Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

My Experience With Racists. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Racists. (33212 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
reside in Nigeria, you will face tribalism

go abroad; racism

lucky Dude: Crazy world

Lol.. it's one vicious cycle I tell you.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by pinkycute(f): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Omo @Op, nah Russia own, worst pass oooo
The embarrassment, dead, and discrimination, we dark-skinned people face everyday in Russia, is extremely horrible sad
Infact" everyday is a Thanksgiving if we dark-skinned people are alive in Russia, because living ur house for work and come back peacefully, is a thin of joy smiley smiley
Well, I just pray I round up quickly, to return to my mother land oooo
Dere is nothing like home!!....

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..
If you replace the two white Canadians with Black people, what will you call them? I'm not saying that there are no racist but it seems to me that some black people have become experts at calling anyone of another race who does something bad to them racist. Could it be that thjose two moronic dingbats are just sadists? How did you conclude that they are racist if you couldn't hear what they were saying. Obviously they were talking about you two, that is why when you sat beside them in the bus, they were too ashamed to remain there and so they had to change their sits. But before you call someone racist, you need ti have a concrete evidence. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
ireneony:
nairalanders, this was the same op that insulted me all becos I told him marrying a white woman is not idea. op, u see no matter what u will always be seen as a nigggah to the white man. happy enjoyment with your white girlfriend

hahahaha
gringringrin

Why are you so insecure about getting ya pum smashed to smithereens by an uncircumsised pink willy?

And what's the correlation between ya insecurities and the thread?

Listen, no one cares and don't derail the thread. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by major466(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Racism is a worldwide phenomenon. There are blacks who are even more racist than the whites themselves. Same with Latinos.

We have beautiful animals that are black and white in color, eg Horses, Cats and Dogs. Yet they see each other as one. We should learn to do the same.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:
Hi guys, due to what's going on in our world at the moment, I think it's hightime we started loving each other. I had an encounter with racist people some weeks ago..

My flatmate (a Nigerian) and I went to the mall about some weeks ago to get our winter clothings and all, after we got all paid, we went to the bus-stand to wait for the bus - we got to the stand and met a Canadian man probably in his mid to late forties waiting for the bus too, I said "Hello, how you doing today? Nice weather, isn't it?" The man just bone face, he didn't even answer, my flatmate looked at me and we just acted like it didn't happen.

What he did next was something that irritated me. Immediately he packed his bags and went to the stand opposite us to meet a Canadian woman sitting down too, we didn't give 2 hoots until they started saying some things we couldn't hear, laughing uncontrollably and pointing fingers right at us. My mate got infuriated and wanted to confront them I calmed him down, that they were just ignorant. Few minutes later, the bus came they got on the bus, me and my mate intentionally sat next to them, lo and behold they stood up and went way back to the end of the bus. I was just shaking my head!

For real, racism has got to stop. You have different wardrobes of many colours, can't God have humans with different colours too?

Tho, I've met so many respectful, kind, nice people here. When I told my female bestfriend who is a Canadian too, she asked me to describe them, that she wants to kick their a'ss, I just told her not to worry. I really wish racism could end for good. We have to learn to live and tolerate each other, irrespective of race, religion etc..

Op, you really need to conduct some detailed checks on your idea of racism. Even though racism is punishable by law, I hope you know with this tale you can't even charge these people with anything. Where exactly is the evidence that they are racist towards you? Did you hear them say anything to that effect?

You could simply have been giving off some strange odor they can't stand, hence their excusing you.

As far as i can see, there really is no suggestion of racism in their actions. The only thing i see here is the African's penchant of jumping to conclusion with very little evidence. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by nnasino(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Dayuum!!

The grand master teacher told me never to laugh at the next black person, but this is hella funny. grin

Anyway, FOBs always jump the gun, and most of them don't know how to act.

Hopefully, ol'boy will acclamatise with time and stop disgracing black folks.

However, according to scientists (lol), the odour has 2/3 year life span - he'll have to live with that for now. grin
what's. FOB?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by tinyanosa(f): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Don't iet the attitude of certain people change the loving and caring person you are,use the goodness inside you to rise above it all...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Racists. by quantumphysics(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
pinkycute:
The embarrassment, dead, and discrimination, we dark-skinned people face everyday in Russia, is extremely horrible sad
Infact" everyday is a Thanksgiving if we dark-skinned people are alive in Russia, because living ur house for work and come back peacefully, is a thin of joy smiley smiley
u dey russiaa!!!!!!………… how d snow
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Phantomine(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

