Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City (1848 Views)

My God! My God!! Who Have I Married?? / Evil Acts You Committed As A Kid / A Married Lady Committed An Adultery And Told Her Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls if you are from Edo state or as history of Benin City kindly help with vital info, I'm 6months old here in Uselu. My experience here is horrible, I came here as a student in June & out of anxienty of where to stay, I rented an apartment in Edaiken (without consultation, oh, I regret), the ordeal that follows are:
1. There is no light @ all (d arrangement was they will bring the light by 6am & take it by 8am, bring it again by 12pm & off it by 2pm, till 6pm which was to last for 2hrs as well, until 12midnight & for 2hrs, it will rotate like that everyday) but as am typing this now, there as being no light for some days now.
2. If no light, commercial water seller will not sell,
3. Erotion as almost swept some houses away (don't know if my rented house is next).
4. Pit toilet is a norm here.
5. When it is 8pm, stay indoor (the fair of Wole-wole is the beginning of ....)
The list go on &.
I do visit other part of Benin, it's not so, now, my question is, have I commit an offence for renting a house in Uselu?

1 Like

Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by Godwinsilas(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
Yes.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
Godwinsilas:
Yes.

how pls?

1 Like

Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by Godwinsilas(m): 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
topcube:

how pls?

Ask me again.

1 Like

Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by ikeno(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2014
1)Epileptic power is not a new thing,so get a generating set(I pass my neighbor)or a rechargeable lamp that ll aid you.
2)Try purchasing sufficient amount of water that ll last you when there wouldn't be power supply.
3)For now you are safe,cuz we are in dry season.
4)always be conscious when using the pit toilet especially health risk.
5)you av said it already.

Make hay while the sun shine.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by ifyalways(f): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2014
Pit toilet? Too risky.

I'd rather do " shot-put". Hoha.

Manage carefully till you can afford to move to a better place or look for who to sublet the place to, add some money and move. Life no get duplicate.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by EfemenaXY: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2014
@op: why do you insist on remaining in that hell hole? Erratic power supply? Erosion prone houses structures? Acute scarcity of drinking water? Pit latrines in this day and age?

I fail to see the "attraction". What sort of job do you do there that you can find / do anywhere else? Abeg pack your bags and return to the village. The scenario you've described here is insane.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by onegig(m): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2014
What a thread.

Op. Next time come tell us how there are cockroaches in your house and how your next door neighbour snores and wouldn't allow you sleep.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by Lepetitechic(f): 11:48am On Nov 30, 2014
topcube:
Pls if you are from Edo state or as history of Benin City kindly help with vital info, I'm 6months old here in Uselu. My experience here is horrible, I came here as a student in June & out of anxienty of where to stay, I rented an apartment in Edaiken (without consultation, oh, I regret), the ordeal that follows are:
1. There is no light @ all (d arrangement was they will bring the light by 6am & take it by 8am, bring it again by 12pm & off it by 2pm, till 6pm which was to last for 2hrs as well, until 12midnight & for 2hrs, it will rotate like that everyday) but as am typing this now, there as being no light for some days now.
2. If no light, commercial water seller will not sell,
3. Erotion as almost swept some houses away (don't know if my rented house is next).
4. Pit toilet is a norm here.
5. When it is 8pm, stay indoor (the fair of Wole-wole is the beginning of ....)
The list go on &.
I do visit other part of Benin, it's not so, now, my question is, have I commit an offence for renting a house in Uselu?

Sorry to hear about your ordeal I'm from Edo state been here all my life so I can confidently say that's not the case everywhere although the light thing is almost a norm just get out of uselu and try other locations for example Oliha gets more light than most and some parts of ring road get light too or buy that I better pass my neighbor gen to support. Borehole water is what most people use the government owned water board must be infested by rats and spiders now cos it hasn't been in use for as long as I can remember buying water isn't expensive I know 5naira can get you a fair amount. Sorry o? Just try finding a better place that offers Borehole to the tenants most are even free.

