Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala (33409 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by fairprince(m): 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
Beey:
I'd rather fall into a ditch with my eyes open,than fall with them closed under the lead of a blind man.I'd rather follow Paul as he followed Christ ,than embrace a doctrine of heresy which I don't know what the poster of the same believes.
. Thank u for that insightful contribution. How does this Femi's arguments save the world from destruction and he'll? Methinks one needs to be careful with this form of teaching cos it could lead a lot of simple-minded fellows into heresy and even cos many to err.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
despite the glaring contradictions in the bible, people still believe in it.

can anyone be more gullible than this?

It is only a fool that jumps into conclusion upon what he is gat no knowledge about.

There is no way u can ever understand the Bible if u re not a born again Christian. One whose spiritual eyes & mind is so liberated by the Holy Spirit. So i only pity ur drowning "myopicity"
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Prince202020:
Nawao nothing we no go hear angry angry
this is a stupid thread.
I just don't v time for the Op
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Amhappy(f): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2014
omonuan:

Any right thinking Christian should easily decipher Paul's anti Christian Doctrine. Don't blame Aribasala for Paul's malfeasance. Paul was in competition with Christ and he has succeeded in confusing many:

Galatians 4:14King James Version (KJV)

"And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus."

Christ says:

Matthew 24:4-5King James Version (KJV)

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Dear, lets go up a bit and read it from verse 12. Brethren,I beseech you,become as i am,for i also have become as you are. You did me no wrong 13 you know it was because of bodily aliment that i preached the gospel to you at first 14 and though my condition was a trial to you,you did not scorn or despice me,but received me as an angel of God,as Christ Jesus.
Paul did not compare himself to Christ. This is a message of commendation to Galatians for the reception given to him and the gospel he came to preach notwitstanding his human inadequacies.

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
U R SPIRITUALLY BANKRUPT & THE SADDEST THING IS THAT UR LIFE IS A USELESS ONE DESTINE FOR ETERNAL CONDEMNATION UNLESS U RE LIBERATED BY THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB. I JUST PRAY IT DOESN'T GET TOO LATE IN UR OWN CASE
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
fairprince:
. Thank u for that insightful contribution. How does this Femi's arguments save the world from destruction and he'll? Methinks one needs to be careful with this form of teaching cos it could lead a lot of simple-minded fellows into heresy and even cos many to err.
I don't know where this teaching originated from or the denomination that practices it. But,it's a false doctrine that's meant to tarnish the image of Apostle Paul.It's a teaching that may possibly lead people astray.For the believers who might not have moved from the milk into the meat,it could shake their faith.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by tevinsolt: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is what they call intellectual dishonesty, and this is its peak!
when i was in high school I learnt how to read in context and understand literal style.
sadly op you missed out.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by AdeniyiA(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Using carnal knowledge to interprete the Bible literally would only lead to confusion, deception and blasphemy
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by NewSpiritMan: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
The truth of the matter is that the bible has curropted christian organisations. I say christian organisations, because it' different from Christianity. The teachings of Christ was already living in the hearts of many and was being spread throughout the world before the world council of churches decided to run organised religion, so they gathered records and accounts, chose the ones they wanted and discarded the ones that did not go down well with them. As the gods which they made themselves over others, they imposed the resultant compilation of books called the bible over followers. From that moment, Jesus Christ was substituted with the bible as the WORD OF GOD. The CHURCH is a spiritual network of the followers of Jesus Christ who is our Chief Priest, First Born, Head of The Church and we worship only The Almighty God, The Father of Jesus and us all. We are in the world but we are not of the world. We are priests and heirs to The Kingdom Of God. Do not be deceived. The bible is a collection of books which you can use to experience what the people of old experienced. It contains vital information to help us understand certain things in science, philosophy, religion, politics, world history etc, but the pathway to God is Jesus Christ not Paul, moses, Abraham, Isaiah, etc. Jesus said to question every spirit be it from Paul or peter. If it says anything contrary to the teachings of Christ then it is AntiChrist. The word that came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ is Spirit and Life. Digest it and your spirit will awaken never to die. We are in the world but we are not of the world. Thankyou.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Sexytemi(f): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
salvatore007:

ąM G๏ЙЙą MIşş Pąş┼๏r Morakinyo mehn

same here
hope pst peter will be better.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Then you are not a believer of Gods word. I don't av time chattn with unbelievers. If u don't know the who what why the holyspirit. Go find ur type dat will spend time on endless arguements. M sure u there hasn't been any tangible impact of God in ur life. If u believe in everything about God ur life/mindset should av changed but reverse is the case.

