Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33213 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Mijuk(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..

Man I feel you, there is subtly racism everywhere!! heres the truth:

Racism won't stop until blacks are humiliated publicly for doing nothing wrong:

look at the approach taken by MLK and the civil rights group with the birmingham protest, the black protesters took a stand in a non peaceful manner yet they were firehosed and beaten by police dogs. The result was a worldwide drastic change in perception and deep compasion towards the protesters as they saw that they were unfairly treated.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes such injustice and bullying to be shown on a public level for a racist mindset to begin to melt away.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
Mijuk:

Man I feel you, there is subtly racism everywhere!! heres the truth:

Racism won't stop until blacks are humiliated publicly for doing nothing wrong:

look at the approach taken by MLK and the civil rights group with the birmingham protest, the black protesters took a stand in a non peaceful manner yet they were firehosed and beaten by police dogs. The result was a worldwide drastic change in perception and deep compasion towards the protesters as they saw that they were unfairly treated.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes such injustice and bullying to be shown on a public level for a racist mindset to begin to melt away.

I agree. Too sad tho
Re: My Experience With Racists. by tinyanosa(f): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
RaeMystix:

I love your comment cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by tinyanosa(f): 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
majekdom2:
I love you will the love of God , thanks for this post.
same here, stay blessed.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by tinyanosa(f): 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Thanks so much, sis.
you welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by RaeMystix: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
tinyanosa:
Thank you
You're indeed very much welcome.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by misterbear: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2015
CityNG:

It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, it's my opinion.

I'm posting this in my home office in Pasadena, California (near Los Angeles) so it's odd that you'll accuse me of not keeping to current events abroad.

We are okay in the US, no one cares if you're black or white here as much as long as you are being productive, keeping your shyte real and not causing trouble.

I've lived here continuously since 1986 and I've never been called nigger or treated rudely, perhaps it;s because of the way I carry myself and the people I move around with (none of my friends wants to go and fight someone because they didn't say hello back to me as an example).

It doesn't matter if you're white or black, if you're living in the US or Idumota, if you're looking for trouble you'll find it really quick.

When you go around in search of trouble and instigate police officers then please stop whining when you get your black a$$ shot. I haven't been shot in 30 years and have never personally knew any black person that has ever been shot by any policy officers in the US.

PS: I'm not naive to think that racism is not alive and well, but like most negative things in life you can avoid it. OP did not encounter racism. He encountered two people that did not care for him for whatever personal reason that they have. I don't think I care for OP either because he has an underlying issue with seeking acceptance.

That 12 year old black boy in Cleveland who was gunned down by a bunch of white police officers while sitting on a bench playing with his toy gun (in a state where people are allowed to walk about openly with real guns) without even being given any warning by them and without even seeing them coming...how was that child "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"? Pray tell us.

That black man in a department store who was shot many times in the back (and killed) by a white police officer while he was holding an air rifle in the air gun section of the store (obviously intending to purchase it) while speaking on his cell phone, without any warning whatsoever...how was he "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"?

Remember Diallo, the Guinean immigrant who was shot more than 40 times in front of his own house by plain closed white officers back in 1998? How was he "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"?

This is just scratching the surface. There are tons of other examples of police brutality towards black people happening everyday, not just to men, but also women and children, that don't get as much publicity.

You posted a very misleading diagram showing graphs of races being shot by police. But the real issue is NOT whether someone is shot by the police or not. It is the CIRCUMSTANCES in which they were shot and whether the officer(s) were justified in doing it or not. Those graphs do not reveal the fact that blacks are regularly shot an killed in situations where they would NEVER have done the same thing to a white person (or a person of any other race). Those graphs do not reveal the fact that the bar for shooting/killing a black person is set much much lower than for a white person. There are lots of situations where the white guy will be pointing his gun directly at the officers and even ordering them to drop their guns! Yet they don't shoot him! This is why white males who are breaking the law tend to be more arrogant and audacious with police officers. But when they actually start shooting, the officers will have no choice but to shoot them. That is why it is not surprising to see a higher rate of deaths for them than you see for hispanics. With blacks it is a different story. They don't even have to be armed at all for them to be killed by cops. Even if they are armed (with even just a knife), it is not a justification to kill someone; yet, blacks will be killed despite not actually doing anything threatening with it. Furthermore, they are far more likely to be killed without any warnings whatsoever.

