Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) (1544 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Just a Sunday afternoon musing on #NigeriaVotes2015.

Buhari/Fashola combination will be the most exciting for voters that chose to vote based on personalities and track record.

Reminds me of the excitement Nigerians had over MKO/Kingibe in 92/93 until June-12 cut it all short.

Share your thoughts please. This is not an APC thread.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by yuncka: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
Is that so? I hope history doesnt repeat itself again.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
yuncka:
Is that so? I hope history doesnt repeat itself again.

Dt kind jinx.
Na to change passport o...
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink cheesy
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
That's the winning formula every sane nigerian won't mind embracing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
That's the winning formula every sane nigerian won't mind embracing.

But all the rumours about Tinubu and Fashola having opposing candidates to be anointed for Lagos APC 2015 guber aspirant may thwart such a sweet combination.

Should Raji Fashola concede his interest in Lagos to improve his VP chances with APC?
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Political Suicide grin
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:
Political Suicide grin

Ogini? How?
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Ogini? How?

Muslim/Muslim Ticket, that was '93 Formation not recent formation.

Dead on Arrival!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by searchcorp(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Buhari/Fashola combination will be the most exciting for voters that chose to vote based on personalities and track record.

Reminds me of the excitement Nigerians had over MKO/Kingibe in 92/93 until June-12 cut it all short.

I agree
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by kayoday(m): 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
That will be a Muslim-Muslim ticket. Buhari/APC should not make such mistake.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:

Muslim/Muslim Ticket, that was '93 Formation not recent formation.
Dead on Arrival!!!
kayoday:
That will be a Muslim-Muslim ticket. Buhari/APC should not make such mistake.

I saw that coming but it is the major disadvantage anyone will quote for a Buhari/Fashola ticket and that can be largely dispelled based on how they market the ticket. It is a lot better than if the major issue is 'they are corrupt or incompetent' etc.
Me also thinks that Nigeria has never been more polarised along sectarian lines than this period. Who do we blame for this?

Let us speculate a bit though

Buhari - Pres
Fashola - VP
Amaechi - Campaign Director (and Senate President if APC wins)
Oshiomole, Oby Ezekwesili, Rochas, El Rufai, Tambuwal, Fayemi, Sylva, Kwankwaso etc- integral part of campaign team and Gov't if APC wins
Tinubu, OBJ etc - Campaign supporters and elders

This is not an Islamic combination if Buhari's team can market the strength of his team (not just mentioning Fashola but other integral members), share a comprehensive development plan for Nigeria, campaign intensively everywhere in the country and energise the base early enough.
Me thinks APC is slow in trying to achieve this though.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Desola(f): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

I saw that coming but it is the major disadvantage anyone will quote for a Buhari/Fashola ticket and that can be largely dispelled based on how they market the ticket. It is a lot better than if the major issue is 'they are corrupt or incompetent' etc.
Me also thinks that Nigeria has never been more polarised along sectarian lines than this period. Who do we blame for this?

Buhari - Pres
Fashola - VP
Oshiomole, Oby Ezekwesili, Rochas, El Rufai, Tambuwal, Fayemi, Sylva, Kwankwaso etc- integral part of campaign team and Gov't if APC wins

This is not an Islamic combination if Buhari's team can market the strength of his team (not just mentioning Fashola but other integral members), share a comprehensive development plan for Nigeria, campaign intensively everywhere in the country and energise the base early enough.

I concur.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Buhari - Pres
Fashola - VP

Who sold that to you?
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:

LRNZH: Me also thinks that Nigeria has never been more polarised along sectarian lines than this period.

Who sold that to you?

Descartes!

BH is blazing in the North. Niger Delta (former and current) militants are promising hell if GEJ doesn't stay past 2015 (irrespective of his gov't's performance or antecedents). a Muslim/Musim ticket which worked very well in 1993 is now dead on arrival (according to the likes of you).

We shouldn't be focussing mainly on religious or tribal affiliations but individual's track record and potential to improve this country. We have not made a lot of progress as a country to put it mildly but sectarian thinking will not let us see the real issues.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lets hope jonathan won't turn to babaginda in this story.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Descartes!