Oh yeah where did you find pit latrines? That house should be in a museum o.. Really? Na WA o..
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
@op sounds like desperation got the better part of you when looking for a house. Move to other parts of Uselu that have better living conditions or try other parts of benin.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by aieromon(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
topcube:

how pls?

Help yourself and take your advice

. Depending on the area you stay in Benin, like I have a friend @
Airport Road and Okhoro who confirms light is stable in their
area, as in from Sun-Sat except they will take it around 5 or 6pm
to bring it back by 8pm and they will not take it again till next
day by 5 or 6pm. But, in my area (Edaiken) they share light
(everyday, like take-away 4 party) e.g. 12-2am, 6-8am, 2-4pm
and 6-8pm plus be rest assured that if rain fall before above
stipulated time, there would be carryover, as in, @ times, if rain
fall for like a day or two consecutively, then, for 3days, no light
or if rain fall before 6am or 12pm or 6pm, then just go switch ON
generator and never bother about light except if they mistakenly
bring it and it will not last 1hr.
I believe this is your overall calculation that made you say there is
no light in Benin, but, I tell you, the area you are, determine how
much light you will enjoy.
Me, I don they plan to move to Okhoro now, cos, if I tel you how
much I spent on Generator in a week, then, you will say; I am an
extravagant boy ( compare on my income though)
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Lepetitechic:

Sorry to hear about your ordeal I'm from Edo state been here all my life so I can confidently say that's not the case everywhere although the light thing is almost a norm just get out of uselu and try other locations for example Oliha gets more light than most and some parts of ring road get light too or buy that I better pass my neighbor gen to support. Borehole water is what most people use the government owned water board must be infested by rats and spiders now cos it hasn't been in use for as long as I can remember buying water isn't expensive I know 5naira can get you a fair amount. Sorry o? Just try finding a better place that offers Borehole to the tenants most are even free.

Oh yeah where did you find pit latrines? That house should be in a museum o.. Really? Na WA o..
Thanks bro, I'm now planning to either move to wire road, ring road or ekenwa road, ur contribution help alot, thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
aieromon:

Help yourself and take your advice

Well, that comment I posted then, was a response to that Post. And the advice therein was meant to tell people there are places in Benin enjoying light than other part. U will recall I refered to time frame in the post, that as being taken off, light only comes once in a blue moon now.
I will answer all other question U may have in mind in my subsequent reply. Thanks for your time
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Thank you everyone; that as contributed to this post, I've gain alot from your responses.
However, I clearly stated that, I'm new in Benin, I was a victim of misplace priority, I fail to conduct an underground survey by asking from indigine before payn for the house, so, for those saying why can't I move out of the place, I hope that aswered your question?
To further buttress my point, I had pleaded wit the landlord to refund the house rent (that, I don't like the environment), the dude said he had spent the money on his mother burial arragement.
Now, to reply all other questions, I am a student in UNIBEN (part time, and sponsoring myself) I cannot not just waste 36k (3k/month rentage) plus 6k (5H/month Electricity bill) by moving out of the place plus I did some renovation myself in the room & kitchen which amount to 20k.
If only you understand my post, you will understand what I am driving at.
My aim was to catch the attention of people in authority after I had tried myself to find solution.
I'm still here!
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by bebe2(f): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Its not just a benin thing, its all over the world.

If u pay peanuts u get monkeys.

Na money dey yab u, no be benin fault.
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by Exjoker(m): 12:35am On Dec 07, 2014
Are you sure you're not under any curse...
Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by topcube(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Exjoker:
Are you sure you're not under any curse...

I want to assume you weren't asking me (op) that question.

Or, let me predict you are asking me the question, I am aren't under spell, if I am, I would not be here seeking NL opinion, so, chew ur hatred & fvck off if you do not have any meaniful contribution.

1 Like

Re: Have I Committed An Offence In Benin City by tellwisdom: 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
So you dont know benin is a useless place??..God don catch you angry

(1) (Reply)

Sex In Marriage Dilemma / . / Is It Bad For A Married Women Or Men Not To Wear Ring In Real Life Or Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.