Btw, your own graphs betray the fact that blacks are killed by cops at much younger ages than whites are.

I've lived here continuously since 1986 and I've never been called nigger or treated rudely, perhaps it;s because of the way I carry myself and the people I move around with

Good for you. I have never inhaled a fly before. But i am not going to say that hasn't happened to other people or that it didn't happen to me because i always keep my mouth closed.

On a serious note, i know someone in Atlanta who is one of the nicest, most polite and well-presented human beings one can ever come across. And a very hardworking and intelligent man too. Yet, he was once told to "go back to Africa you monkey" by someone at his place of work. And that was just in 2006.

I haven't been shot in 30 years and have never personally knew any black person that has ever been shot by any policy officers in the US.

Your problem is illustrated in these statements. Because you have never been unjustly shot by a white officer or personally known anyone who has, you automatically assume that it must all be a hoax. This is the sort of selfish reasoning and faulty logic that is common among a lot of blacks and is the precise reason why blacks as a whole continue to be abused.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With Racists. by bayulll01(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
pekelepekele:
I can do the same to you right here in Nigeria , why should you greet some1 you don't know.

The last time some1 greeted me at the bus stop , the next thing was OGA please help me with #100 to reach Sagamu.
@arugbjesgbese funny
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
misterbear:

That 12 year old black boy in Cleveland who was gunned down by a bunch of white police officers while sitting on a bench playing with his toy gun (in a state where people are allowed to walk about openly with real guns) without even being given any warning by them and without even seeing them coming...how was that child "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"? Pray tell us.

That black man in a department store who was shot many times in the back (and killed) by a white police officer while he was holding an air rifle in the air gun section of the store (obviously intending to purchase it) while speaking on his cell phone, without any warning whatsoever...how was he "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"?

Remember Diallo, the Guinean immigrant who was shot more than 40 times in front of his own house by plain closed white officers back in 1998? How was he "going around in search of trouble and instigating police officers"?

This is just scratching the surface. There are tons of other examples of police brutality towards black people happening everyday, not just to men, but also women and children, that don't get as much publicity.

You posted a very misleading diagram showing graphs of races being shot by police. But the real issue is NOT whether someone is shot by the police or not. It is the CIRCUMSTANCES in which they were shot and whether the officer(s) were justified in doing it or not. Those graphs do not reveal the fact that blacks are regularly shot an killed in situations where they would NEVER have done the same thing to a white person (or a person of any other race). Those graphs do not reveal the fact that the bar for shooting/killing a black person is set much much lower than for a white person. There are lots of situations where the white guy will be pointing his gun directly at the officers and even ordering them to drop their guns! Yet they don't shoot him! This is why white males who are breaking the law tend to be more arrogant and audacious with police officers. But when they actually start shooting, the officers will have no choice but to shoot them. That is why it is not surprising to see a higher rate of deaths for them than you see for hispanics. With blacks it is a different story. They don't even have to be armed at all for them to be killed by cops. Even if they are armed (with even just a knife), it is not a justification to kill someone; yet, blacks will be killed despite not actually doing anything threatening with it. Furthermore, they are far more likely to be killed without any warnings whatsoever.

Btw, your own graphs betray the fact that blacks are killed by cops at much younger ages than whites are.

Good for you. I have never inhaled a fly before. But i am not going to say that hasn't happened to other people or that it didn't happen to me because i always keep my mouth closed.

On a serious note, i know someone in Atlanta who is one of the nicest, most polite and well-presented human beings one can ever come across. And a very hardworking and intelligent man too. Yet, he was once told to "go back to Africa you monkey" by someone at his place of work. And that was just in 2006.

