Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% (1151 Views)

Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by okooloyun1(m): 2:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Computer gurus pls help me my laptop battery is not charging to 100% no matter how long i charge it d maximum is 80%.
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by Harmilly: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2014
okooloyun1:
Computer gurus pls help me my laptop battery is not charging to 100% no matter how long i charge it d maximum is 80%.
the battery is faulty
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by Jedix(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by roselynbas(f): 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
it means the battery life is diminishing. please, get ready to buy a new one.
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by okooloyun1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
roselynbas:
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by okooloyun1(m): 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
roselynbas:
Chei! I bought d battery last year Nov ooo
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by Descartes: 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Harmilly:
the battery is faulty

The battery is not faulty.
If it were faulty it won't be charged up to 80%, also it may discharge very fast if removed from the wall socket. (within some seconds)
I have a PC with similar issue. specifically an update must have been unintentionally carried out with the Op not knowing.

Such update requires that your PC be charged to the maximum of 80% for enhancement of the life span of the battery.

@Op, your system will still be charged up to 100% if you allowed the system to trip off by it self when all the battery cells must have been discharged to 0%
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by okooloyun1(m): 2:53am On Dec 03, 2014
Descartes:

The battery is not faulty.
If it were faulty faulty it won't be charged up to 80%, also it may discharge very fast if removed from the wall socket. (within some seconds)
I have a PC with similar issue. specifically an update must have been unintentionally carried out with the Op knowing.

Such update requires that your PC be charged to the maximum of 80% for enhancement of the life span of the battery.

@Op, you system c still be charged up to 100% if you allowed the system to trip off by it self when all the battery cells must have been discharged to 0%
Thanks, i will try that 2morrow
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% by Descartes: 2:56am On Dec 03, 2014
okooloyun1:
Thanks, i will try that 2morrow

You're welcomed smiley

(1) (Reply)

. / well / Starting Up A Hotspot Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.