I know what you mean. If you are losing an argument, your last resort would be name calling. You are a self proclaimed believer and nothing else. This does not make you a true believer in anything. Who are you to judge what I am? Ad hominem attacks are for losers!

Even your hero Paul says:

1 Corinthians 14:33King James Version (KJV) "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." Because you are confused about what you read in the Bible, you think everyone else should be like you. However, I can't be like you. I don't have a herd mentality. I can discern words. In fact, I make a living as one who is trained to discern words. I need neither you nor anyone else to interpret what I read.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by lyzee21(f): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
NewSpiritMan:
The truth of the matter is that the bible has curropted christian organisations. I say christian organisations, because it' different from Christianity. The teachings of Christ was already living in the hearts of many and was being spread throughout the world before the world council of churches decided to run organised religion, so they gathered records and accounts, chose the ones they wanted and discarded the ones that did not go down well with them. As the gods which they made themselves over others, they imposed the resultant compilation of books called the bible over followers. From that moment, Jesus Christ was substituted with the bible as the WORD OF GOD. The CHURCH is a spiritual network of the followers of Jesus Christ who is our Chief Priest, First Born, Head of The Church and we worship only The Almighty God, The Father of Jesus and us all. We are in the world but we are not of the world. We are priests and heirs to The Kingdom Of God. Do not be deceived. The bible is a collection of books which you can use to experience what the people of old experienced. It contains vital information to help us understand certain things in science, philosophy, religion, politics, world history etc, but the pathway to God is Jesus Christ not Paul, moses, Abraham, Isaiah, etc. Jesus said to question every spirit be it from Paul or peter. If it says anything contrary to the teachings of Christ then it is AntiChrist. The word that came out of the mouth of Jesus Christ is Spirit and Life. Digest it and your spirit will awaken never to die. We are in the world but we are not of the world. Thankyou.
when d bible says in 2 Tim.3:16 that all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable 4 doctrine,4 reproof,4 corectn,4 instructns in righteousness.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by deluckiest(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
And I would refer you to this link for better understanding of Christianity and how people like Ahmad Deedat(whom you shown much respect because he disdains Christians) was humbled when presented with the truth. You that are referring people to Ahmad Deedat, how much do you know him? Am sure you don't know how he spent his last days. After mocking the Holy Bible he was punished for blasphemy. His mouth was closed and was bed ridden all his remaining days on earth. This happened when he went to Australia to do his usual teaching - attacks on christians and the the Holy Bible. Even when he was warned to retract his venomous attack message he refuse and the Christians pray to their God to fight for his word and his people and he did.

I want you to to learn and be informed of the truth. http://answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/muhammad.html .

mazaje14:
Xtains are just doing religion by conjecture not knowledge and critical thinking. How would a jew wholeheartedly follow Jesus and propagate his true teachings? Pls i would refer all xtains to the books of Ahmad Deedat for better understanding of comparative religion
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Emmalot121(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
After careful examination of this, I found out that some don't have meaning and the verses don't match with what they are meant to explain, some show little understanding of bible, some show little knowledge of what was meant by what was written and others are selective quotations.
See muslims liking posts of sonoflucifer! Your book of falacies that cannot stand constructive criticism, vipers, murderers. Ish!
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by eluquenson(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Controversial verses
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
PLEXPLEX:

It is only a fool that jumps into conclusion upon what he is gat no knowledge about.

There is no way u can ever understand the Bible if u re not a born again Christian. One whose spiritual eyes & mind is so liberated by the Holy Spirit. So i only pity ur drowning "myopicity"

Arrant nonsense! The Bible is what it is. If you are born right the first time, why do you need to be born again? You latch on to a meaningless cliche and regurgitate it ad naseum. Paul your hero said: 1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV) "For God is not the author of confusion...." If this is correct and you believe God inspired the authors of the Bible, why then do you demean your God by claiming that the Bible needs special decoder from Holy Ghost? This does not make sense!
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by salvatore007(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sexytemi:

same here
hope pst peter will be better.

