Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos (404077 Views)

See Bend Down Market Like Idumota Market In The Streets Of London / Ajah Market, Lagos Is On Fire (Photo) / Buying Stuff From Alibaba.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
udysweet:

grin
Noo. But I did work there after my OND when others were doing IT, lol. So I know a bit of the island

That's nice to hear. I guess your IT paid off. But you live on the island, right?
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by udysweet(f): 2:52am On Oct 19, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:

That's nice to hear. I guess your IT paid off. But you live on the island, right?
that's some, 10yrs ago. It did o Cos I was earning a salary tho small but better than nothing
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
udysweet:
that's some, 10yrs ago. It did o Cos I was earning a salary tho small but better than nothing

Cool. Well done.
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by mekd: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:

Idumota is d main point where all stuffs produced in commercial cities in nigeria; lagos, onitcha, abah etc are sold in wholesale and retail quantities to d final consumers who come from far and wide and other african countires.

Marina is d stretch of road dat starts frm 1st bank head office to uba head office.

Tinubu idumota is d mouth of idumota where u have d tinubu square dat has lovely fountains and biutifull ambience. Also d cbn axis is part of tinubu and some neighbouring structures.

Mandillas is d complex where ibo boys sell baffs; jeans, shirt, shoes and in fact anythin baffs (wears).

Af i tried?
op is it made in nigeria wares alone they sell in mandillas or both imported wares are sold there too..thanks

2 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
mekd:
op is it made in nigeria wares alone they sell in mandillas or both imported wares are sold there too..thanks

They sell both at Mandillas. If you go into the complex, go upstairs and ask where they sell wholesale wears. but they are expensive because it's foreign. You could get a pair of very nice jeans for 3, 4 to 5 k .
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
udysweet:
Idumota is one part,you hav apongbon,balogun and the rest. Depending on what you're buying. Idumota is just like a general name for one part of it,there's dosunmu,idumagbo for those whoo wants to buy wristwatches in bulk,oluwole is der too leading to mandilas were u can buy wears also to broad street for suits and the rest,evn tinubu square.D dosunmu deals on baby items,jewelry(used to go there and buy chains,earrings pendants and other items I sold when I was in school),watches,electronics,female items like bra,pants,nighties etals(there's a corner called"whoro pedro)then boxer,singlets,hankies and a whole lot. Idumota is also hub for movie marketer(all the movies you need are sold mostly from there)likes of ebinpejo lane,nnamdi azikwe road etc.For those who wants to buy provisioons,head to oke arin,all d way down(u can assess it coming frm apongbon too)balogun deals wit ankara george lace(idumota sells too) wrapper ,female dresses shoes and one or two other item. The other side covers cosmetics and weavons and a few other tins. For those who wants to sell slippers,rubber and fancy ones plus a few others,jus before you descend to were is called "eyin eyo" by the foot bridge to the right,dats their depot. So lagos island as a whole,stocks all,so long you know were you're going,lol!
Tradefair is there too,I don't really knw there much I only go to were I buy my beading items and cosmetics. Its very vast so one needs to knw were one is goin to get directions else u go lost,lol! And did I forget,there's ebute ero for all d tin tomatoes,spag,veg oil and the rest,then there's holloway and one other place if u need pots,plate,cups and household items.
Phew that was an epistle! Did I miss out anytin?if I did its because I'm human and not God so I can't know everytin ,lol

Chai. I want to hug you!! You're a Godsend. So if I want to get costume jewelry in bulk I should just go to Dosunmu straight abi?

2 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by udysweet(f): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
grin
Thanks dear. Yes but I'll advise if you can go to tradefair now,its better. There is an entrace called GL gate. From there inside u can ask pple t show u shops were u can buy jewelries including costume types,for lagos island dos shops hav changed o,some places hav been rebuilt,relocating the former occupants. Like wen I went to chechk for neck chains for a friend I cldnt locate the place again,lol! They had pulled dwn d old building and built a bigger one but d occupant had left and new pple came in
RaphaellaDD:

Chai. I want to hug you!! You're a Godsend. So if I want to get costume jewelry in bulk I should just go to Dosunmu straight abi?

8 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by willyede(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Please where in idumata is the best place for me to buy female pants, bra,carmesol,stomack fiddle,female tight.?
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
udysweet:
grin
Thanks dear. Yes but I'll advise if you can go to tradefair now,its better. There is an entrace called GL gate. From there inside u can ask pple t show u shops were u can buy jewelries including costume types,for lagos island dos shops hav changed o,some places hav been rebuilt,relocating the former occupants. Like wen I went to chechk for neck chains for a friend I cldnt locate the place again,lol! They had pulled dwn d old building and built a bigger one but d occupant had left and new pple came in
Thank you so much!! I'm in PH now and won't be able to travel till January, so I probably won't meet up with the trade fair.
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by synclaire: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2016
RaphaellaDD:

