Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season (27020 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Top 10 Places To Visit In Lagos This Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Lagos is a very interesting city. It is full of fun and excitement.
This is December and we all need to relax and take a break. Lots of businesses will go on break and there will be a need tl visit some fun places.
I have been in Lagos virtually all my life and trust me i have been round town.
I will suggest a few nive places for you. The good thing about Lagos is there is an ideal spot for every body irrespecitive of your budget.

1. Tarkwa Bay. This is an island in Lagos accessible by boat. Boats of various sizes are available in Cms and tarzan jetty to take you on a ride to takwa bay. A typical ride from cms to takwa bay takes about 20minutes. It is nice and fun. It is a serene environment sparsely populated with friendly residents some of whom are fishermen.
It is an ideal get away spot within Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by pweshex(m): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
yeah. Lagos has alotta cool places to visit .... a lot !!!

chineke .... FTC
okay, I dedicate this achievement to my ex, if u hadn't have left me, I woudnt gave made it in life.

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 12:10am On Dec 02, 2014
Yes o. Lagos is fun. More places coming soon

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 12:26am On Dec 02, 2014
2. Lekki Leisure Lake. This is a nice destination overlooking the Atlantic ocean around the Lekki Penninsula axis. It is about 5minutes drive from the Lekki toll gate accessible from the 2nd round about.
It is managed by a private company based in Lagos.
The lake is host to thrilling aquatic attractions lik jet skiing and so on. It is fun, nice and secure.
For more info visit; www.lekkileisurelake.com

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 12:51am On Dec 02, 2014
3. Freedom Park. This is a real monument and historical site.
The new FREEDOM PARK Lagos, formerly Old Broad Street Prison; (a colonial instrument of control and oppression) is now a peaceful place for individual and collective contemplation and interaction.
Dedicated to our Heroes past….
Description
Freedom Park is a Memorial and Leisure Park dedicated to the preserving the Lagos colonial heritage and history of the Old Board Street prison.
The park provides venues and the grounds for events and recreational entertainment,with relevant facilities like :• Open Air Stage
• Amphi-theatre
• Pergola Cell (internet booths)
• Skeletal Cells
• Food Court:
• Ponds and Fountains
• Historical Statues
• Museum Complex
- Historical displays
-Souvenir shops
-Resource centre
-Court yard
- Cells Units.
• Wole Soyinka Art Gallery

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 02, 2014
I want to be in Lagos for 3 weeks. do you know where I can get hotel accommodation of around 1500 per night. tanx
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Generally 1,500 a night is really low. But let me ask a few questions?
What part of Lagos do you want to visit?
The environment may not really be conducive. Hope you dont mind?

Your response may determine what next. But if you can increase your budget it will be better.
Kindly respond

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
4. Lekki Conservation Centre. Lekki Conservation Centre (LCC) is one of Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) foremost conservation project site. Located on the renowned Lekki Peninsula, LCC covers a land area of 78 hectare. Administratively, LCC is situated in Eti Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State.

The Lekki Conservation Centre, LCC is a conservation initiative to protect wildlife found in southwest coastal environment of Nigeria in the face of sprawling urban development. This 21-year-old conservation education centre has continued to attract both local and international interests. The Centre has served, as an education and resource centre to varieties of group’s majority of which are schools and tourists.

The project has promoted environmental protection and worked against poaching by surrounding communities as well as serve as a tourist centre for local and international visitors. Continuous environmental education, awareness creation and research activities are carried out in the Reserve.

Over 2million tourists of more than 100 nationals have visited LCC since inception.

A trail boardwalk was constructed in 1992 to the enrich tourists/visitors view of the vast resources of the nature reserve which is encapsulated on a mangrove terrain. The trail stretches a length of 2 Km. some of the side attractions along the trail are swamp outlook, bird hide, rest stops and the tree house.
At the end of trail boardwalk seats the nation station. The nation station is a recreation island in the middle of a forest. It has a semi-enclosed block structure containing the indoor picnic facilities and conveniences. The outdoor has outdoor game facilities mostly for children.

For more information visit: www.ncfnigeria.org

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
5. BADAGRY
The ancient town of Badagry was founded around l425 A.D. The origin of Badagry could be traced back to the period when people lived along the Coast of Gberefu and this area later gave birth to the town of Badagry. Badagry – the 2nd largest commercial town in Lagos State – is located in the western tip of Lagos city and about an hour drive from Lagos main land.

There are buildings, sites and memories of this iniquitous period so that tourists can unearth the dark impact of this era. Interesting places that can leave an unforgettable memory are:
Palace of the Akran of Badagry and its mini ethnographic museum
the early missionaries cemetery
the District Officer’s Office and Residence
the First Storey Building in Nigeria constructed by the Anglican missionaries
relics of slave chains in the mini museum of slave trade
cannons of war
the Vlekte slave Market, and the Slave Port established for the shipment of slaves before the l6th century.

Others are: the site of the famous Agia tree under which Christianity was first preached in Nigeria. Visitors will also do well to trek on the Gberefu Beach to the ‘Point of No Return’. African-Americans eager to identify with their African roots will find a great deal to connect with in Badagry. Also worth visiting are Suntan Beach, Hermitage Resort, Whispering Palms Beach Resort, Halem Seaside Resort etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by mrsage(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Where there is a will, there is a way. Send me a pm.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by boombay(m): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
france too is an interesting place to visit because I schooled francegrin
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by FRANCISEKE1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by eemalex(m): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
5. My house in France, behind Eiffel Tower
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by MizMyColi(f): 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
I have found a resting place.
The perfect cure for all boredom(s) undecided

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by holatin(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
ok but what of
Iya bisi EBA avenue at Ikeja.
B & B village ( they deal in bread and ewa ago in
EDOrado live band from saint Janet ( sinners chapel G.O)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by jerflakes(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
[size=15pt]LAGOS IS A DEAD STATE

Ain't nothing interesting there[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by TDstarr: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
lame,no pics

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by Claroo(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
ELEGUSHI BEACH

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by ammyluv2002(f): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Exciting
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by codeworks(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
If only traffic will allow you to move around

10 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by philtex(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Am Here Waiting 4 Chelsea's Game smiley cheesy
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by thatniqqress(f): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
 Tarkwa bay is really interesting
Especially the rocky part

Leisure park, fun to be

Freedom park is quite dry now
Before, people enter it for free
Now you've gatto pay #200 now.
And people can't affort it grin

Ermm their one carting place like that.
Can't really remember the name sha
I think get arena or so

And thanks to our govt
For destroying amusement park angry

But it's mostly island
Than has fine places sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by Vstuffs(m): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Vc

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by Divineluv14(f): 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nice
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by lawrenceunaa: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Pictures
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by eleko1: 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
wink
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by prinzadey(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
me ....I can't beliv it grin
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Lagos This Xmas Season by lilreese: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
donsimon2012:
I want to be in Lagos for 3 weeks. do you know where I can get hotel accommodation of around 1500 per night. tanx

Even in village you can't find that price talkless of city.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl / My Parents Waiting To Sell South African Properties "17year Old Returnee"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.