Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33206 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
claremont:

@OP: You belittle the concept of racism by referring to what you experienced as racist.

You meet a stranger on the street, you greet him/her and he/she doesn't respond and chooses to stay away from you. How is that racist?! There are a lot of deductions we could adduce the attitude of the man to; could it be you have a bad body odour, or you dressed up like a gangstar, or you presented with a bad attitude e.t.c.

The man is not racist for choosing not to stay away from you, he made a choice.

What is this one saying? Very ignorant fellow. Don't be quick to draw conclusions! If you haven't experience this, you may never understand what the OP went through. The fact is the darker in complexion you are, the more likely you are to experience racism...proven fact!

To the OP, you have to learn how to establish eye contact with someone before you greet them, if the person refuses to hold eye contact with you, you simply turn your face, don't engage them and pretend like they never existed. Many blacks use this technique and has proven to work most of the time.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
You said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" you looked for it. Why asking him à question ? Learn to mind your business in thé western world. Merci.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
DrJoe1:

don't mind the JJC, a man was standing at the bus-stop jeje-lly dey wait for bus. you come enter begin ask am about the weather. shey he be your meteorologist??
e no do you, you come follow am enter bus go sit near him? if na me sef i go call police for the OP

LOL that's a good point.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Ilekeh(f): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Okay either they're racist or you guys smell.

claremont:

@OP: You belittle the concept of racism by referring to what you experienced as racist.
You meet a stranger on the street, you greet him/her and he/she doesn't respond and chooses to stay away from you. How is that racist?! There are a lot of deductions we could adduce the attitude of the man to; could it be you have a bad body odour, or you dressed up like a gangstar, or you presented with a bad attitude e.t.c.
The man is not racist for choosing to stay away from you, he made a choice. We need to get over this defeatist attitude of looking for racism everywhere.

Lol my thought. FOB Nigerians smell. I've told my friend several times that he stinks. I've even had to teach him how to use deodorant.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
50calibre:

Nah!! I'm not, just general knowledge I've got of the place & tales from folks who lived there at one point or the other.
Aii then..thanks
Re: My Experience With Racists. by BlackSEER(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
I
don't think racism will be completely wipe out but it can be reduce to
the barest minimum.There is no harm in greeting people my brother.Don't
change ur greeting attitude and behaviours just because of one silly
racist.most great friendships started by mere greetings,happy Sunday
guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Racists. by SeverusSnape(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is really bad, But the bitter truth is this; Racism is not going to stop in this lifetime, as far as we are all different races, it will surely continue. So unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by christopher123(m): 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
the problem with us here is we too greet people

thank lord am ibo

we no send greetin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by redsun(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
Next time don't greet dem, ignore them since they ain't paying ur bills.

I bet he is a jjc and he still thinks he is in Nigeria where they prostrate to strangers. Nobody cares here man,just do your own thing and be ready protect yourself when it gets physical

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Ilekeh(f): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
cold:
Over nice no good. Mind your damned business,it's a tough world out there.

Lmao.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by angelo82: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..

You are at fault here.....Why do you have to say hi to strangers?.....Even if you are going to say hi to him,you need to watch out for the friendly signal.....What you experience is not racism......I wouldn't like a total stranger to greet me that way....Simple hi is welcome and not all that your.......

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by blakky97(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
reside in Nigeria, you will face tribalism

go abroad; racism

lucky Dude: Crazy world
Lucky Dube: different colors, one people
Re: My Experience With Racists. by nosike3(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
kelechiMarie:
@op sorry ya it ain'tyour fault if some people decide not to utilize their brains.White skin doesn't represent wisdom after all.
Ignore them and continue being nice!cheesy

kiss*kiss kiss
your siggy cracked me up!! Parents are so mean sometimes!!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by NosaHenry(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
As a boner I won't have problem living with racists. No greeting, no laughing, no gusting. #teamonyourown
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
Knowledge9000:

What is this one saying? Very ignorant fellow. If you haven't experience this, you may never understand what the OP went through. Don't be quick to draw conclusions! The fact is the darker in complexion you are, the more likely you are to experience racism...proven fact!

You missed his point. What happened to the OP is more or less something that happens everyday, and you just have to get used to it. You just can't trifle a trifle about trivial things like that. Once you do that, it's going to defeat the concept of racism, and what real racism is.

