Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism (15999 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Muslims and Christians Unite Against Terrorism in Pakistan / Examining Muslims and Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2014
Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims and Terrorism

Muhammad Muhsin Ibrahim
muhsin2008@gmail.com

In a concluding remark of our long phone call, a Nigerian friend studying in Delhi told me about the Kano Grand Mosque bombs during the Jumu’at prayers. How come? I had lately made calls to the city and, as a tradition, I asked about Jumu’at prayers. None said a word on the blast. My mind was instantly boggled. A voice from within tried to calm me; it said that that was a rumour. It couldn’t be true. It couldn’t be there. Not now; never. After all, the Grand Mosque was the safest niche the good people of Kano would escape to when the Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog) come in the end of the world. I used to think it that way in my childhood, but not without reason. The aura of belonging and the serenity one feels inside the mosque is beyond description. Many, if not all, that grew up in the Kano metro some 20 years ago or more know what I am talking about.

My mind kept on denying the truism of the news for a long time. I tried to call home, nobody was reachable. My mind pondered again and again. Was the network halted? Maybe. I quickly went to Facebook and lo, individual accounts of the dastardly attack were steadily emerging. My rumour pacifying pill soon stopped working; the sacred Kano Grand Mosque was indeed bombed and the fleeing people sprayed with bullets by some nihilistic miscreants whose bestiality, sadism and impiety traverse all boundaries of purpose and commonsense. As their coordinated attack is beyond wording, so also is their nature, for they are nurtured with anti-human, anti-religion, anti-peace and anti-everything-good ideology. They murder, maim and do all the unthinkable, making life difficult for so many. I was literally numbed.

Being among lots of non-Muslims, I was faced with a huge challenge. When I still couldn’t reach anyone from home via phone, I became much more alerted and devastated. I waited for the story on the death of those I know, love and care about; those that matter much in my life. Every soul is sacrosanct; but some are dearer to you than others. Hence I broadcast an open sympathy citing the powerful verse from the noble Quran: “From Allah we are, and to Him is our return” to sooth my afflicted mind. Then my Indian friends became aware that something was amiss with me. Some cared enough and asked. I couldn’t explain it, for, although not the first time a mosque was attacked by the so-called Muslim terrorists, this one was the first of its kind in my city in Nigeria. Therefore, I told them only a sketchy story about it. I didn’t mention where and how or to what extent it must have affected me and my people.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-TRROrCbuUZQ/VHrLEKHGn9I/AAAAAAAAAnQ/rqrQBS754EU/s1600/Jihad.jpg[/img]
Is terrorism part of Islam? No. Yes. The religion is wholly against terrorism; Jihad, the concept always attached to this wanton, aimless war on all, is not altogether about murdering innocent people, abducting and enslaving children, robbing, plundering and the like. And yes; hundreds of thousands of Muslims are today engaged in those acts and they think they will be rewarded by so doing. I know this is a heavy fact to admit. But so it is. Islam today has largely been hijacked by terrorists and is thus becoming synonymous with terrorism. This happens in almost all corners of the world from Kano to Kabul, Benghazi to Baghdad, and London to Lahore. Whatever the causes, motivation, name it, Muslims, often, remains an integral part of it.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-MqaFL1jFpOA/VHrLAsXEUUI/AAAAAAAAAnI/xZeTj9Ou8gM/s1600/Terrorism%2Bin%2BIslam.jpeg[/img]
Indians are well familiar with such kind of terrorist attacks. Mumbai, the commercial capital of the country, was sieged for days and several people were killed in 2002. However, Indian security has largely contained terrorism in spite of its significant threat from within and outside the country. Even Pakistan is fighting and pushing these elements away from its territories. Had these governments been like our clueless PDP-led government of President Goodluck Jonathan, their countries would have been no better than the Syria of Bashar Al-Assad.

Boko Haram (BH) is no longer a new name everywhere in the world. But detailing the Kano attack to them (my Indian friends) is something different. It would reveal the unfortunate fact that Nigerians, especially in the north, live largely in the mercy of BH. I really didn’t want to believe or even say that, but that’s what’s it. BH insurgents have ‘successfully’ struck colleges, mosques, churches, bus stations, banks, etc. They have orphaned countless children, widowed numberless women, shattered so many dreams and caused all sorts of pain one could think of.

Islam, the only pacifist religion on earth whose form of salutation expresses peace: Salam Alaykum, ‘peace be upon you’ is no longer considered so. Anything Islamic, whether name, physique or dress is looked with suspicion in many places, in contrast to what should have been the case. The minuscule minority have changed the cause of the second biggest religion on the planet. It is now a heavy burden being Muslim and practicing it, wallahi, in many respects. However this was partially foretold by the Prophet, upon whom be peace (see Sahih Muslim; Hadith 2956).

Ya Allah, the Creator of the Worlds, rest the souls of the more than 120 defenseless people slaughtered in our dear mosque in Kano and other places. May You heal the wounded and sooth the smitten minds of the millions others whose loved ones are affected. May Allah protect us, amin. May their murderers be judged accordingly, amin. It’s aptly said: DEATH is one path that everyone MUST take.

