Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. (1955 Views)

My Mum Has Been Having Catarrh For 10yrs Now / Severe Headache. Advice Pls / Help! Been Having A Long Date With Catarrh And Sneezing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
My mum has been having this severe headache for one month now, shez not sick, neither is she having any other sign or illness, but this headache comes momentarily in a day. Shez hale and hearty if not for this headache, and it causes her head to spin, sometimes wen she takes drugs, it will calm, but continues later. Pls any idea of what could be the cause of this headache before she goes for a medical checkup.
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by monemsis(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Does She has some tin bothering her mind
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hi there, sorry about your mom's predicament. I'm wondering if it's migraine headaches, is she sometimes sensitive to light? Any kind of light like sun, bulb etc?
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Gboliwe: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
What is her blood pressure like? Is she hypertensive?
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by omicron(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
There are a thounsand and one things that could cause that...

While the cause is very likely a not-so-serious one, If I'm her GP, I would still maintain a high index of suspicion for small small 'leaks' of blood in her brain - a warning sign of impending subarachnod haemorrhage, or bleeding inside her head.

Not to scare u though
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Gboliwe:
What is her blood pressure like? Is she hypertensive?
yeah she has high blood pressure, could that be the cause?
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
omicron:
There are a thounsand and one things that could cause that...

While the cause is very likely a not-so-serious one, If I'm her GP, I would still maintain a high index of suspicion for small small 'leaks' of blood in her brain - a warning sign of impending subarachnod haemorrhage, or bleeding inside her head.

Not to scare u though
doctor u just scared me seriously, i don't understand those terms u used, but they pretty scary, am not even gona tell her this cos her blood pressure is high, do we go for a medical checkup
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
monemsis:
Does She has some tin bothering her mind
nope wev all gotten over our heartbreaking experiences
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
xcelsia:
Hi there, sorry about your mom's predicament. I'm wondering if it's migraine headaches, is she sometimes sensitive to light? Any kind of light like sun, bulb etc?
tnx for ur concern dear, she maintains a normal temperature, she works in an office.
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by monemsis(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oziddy:
nope wev all gotten over our heartbreaking experiences
may be she needs more rest and sleeps
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Gboliwe: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oziddy:
yeah she has high blood pressure, could that be the cause?

Is she taking her medications as and when due?
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Bukkiminat(f): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
xcelsia:

ma'am,what are the symptoms of migraine headaches?
Can it b cured?
What can it lead 2 f nt quickly cured

thanks

i don't wanna ask g....gle

1 Like

Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by ewumitobi(f): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Do you need a caregiver for your aged parents call Tobi on 08059779049
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by omicron(m): 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oziddy:
doctor u just scared me seriously, i don't understand those terms u used, but they pretty scary, am not even gona tell her this cos her blood pressure is high, do we go for a medical checkup
sorry, I didnt mean to scare you. No need to tell her of the worst possibilities too.

Yes, she needs check up. Let a neurologist see her, cos I'm sure she must have seen many general practioners already.
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by dmcdad: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oziddy:
My mum has been having this severe headache for one month now, shez not sick, neither is she having any other sign or illness, but this headache comes momentarily in a day. Shez hale and hearty if not for this headache, and it causes her head to spin, sometimes wen she takes drugs, it will calm, but continues later. Pls any idea of what could be the cause of this headache before she goes for a medical checkup.
Same thing happened to me some 3 months ago.

www.nairaland.com/1878248/ive-been-experiencing-aches-head

It was for 2 straight weeks that I experienced it. To be frank, I took drugs for typhoid/malaria, enough painkillers, but to no avail. My experience then goes thus; if I take painkillers, it reduces it to the bearest minimum, and after a while, the situation goes back to square 0.

After a week or thereabouts, I stopped taking drugs of any sort. And after 2 weeks, my brother to tell you the truth, na prayer I use pursue that headache oooooo. Seriously!

