Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus (2100 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / Muslim: Please Am Confused... Watch This Video... Is Allah Greatest Of Deceivers / Bible Verses Of How Paul Contradicted Jesus (as) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
(1)Jesus says we should beware of the doctrine of the Pharisees (Luke 12:1); but Paul proclaimed himself a Pharisee even as a Christian (Acts 23:6).
Jesus said beware of doctrine of the pharisee and not from a pharisee. Paul taught the gospel of Jesus and not of Pharisee though being a Pharisee himself.

(2) Jesus warns that not everyone who calls him Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21); but Paul says everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).
Calling upon the name of the Lord denotes sincerity and putting hope in God, Jesus actually mean the hypocrite shall not be saved. Read the book of Matthew 7.

(3) Jesus asks men to preach the gospel (Matthew 28:18-19); but Paul says he did not receive his own gospel from men (Galatians 1:11-12).
Jesus asked men to preach the Gospel of God, Paul's own gospel is of God and NOT of men going by his divine encounter.

(4) Jesus himself was circumcised (Luke 2:21); but Paul says if we are circumcised we would be estranged from Christ (Galatians 5:2-4).
This is the greatest lies. Paul's message was clear to the Galatian church, he said our circumcision is spiritual and not necessarily physical like it is practised by the jewish community. Some Jewish christians and judaisers were telling the Galatians(gentiles) that they must be circumcised just like the jews. I am prepared to school doubters on this.

(5) Jesus says children of God are born spiritually (John 3:3); but Paul says children of God are adopted (Romans 8:15).
the Bible was written in Greek(NT), born or adopted depends on the interpretation of the translator. Even google modern day translator is not absolutely correct.

(6) Jesus says God must be the only father of believers (Matthew 23:9); but Paul proclaims himself the father of some believers (Philemon 1:10; 1 Corinthians 4:15).
Jesus spoke in parables, the Father in Jesus' case means a supreme being, in Paul's case it means a leader in the faith and not a supreme being.

(7) Jesus says there is only one pastor and he is the one (John 10:16) ; but Paul says there are many pastors (Ephesians 4 :11).
Jesus has never referred himself a Pastor. The first set of Pastors were the Apostle, after their commission by the Lord.

(8 ) Jesus says there is only one teacher and he is the one (Matthew 23:8 ) ; but Paul says there are many teachers and that God ordained him as a teacher (1 Timothy 2:7).
Reading these passages exposes the foolishness of Femi Aribasala

(9) Jesus says we should pray in private and not on street-corners (Matthew 6:5-6) ; but Paul says we should pray everywhere (1 Timothy 2:8 ).
Jesus again was speaking in parables. He actually mean that you shouldn't be hypocritical by telling the world world that you are praying. Instead, your prayer should be between yourself and God. Paul says pray everywhere to God, however, he never endorsed Prayer to be praised of men. Read Mat 6

(10) Jesus says we should not eat food sacrificed to idols (Revelation 2:14); but Paul says it does not matter if we eat food sacrificed to idols (1 Corinthians 8:8; Romans 14:14).
Revelation is Apocalypse. It is not literal, its a book of signs and symbols. Everything in revelation is symbolic. Paul was saying if the gentiles offers you food eat it, even God told Peter that he shouldn't call what he created unclean. However, the Bible preaches against christians sacrificing to idols.

(11) Jesus says we should not receive payment for preaching the gospel (Matthew 10:8 ) ; but Paul says we should receive payment for preaching the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:11).
Jesus said we should not receive payment For preaching, what paul said is that we(Christians) should take care of our leaders as they have no other income but the lords work.

(12) Jesus warns us to beware of thieves and robbers masquerading as pastors (John 10:1/8 ) ; but Paul admits to robbing churches in the name of receiving wages from them (2 Corinthians 11:8 ).
This is a clear misrepresentation and deception. That passage doesn't correlate

(13) Jesus asks us to baptise as we preach the gospel (Matthew 28:19); but Paul dismisses the importance of baptism (1 Corinthians 1:17).
Christianity did not start preCrucifiction but Post Crucifixion and resurrection. The Water Baptism was the Shadow of Holy Ghost Baptism, which came to effect after the ascension of Christ(Act 2).

(14) Jesus says in preaching the gospel we should build on other men’s foundations (John 4:38 ) ; but Paul says he is determined not to build on other men’s foundations (Romans 15:20).
this again is the figment of the writer's imagination. Pls read John 4 and Romans 15 again.

