Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Odd Celebrity Couples - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Odd Celebrity Couples (5658 Views)

Celebrity Couples At Toolz & Tunde's Wedding / Checkout Celebrity Couples At AMVCA Awards (photos) / 30 Celebrity Couples We Are Loving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2008
[size=3pt]I don't know why I enjoy doing this but I promise, when people start to complain, I will quit. I blame the credit crunch! grin[/size]

Celebrity odd couples

The world of celebrity is a mysterious one. And there are some strange star couples from the past and present that have left me wondering just what they saw in each other,
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
Who would have put a fading '80s popstar and a Hollywood biggie together? But apparently, back in the days when Brad was a TV star (remember his brief appearance in 'Dallas'?), he hooked up with none other than Sinitta. The relationship lasted for two years and hit the wall because Sinitta, by all accounts, was just too wild for sensible Brad.

The 'So Macho' (Sinitta) singer recalls, 'I was really young and at the peak of my career and I didn't want to sit and be romantic and eat dinner at home. I think he looked after me more than I looked after him. But I didn't want to be looked after too much. I didn't want another mother'.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2008
It really was a case of beauty marrying the beast. . . . the only thing was, he didn't turn into a prince and there wasn't a fairytale ending. The world looked on aghast as the original Pretty Woman married her unlikely match, craggy-faced country singer Lyle Lovett, who, let's face it, is no Richard Gere. But the marriage only lasted for a couple of years and the pair divorced in 1995

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by Tgirl4real(f): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2008
We understand and me no complain cool

Pls give us the latest couple now. Thanks
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley

This could have been a match made in music heaven. Unfortunately, the once-handsome Michael completely changed his looks with extensive cosmetic surgery and suffered a personality crisis after years of living in Neverland. And Lisa Marie, daughter of the King of rock 'n' roll, had serious self-esteem issues. We can't even imagine the conversations these two might have had, let alone anything else!

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2008
Dita von Teese & Marilyn Manson

As different as they both may be, put them together and they made a striking couple. Dita may dress like a '50s goddess, but she is a wild one on stage, regularly dunking herself in and out of giant martini glasses while wearing no more than a teeny-weeny bikini. An act quite different from her Manson's controversial musical musings. . . . but perhaps they bonded over middle America's condemnation of their methods of earning a living before von Teese filed for divorce late in 2006.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2008
Heather Locklear & David Spade

Ex-wife of Bon Jovi musician Richie Sambora and Mötley Crüe's Tommy Lee, actress Heather Locklear, once dubbed the 'queen of mean' due to the evil characters she portrayed, dated baby-faced comedian David Spade. Perhaps the 'Dynasty' star has had enough drama in her life and just wants someone to make her laugh,
Unsurprisingly, the couple split in May 2006.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2008
Friends of White Stripes rocker Jack White were shocked when he started a relationship with straight-laced Hollywood actress Renée Zellweger. Suddenly, he started enjoying cosy nights in - a far cry from his wild nights of partying. But it seems Jack missed his crazy benders too much and the pair split in 2004.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
Rumour once had it that Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Robbie Williams holed themselves up for days at his place, getting it on, eating, sleeping and listening to Robbie's new songs. They may come from different walks of life, but both have struggled with drug addictions and living in the glare of the paparazzi, so maybe this coupling isn't so odd after all. undecided

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2008
OK, so they weren't officially a couple, but after meeting on Michael Parkinson's talk show, Tom Cruise rang Olympic gold medallist Kelly Holmes and invited her to accompany him to the premiere of his film 'Collateral'. Sadly for Tom, the champ turned him down flat, claiming she was exhausted after all the homecoming celebrations. She did tell the superstar that she would most definitely be available next time, so maybe we should watch out for that duo on the red carpet. grin undecided

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
This must be one of the most bizarre pairings in the entire celeb kingdom. Rock groupie Courtney Love, who was married to Kurt Cobain, had a two-week fling and allegedly got pregnant by Steve Coogan.
Courtney now appears to regret this little affair: 'Given the A-grade stars I've dated, it's embarrassing. I mean, Alan Partridge!'

