Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

One Of My Snail Is White See Pics - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / One Of My Snail Is White See Pics (32974 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Pictures: My Snail Farm / Questions I Really Need 2 Be Answered Before I Embark On My Snail Farming!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Greenage: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goldenboy842:
I really dnt know why this happen in one of my snail pen, this snail has been white from the hatchery.
please how do you construct your hatchery? I really want to see my eggs turned snail
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by bigtt76(f): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Expatriate Snail.. Lol
changes1:
lol

Why lamenting?? can't you see? the white snail is an expatriate. Your only worry should be that you pray the other dark ones don't kidnap the white one and turn around to ask your for ransom.... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by domido(m): 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
It must be from Edo state if u can trace the family history of that snail. Things happen there.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by domido(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
It must be from Edo state if u can trace the family history of that snail. Things happen there.
It could also be the handwork of PDP.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by obaayo2: 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
xtervaganza:
hahahahhahahaha

Another ajebota pikin telling people what he knows nothing about

Ilakose snail is not WHITE! Get your facts right abeg

Ilakose snail has very pointed rear of its shell, sometimes used to play 'okoto' in the village.

Stop misleading people ooo, Ilakose snail is another type of snail just like local dog is different from alsatian. White snail can be a normal snail or igbin ilako(Ilakose snail (
exactly
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by obaayo2: 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
blood of JESUS
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by voodoogangster(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
Please im intrested in buying can I ave ur email please lets discus. Rgrd Riversafari zoo coal city
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by missphumby(f): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Goldenboy842:
I really dnt know why this happen in one of my snail pen, this snail has been white from the hatchery.

Well, I must say I was really taken aback haven seen dis picture of a white snail, never knew it existed, my B.sc project was on snail and I carried out a lot of research and a 4months experiment were I formulated feeds for d snails. Means my research on snail wasn't enof. Good 2 know such exist dou. But wat breed of snail do u av in d pen where u found dis snail? #ProudAnimalScientist
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by 9jatatafo(m): 12:31am On Dec 07, 2014
OP don't be afraid, I suggest you breed more and try to get in contact with these documentary people. Try to also do more research on the net about white snails. I suspect it is mutation after all a Nigerian in the UK gave birth to a blonde not too long ago. I like that snail and it is good for keeps.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by beelon1020(m): 1:31am On Dec 07, 2014
This is a very rare spices it should be well kept... you never known what will come out of it.. do more research on it.. good luck
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by suzyberry(f): 1:46am On Dec 07, 2014
There is a particular market in Abeokuta, Ogun State where I see and buy this particular white snail. The 1st time I saw them, was scared to buy them but the woman assured me that they were safe for consumption and I have bought them on several occasions, so I think they should be quite common, since I bought them at a local market.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by 100Cents: 1:55am On Dec 07, 2014
Goldenboy842:

Oga, kill am o. I can't self.

I have never seen this type. Or just throw it away before it reproduces near you.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Livinusc(m): 2:03am On Dec 07, 2014
dryakson:
if we have albino human being why not Snail??...after all we have albino Rat
Hahahahahahaha
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 07, 2014
Aawww she's a cutie!!! Name her Mina!

She better not end up in your pot angry

2 Likes

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by 360command: 3:16am On Dec 07, 2014
@ Goldenboy842, your snail lacks calcium. That is the cause of if been white.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 07, 2014
Bros, keep that snail well o. Very soon, a babalawo will tell someone to bring white snail for juju. Then you can sell it at a prime rate. wink cheesy
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by agohavivi(f): 5:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Goldenboy842:

Lol if u ve 2million i will gv it to u with the eggs.
You were worried that your snail is albino now someone wants to buy it off you are requesting for two million. i dont like snails if not i would have bought it from you. Also, you talked about osolating it from others so it dosent pass the genes, i thought snails were hemaphrodites and as such didnt need crossing? enlighten me.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by aragon4realz(m): 5:19am On Dec 07, 2014
ebay things....and see how much you make from it
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by creamydamsel(f): 6:11am On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
that is racism bro!

you could have left it with other snails for cross breeding and have more white snails.

Don't you know white snails sell at higher price than black snails like white blackberry sells than black bb
smiley
Tolexander:
that is racism bro!

you could have left it with other snails for cross breeding and have more white snails.

Don't you know white snails sell at higher price than black snails like white blackberry sells than black bb
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by yoged(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2014
grin

hmm...babalawo

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by dosht(f): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2014
myola:
there is white snail Yoruba called ILAKOSE
That snail is not Ilakose
Ilakose is not as white as that snail
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Goldenboy842(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2014
Greenage:

please how do you construct your hatchery? I really want to see my eggs turned snail
Thats easy, U put some humus soil(black sand) in a container
2. Put d eggs on d sand.
3. Pour little sand on d eggs to cover it alittle.
4 cover d contaner with nets to alow air inside.
5. Wait fr 21-35 days n u see little snails around.
Pls no water.
Thats how i hatch mine,

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Goldenboy842(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2014
creamydamsel:
smiley
Bros u funny Gah,
cant stop laffing.
They al together now black,white,green etc
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by henrixx(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2014
anti Christ snail
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2014
Ughhh. I'm more concerned with its size. *hides*
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by AKJA(m): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2014
Mutation. That's the scientific terminology for this phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Mustay(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2014
xtervaganza:
aren't snails hermaphrodites? undecided
Yes they are.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Elkristo(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2014
It is called MUTATION biology.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Sanguine(f): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Lol. I only branched here to read comment. Hilarious AgricLanders. Lol.
By the way, that white snail is actually amazing. You could actually breed more of it you know? If we Blacks gets freaked out by some white snail, I'm pretty sure the Whites wouldn' as much as give a hoot. Hence, you have a potential export market.

Happy Sunday.
CHEERSS!!
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Chris95(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2014
datalossvictim1:
Aawww she's a cutie!!! Name her Mina!

She better not end up in your pot angry

What makes u so sure is a she? undecided
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Goldenboy842(m): 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Sanguine:
Lol. I only branched here to read comment. Hilarious AgricLanders. Lol.
By the way, that white snail is actually amazing. You could actually breed more of it you know? If we Blacks gets freaked out by some white snail, I'm pretty sure the Whites wouldn' as much as give a hoot. Hence, you have a potential export market.

Happy Sunday.
CHEERSS!!
Yea u right, pls any export contact?
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Goldenboy842(m): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
Elkristo:
It is called MUTATION biology.
U very correct, will u eat if given?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maize Shelling Machines, and other Threshers with Food processing Machines.. / Grains Price Update From Northern State / Nigeria To Begin Exporting Rice From Kebbi State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.