Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 (43077 Views)

Ondo Deputy Governor Served Impeachment Notice / Elechi Served Impeachment Notice By Ebonyi House Of Assembly / BREAKING: Nasarawa Lawmakers Serves Gov. Al-makura Impeachment Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by metronaija: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2014
According to Rep. Mohammed Tahir Monguno, President Goodluck Jonathan is to be served with impeachment notice when the House of Representatives reconvene on Wednesday.

Senators and members of the House of Representatives had commenced collecting signatures for the removal of the president after the November 20 security siege on the National Assembly. During the siege, the speaker of the House Aminu Waziri Tambuwal and other lawmakers were teargased by the
police.

House members began collecting signatures that same day while senators followed suit two days after. And already, 200 members and about 60 senators were said to have thrown their weight behind moves to oust the president.

Monguno, a former Attorney General of Borno State told Sunday Trustthat he was one of the 200 members who signed the impeachment motion on November 20, saying, “some newspapers published names of those who signed the motion but my name was conspicuously omitted.” Arguing that president Jonathan had no reason to remain in office anymore having failed to protect Nigerians against Boko Haram insurgents, Monguno said:

“The federal government led by President Goodluck Jonathan has woefully failed to discharge these responsibilities. The government which is solely responsible for the security of the people has failed to protect the lives and property of my constituents.

For five years now there have been consistent Boko Haram attacks in various parts of my constituency leading to the displacement of a whole local government in the constituency. Jonathan has woefully failed to provide for the security and welfare of my constituents that was why I signed the motion to oust him.”The lawmakers further accused the Jonathan administration of “monumental” corruption, saying, “for any development to take place there is the need for dividends of democracy to reach the people but because of the monumental corruption that has characterized this government, development is no longer reaching the people at the grass root and the federal government has clearly demonstrated lack of capacity to fight corruption. The executive arm of government led by President Jonathan is a massive failure.

Of all the alleged constitutional breaches by the president, Monguno said the security siege on national assembly was the final stroke that broke the camel’s back hence, the move to impeach Jonathan.

“We need only one third of the members of the House to serve the president impeachment notice and so far we have got far more than that so as we resume the motion will be formally tabled for the president to be notified. It is only the removal that requires two third. When we reconvene on December 3rd the president will be served impeachment notice,” he explained.

www.metronaija.com/pres-jonathan-to-be-served-impeachment-notice-on-dec-3/

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by acenazt: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Heheheheeh GEJ out!!! I hope this Issue comes to fruition.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by blemon44(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2014
But who ever said that he's going to be impeached is really mistaken
cos this man is going to lead us till 2019 and there are no two ways about it
cos he does not have rivalry

177 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by holatin(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2014
then better days are coming.
if this true then that the best news NIGERIAN has heard in the last six years.
let kick him out and install the general.
General buhari the exterminator of corruption and terrorism.
Vote for buhari
Vote for change

205 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Elcemento(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmm...Dark clouds everywhere.

MY SIGNATURE, MY PROFILE, MY BUSINESS !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Highly commendable! Time to kick out the Otuoke shoeless drunk out of Aso Rock

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2014
JackBaueress1:
he's already getting booed. view the OAU booing below

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Bj3TzOO7wlY

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by okekeanayo(f): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2014
metronaija:
According to Rep. Mohammed Tahir Monguno, President Goodluck Jonathan is to be served with impeachment notice when the House of Representatives reconvene on Wednesday.

Senators and members of the House of Representatives had commenced collecting signatures for the removal of the president after the November 20 security siege on the National Assembly. During the siege, the speaker of the House Aminu Waziri Tambuwal and other lawmakers were teargased by the
police.

House members began collecting signatures that same day while senators followed suit two days after. And already, 200 members and about 60 senators were said to have thrown their weight behind moves to oust the president.

Monguno, a former Attorney General of Borno State told Sunday Trustthat he was one of the 200 members who signed the impeachment motion on November 20, saying, “some newspapers published names of those who signed the motion but my name was conspicuously omitted.” Arguing that president Jonathan had no reason to remain in office anymore having failed to protect Nigerians against Boko Haram insurgents, Monguno said:

“The federal government led by President Goodluck Jonathan has woefully failed to discharge these responsibilities. The government which is solely responsible for the security of the people has failed to protect the lives and property of my constituents.

For five years now there have been consistent Boko Haram attacks in various parts of my constituency leading to the displacement of a whole local government in the constituency. Jonathan has woefully failed to provide for the security and welfare of my constituents that was why I signed the motion to oust him.”The lawmakers further accused the Jonathan administration of “monumental” corruption, saying, “for any development to take place there is the need for dividends of democracy to reach the people but because of the monumental corruption that has characterized this government, development is no longer reaching the people at the grass root and the federal government has clearly demonstrated lack of capacity to fight corruption. The executive arm of government led by President Jonathan is a massive failure.

Of all the alleged constitutional breaches by the president, Monguno said the security siege on national assembly was the final stroke that broke the camel’s back hence, the move to impeach Jonathan.

“We need only one third of the members of the House to serve the president impeachment notice and so far we have got far more than that so as we resume the motion will be formally tabled for the president to be notified. It is only the removal that requires two third. When we reconvene on December 3rd the president will be served impeachment notice,” he explained.

they should also serve impeachment notice to south-south and south-east because what they are planning have severe consequence to our nation.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by jotax(m): 9:45am On Nov 30, 2014
who will then succeed him?

12 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Ellidude(m): 10:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Slowly and steady, Nigeria is tearing apart. My brother GEJ pls come home and rest.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Lumyboi(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2014
This guy too Bleep up. I wonder how foolish his advisers are ...sending police to barricade and embarrass lawmakers! Just doing everything he can to lose support daily. Smh

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Applaner: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2014
am not moved..

Isaiah 7:7

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by chimerase2: 10:56am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok dat is nice undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Williamso(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Necessary as it may be; happen it will not.

For it is easier for GEJ to resign, than to be impeached...

metronaija:

They might serve the notice, but ⅔ majority of both houses just won't happen......

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by dunkem21(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Surely, they shall gather but they shall scatter for he that is in Jonathan is greater than that in Goliath.

A thousand shall fall at thy right hand, and another ten thousand shall you trample under your feet.

Be courageous Ebele, fear not; for victory is sure.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Herrmes: 11:30am On Nov 30, 2014
okekeanayo:
they should also serve impeachment notice to south-south and south-east because what they are planning have severe consequence to our nation.
The most peaceful part of your nation right?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Pennyways: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2014
JackBaueress1:
please don't hesitate to call me when you resurrect

12 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by yuzjet(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oya nah. Let's season 2 begins!

2 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Bagani: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bunch of jokers.
Abeg Super Mod move dis to joke's section.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Is not jona's fault it seems God blessed southsouth with great natural resources but didnt bless them with great mental/human resources.

26 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Drsmith01(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ok.what else
Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
K

1 Like

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Kinkale(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Finally fp after ova one week!!

Nairaland general meeting 2mao to impeach our president
Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by AKMoney1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Na by force? shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by rozayx5(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by Dopeyomi(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
♡̷̴̬̩̃̊κ

They shOuld do tHat fast.. APC till 2023

2 Likes

Re: Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 by hemartins(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is getting interesting by the day. I would really want him impeached.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Charly Boy To Protest For Diezani Alison-Madueke's Extradition / Journey Gets Boring To The Male Trekker Of GEJ As His Partner Gets Home / Tony Elumelu With The President-Elect Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.