome? by Tholuwaniey(m): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
ShakurM:
it would because biology is not part of Engineering UTME
What subjects did u register?

Biology, physics and chemistry.... is there anything than can be done other than changing course... I love like this course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LAUTECH Suspends Certificate Of Graduate Who Claimed A Lecturer Victimised Him / Tension In UNIZIK As SUG President Queries VC On Alleged Corruption / Headmaster Sacked In Kaduna For Diverting Biscuits & Oranges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.