I still don't get it how racism bothers people! undecided How can I be bothered abt other people's ignorance? The fact that you were infuriated seems to me as if you treasured his approval of who you are. Racism to me is effectively the same as Tribalism; which we Nigerians face and dishes out to each other everyday. An average Nigerian sees that Igbo boy as 'Nna boy' or 'Yanmirin' and he calmly faces this everyday on the streets of Lagos without even giving a hoot. Same with the average Yoruba boy deridely called an 'Yoruba boy' on the streets of Aba or Enugu, or do we start mentioning the several derogatory names an average Hausa is called all across Nigeria. All na all, tribalism is effectively another form of racism. If u can ignore the rubbish here in Naija, u can effectively ignore it there in Canada. You don't need a white man's approval of who you are. Learn from Dani Alves of Barca; they threw him a banana at the corner flag to taunt his race, he calmly bent down; pick up the banana and ate it in d face of their ignorance while he promptly took the corner kick that eventually led to a goal. They never threw another banana again. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Hoodrat(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Relax your mind and stop been paranoid, this got nothing to do with racism it just someone trying to avoid strangers based on past experience, oyinbo are stressed just like everyone of us.. I can tell you are still new in that part of the world, everything is all a game you will get used to it and fit in perfectly with times. Racism is not something to worry about we black treat ourselves worse than our European brothers.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by traware(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

Why are you so insecure about getting ya pum smashed to smithereens by an uncircumsised pink willy?

And what's the correlation between ya insecurities and the thread?

Listen, no one cares and don't derail the thread. grin
Exactly!!!We're discussing a serious issue,she is bringing up another issue.Very silly person.Anyway,longtime no see 'Sirshymmex',how has it been?
Re: My Experience With Racists. by quantumphysics(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
nnasino:
what's. FOB?
fresh off the boat

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
nnasino:
what's. FOB?

Fresh Off Kunta Kinte's Boat.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by mufutau55(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
That is not racism. They just don't want to be bother with you.
You have just learnt your lesson that you are no longer in Nigeria.
How do I know? Because I get plenty experience.
Welcome to oyinbo land.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Truckpusher(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hehe grin
The spade forgot his place and got shown how they are treated. grin

Oya ,where are those Nigerians that are more American than the Americans themselves?
Come and tell us the torture you go through even as you curse your motherland shege grin
Lemme not also forget our lonely Londoners in here, apart from Sir 'Shymexx' that has been tested and trusted tongue
Please tell us the subtle emotional torture you pass through just to remain sane grin

Shymexx enlighten me please,it's been long I witnessed racism because my travels these days are usually based on the job schedule and in there, no face for faces grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Afam4eva(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Phantomine:

I still don't get it how racism bothers people! undecided How can I be bothered abt other people's ignorance? The fact that you were infuriated seems to me as if you treasured his approval of who you are. Racism to me is effectively the same as Tribalism; which we Nigerians face and dishes out to each other everyday. An average Nigerian sees that Igbo boy as 'Nna boy' or 'Yanmirin' and he calmly faces this everyday on the streets of Lagos without even giving a hoot. Same with the average Yoruba boy deridely called an 'Yoruba boy' on the streets of Aba or Enugu, or do we start mentioning the several derogatory names an average Hausa is called all across Nigeria. All na all, tribalism is effectively another form of racism. If u can ignore the rubbish here in Naija, u can effectively ignore it there in Canada. You don't need a white man's approval of who you are. Learn from Dani Alves of Barca; they threw him a banana at the corner flag to taunt his race, he calmly bent down; pick up the banana and ate it in d face of their ignorance while he promptly took the corner kick that eventually led to a goal. They never threw another banana again. grin
Don't mind them. Nigerians are very hypocritical. there's hardly any Nigerian that does not have something negative to say about other tribes but will go abroad and start claiming racism everywhere as if they give an award to whoever receives the most racism.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

Jonny just arrived..You haven't seen anything yet, learn how to mind your business.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by walemoney007(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
traware:
Make sure you walk in groups and carry knives for protection if you're a blackman in the Ukraine or else you'll get attacked and stabbed by skinheads.Call the police?...Police ke?...You are on your own
o ga o,dey will kill u just because u are a black man.if i dey dat country i go kill dem gan o,cos nah lebe i go dey put for small bag
Re: My Experience With Racists. by GooseBaba: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefica craze dey worry you.... This is not racism.

Next time stay your lane...

Meanwhile, I hear say you like white women. Are you trying to fit into their world?... If so, deal with the consequences and stop bringing your inferiority complex to an African forum.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
traware:
Exactly!!!We're discussing a serious issue,she is bringing up another issue.Very silly person.Anyway,longtime no see 'Sirshymmex',how has it been?

I'm good, brother.

This is why I keep campaigning against the emasculation of black men. A lot of these modern day metrosexuals are soft! grin

What happened to him is just normal and it happens everyday, when folks don't know how to mind their business, begging for acceptance everywhere, while trying to lick white people's faeces. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by quantumphysics(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Truckpusher:
Hehe grin
The spade forgot his place and got shown how they are treated. grin

Oya ,where are those Nigerians that are more American than the Americans themselves?
Come and tell us the torture you go through even as you curse your motherland shege grin
Lemme not also forget our lonely Londoners in here, apart from Sir 'Shymexx' that has been tested and trusted tongue
Please tell us the subtle emotional torture you pass through just to remain sane grin

Shymexx enlighten me please,it's been long I witnessed racism because my travels these days are usually based on the job schedule and in there, no face for faces grin

chaii..... so dis is wat dey go through.... kips sippin my orijinn*****

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Racists. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Knowledge9000:

What is this one saying? Very ignorant fellow. Don't be quick to draw conclusions! If you haven't experience this, you may never understand what the OP went through. The fact is the darker in complexion you are, the more likely you are to experience racism...proven fact!