BH is blazing in the North. Niger Delta (former and current) militants are promising hell if GEJ doesn't stay past 2015 (irrespective of his performance or antecedents). a Muslim/Musim ticket which worked very well in 1993 is now dead on arrival (according to the likes of you).

We shouldn't be focussing mainly on religious or tribal affiliations but individual's track record and potential to improve this country. We have not made a lot of progress as a country to put it mildly but sectarian thinking will not let us see the real issues.

It seems you don't what's is on ground.

Even the Party's Stalwarts are aware of the implications of such outing.

As I said before, such combinatorial politics is dead on arrival.

Cheers smiley
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by teeowo: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
We must all care about the competency and patriotism of the next president and vice president, not their religious and ethnic backgrounds!
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:

It seems you don't what's is on ground.

Even the Party's Stalwarts are aware of the implications of such outing.

As I said before, such combinatorial politics is dead on arrival.

Cheers smiley

Mention the (APC) party stalwarts that have voiced their opinions with links if you may.

The only character of note that has opposed a so called 'Muslim/Muslim' ticket is OBJ --> http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-replies-buhari-muslim-muslim-ticket-dangerous-for-nigeria/

And I do not respect OBJ's opinions much since the third term debacle. Third term undid all the achievments of his administration and foisted an unknown, untested and now proven to be incompetent Yar'adua/GEJ combination on us as we know it. His opinions should be critically queried.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Mention the (APC) party stalwarts that have voiced their opinions with links if you may.

The only character of note that has opposed a so called 'Muslim/Muslim' ticket is OBJ --> http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-replies-buhari-muslim-muslim-ticket-dangerous-for-nigeria/

And I do not respect OBJ's opinions much since the third term debacle. Third term undid all the achievments of his administration and foisted an unknown, untested and now proven to be incompetent Yar'adua/GEJ combination on us as we know it. His opinions should be critically queried.

Politics is a Game of Chess cool

Any miscalculated move will definitely put you in CHECK by your opponents using some gullible electorates as political PAWNS.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:

Politics is a Game of Chess cool

Any miscalculated move will definitely put you in CHECK by your opponents using some gullible electorates as political PAWNS.

Scare mongering and fear peddling won't take away from the facts. Please respond to my earlier question:
LRNZH:

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Descartes: 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

Scare mongering and fear peddling won't take away from the facts. Please respond to my earlier question:

I said they are aware of this.... meaning that they are aware of the "polarization" or should I say the "fragility" of such combination.

We call it speculative journalism.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by argon500: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
LRNZH:

How about Tambuwal/Fashola? Best replica of MKO/Kingibe
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by BlackTechnology: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dreamers grin

Bring them on and face total defeat.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hope2015!!!!! Buhari/Fashola is my dream team. We shall send Jonathan packing from Aso Rock

#I-Believe
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by BlackTechnology: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
Hope2015!!!!! Buhari/Fashola is my dream team. We shall send Jonathan packing from Aso Rock

#I-Believe

It is not far

Very soon you guys will know that even Buhari knows about your plan to kill him and replace him with your SW son.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
BlackTechnology:

It is not far

Very soon you guys will know that even Buhari knows about your plan to kill him and replace him with your SW son.
Na you wan kill am? GuÝ wake up jare
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by BlackTechnology: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
barcanista:
Na you wan kill am? GuÝ wake up jare

We know una game plan to kill Buhari and replaced him with your SW son.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Jesusloveyou: 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Descartes:
Political Suicide grin
for saTANiod.this wil send them packing.
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by nigerianvenom(m): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Some people's dream reminds me of sani abacha's vision 2010
Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by Jesusloveyou: 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
argon500:

if buhari did not get it.kwakwaso is better than tambuwa

1 Like

Re: Buhari/Fashola Ticket Will Be Reminiscent Of MKO/Kingibe (SDP;1993) by LRNZH(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
argon500:

Tambuwal still needs more training an testing.
Let him go and perform as governor of Sokoto State first.

We don't advise a repeat of Yar'adua/GEJ an unknown, untested and incompetent combination.

By the way even if Buhari dies in power (God forbid), Fashola is capable of taking charge.

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari's Words Were Twisted And Falsified By A Journalist / We Will Rather Hand Over Power To The Millitary Rather Than Buhari - PDP / Esan People Of Edo State Will Not Vote For General M. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.