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by hollaportable(f): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by hollaportable(f): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2014
amin!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
May Allah expose whoever carried out this atrocity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2014
Abuamam:
May Allah expose whoever carried out this atrocity.

Amin thumma amin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by chakula: 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
The people behind this deadly attack will not have peace in their lives here and after and, hell is their final home.

Allah ya jikan Yan uwan mu da gafara, marasa lafiya kuma ka sauwake mu su ameen.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 11:16am On Dec 04, 2014
chakula:
The people behind this deadly attack will not have peace in their lives here and after and, hell is their final home.
Allah ya jikan Yan uwan mu da gafara, marasa lafiya kuma ka sauwake mu su ameen.

Amin thumma amin to the prayers, Malam. May Allah protect us, amin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by felixchip(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Now, who can put this in accordance.
I ain't a Muslim. But, I know that Muslim don't encourage violence.

No religion does. It's just the interpretation that those that carry out such acts get.
They're been used by their superiors who make them believe the reverse so as to help them achieve their aims.

All that is needed is prayers.

9 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
rip to the dead embarassed

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Zaikon(m): 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
chakula:

Ameen ya Rabi ... Allah Ya saka

2 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Bsmartt(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ameen. I pray the era of BH will go into extinction.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by alabosian(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ameeeeeeeeen
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by makzeze: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ameen.
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
May Allah SAW help us amin
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Haywhymido(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Inalilahi wa ina lilayhi rajihun

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by optimistcandyboy(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
yes of course
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Asam2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
What a nice post, more of it plrase .
RIP To the dead once

2 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Proud to be a muslim ! this day and forever, jumah mubarak

5 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bsmartt:
Ameen. I pray the era of BH will go into extinction.

In sha Allah. Amin to the prayer.

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by faragai24: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by deejayALFY(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
amin

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by kglamour(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
“…take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of
justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn
wisdom.”- Al- Quran 6:151

Such is the value of a single human life, that the Quran equates the
taking of even one human life unjustly, with killing all of humanity.
Thus, the Quran prohibits homicide in clear terms. The taking of a
criminal’s life by the state in order to administer justice is required
to uphold the rule of law, and the peace and security of the society.
Only a proper and competent court can decide whether an
individual has forfeited his right to life by disregarding the right to
life and peace of other human beings.
Islam enjoins upon all Muslims to work actively to maintain the
balance in which God created everything. Terrorizing the civilian
population can never be termed as jihad and can never be
reconciled with the teachings of Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by kglamour(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Islam considers all life forms as sacred. However, the sanctity of
human life is accorded a special place. The first and the foremost
basic right of a human being is the right to live. The Glorious Quran
says:
Al- Quran 5:32
“…if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for
spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole
people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life
of the whole people.”
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by oathman(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
this BHs re trying to drag our islam, the religion of peace into mud but insha Allah they ll never succeed.

i'm a youth corp member and i'm serving in the state of osun, when i'm looking for accomodation then i came across one landlady and i said i wanted to rent an apartment and she ask me am i a muslim or a christian, i told her i'm a muslim, the next thing she said was that i can not rent my house to a boko haram. that is how bad this BHs have damage our reputations.

1 Like

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by hok4u(f): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ameen
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by juman(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
chakula:

Bad leaders causing the problems in the country.

You should rather curse the useless leaders that destroyed and destroying country.
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by amiskurie(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
Rubbish writeup

You are association terrorism with Muslims instead of pointing out the fact that these terrorists are machineries on the payroll of international government covert operation.

Machineries fights for any cause as long as you reach a deal.
You are one of the problem in the world op
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
amiskurie:
Rubbish writeup

You are association terrorism with Muslims instead of pointing out the fact that these terrorists are machineries on the payroll of international government covert operation.

I appreciate your input but disagree with your insinuation. Do you mean to say that Boko Haram, ISIL, Al-Shabab, Taliban, Al-Nusra Front, etc don't exist? The members of these groups are people like you and me, and not ghostly beings. Whosoever sponsor or support them, as your ilk falsely think and believe, they do what they do and that result to death, suffering and generally havoc to people of many faiths, in fact mostly Muslims. This reason makes it so hard for me to subscribe to any conspiracy theory. I remain a realist. Let's call a spade by its name

Again, it's very, very unfortunate, sad but true that they are Muslims. They might have transgressed so much but their affiliation and appellation remain Islam and Muslims. It's a puzzle to many, however misguidance can result to anything.

Ask Allah to guide you to the right path, dude. But you really ought to wake up from that slumber.

14 Likes

Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by muhsin(m): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
amiskurie:
Rubbish writeup

Again, what can you say about this hadith?

Abu Huraira (R.A) reported that: The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said: “By the one in whose hand is my soul, a time will surely come to people in which the killer does not know why he has killed, and the one killed does not know why he was killed”.

Source: Sahih Muslim (2908). Grade: Sahih (According to Muslim).
Re: Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism by efilefun(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
May Almighty Allah (swt) return peace to this country and expose those behind this act hidding under islam.

Robana aateina fid-duniyaa hasanatan wa fil aakhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaanan- Naar

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Factors That Hinders The Acceptance Of Prayer / Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? / 7 Common Mistakes In Solah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.