To the OP, you have to learn how to establish eye contact with someone before you greet them, if the person refuses to hold eye contact with you, you simply turn your face, don't engage them and pretend like they never existed. Many blacks use this technique and has proven to work most of the time.

Contrary to what you think, you are actually the ignorant one here. It's so surprising to find an ignorant fellow calling another person ignorant. What an African!
Re: My Experience With Racists. by adaxxy: 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
My brother nawa for you ooo why this thing go bother you I also had a similar experience in U.k these women were obviously talking about I and my friend n they laughed each time they stole a look at us my friend was already boiling them I calmed her not to but instead I faked talking about them into my friend's ear and I told her to laugh aloud same time with me though I wasn't saying anything sensible into her ear then they got angry and stopped making fun of us, we alighted before them and I waved bye to them we both laughed aloud at them my dear they didn't find you need to see the looks in their ugly faces wasn't funny at all nonsense they think they are the only one that can make anybody feel bad.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Racists. by franktolk(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
It's everywhere, racism transcends beyond skin colour. The same things goes for a yoruba man that cant tolerate an Ibo man, an Ibo who cannot live at peace with his Hausa brother,an Hausa man that won't want to hear you speak another another language apart from Hausa.
So enough, of blaming the Caucasians who keeps blacks at arms length.

The sooner we see beyond what our eyes can see, the better this world will be.
Re: My Experience With Racists. by Truckpusher(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
adaxxy:
My brother nawa for you ooo why this thing go bother you I also had a similar experience in U.k these women were obviously talking about I and my friend n they laughed each time they stole a look at us my friend was already boiling them I calmed her not to but instead I faked talking about them into my fri's an d I told her tol laugh aloud same time with me though I wasn't saying anything sensible into her ar them they got angry and stopped making fun of us, , we alighted before them and I waved bye to them we both laughed aloud at them my dear they didn't find it funny at all nonsense they think they are the only one that can make anybody feel bad.
Gbam!!
You simply give them back some attitude instead of whining and crying,begging to be accepted by one pale thing. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by linearity: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Agreed, racism still exists...in fact more than we are willing to admit.

However, based on the narration you just rendered, it is not conclusive that it was racism. There could be other explanations. At least, before we label people, we should get irrefutable facts.

Alternate explanation:
It could have been stereotype. Stereotype is not racism, it is based on some facts, the problem with Stereotype is that, instead of viewing those facts as the exception, those who engage in Stereotype view them as the norm.

Without demeaning or been disrespectful, it is possible that your mouth, body, etc stinks and they are trying to get away. Yes your buddies might have not perceived anything, but remember that our view should be from the perspective of the guy and not your buddies.

It could be that, he is mistaking you for someone that he had less than polite encounter with in the past...yes, you might be 100% positive that! you have nit met this guy before....again, remember...we are viewing it from his perspective and not yours.

I could go on and on with plausible deniability scenarios that it could have been something else, but my goal is to use these few ones to enable you to think along those lines as well.

Bottom line is, let's give others the benefit of a doubt until all evidence including their utterances proves otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by pld4reel(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

Next time don't be too forward to greet strangers because that person might not be in the mode to play nice with u. I for one ignore greetings from strangers if I'm not in d mode for any chat .
Re: My Experience With Racists. by GooseBaba: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
pinkycute:

The hustle is real... shocked shocked

Russia of all places ..!! I hail ohh..
Re: My Experience With Racists. by nwaobitex: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
op clap for ya self
Re: My Experience With Racists. by cap28: 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amefrica:

hahaha you just got a cold dose of unadulterated racism. That man cant stand blacks and when you greeted him this is what was going on in his mind "why is this fckng nigga talking to me, I wish these monkeys would fck off back to Africa where they belong and stop thinking that they are equal to us white folks "

To make matters worse the scumbag moved away from you in order to get as far away from you as possible and then started cracking some nasty racist jokes with his racist pal.

My question to you is - why are you being friendly to random white people in the street ? are you seeking validation from them or what?

I do not speak to nor make eye contact with whites unless they speak to me first as majority of them are racists. If you love your sanity, self respect and dignity stay away from these people as majority of them regard black people as inferior.

And for those saying racism in Canada is not so bad - don't worry your nigga wake up call will be coming very soon.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Racists. by traware(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm good, brother.

This is why I keep campaigning against the emasculation of black men. A lot of these modern day metrosexuals are soft! grin

What happened to him is just normal and it happens everyday, when folks don't know how to mind their business, begging for acceptance everywhere, while trying to lick white people's faeces. grin
Good to know.If a person doesn't like you,they'll surely be others that will even if you don't give a rats' ar.se about them.There's absolutely no need to force yourself on others.Is life supposed to be easy?Even if it was,would it be worth living?I tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 / Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything / What's A Question You Hate When People Ask You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.