Thank you so much!! I'm in PH now and won't be able to travel till January, so I probably won't meet up with the trade fair.
Its not d normal tradefair dat used 2 be held once a year, its just d complex where it used 2 hold b4. If you are coming from iyana-iba or mile 2, just enta a bus going 2 auto-parts, drop at GL gate. Once u enta thru dat gate u start seeing jwellries. Dere are particular places dey sell at cheaper prices sha. And dey open evryday

5 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2016
synclaire:
Its not d normal tradefair dat used 2 be held once a year, its just d complex where it used 2 hold b4. If you are coming from iyana-iba or mile 2, just enta a bus going 2 auto-parts, drop at GL gate. Once u enta thru dat gate u start seeing jwellries. Dere are particular places dey sell at cheaper prices sha. And dey open evryday
Oh! I can't thank you enough!!! God bless you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by synclaire: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
RaphaellaDD:
You are most welcome
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by udysweet(f): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2016
Ok I was gonna reply wen I saw the mention but thanks for helping me clarify it for her,hugs!
synclaire:
RaphaellaDD:

There you have it,someone has explained a bit better for you,hope u get the clearer pic now? Sory for confusing u abt the tradefair tot u live in lag and knw wat I meant wen I mentioned it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by geniuspro: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
Udysweet,

You are such a helpful creature.

Thanks for the things you do!

2 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by willyede(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
willyede:
Please where in idumata is the best place for me to buy female pants, bra,carmesol,stomack fiddle,female tight.?
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by udysweet(f): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
geniuspro:
Udysweet,

You are such a helpful creature.

Thanks for the things you do!
You're very welcome but erm...... It seems you know about me maybe from here or outside from ur comment,lol! But hey I'd rather be found doin good helping others than by doing bad,wat do u tink? Lol! Thanks somuch for your kind words,gracias!

7 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by Alexyem(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
pls were can I get Ghana must go bag in dozen and babies wear in dozenspls were can I get Ghana must go bag in dozen and babies wear in dozenspls were can I get Ghana must go bag in dozen and babies wear in dozens
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by hucienda: 7:06am On Jan 02, 2017
From 1 Dec 2014 to 1 Jan 2017 on front page.

What a journey.

1 Like

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by Orpe7(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2017
StoneColdBiceps:
So you loved Idumota market and you loved to shop stuffs at idumota market? Ok....
Dat stuffs u tink u bought cheap on d street or shops along Nnamdi Azikiwe street and other outer part of Idumota market, so you think u got it for cheap!? Ok...

I've bought packs of singlets, body cream, cologn/perfume always on d outside till my babe told me to go inner shops, and wolla dey are almost half d prices i bought on d outside street shops of the market!

So, This are the secret of buying relatively cheap at idumota market specially if ur a newbie in d market...

Any stuff u buy along the road on d outside of d main idumota market is uhhhh, ohhhh, hmmmm cheap! But if u go a little further inside d marker dat same stuff u but on d outer marker is relatively cheaper wit like maybe #300 difference!...and if u decided to go a little more further into d market u'll get dat stuff dats relatively cheaper by #300 for #400 cheapie*. Then if u go a little bit bit more more further u'll get d same stuff #400/#500 cheapie cheapie*. Thats according to d stuff ur buying.

Now you know!

Further down u go until u get mugged grin

12 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by nwosu35: 7:08am On Jan 02, 2017
StoneColdBiceps:
So you loved Idumota market and you loved to shop stuffs at idumota market? Ok....
Dat stuffs u tink u bought cheap on d street or shops along Nnamdi Azikiwe street and other outer part of Idumota market, so you think u got it for cheap!? Ok...

I've bought packs of singlets, body cream, cologn/perfume always on d outside till my babe told me to go inner shops, and wolla dey are almost half d prices i bought on d outside street shops of the market!

So, This are the secret of buying relatively cheap at idumota market specially if ur a newbie in d market...

Any stuff u buy along the road on d outside of d main idumota market is uhhhh, ohhhh, hmmmm cheap! But if u go a little further inside d marker dat same stuff u but on d outer marker is relatively cheaper wit like maybe #300 difference!...and if u decided to go a little more further into d market u'll get dat stuff dats relatively cheaper by #300 for #400 cheapie*. Then if u go a little bit bit more more further u'll get d same stuff #400/#500 cheapie cheapie*. Thats according to d stuff ur buying.

Now you know!

Am sure u own a shop inside the market. . . Because this is a strategic advertising.
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by twinskenny(m): 7:10am On Jan 02, 2017
StoneColdBiceps:

Now you know!

Parking space is the issue
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2017
Cool. smiley
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by lifestyle1(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2017
Since 2014 just making FP in 2017.

Well if you need help in advertising your products contact me.