Your problem is illustrated in these statements. Because you have never been unjustly shot by a white officer or personally known anyone who has, you automatically assume that it must all be a hoax. This is the sort of selfish reasoning and faulty logic that is common among a lot of blacks and is the precise reason why blacks as a whole continue to be abused.

Yours is a classic case of second hand information. You and your Atlanta friend are the bane of social issues that black folks have.

You pretend to know "Isiaka more than his Mother".

Stop arguing with people that has first hand experiences and expand your understanding beyond a "friend" who got insulated in 2006 in Atlanta.

My data shows that Police kills all races equally. Police have a desire to go home to their families at the end of their shifts too. So if you think you're a bad ass you will eat lead.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by misterbear: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
CityNG:

Yours is a classic case of second hand information. You and your Atlanta friend are the bane of social issues that black folks have.

You pretend to know "Isiaka more than his Mother".

Stop arguing with people that has first hand experiences and expand your understanding beyond a "friend" who got insulated in 2006 in Atlanta.

My data shows that Police kills all races equally. Police have a desire to go home to their families at the end of their shifts too. So if you think you're a bad ass you will eat lead.

lol

What exactly is the problem with people like you? Is it so difficult to just accept correction when others enlighten you about your errors? Instead, you feel the need to try to save face by retorting with a pile of verbal vomit that doesn't even make any sense.

Where in my post do you get the impression that all i have is "second hand information"? Where does it suggest anything about lack of "first hand experience"? Where in the post does it suggest that the one example i gave you to counter the silly claims you were making is "the only person i know as a friend" (That person wasn't even actually a friend of mine. Just someone i happened to know)? You cannot point at any of those things in the post because you are desperately trying to look for a way to argue instead of being a humble person that is willing to learn and take advice from others.

And then you say "My data shows that Police kills all races equally", despite the fact that the diagram CLEARLY presents different statistics for different groups to anyone who isn't either blind, retarded, or dishonest (or the last two).

And to top it up, you use the classic trick of projection by turning it around and trying to claim that i am somehow "the problem". But i can easily embarrass you again by showing, very clearly, how foolish you sound. Take a look at this sentence of yours again:

You and your Atlanta friend are the bane of social issues that black folks have

Now take a look at the paragraph in which i talked about that man:

i know someone in Atlanta who is one of the nicest, most polite and well-presented human beings one can ever come across. And a very hardworking and intelligent man too. Yet, he was once told to "go back to Africa you monkey" by someone at his place of work. And that was just in 2006.

WHERE in that whole paragraph do you get the idea that this man is somehow "the bane of social issues that black folks have"?? You see how stupid you have made yourself to look?

Listen, my good friend; take this advice from me: Don't try to be so defensive when people criticize your statements and claims. Realize that you are only human (and not a very knowledgeable or smart one for that matter). And finally, stop making silly excuses for bad behavior by telling us banal facts about life that we already know and trying to smuggle those as justifications for the actions of bad people. Of course, you can always reject words of wisdom and just continue giving us more verbal vomit. That's your prerogative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
^^
Spot on!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by misterbear: 12:03am On Feb 02, 2015
You posted a very misleading diagram showing graphs of races being shot by police. But the real issue is NOT whether someone is shot by the police or not. It is the CIRCUMSTANCES in which they were shot and whether the officer(s) were justified in doing it or not.

I was so caught up in the other points i was making that i forgot to say what the most misleading aspect of the diagram is. The diagram ignores the fact that whites are about 70 percent of the population, while blacks and hispanics are each about 12 percent. Therefore the death rate for whites should be about FIVE or SIX times what it is for blacks instead of being roughly the same! Thus, the graphs themselves show that there is a terrible bias against blacks in the shooting rates.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 02, 2015
Amefrica:
[b]..

I've had ugly experiences too but I overlooked them...

