Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:18 AM

A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam (2177 Views)

Indorama Eleme Petrochemical Job Offer: Scam Or Real??? / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Novotel Offer Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello guys,

I had an uneventful past week, so I decided to flow along with a supposed advert from YMCA, Canada that hit my mail somehow. I will post screenshots of the relevant conversation and follow up from my mail shortly.

Probably the moderators should help spread the word because I know that desperation may make some youths blinded to the obvious flaws!

First the supposed advertisement

2 Shares

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2014
I replied that mail & the next I got was a list of positions available & their supposed salaries. I told them that I'm a dental practitioner & I could find nothing relating to my field.

I got no response, so I went ahead and applied as a driver wink

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2014
Next up after my application was a request for CV, which I promptly attached

& bingo, I was offered a job as a driver with benefits that would make Lucifer himself grin

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2014
grin grin grin oh well the Lord is good, right!

I signed the offer letter & sent back to them, then I got more forms to fill

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2014
Then came the referral I have been expecting, of course visa process should require more than one office eh?

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2014
I made contact with the new link of course smiley

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2014
...and they confirmed there's a female accomplice somewhere in Cape Verde, or is she just a one-man riot? Well, you can notice she's better polished in her tenses tho

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2014
Desperation set in, and I was persuaded by the main man to pay up grin grin grin

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by SailorXY: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2014
Well, there's no way other way to prolong discussions so I had to let them swim. I had considered asking the employer to send me CA$387 so that i can pay up & balance him when i resume duty in Canada cheesy cheesy cheesy they were amateurish anyway angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by Leyqute(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
Op, you spoz dribble them well well. grin grin

Dumb people want to scam. IMAGINE!

comment to first

2 Likes

Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by Tval(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Foolish scammers grin grin
Re: A Supposed Immigration/job Offer Scam by ChristineC: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
HaHaHa

Amateurish indeed! someone may yet fall for it, especially an eager I-must-travel guy

(1) (Reply)

Jobs At Forte Oil Plc / Cv/résumé Writing / Npower: He Applied For Npower Tech(hardware) But Got Invite For Tommorow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.