Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Would You Succumb To Blackmail? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Succumb To Blackmail? (2165 Views)

Emotional Blackmail In Relationships: A Necessary Evil? / What Would U Do If Ur Parents Are Against Ur Partner, Elope Or Succumb? / Why Do Women Expect Men To Make Decisions They Are Not Ready To Succumb To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2008
O.k here's the deal:like every1 else,i've done things,things i'm not proud of,but that was a long tym ago,and i've turned my life around. The thing is,a couple of weeks back,i ran into som1 who knew me back then,and lets just say i hung wit some very unsavoury characters. Long story short,he's tryin to blackmail me. I've always said that i wld neva succumb 2 blackmail,but now i'm wondering whether to just give him the moni and get it over with.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by iice(f): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2008
Hence why certain things you know that can come to light should first be illuminated by you.

No i wouldn't.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by sistajay(f): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
I would never give in to a blackmail.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by danielaolu(f): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2008
Neva give up
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Akinagirl(f): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2008
Don't give into blackmail, no one needs that kind of control over your life.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by ima1(f): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2008
once you give in, he will always come back. n the blackmail will never go away, better to get things out in the open n get it over with
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2008
Coming clean wit my secrets wld require my telling him abt a part of me he has no idea even existed. How can i even do that? The guy who's trying to blackmail me seems to be a decent sort. It's not that much money to me and it seems like a very good option rite now.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Sauron1: 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
Don_Ese125:

O.k here's the deal:like everyone else,i've done things,things i'm not proud of,but that was a long time ago,and i've turned my life around. The thing is,a couple of weeks back,i ran into som1 who knew me back then,and lets just say i hung wit some very unsavoury characters. Long story short,he's tryin to blackmail me. I've always said that i would never succumb 2 blackmail,but now i'm wondering whether to just give him the moni and get it over with.

The best thing is to kill him. grin
He would always come back if he stays alive.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2008
s a u r o n
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by ima1(f): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2008
well you can always tell him wat he wants to hear so he will leave u alone, if he doesn't know all of your bad side. so what he prolly knows would not do much harm.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2008
Ima,it's like u're not getting me. My would-be blackmailer knew me way back when i was doing all that shit. Tek(my guy)doesnt knw abt dat part of me,and if he did,it would really hurt him,and by extension,us. My would-be blackmailer is asking for a fee(which seems small to me)to keep his lips sealed.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
If u think d money is small and like u said earlier, u dn't think he is a stalker for money then give him
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2008
Sauron! Jeez! O fe pa mi or what? Trust me,i dont want to add murder to my list of sins. Its already long enough.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Sauron1: 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
Tgirl4real:

s a u r o n

What??

Don_Ese125:

Sauron! Jeez! O fe pa mi or what? Trust me,i don't want to add murder to my list of sins. Its already long enough.

One sin is not bigger than the other.
A liar and a murderer would all go to HELL. grin
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by A40(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2008
If it happened i would be scheming ways of raining bullets on the bloodclot.Giving up is not even an option it depends on how grievous the secret is
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2008
@A-40,it's grievous alright. And sauron,sins differ in intensity and punishment. Ah God,this shit is eating me up.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by HRhotness(f): 12:00am On Dec 02, 2008
iice:

[b]Hence why certain things you know that can come to light should first be illuminated by you.[/b]No i wouldn't.

I agree!

Only pple with secrets can be blackmailed. . . if u keep no secrets and own up to whatever horrible things u've done, u take away d ammunition.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 12:23am On Dec 02, 2008
@Hr.Hotness,so what am i supposd to do? Walk up to him and say oh hey love,did u know i . . . ? And just to clarify things,i didnt keep a secret from him,i just didnt tell him.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by A40(m): 1:51am On Dec 02, 2008
Don_Ese125:

@A-40,it's grievous alright. And sauron,sins differ in intensity and punishment. Ah God,this shit is eating me up.
Wait are you a guy or a lady? Is this something that could break a relationship or put you in jail?
The fee is small which leaves more room for him to come back and ask for more he is not just black-mailing but planning on extortion too! don't fall for it
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by HRhotness(f): 2:14am On Dec 02, 2008
Don_Ese125:

@Hr.Hotness,so what am i supposd to do? Walk up to him and say oh hey love,did u know i . . . ? And just to clarify things,i didnt keep a secret from him,i just didnt tell him.

not telling is keeping a secret. . . no matter how u choose to dress it up, its still d same thing.

consider  a scenario where he finds out about ur sordid past frm somewhere else outside this blackmail (ther is absolutely nothi that is hidden under d sun), do u think he'd ever forgive u. . . compare this to a situation where u come clean, he'll appreciate d fact that u came to him urself. . . if he really loves u, he'll forgive u. . . it might take a while for him to get over but he will.

u'll sleep better at night knowing u hav hidden nuthin, nuthin anyone can use against u. . . and he believ it or not, in due time he will trust u more knwing he has all d details of ur sordid past esp as u told him yourself.

as long as u r not tellin, ther is always a danger of him finding out anyways. . . plus if u give this guy d money now, u hav no guarantee he wont keep comin back for more or he wont spill d beans anyways
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by KarmaMod(f): 2:19am On Dec 02, 2008
might seem like a small fee now, then he'll continue coming back for more and the price will get higher. Might even get physical

Tell your dude now and get it over with. Then if the other dude tries any BS, at leats your dude would have already know and he'll end up looking stupid.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2008
A-40,i'm a gal. Yes,this cld break our r/shp,but i wont go to jail,not a second time for the same crime. I've paid my dues.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2008
Blackmail is a crime and punishable under the Law. . . Report to the Police and the Hunter becomes Haunted! wink
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Babynic: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
if u dont mind me askin, wat exactly did u do

sorry im just curious,

However, i tink u sud bone and tel ur partner, if he rily loves u, he'll stay,
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by iice(f): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2008
When you know the relationship is heading towards serious, you should bring your ish to the light.
HR is right. What if he finds out from someone else aside from the blackmailer? undecided Even if you shush the blackmailer up, and it comes out regardless and he finds out about the blackmailer on top of all that? undecided
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by Ben13: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Sauron~:

One sin is not bigger than the other.
A liar and a murderer would all go to HELL. grin

this babe no go kill me grin
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2008
I'm not reporting this to the cops. Besides,i dont tink naija cops can do anything. I'm sure some of them dont even know what blackmail is. I think i've made a decision. I've been thinking about it all day. Its like som1 said,you cant keep running away from your own shadow. I'm so tired of this. I'm so damn tired. Tek and i are having dinner tonight. It's as good a time as any. I think i subconcsiously knew i was gonna have to tell him,i was just waiting for the perfect time to say it,only there's never a perfect time to say shit like that. I know what i have to do. Whatever will be,will be.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by iice(f): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2008
I hope it works out for you.
Goodluck
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2008
Thank-you. I dont think it'll work out for me. It never does. Like a lot of stuff in my life,i blew this. It's like i'm cursed or something.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by iice(f): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2008
Don't get down on yourself. Think of it as doing the right thing albeit late but better late and never when it might become worse. Just get through this first, then work on getting him to give you a chance to prove yourself undecided or giving you guys (your relationship) a chance to survive.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by DonEse125(f): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2008
Dinner,and a big part of my life is officialy over. I told you it wouldnt work out,didnt i? Its a good thing i'm not a drinking person.
Re: Would You Succumb To Blackmail? by KarmaMod(f): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2008
what happened undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will I Ever Get To Meet The Kind Of Man I Need? / Why Are Most Reputable & Successful Nigerian Men Married To Ugly Women? / Cyber Bullying In Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.