But the most painful of them all was in Africa...yea Africa...my fellow black nigga brothers.

I was in the Seme border 2yrs ago trying to return to Nigeria but the french immigration officer won't let me pass unless I gave him some amount he requested.This said bill wasn't for nothing but just purely an extort.My passport was stamped, nothing was wrong....

He didn't even care if I could argue with him in French..all he kept saying was "you Nigerians,too much money,payee or no go"
we were 6 different Nigerian individuals.

Annoying enough, a national of C. A .R came by and was allowed freely into my own country just because he's a French national perhapssad

soon,an Ivorian and Senegalese were let in too...I was so mad,I just paid and got off.

I told my Congolese friend this same story and all he said was"its favouritism not racism"

like seriously

does racism just have to do with your skin color alone or a white dude spitting on a black and yelling nigga?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 02, 2015
Kizmarty:

I've had ugly experiences too but I overlooked them...

But the most painful of them all was in Africa...yea Africa...my fellow black nigga brothers.

I was in the Seme border 2yrs ago trying to return to Nigeria but the french immigration officer won't let me pass unless I gave him some amount he requested.This said bill wasn't for nothing but just purely an extort.My passport was stamped, nothing was wrong....

He didn't even care if I could argue with him in French..all he kept saying was "you Nigerians,too much money,payee or no go"
we were 6 different Nigerian individuals.

Annoying enough, a national of C. A .R came by and was allowed freely into my own country just because he's a French national perhapssad

soon,an Ivorian and Senegalese were let in too...I was so mad,I just paid and got off.

I told my Congolese friend this same story and all he said was"its favouritism not racism"

like seriously

does racism just have to do with your skin color alone or a white dude spitting on a black and yelling nigga?

Wow. That's crazy. And it's actually not racism, your friend was right. Can't we all just get along well in this world? Smh.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 02, 2015
Amefrica:

Wow. That's crazy. And it's actually not racism, your friend was right. Can't we all just get along well in this world? Smh.

I get your point tho..
But these ish are smhw...I can't seem to separate racism from favoritism in this case...twas awfulsad

Any time I get racially abuse,I just chill and hold myself...its my fault for sticking around their country.

racism,Favoritism, tribalism are childish immature practices...we gonna be experiencing them for a long while,I don't see any change anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 02, 2015
Kizmarty:

I get your point tho..
But these ish are smhw...I can't seem to separate racism from favoritism in this case...twas awfulsad

Any time I get racially abuse,I just chill and hold myself...its my fault for sticking around their country.

racism,Favoritism, tribalism are childish immature practices...we gonna be experiencing them for a long while,I don't see any change anytime soon.

I sure agree with you. Just do your thing, I learned my lessons already. Ignore them, they're just ignorant.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 02, 2015
@ OP

I told you not to ever greet me again. You are warned for the last time!
angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 02, 2015
all4naija:
@ OP

I told you not to ever greet me again. You are warned for the last time!
angry lipsrsealed cry

Lol grin
Ok sir!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by tdayof(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2015
misterbear:

lol

What exactly is the problem with people like you? Is it so difficult to just accept correction when others enlighten you about your errors? Instead, you feel the need to try to save face by retorting with a pile of verbal vomit that doesn't even make any sense.

Where in my post do you get the impression that all i have is "second hand information"? Where does it suggest anything about lack of "first hand experience"? Where in the post does it suggest that the one example i gave you to counter the silly claims you were making is "the only person i know as a friend" (That person wasn't even actually a friend of mine. Just someone i happened to know)? You cannot point at any of those things in the post because you are desperately trying to look for a way to argue instead of being a humble person that is willing to learn and take advice from others.

And then you say "My data shows that Police kills all races equally", despite the fact that the diagram CLEARLY presents different statistics for different groups to anyone who isn't either blind, retarded, or dishonest (or the last two).

