Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (62230 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, founded by Pharaoh Akhenaten. Jesus Christ is claimed to have been a Rosicrucian by members of the mystical order.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by jireh250: 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
Cult
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Enlightened1: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
The custodian of esoteric and ancient knowledge and ritual. The light bearer.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by charleff512(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Occultism

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Abiolainfo:
wikipedia The Ancient and Mystical Order Rosæ Crucis, also called
the Rosicrucian Order (AMORC), is a worldwide philosophical
and humanistic secret society devoted to "the study of the
elusive mysteries of life and the universe."[1] The
organization is non-sectarian and it is open to both men and
women of legal adult age (18 years old in most countries)
regardless of their various religious persuasions.
The current open cycle of AMORC was activated by Harvey
Spencer Lewis in 1915.[2] Lewis received authority to do so
from the Supreme Council of the Rosicrucian Order after
being tried, tested and finally initiated into the Order in
1909, Toulouse, France.
AMORC is said to be the modern day manifestation of the
ancient Rose-Croix Order which has its origin in the Ancient
Egyptian mystery schools.[3]
AMORC's teachings draw upon ideas of the major
philosophers, particularly Pythagoras, Thales, Solon,
Heraclitus, Democritus. The teachings are divided into
Degrees which are further grouped into broad categories
under titles such as Postulant , Neophyte and Initiate
sections. These degrees cover various fields related to
physical, mental, psychic and spiritual existence such as
physics, metaphysics, biology, psychology, parapsychology,
comparative religion, traditional healing techniques, health,
intuition, extrasensory perception, material and spiritual
alchemy, meditation, sacred architecture, symbolism, and
that mystical state of consciousness relating to the
experience of unity with the Divine....... http//:www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Mystical_Order_Rosae_Crucis

What's the difference btw Abdu rushins grail message and amorc?

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Aegon(m): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Actively following this thread.
Peace Profound.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by caesaraba(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
An organisation which I admire. Simple.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by hardeiluxie: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Waiti o ayam cmin bak 2 cmment
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by benefitzte: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
danjumakolo:
If I can still recall,when bola ige died...amorc came during the funeral that the dead body belongs to them
They like to drag corpse....some twenty something years ago my headmistress in primary school who happened to be related to my dad died na so they come drag corpse, I ve heard of two or more other cases in my hometown. And we hear they don't bury their dead, they use them for some other things.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by uzomahowualah(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMORC is a part that seeks to enlighten people about the mysteries of life. Every religion does that in its own way. Isn't that the way life goes? People fear what they don't know. Even christianity in the early days was feared to the point that, members had to go into hiding for the fear of being exterminated because of their beliefs. Try to know people before you judge them. Try to know something before you criticise. Be the light and not the judge.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by tben80(m): 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
Going to the temple for prayers
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by youngalex(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Here in france we haven't heard about them or what they do #TeamSkuulinFrance grin
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by expert1000: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Buhari boys in action

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Abiolainfo: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
danjumakolo:

What's the difference btw Abdu rushins grail message and amorc?

A variety of organizations seem to have been inspired by
Abdruschin's ideas: philosophy clubs and associations (most
prominently the Grail Movement) have been formed by
readers of the Grail Message. Abdruschin himself didn't
form or formally support any religious or spiritualist
organizations nor is he known ever to have been a member
of one. On the contrary his work seems to place a high value on individual responsibility and self-discovery.
After a brief commercial training Oskar Ernst Bernhardt
began his literary activity while still a young man. This often
led him to foreign countries. In 1915 he was interned in
England. Released in 1919, he first went to Dresden, later to
Bavaria and in 1923 began to write the first lectures of the
Grail Message. In 1928 he settled in Vomperberg in Tyrol.
There he wrote "In the Light of Truth: The Grail Message". He was labeled a "dangerous" element by the Nazi authorities and exiled from Austria in 1938. He was kept under surveillance until his death in 1941.....http//:www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd-ru-shin

Compare and contrast base on your understanding but it ain't the same

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by nickxtra(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ask Hon. Patrick obayanbgon(the gramarian). He is a self confessed AMORC member.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by harrwix(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
uzomahowualah:
AMORC is a part that seeks to enlighten people about the mysteries of life. Every religion does that in its own way. Isn't that the way life goes? People fear what they don't know. Even christianity in the early days was feared to the point that, members had to go into hiding for the fear of being exterminated because of their beliefs. Try to know people before you judge them. Try to know something before you criticise. Be the light and not the judge.