(15) Jesus says we should not swear or curse (Matthew 5:34-37) ; but Paul swears and curses (2 Corinthians 1:23 ; Galatians 1:9).
Jesus said we should not swear by God or ourselves to prove our innocence(as was practised in Judaism), Paul never did.

[quote](16) Jesus is against the use of deception (John 1:47) ; but Paul boasts of using deception (2 Corinthians 12:16). Pls read that passage again, Paul was never deceptive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
(17) Jesus says we should disregard public opinion (Luke 6:26; John 15:18-19) ; but Paul actively courts public opinion (1 Corinthians 10:33 ; 1 Corinthians 9:20-22).
Just like the others, this is incoherent. Pls read the passages AGAIN

(18 ) Jesus says God is not the God of the dead (Luke 20:38 ); but Paul says God is the God of the dead (Romans 14:9).
oh nairalanders please read both passages, they are complementary and not contradictory. Pls READ!

(19) Jesus says believers will never die (John 11:26) ; but Paul says believers died with Christ (Romans 6:8 ).
Believers will live to reign with Christ because they are dead to selves but alive in Christ. Christ lives, believers will live and NOT die(John 3:16)

(20) Jesus says he was a ransom for only some people (Matthew 20:28 ) ; but Paul says Jesus was a ransom for everybody (1 Timothy 2:6).
Matt 20:20 clearly states that Jesus paid his life for a ransome to "MANY". Another passage says "For as Many that calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".

(21) Jesus says some men are righteous (Matthew 13:17; Matthew 23:35) ; but Paul says no one is righteous (Romans 3:10).
No discrepancy in both passages. Paul simply means no one is righteous but in Christ. Jesus mean some men are Righteous in the Lord, he called them Prophets eg Moses

(22) Jesus says he is not the saviour of the righteous (Matthew 9:12-13) ; but Paul says Jesus is the saviour of all men (1 Timothy 4:10).
Jesus simply means if you feel you are "righteous" then you don't need him, but only those that confesses their sins needs him(again John 3 will help here). Paul isn't contradicting but complementing.

(23) Jesus says the kingdom of God has been taken away from Israel (Matthew 21:43) ; but Paul says all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:26).
Yes, the Kingdom has been taken away from Israel(the children of Abraham) but given to Israel(the Christians and believers of the Gospel). Our Jarusalem is not of the earth but of Heaven. Jesus and paul are in consonant.

(24) Jesus says God does not desire sacrifices (Matthew 9:13); but Paul says God sacrificed Jesus to himself (1 Corinthians 5:7).
Jesus has paid the price, so God no longer desire us to kill rams etal for our sins to be washed. Both are on point

(25) Jesus says he did not come to abrogate the law (Matthew 5:17-18 ); but Paul says Jesus abrogated the law (Romans 10:4 ; Colossians 2:14).
Jesus came to fulfil the law and the prophets, which he did, hence, that law is no longer valid and has been replaced by the grace of God.
Students are bound by law to pass exams before certificate is issued, on passing the exam, the certificate is issued. The student is no longer bound by that law as he has already fulfilled it. Jesus paid the price and fulfilled the law on our behalf.

(26) Jesus says salvation is by works (Matthew 7:21; Matthew 21:28-31) ; but Paul says salvation is not by works but by grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Jesus said you must do the will of the father, Paul says by our power we can't but by the "grace" of God can we. Hence, we need to have the Holy Ghost in us. The will of the father is that we have the Holy Ghost so as to be able to keep God's principle.

(27) Jesus says our trespasses will only be forgiven if we forgive others (Matthew 6:14-15) ; but Paul says all our trespasses have already been forgiven (Colossians 2:13).
Lies! Jesus said we will not be forgiven if we don't forgive others. Paul says as Christians, we have been forgiven. One of the conditions in Christianity is Forgive everyone. So if you don't forgive, you are not a christian. Therefore, Paul's teaching doesn't apply to you, only christians.

(28) Jesus says our receiving mercy depends on our being merciful (Matthew 5:7); but Paul says our receiving mercy depends entirely on God’s discretion (Romans 9:16).
Lies! Paul said it is not by our making but by the mercies of God. In other words, all credit must Go to God and none to us. Paul again referred to christians, I have explained Jesus' position

(29) Jesus says we will be justified by our own words (Matthew 12:37); but Paul says we are justified by faith (Romans 3:28).
Please read both passages. Jesus said "watch your tongue", Paul said "You don't need Moses' law to be Justified but faith in God" different context. Pls read.

