Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. (1096 Views)

How Do I Verify My Blog On Addynamo.com / Cheap Hand To Hand Laptop,pls Drop D Prize And Type / How Do I Get Bandwidth Via SAT-3? (NITEL Wholesale Internet Services) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. by zazzy(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2006
I waz told dat im in a shared bandwidth with 9 other users but my network is terribly slow.Im doubting d credibility of the my ISP . how do i confirm if he is telling d truth
Re: How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. by habumaks(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2007
I run an Internet Cafe and Im also having the same problem. Experienced guyz in the House please let us know. Im also suspenting a foulplay
Re: How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. by sbucareer(f): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2007

I don't think you can do that. Since you do not have access to their router management software. However, you could measure your own bandwidth by login into your own router and looking at your Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2.226 / 8.636

Like the one above is my data from my router box. The location of this data is determined by the router make. In my router I went to broadband connection and clicked on DSL Connection.

If your kbps both up/down link is below your agreed data exchange, then it is time you contact your ISP and argue it out with them.
Re: How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. by donmayor(m): 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2007
The best and easiest way to measure ur downlink (uplink is kind of complicated explaining) is to prevent all systems on the network from browsing and use only one system to carry out probably a 4MB download with internet explorer. When the download is done, multiply the average speed the download window shows you by 8 and you have what ur isp is delivering
Re: How Do I Verify D Size And Type Of A Bandwidth. by Planner(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2007
don't think you can do that. Since you do not have access to their router management software. However, you could measure your own bandwidth by login into your own router and looking at your Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2.226 / 8.636

Sorry how do i do that? I have logged into my router and did not see anything of such. I use Linksys

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Keyboard / Need Better Isp For Commercial Purpose (cyber Cafe / How To Boost Your Laptop Battery Life !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.