People fear what they don't know as you rightly said. AMORC is an ancient occultist society that is out to give "light" to the minds of men as regarding the supernatural and metaphysical, dats why they call themselves the "enlightened ones". But one thing is sure, any knowledge that is not rooted in Christ is bound to fail.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMORC is more like a university. I have been a member for 5years+ now. It's a very lovely order. Members are sent mails which are called Monographs. They contain virtually all the lessons about life, science, law, mysticism, spiritualism, philosophy, history, etc. IT IS NOT A RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION. Rosicrucians believe that the concept of God is personal and that is ultimate goal of mysticism is to be united with the personal conception of God. Rosicrucians also believe in Master Jesus but do not deify him. He is an ascended master.
AMORC operates like a typical University. To join, you pay an amount and keep paying to maintain membership. Apart from reading, there are also lodges and chapters where members congregate for meditations and convocations but these are not compulsory.
I cannot say all about AMORC aimlessly so I will entertain specific questions about the organisation. However it must be noted that whatever I say are my personal thoughts as a member and not the order's general standing.

Peace Profound...

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by jadelyn007(f): 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
I once had a friend who is a member of amorc, a rusicrucian. He always tried to convince me it isn't a secret cult. Ironically his name is Christian.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Aegon(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
wordychap:
A secret society, d more u dig into it, d more u c the evil in it.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by salt1: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, founded by Pharaoh Akhenaten. Jesus Christ is claimed to have been a Rosicrucian by members of the mystical order.

Abeg let them leave Jesus alone! What did He do to them?
Must they seek validity by dragging His name into their secret cult?

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Idyllik(f): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
OMG! Screams out of thread
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Saved2Serve: 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
gbam!!! grin
hardbody:
People orchestrating juju in the name of higher learning

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Lilimax(f): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
AMORC na secret society nah embarassed
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by salt1: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Aegon post=28476249][/quote]

The number of prominent Americans who are in AMORC is immaterial

That one million flies eat shit doesn't make eating shit healthy
Will you join BH because some promiNent Nigerians are there?

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by hopily(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis(Attainment of Wisdom, Devine Conciousness and knowledge of thy self).
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by ekochris(m): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
obiZEAL:

Fair...
But its actually 'Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crusis'

I actually thought it means "Ancient and Mystical Order of the Rosy Cross [AMORC]
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by nationwide1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
If Jesus Christ was their member, do they follow the teachings of Jesus or was Jesus practicing their teachings? Does it mean all Christians today are Rosicrucians? Why don't they read The Holy Bible?

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by McLuhan(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
salt1:

The number of prominent Americans who are in AMORC is immaterial

That one million flies eat shit doesn't make eating shit healthy
Will you join BH because some promiNent Nigerians are there?
Brilliant retort! Nothing needs to be added to this reply and nothing can be taken away.

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
For those people castigating AMORC, I am very sure ignorance is the root cause. It is very important to keep an open mind in everything we do. I've been attending almost all AMORC functions and have been reading AMORC materials since time immemorial and never for once has the order asked me to do anything against my will or anything that freaked me out. All my past and present girlfriends have always been skeptical but the moment they come to a meditations and other functions, they even realise that we are very simple minded people. In AMORC, we have Christians, Muslims and people from all religions. It is not dogmatic and members have only one requirement, to believe in GOD. AMORC will not preach and extol Christ as Christians do because it is not a religion and it welcomes members from all religions. In AMORC, there is no blood ritual, members bodies are not cut off during burials and all superstitious beliefs that are contorted by skeptics are untrue. I believe in something, before you criticise, know all about it so that when you want to argue your points, you dont look like a fool. AMORC has made me a better person, an intelligent and positive young man. That is the direct opposite of demonic.

By the way, you don't judge a group by the acts of one or two people. Granted! Like every other gathering, there must be unscrupulous figures but if we judge the whole by them then we are committing a logical fallacy. Even amongst our churches, mosques, etc., there are unscrupulous figures there.

Peace profound. smiley

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
nationwide1:
If Jesus Christ was their member, do they follow the teachings of Jesus or was Jesus practicing their teachings? Does it mean all Christians today are Rosicrucians? Why don't they read The Holy Bible?

We don't read the Bible or Quoran because we are not a religious sect. We are just an association of people (who are mostly christians) involved in the study and application of knowledge. smiley. The problem is that people think AMORC is a church or a Christian organisation, it is NOT!!!. It is a universal group. Member commune only with the God of their hearts and conception.

Peace Profound

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by deebrain(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
anssy:
A cult

correct. 10/10.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? by Emulti(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
occult group

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Russia To Buy Nigeria's Military Technology For $500bn