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2008
Tom Cruise's relationship with Katie Holmes has courted massive controversy from day one. Who would have paired the cute ex-'Dawson's Creek' actress with the household Hollywood name and devout Scientologist Tom Cruise? Not least because of their 16-year age gap.
Rumours were rife that it was a publicity stunt. If it was, it hardly worked in their favour, as the relationship marked a downfall in Cruise's career as he continually embarrassed himself, publicly declaring his love for Holmes. Since then, fans have campaigned to 'Free Katie' from the relationship, while others are more concerned her wardrobe has prematurely aged since their romance began. Despite this, they're still going strong - within three years the couple were engaged, married and have had their first child together.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by KarmaMod(f): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2008
Who would have put a fading '80s popstar and a Hollywood biggie together? But apparently, back in the days when Brad was a TV star (remember his brief appearance in 'Dallas'?), he hooked up with none other than Sinitta. The relationship lasted for two years and hit the wall because Sinitta, by all accounts, was just too wild for sensible Brad

Man if I knew Pitt was into chocolate, i would have taken a chance tongue

Seriously I wish those two had a kid.
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by KarmaMod(f): 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2008
Definitely agree with Julie and Lyle lovitts

where's Mariah & Nick Cannon?
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2008
As a good example of beauty being in the eye of the beholder, the couple are still going strong and have no less than three children together. undecided

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by iice(f): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2008
Brad also went out with Robin (Mike Tyson's ex)

Hehehehe Dita and Marilyn grin grin
Rachel is morphing into Dita undecided
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
Perhaps the most unlikely pairing in celebdom at the moment: pint-sized pop jazz sensation Jamie Cullum and fashionista Sophie Dahl began dating after meeting at the Lavender Trust Ball earlier this year.

Even the 8in height difference doesn't seem to be deterring Jamie from beaming at his lanky lady-love.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2008
Canadian warbler Celine Dion opted for a man 26 years older than her when she wed in 1994. The fact that her hubby René Angelil was also her manager and re-mortgaged his home to finance her first record probably helped her over the hurdle of an age difference.
Family gatherings must be a relaxing affair, as René's oldest son from his first marriage is the same age as Celine. cheesy

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
The sartorially challenged Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton - who are expecting a sibling for their three-year-old son, Billy Raymond, in December - boast an unusual living arrangement: they share two London houses with interconnecting doors, to allow them their own space.

I like these two sha! grin

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by iice(f): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
awww one of my favorite couples kiss
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by KarmaMod(f): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2008
Lo, they[re not odd at all. They fit each other. Bet they give the other hair/fashion tips tongue
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
They are odd to others but I bet when they first met, they were drawn to each other like a moth to a flame! cheesy

Iice, I knew you would like them. You weird woman! angry

tongue
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by iice(f): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2008
Yeah odd to others but perfect for each other cheesy

More please grin

Like Howard Stern and his wife

Or Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley

tongue
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2008
LOL! Yea, they are like the ADDAMS family! cheesy

Ok. . . more to come. wink
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2008
Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn .

Actress Mia Farrow discovered partner Woody Allen's affair with her adopted daughter when she found nude photographs he had taken of Soon-Yi. Although they're now married, it's still quite weird. undecided lipsrsealed

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by KarmaMod(f): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
weird abi sick?

surprised they're still together though.

then again im not. asians hardly leave marriages
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by iice(f): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2008
Yeah. . .this one was just lipsrsealed
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2008
Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall

This relationship was doomed to end in tragedy. Anna Nicole married the 89-year-old wheelchair-bound billionaire in 1994. But he died in 1995. Anna Nicole was still contesting his will when she passed away. Oh! True love! undecided

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by SeanT21(f): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2008
Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey.

How the hell did this happen!!
Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2008
Sean Penn and Madonna

The intensely private actor and the not-exactly-publicity-shy Material Girl met while Madonna was shooting a video. To everyone's surprise, they dated and got married, but their romance was doomed.

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2008
David Gest and Liza Minneli

Is it just me or do these two look absolutely weird individually and as a couple? They look like they were carved of of some really messed up material. It is ok to age gracefully sha. . . undecided

Re: Odd Celebrity Couples by spikedcylinder: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson

Yes, the star of superlative TV sitcom Cheers was with Whoopi Goldberg; feel free to pick up your jaw when you're ready. tongue

They made a film together which featured Will Smith.

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Artists Really Cant Sing! / Actress Angela Okorie Joins The Trend: A No Makeup Pic And A Booty Shot / Flavour’s Babymamas, Sandra Okagbue, Anna Banner At War Again (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.