(30) Jesus says eternal life is very costly (Matthew 19:29; Luke 14:28-33); but Paul says eternal life is a free gift (Romans 6:23).
Please read these passages, Jesus was speaking in parables, meaning "Do not place anything above God", Paul said "You don't need to pay to be saved" please read the passages.

(31) Jesus says eternal life is attained by hearing and acting on his words (John 5:24); but Paul says eternal life is attained by grace (Romans 5:21)...
Please read, different context but not conflicting. This writer is not smart at all.

May God guide us all against false Teachers of His Word, Amen!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by chibwike(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Wow....barcanista..you never cease to amaze me....u even knw ur bible too....thumbs up man...nice one

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by monemsis(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by gede7744(f): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
u dey mind that aribisala man?

he just display his joblessness. no better things to use his life for than to sit down and start comparing and contrasting d scriptures.

anybody that takes him serious never no JESUS in d first place or d scriptures as d case may be

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Wow....barcanista..you never cease to amaze me....u even knw ur bible too....thumbs up man...nice one
My guy don't mind that Femi. I don't know what he intends to achieve but one thing I know is that the Church of God (ie believers) are matching on, and the gate of hell shall never prevail against it. Jesus conquered them on the cross, no amount of deception and propaganda shall succeed against Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by dein77(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks my brother, Barcanista, for these expositions.

Apostle Paul's was handed down to him by Jesus Christ.

Paul couldn't have contradicted Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by chibwike(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
My guy don't mind that Femi. I don't know what he intends to achieve but one thing I know is that the Church of God (ie believers) are matching on, and the gate of hell shall never prevail against it. Jesus conquered them on the cross, no amount of deception and propaganda shall succeed against Christianity.
Amen oh..i just saw the useless thread nw....some people sha.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
dein77:
Thanks my brother, Barcanista, for these expositions.

Apostle Paul's was handed down to him by Jesus Christ.

Paul couldn't have contradicted Jesus Christ.

You are welcome. I was surprised when I first saw "Jesus Vs Paul" like they are in contention. I don't know why people like Femi will not allow people to practise their religion in peace. The Femis of the world are many, they always seek though unseccessfully to discredit Jesus, the Bible and Christianity as a whole so as to mislead believers and prospective believers. May God help us all and forgive them of their ignorance/wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by braintext(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice one there
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
This thread is in Response to Femi Aribasala's deceptive thread that graced the FP https://www.nairaland.com/2022218/christians-must-choose-between-apostle. I appeal to Seun, Obinoscopy and Ishilove to help us to move to FP, so people can see to Femi's deception and not get misled. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by dein77(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
You are welcome. I was surprised when I first saw "Jesus Vs Paul" like they are in contention. I don't know why people like Femi will not allow people to practise their religion in peace. The Femis of the world are many, they always seek though unseccessfully to discredit Jesus, the Bible and Christianity as a whole so as to mislead believers and prospective believers. May God help us all and forgive them of their ignorance/wickedness.

Amen. There's no contention between Jesus and Paul. It's very dangerous to pick Bible verses just to confirm an opinion.

God's Word must be studied in humility and sincerity.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Balyz: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
oga Barcanista since when did you dabble in theological matters? grin i thought we agreed that Femi Aribisala is a confusionist
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Balyz:
oga Barcanista since when did you dabble in theological matters? grin i thought we agreed that Femi Aribisala is a confusionist
Rightly said! Femi is a confused human being

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by fr3do(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
grin Aribasala with his head like papa Ajasco

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by yokiti: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
God bless you for this.
The gate of hell shall not prevail against the church of God.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by yokiti: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
I dont know why the Aribisala of a guy decided to dabble into what he has little knowledge of.
He should have remained the mouth piece of politicians and continue to spread his message of hate among the citizens that he is known for rather than disgracing himself with twisting of the holy scriptures.
I will end by quoting from the book of I Corinthians 1 vs 18:
" For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish, foolishness; but unto us which are saved, it is the power of God."