And to top it up, you use the classic trick of projection by turning it around and trying to claim that i am somehow "the problem". But i can easily embarrass you again by showing, very clearly, how foolish you sound. Take a look at this sentence of yours again:

Now take a look at the paragraph in which i talked about that man:

WHERE in that whole paragraph do you get the idea that this man is somehow "the bane of social issues that black folks have"?? You see how stupid you have made yourself to look?

Listen, my good friend; take this advice from me: Don't try to be so defensive when people criticize your statements and claims. Realize that you are only human (and not a very knowledgeable or smart one for that matter). And finally, stop making silly excuses for bad behavior by telling us banal facts about life that we already know and trying to smuggle those as justifications for the actions of bad people. Of course, you can always reject words of wisdom and just continue giving us more verbal vomit. That's your prerogative.

don't mind the guy trying to form ITK once had an argument with him but he keeps on forming..
Just leave im
Re: My Experience With Racists. by spectator2001: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2017
Truckpusher:
What racism does to your psyche is unimaginable.
And as soon as you begin to accept your fate you're indirectly without knowing it building a great animosity inside you against society and the people around you and the worse and harshest of all your frustrations you would always save for the leaders of your motherland.

How I managed to live all that time without me attempting to kill Obasanjo,Yaradua,Odili,Atiku etc eact time I come home was a miracle - Because I was almost blaming them for not creating the enabling environment that would give us some sense of pride and dignity let's see who would want to visit each other.
I blamed them for not building our infrastructures ,I blamed them for everything and the pains and sorrows begins to weigh on me and started eating me up and I became one bitter boy just like most them here in NL. grin

The worst time of your life as a young Nigerian in diaspora is when you're about to land in Murtala mohamed International airport the reality on ground hits you in the face even before you land as you begin to see the grey roof scattered everywhere and the farm-like open countryside showcasing the shame of a nation,everywhere is like one big slum,the chaos as you are being driven home is something that would bring out all the anger in you and make you hate the leadership of this country even more.

When you finally land in Lagos airport then comes the custom and their wahala ,seizing almost anything that catches their fancy, one even seized pepper spray that I bought for my younger sister...smh
Then you get to your humble abode where your family have carved out a nice niche for themselves and before you could say 'jack robinson' power is out - welcome to Nigeria grin

Then you sit back for some few days feeling foreign until you quietly assimilate back into the society you know better grin tongue

Omo! as I finish with wetin carry me go there , na so I come here come sit down - No transfer No leave till death.
I refused to pass through such subtle emotional humiliation because of my color - I'll rather remain in my poor country and slug it out with the Yorubas,Hausa/Fulani and the Igbos at least they look like me, their insults I can tolerate without feeling humiliated.For those that have developed thick skin to remain there you're good to go......All is well

YOU STOLE THIS POST FROM MY HEAD! SPOT ONNNNNNN! Even if the Nigerian government could just build 1/10th of the infrastructure they've got in this country back there in Naija, do you think I'd remain here? Many BLACK goons for the sake of political correctness just come here to spew trash every time on how black people just "exaggerate" everything. It's crazy! I currently earn more than all the guys in the establishment I work with now due to the specific nature of what I was brought in to do, although its a six-months contract, you need to see the cold shoulder even the subordinates be dishing on a regular.

Me, I don't even greet "good morning" or "bye". Guess what? I don't even respond to their greetings. It's strictly work-related conversations I'm interested in. I just took it up a notch -I no longer look at them when I talk to them. I Just face my computer screen and do my typing while engaging them in any work-related conversation. If it requires my visual attention I always tell them to scan it and mail to me and I'd print it and do some mark-ups and send back to them. Man, I never knew I could dissipate such enormous amount of "stay-in-your-lane" with such depth of hatred deposited inside me. This is the monster they've turned me into oooooo. The money is MUCH but hey, if naija better smalll I dey come back. All my naija guys here are serious on their mortgage shittts, Me I sold off all properties already for eventual return to my country to slug it out with the Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba, Ijaw and all of them, make we all gather dey for my country dey battle am together abeg!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 / Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything / What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.