ßy G๏đş grace
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by old2boy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Seun, is it because Christians are forgiving that this can make Nairaland front page? Femi Aribisala is a known antichrist yet you allow his views on your front page. Will you do the same if the view is anti Islam?
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by omoiseselagba: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
blemon44:
Apostle Paul is a mare human

JESUS is our lord and savior so in him will i put all my trust

why will i obey a mare human,when my God Jesus christ has made it clear for me

As for me and my family we will serve the lord
christianity;enslaving the poor and d ignorants since constatine converted europe into xtianity.smh
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
fairprince:
. Pls let us not mix up issues here. The Bible should never be quoted out of context. Take a little time once in a while to study the entire Bible. U can also get little help with some commentaries who though might offer only probable explanations but are all the same helpful. There is what is called the Principle of scriptural adjacency that encourages one to read up an entire verse, and then chapter, and book, and testament and then check other references in d entire Bible before commenting. You have also forgotten too that even Apostle Paul said we should not listen to even himself or anyone else that comes up with a teaching contra to that of Christ-even if it is an angel. Study the Bible yourself prayerfully with the help of the Holy Spirit and u won't even see any iota of sense in what Femi is saying. For me I just browsed thru d whole points and saw that they do not really make sense cos I know better. Do what the Berean brethren did and also study to show thyself approved....

Show me where I quoted the bible out of context or chill please. The fact that I cited what you don't like does not mean it is quoted out of context. Go through the thread and indicate where I quoted the bible out of context and cite the correct quote. I will be waiting.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by blemon44(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
omoiseselagba:
christianity;enslaving the poor and d ignorants since constatine converted europe into xtianity.smh

muslim,terrorists,killers,blood suckers
thats what you people are since mohamed turned you people to vampires
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by NewSpiritMan: 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
lyzee21:
when d bible says in 2 Tim.3:16 that all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable 4 doctrine,4 reproof,4 corectn,4 instructns in righteousness.

You quote Paul. I quote Jesus: Speaking to jewish religous leaders, custodians of the scripture, what is primarily the old testament in the bible, Jesus said as recorded by John 5:37-40: The Father who sent me also speaks for me but you have never heard His voice or seen Him. You have not believed His Message because you have refused to have faith in the One He sent. You search the scriptures because you think you will find eternal Life in them. The scriptures tell about me(His coming), but you refuse to come to me for Eternal Life. Words from my Teacher. The word of God.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Amhappy:

Dear, lets go up a bit and read it from verse 12. Brethren,I beseech you,become as i am,for i also have become as you are. You did me no wrong 13 you know it was because of bodily aliment that i preached the gospel to you at first 14 and though my condition was a trial to you,you did not scorn or despice me,but received me as an angel of God,as Christ Jesus.
Paul did not compare himself to Christ. This is a message of commendation to Galatians for the reception given to him and the gospel he came to preach notwitstanding his human inadequacies.

Your own opinion and you are entitled to it. The verses are the best evidence and everyone is free to read it regardless of your spin. Paul in Galatians 1 emphasizes his knowledge comes directly from Jesus and not from man. Jesus says in Matthew 24:26 if someone claims to see him in the secret chambers, we should not believe him. Who do we believe Paul or Christ?

If Paul’s claim in Galatians 2:16 is true, that we are saved by faith only, then why did James refute this in James 2:14-26 by calling the author of this doctrine “o vain man” in v.20?
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by rikamann: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Can't make any sense from what Femi has written, what does he confess? Look at his no.2 argument, does Romans 10:13 contradict Matthew 7:21?
(2) Jesus warns that not everyone who calls him Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21); but Paul says everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by luckman20(m): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=lomprico post=28470705]
Was Jesus on this earth during Paul's ministry?[/quotle]
You dey mind am
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by donbenie(m): 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Yeah,that nigg@ Paul,he's somewhere in the Bible..beware of him!
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by pazienza(m): 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Paul was a stooge of the Roman empire, they used him to a devastating effect to destroy the ministry of the early apostles.Having failed to destroy the early church from outside,Paul realized that he stood a better chance destroying the Christ message from inside. And that was exactly what he did, he hijacked the ministry from Peter, the man Christ left in charge, and the rest was history, for Peter was the foundation upon which Christ built the Church, he was leader of the Church. Mathew 16:18

"And if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do". Psalm 11:3

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by Beey(f): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
donbenie:
Yeah,that nigg@ Paul,he's somewhere in the Bible..beware of him!
Have you heard what the Lord has done? He has destroyed the works of Satan.He has given us the victory that's why we sing Oh say yeah...........The works of false teacher Femi Aribisala & his supporters too, Oh say yeah...!!
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by cuteniva: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
blym4real:

You don come back.
I've bin here
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by cuteniva: 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
omoiseselagba:
nd islam is oppressing and brain washing the ignorants to kill,n destroy lives n property

1 Like

Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by danjalingo: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Antichrists all over.
Re: Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala by blym4real: 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
cuteniva:
I've bin here
Have been seen less of your post recently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / Stingy Men Association: What The Bible Says / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.