The OP is just too sensitive. There's real racism out there, not the tosh on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by sanmibukunmi: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
ℓ☺ℓ.....Canadians are still nice only a few of dm are racists. Go to countries like ukraine,czech and other easter
n European countries and u will Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ real racism...atleast dis ones didn't throw a banana at you or make monkey gestures or even go voilent...just try to ignore dm. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will get tired wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ u don't give hoot abt dier tot...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by pinkycute(f): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nah oversabi dey worry am nahhhhh undecided embarassed nah him do friend pass
brito:
Why you go greet the man?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ilekeh:
Okay either they're racist or you guys smell.

Lol my thought. FOB Nigerians smell. I've told my friend several times that he stinks. I've even had to teach him how to use deodorant.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: My Experience With Racists. by 50calibre(m): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperMartins:
Aii then..thanks

But c'mon ask your question on this thread, someone with first hand knowledge might actually help you.

The problem is; Nigerians don't take the time to study their environment properly before trying to integrate.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by dmz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
It depends on how you see it sha, for me it's not even racism. It's even funny.

In the bus or train nobody seats next to me, I have more room especially if it's a long trip.

At the gym am the last to be asked how long I have to go on the squat rack or smith machine, another advantage. I wish I was even darker.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
angelo82:

You are at fault here.....Why do you have to say hi to strangers?.....Even if you are going to say hi to him,you need to watch out for the friendly signal.....What you experience is not racism......I wouldn't like a total stranger to greet me that way....Simple hi is welcome and not all that your.......

You just gave my post away. "Signal"...eye contact and smile
Re: My Experience With Racists. by ireneony(f): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..
am sure your girlfriend is white......this is what I ve saying even if u date/marry a white woman u will always been seen as a niggah.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Ilekeh(f): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol seriously. This is how FOB Asians thrive. They stink but they mind their own business. They keep their stench within their race.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
I'm thinking of buying a low cost android phone but right now I have tecno H7 in mind. Please I would need your kind advice on the device if you have any. I saw the price online at 27600 and its fair enough due to the specs. Are there other android devices better than H7 and withing the same price range? Does the Glo bis work on H7? Please drop your comments. God bless you
Re: My Experience With Racists. by sukkot: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

if na old black man would you go out of your way to greet him ? am sure the answer is no. na ya inferiority complex kill you bros. me myself i dey bone every oyinbo wey i see. na dem dey come approach me to come start chat. just the other day i was at the train station. i just see this older oyinbo man and hin dog dey stroll towards my direction. na hin i change direction move further down towards the platform. i no wan make some id-iot dey start empty conversation about weather with me. this crazy old oyinbo man follow me reach end of the platform sha shocked come begin strike conversation. had no choice but to engage him. turned out to be a nice eccentric man. but the point is, that is how you deal with oyinbo cheesy

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by musicwriter(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
I'm sorry but you were the one proactively creating this scence. I will advice you to be on your own and live like you're more important than anybody else next time.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ilekeh:

Lol seriously. This is how FOB Asians thrive. They stink but they mind their own business. They keep their stench within their race.

Dayuum!!

The grand master teacher told me never to laugh at the next black person, but this is hella funny. grin

Anyway, FOBs always jump the gun, and most of them don't know how to act.

Hopefully, ol'boy will acclamatise with time and stop disgracing black folks.

However, according to scientists (lol), the odour has 2/3 year life span - he'll have to live with that for now. grin
Re: My Experience With Racists. by traware(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
sanmibukunmi:
ℓ☺ℓ.....Canadians are still nice only a few of dm are racists. Go to countries like ukraine,czech and other easter
n European countries and u will Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ real racism...atleast dis ones didn't throw a banana at you or make monkey gestures or even go voilent...just try to ignore dm. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will get tired wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ u don't give hoot abt dier tot...
Make sure you walk in groups and carry knives for protection if you're a blackman in the Ukraine or else you'll get attacked and stabbed by skinheads.Call the police?...Police ke?...You are on your own

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by ireneony(f): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
nairalanders, this was the same op that insulted me all becos I told him marrying a white woman is not idea. op, u see no matter what u will always be seen as a nigggah to the white man. happy enjoyment with your white girlfriend

hahahaha
gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by seangy4konji: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
I no gree support racism but if to say where u deh go important?you for mind your own business and face wetin carry u go America.

You wan gain chieftancy title for greetings(she o fe je oye akinipa ni?)

Oga mind ur own business and u no go get insult.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: My Experience With Racists. by traware(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
ireneony:
nairalanders, this was the same op that insulted me all becos I told him marrying a white woman is not idea. op, u see no matter what u will always be seen as a nigggah to the white man. happy enjoyment with your white girlfriend

hahahaha
gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 / Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything / What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.