Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators (18623 Views)

Breaking: Lagos State House Of Assembly Approve Jonathan's Impeachment / S.E.D.A. Flays Jonathan Over Second Niger Bridge, Says It Is Mere Lip Service! / Jonathan’s Fight Against Corruption Is Mere Talk, Says United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by ceo4eva: 6:04am On Dec 01, 2014
As the impeachment threat in the Senate against President Goodluck Jonathan gains momentum some senators have described the threat as a mere rumour.

It would be recalled that last week, 63 senators with some members of the House of Representatives (reportedly 200) appended their signatures to an impeachment notice for President Jonathan.

LEADERSHIP recalls that last week chairman Senate Committee on Media and senate spokesman, Enyinnaya Abaribe reacting to the impeachment threat described it “as rumour and figment of imagination of those concocting it which would not be dignified with any further reactions”.

However some lawmakers have debunked the impeachment threat adding that they heard about it in the media and not from the Senate or from individual senators.

Minority whip of the Senate, Ganiyu Solomon (APC Lagos West) said he never heard anything like that either from the Senate or from any senator .

According to him, “Honestly, I have been in Lagos for quite some time but I have not heard anything like that neither did anybody speak to me about it. But I will be in Abuja on Monday (today), maybe we can see so that I find out if there is anything like that”.

Similarly, Senator Barnabas Gemade, (PDP Benue North East) denied having knowledge of the impeachment plot saying “I am in my home in Benue, and I don’t want to comment on what I don’t know anything about. I am not aware and nobody has met me on the issue you raised. But you can meet Abaribe because he is the spokesman of the Senate”.

Ditto for Senator Joshua Dariye (PDP, Plateau Central) who simply said “I don’t know anything about that; I am not aware of any such plot”.

However, an APC senator from the North East who spoke on condition of anonymity stated that the plot or the rumour emanated from an aggrieved PDP high ranking senator in the Senate over the issue of automatic ticket allegedly denied him and others by the party.

He said the prayers of the APC senators is that the rumour should turn out to be true in form of real plot this week, so as to teach Jonathan the lesson of his life by making him to be the first president that would be booted out.

“They the PDP Senators especially a highly ranking one among them , started this rumour about possible impeachment plot against Jonathan two weeks ago over their party wahala which we in the APC initially felt does not concern us, but since they continued last week, we have also shown interest after all, the person the plot is against , is someone that has committed series of impeachment offences,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/392351/impeachment-threat-jonathan-mere-rumour-senators

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Princess2be(f): 6:20am On Dec 01, 2014
I never trusted all these APC media houses.
They work to please their pay Masters.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by GboyegaD(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2014
Inconsistency in our news makes it difficult to know what to believe. There was an article in the print media that they would serve him the notice on December 3 and now this one says nothing of such. The media is also one of the major issues in our country.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by lirusehn(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2014

i neva believed them undecided

i hate APC sad

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by omenka(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Rumour by the media when names have been mentioned

I don't think ANY Nigerian president can be impeached due to the fact that the constitution itself has made that impossible given the procedure required. But that aside, this dudes should spare us the hogwash about the media being behind the "rumour".

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Ilekokonit: 6:30am On Dec 01, 2014
These people just dey use us play draft.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by ceo4eva: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2014
Ilekokonit:
These people just dey use us play draft.
I dey tell u... No be small play..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by dunkem21(m): 6:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Another Propaganda Countered (APC)

Meanwhile, why is the APC scared of going to the polls?

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by JECBOSS: 6:56am On Dec 01, 2014
dunkem21:
Another Propaganda Countered (APC)

Meanwhile, why is the APC scared of going to the polls?
APC and Propaganda are twins. They just seek for Selfish attention.

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by RockMaxi: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2014
Whether it was true or mere rumour, I knew all along it was another joke from all those politicians just to earn their December bonus.... grin

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by ceo4eva: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2014
RockMaxi:
Whether it was true or mere rumour, I knew all along it was another joke from all those politicians just to earn their December bonus.... grin

Lol
The few aggrieved ones are only looking for automatic tickets...
Everybody dey fight for him own pocket

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Caseless: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2014
We dont want him impeached, we want him voted out next year.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by justi4jesu(f): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2014
Who doesnt know?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 01, 2014
yes Na.. it must b a rumor.. if you want Jonathan out then vote him out if you can.. But if u impeach him, trust me, even you too won't have a job as a senator of the federal republic cos there won't b a Nigeria for u to rule...

I hate politics

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Prodeegee(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Adyrin(m): 8:01am On Dec 01, 2014
Tell dem Ooº°

GEJA till global warming takes Ooº°'er the world.........A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!!

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Nmeri17: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2014
hian!! So how do we know this one ain't another media prank

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Adyrin(m): 8:02am On Dec 01, 2014
Caseless:
We dont want him impeached, we want him voted out next year.
U̶̲̥̅̊ need help

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by shadelek(m): 8:03am On Dec 01, 2014
It has always been a rumour from the start. How can you proposed an impeachment against my able and action GCFR? It will never work lai lai. The man has just started. Jonathan till 2019

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Adyrin(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Nmeri17:
hian!! So how do we know this one ain't another media prank
Consult Your village chiefs

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by englishmart(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2014
rumour or no rumour, pranks or no pranks.
GEJ till 2015 Kowei!
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by flipboss(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2014
OK o
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by holatin(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
If he can't be impeach atleat he can be voted out.
Enjoy while it last Uncle ebele Jonathan
2015 is knocking- can you hear dat
HAPPY NEW WEEK MR PRESIDENT
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by davdandam(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Proud member Nairaland. .....space booking is actually one of the core courses I studied while in France. Sips coffee grin
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Larryupsy: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
These senators were just living in self denial, The fact that the impeachement is not feasible doesn't warrant them to feign Ignorance.Like the APC senator said,the PDP senators started it as a result of Jonathan giving the Governors a monopolistic political power and fortunately with recent developments their APC colleagues also got interested. So why the denial? Nigerian Senators lying since 1960.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
we all know

let them keep dreaming..

2015 go sweet die..

Meanwhile the lady below me, what's she looking for in her bag? No t.p??
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by MizMyColi(f): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Speaking from a non-partisan point of view, I really don't see GEJ leaving Aso rock until 2019 is over.

I'm indifferent though.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by okpismart: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
whether true or not they can never succeed.
Here is another one

Impeachment Plan: 63 Anti-Jonathan senators meet today
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/1793-impeachment-plan-63-anti-jonathan-senators-meet-today
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by holyboss: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Ok

Next
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2014
I smell money in Ghana must go!
Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by papoose321: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Imagine dis bloody senators sit down 4 ther papa house dey collect sitting allowance of millions and dem still no no say ther fellow thifs wan impeach Ali baba

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's impeachment is mere rumour and figment of imagination - Senators by phatfarmo: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2014
yinmu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hon. Gbajabimila & Hon. Wase Agrees To Run Together As Speaker And Deputy / Ogun Assembly Reverses Ex Govt Activities. / 500 Ghost Projects Approved For NDDC In 2019 Budget - Kemebradikumo Pondei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.