I made lots of research about the types of headaches, and to tell you the truth, mine was like a mixture of migraine, and some other hard-cord ones (lol). But thank God for his faithfulness, that I was able to send it away with prayers. #Nokidding
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2014
Gboliwe:

Is she taking her medications as and when due?
yea she is, i think.
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:32am On Dec 01, 2014
dmcdad:

Same thing happened to me some 3 months ago.

www.nairaland.com/1878248/ive-been-experiencing-aches-head

It was for 2 straight weeks that I experienced it. To be frank, I took drugs for typhoid/malaria, enough painkillers, but to no avail. My experience then goes thus; if I take painkillers, it reduces it to the bearest minimum, and after a while, the situation goes back to square 0.

After a week or thereabouts, I stopped taking drugs of any sort. And after 2 weeks, my brother to tell you the truth, na prayer I use pursue that headache oooooo. Seriously!

I made lots of research about the types of headaches, and to tell you the truth, mine was like a mixture of migraine, and some other hard-cord ones (lol). But thank God for his faithfulness, that I was able to send it away with prayers. #Nokidding
i always pray for my mum
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:34am On Dec 01, 2014
omicron:
sorry, I didnt mean to scare you. No need to tell her of the worst possibilities too.

Yes, she needs check up. Let a neurologist see her, cos I'm sure she must have seen many general practioners already.
tnx doc, were going for a check up dis morning
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by dmcdad: 5:35am On Dec 01, 2014
Oziddy:
i always pray for my mum
Good. Cause you never can tell. She can as well go for tests.
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:35am On Dec 01, 2014
monemsis:
may be she needs more rest and sleeps
i think she gets alot, well tnx anyway
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Oziddy: 5:37am On Dec 01, 2014
dmcdad:

Good. Cause you never can tell. She can as well go for tests.
shez doing dat later dis morning, tnx for ur concern bro
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Gboliwe: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2014
Oziddy:
yea she is, i think.

You think? shocked
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by dmcdad: 6:56am On Dec 01, 2014
Oziddy:
shez doing dat later dis morning, tnx for ur concern bro
You welcome bruv...
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
Bukkiminat:

ma'am,what are the symptoms of migraine headaches?
Can it b cured?
What can it lead 2 f nt quickly cured

thanks

i don't wanna ask g....gle
Oh dear me, you've surely given me some work to do. It's okay dear, I'll go to Google for you and get your answers. Please give me a quick second and I'll be right back, sit tight smiley
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
A migraine is a common type of headache that may occur with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light. In many people, a throbbing pain is felt only on one side of the head. Some people who get migraines have warning symptoms, called an aura, before the actual headache begins.

I'll be back with more info okay, sit tight smiley
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Migraine is an episodic, unpredictable headache disorder that presents with disabling attacks. These migraine attacks can be successfully treated with acute medications. Some of these medications are available over the counter and are prescription medications. Acute medications fall into general classes of medicines including analgesics, ergotamines, and triptans.

I'll be back with more info okay, sit tight smiley
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
For many people, migraines eventually go into remission and sometimes disappear completely, particularly as they age. Estrogen decline after menopause may be responsible for remission in some older women.

Alright there you have it, hope your questions were answered. Let me know if you have more questions, I understand that Internet connection is quite expensive in Nigeria, I have unlimited Internet access here and I'll gladly get more information from Google for you smiley
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Bukkiminat(f): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
xcelsia:
For many people, migraines eventually go into remission and sometimes disappear completely, particularly as they age. Estrogen decline after menopause may be responsible for remission in some older women.

Alright there you have it, hope your questions were answered. Let me know if you have more questions, I understand that Internet connection is quite expensive in Nigeria, I have unlimited Internet access here and I'll gladly get more information from Google for you smiley

*lot of kisses* thanks a lot sis!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by tammyloreoluwa(f): 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
My dear get her blood pressure under control since its high, same goes for my mum just last week here, had to rush her to the hospital and she was admitted when the doctor saw her b@ he shouted cus she was also having sever headache...so my dear go to the hospital and let them start her on her bp drugs ooooo...it is well
Re: My Mum Has Been Having This Severe Headache For One Month Now. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Bukkiminat:

*lot of kisses* thanks a lot sis!
You're welcome anytime and kisses to you too love kiss

(1) (Reply)

Jewish Soup Yeah Okay Baptists Nylon / The Importance Of Knowing Your Genotype And Your Blood Group Before Marriage / Beware Too Much Cola Causes Male Infertility: Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.