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by alsudaes1(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2017
ndcide:

well then

How do I get to the main idumota the @op is referring to

My take is that hope the going deeper and deeper and deeper will not lead to a 'sorry case'

1 Like

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by mtngloetiartel: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2017
udysweet:

grin
Noo. But I did work there after my OND when others were doing IT, lol. So I know a bit of the island
eya!
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by ajepako(f): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2017
StoneColdBiceps:

Now you know!

ldunmota is simply for shoppers who are not familair with Lagos lsland markets or shoppers who are in a hurry to just buy and catch the next bus home..

But for ldunmota born and bred Ajepako like me...shopping in Lagos lsland and buying loju dozen is a piece of cake..

Now here are places on the lsland for items and the locations of the sellers in large quantities..

Jewelry and accessories:..Dosunmu Obun Eko.....Ago Tower...axis (not even Balogun)

Wigs..weaveon..........bankole axis of Balogun market..

Kitchenware...Doherty...Ereko...and Ebute Ero..Gorodom..Holloway street

Cosmetics...Balogun and Pedro axis of Dosunmu..

Lace Material...Just go to Moshalasi Jimoh which seems to have dethroned Quaters (But ldunmota is also good for lace also John Street and Saudi..

For travelling bags and stuff...just go to the Nnamdi Azikwe axis bordering Martins Street with LSDPC and old Eko lnternational Bank..

Ankara...forget it...too much in balogun..

Shoes and bag...just concentrate on Gbajumo street axix of Balogun

Underwears...Dosunmu or Saba Street behind Great Nigeria House on Martin Street..

You want men suits..shoes and belts....then migrate to Mandilas axis of lagos lsland..

You want ladies dresses....start from Martins street....balogun...breadfruits..davies street..

Rubber sandals and slippers...Bridge street ..Onisemo...axis of ldunmota

Beaverages..wines and drinks...Start from Ereko..Alhaji lssa Williamms street and Apogbon axis of Lagos lsland..

Made-in-Nigeria shoes and bags...just go to Abe bridge eko bridge...

Finally for everything cheap and gbajo..gbanjo..gbanjo...it's ldunmota..

ldunmota and Lagos lsland is shoppers delight if you know your way..

64 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by alsudaes1(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2017
udysweet:
Idumota is one part,you hav apongbon,balogun and the rest. Depending on what you're buying.
Phew that was an epistle! Did I miss out anytin?if I did its because I'm human and not God so I can't know everytin ,lol

Chai!!!

That Central Mosque area too, where cloth materials are sold. . .

You just literally REFRESHED my memory w.r.t. that place after so many years.

Your description and knowledge about "Eko Idumota" generally is awesome

4 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by Dynamite02: 7:33am On Jan 02, 2017
Na true u talk op eg. if you want to buy jewellery Breadfruit street is the wrong place, find your way to Docemu...there's this street after docemu,can't remember the name where they sell designer glasses(repplica sha) you need to see guys buy them in bulk for 4'k/ 5'k then they'll display them in show glass and start selling for 20k n above

2 Likes

Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by Shakitibob0: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2017
RaphaellaDD:

if it is costume jewelries you want to do,it is better for you to get them at the trade fair international market
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by duroc(m): 7:47am On Jan 02, 2017
ajepako:

ldunmota is simply for shoopers who are not familair with Lagos lsland markets or shoppers who are in a hurry to just buy and catch the next bus home..

But for ldunmota born and bred Ajepako like me...shopping in Lagos lsland a bi nd buying loju dozen is a piece of cake..

Now here are places on the lsland for items and the locations of the sellers in large quantities..

Jewelry and accessories:..Dosunmu Obun Eko.....Ago Tower...axis (not even Balogun)

Kitchenware...Doherty...Ereko...and Ebute Ero..

Lace Material...Just go to Moshalasi Jimoh which seems to have dethroned Quaters (But ldunmota is also good for lace also John Street and Saudi..

For travelling bags and stuff...just go to the Nnamdi Azikwe axis bothering Martins Street with LSDPC and old Eko lnternational Bank..

Underwears...Dosunmu or Saba Street behind Great Nigeria House on Martin Street..

You want men suits..shoes and belts....then migrate to Mandilas axis of lagos lsland..

You want ladies dresses....start from Martins street....balogun...breadfruits..davies street..

Beaverages..wines and drinks...Start from Ereko..Alhaji lssa Williamms street and Apogbon axis of Lagos lsland..

ldunmota andbLagos lsland is shoppers delight if you know your way..

Pls how do i contact you
Re: Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos by willyede(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2017
ajepako:

ldunmota is simply for shoopers who are not familair with Lagos lsland markets or shoppers who are in a hurry to just buy and catch the next bus home..

But for ldunmota born and bred Ajepako like me...shopping in Lagos lsland and buying loju dozen is a piece of cake..

Kitchenware...Doherty...Ereko...and Ebute Ero..

For travelling bags and stuff...just go to the Nnamdi Azikwe axis bothering Martins Street with LSDPC and old Eko lnternational Bank..

ldunmota andbLagos lsland is shoppers delight if you know your way..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.