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
yokiti:

God bless you for this.
The gate of hell shall not prevail against the church of God.
#Amen! God bless you too

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by dein77(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
#Amen! God bless you too

Bro, I dey stuck for traffic. Keep me updated about the match when it starts. ..will be following at sports section. ..
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
dein77:

Bro, I dey stuck for traffic. Keep me updated about the match when it starts. ..will be following at sports section. ..
No wahala. I de viewing center sef
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by dein77(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
No wahala. I de viewing center sef

Bro, U dey vex oooo.....The match na 9 pm self...
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
dein77:

Bro, U dey vex oooo.....The match na 9 pm self...
I de watch Villarel game
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by dein77(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
I de watch Villarel game

Ok. That's good. Match to start soon.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Anomnity: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
How can Paul contradict Jesus when Jesus by the holy spirit was living inside and speaking through Paul.The problem lies in misinterpreting what Paul and the Lord Jesus had to say in various places in the scripture.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 01, 2014
Paul not only contradicted Jesus, he contradicted Yahweh:

Yahweh says:
"As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it."

Jesus said, “A man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” Mark 10:8.

Paul contradicted Yahweh and Jesus:

Now for the matters you wrote about: "It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman."◄ 1 Corinthians 7:1 ►

"If you have a wife, do not seek to end the marriage. If you do not have a wife, do not seek to get married."◄ 1 Corinthians 7:27 ►

Christian enthusiasm for marriage is certainly not supported by Paul . Here’s what He says: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman” (1 Cor. 7:1). So much for the celebrated need to "multiply"

I know Paul's supporters would rush in here to say that Paul also said, “Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry” (1 Cor. 7:8–9). However, according to Paul, marriage is the second best option at best or worst yet Christians should never get married.

How many of you supporters of Paul have taken his advise? Should we heed Yahweh's injunction to "go multiply" and Jesus' teaching that "[a] man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” Mark 10:8 or remain unmarried as Paul charged?
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Paul lied that the Lord sent Peter to Jews and him to Gentiles when there was no such division of labour (Matthew 28:18-20). Indeed, it was Peter that God used to open the door of faith to Gentiles through Cornelius (Acts 15:7-9). Paul initially preached to Jews; but they rejected a messiah allegedly sacrificed for sins (1 Corinthians 1:23). He only switched to Gentiles because Jews rejected him (Acts 13:45-46; 18:5-6).

Paul used the lie of a division of labour to divide Jewish Christians from Gentile Christians. He then divided even the Gentiles between themselves because contradictory doctrinal views abound in his epistles as he sought to be “all things to all men” (1 Corinthians 9:22). This makes it difficult to pin Paul down to any position. He is hypocritically on all sides of all arguments.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 01, 2014
Paul says:

1Cor.12

[28] And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third, teachers,
Eph.4
[11] And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers,
1Tim.2
[7] For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
2Tim.1
[11] For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher,

Jesus says:

Matt.23
[8] But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren.

On the number to be saved:

Paul says:

Rom.11
[25] Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in,
[26] and so all Israel will be saved; as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.

Jesus says:

Matt.7
[13] Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
[14] For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

On the number and identity of pastors (shepherds):

Paul says:

Eph.4
[11] And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors (shepherds) and teachers,

Jesus says:

John.10
[16] And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Anomnity: 6:46am On Dec 01, 2014
I suspect these Paul Antagonists are nothing but occultists and satanists vested with the authority to twist & discredit the scriptures and cause confusion and disharmony by using such means as deliberatly misrepresenting paul & such like.
@&
Its nothing new to me.They even said Jesus was married & had kids and another group stated that Jesus went down to Egypt and acquired occultic powers which was used in His 3 year ministry.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Anomnity:
I suspect these Paul Antagonists are nothing but occultists and satanists vested with the authority to twist & discredit the scriptures and cause confusion and disharmony by using such means as deliberatly misrepresenting paul & such like.
@&
Its nothing new to me.They even said Jesus was married & had kids and another group stated that Jesus went down to Egypt and acquired occultic powers which was used in His 3 year ministry.

Yep, there you go! When you are losing an argument resort to name calling. This is a time tested last resort for losers- -ad hominem attack. Why not present your point rather than name calling? You are the one that is in a cult, the cult of personality of Paul.

Therefore you see no evil and hear no evil about him despite all the evidence that abounds.
Re: Beware Of Deceivers!!!!paul Never Contradicted Jesus by Anomnity: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2014
omonuan:

Yep, there you go! When you are losing an argument resort to name calling. This is a time tested last resort for losers- -ad hominem attack. Why not present your point rather than name calling? You are the one that is in a cult, the cult of personality of Paul.

Therefore you see no evil and hear no evil about him despite all the evidence that abounds.
@&

(1) (Reply)

Albert Einstein's Answer On The Existence Of God / Pentecostal Benny Hinn Says Catholics Have More Miracles, Credits Eucharist / Is Atheism A Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.