Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? (7270 Views)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Why Didnt Jesus Teach Anything New / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:
so i make out to say that you mean God is not all good and all merciful... then why worship a being that claim to be holy but still yet not all good...

Bro its not you and me that will define whom God is, the bible contains all that we need to know about him thats why i told you earlier on that i look at God from what the bible said about his person. Thats also why i asked you if the bible said he is all good. Are you judging him from what pastor said about him or what you and other people think about him? Thats not it na. The bible had already told us his characteristics. As long as his actions corresponds with any of his attributes that are written in the bible then thats it.

johnydon22:
... if you say he is not all good then he is not holy, if you say he is not all merciful, then whats the point in all this shiii... no let other christians catch u saying God is not all holy and merciful... lmao cheesy grin

I know that God said he is Almighty but i ve not seen where he called himself all good. He said that his mercy endure forever, that is to say that mercy cannot cease to be his character forever but how he carries out his mercy is a different thing. I ve not heard him say that he is all merciful. Again being good does not mean holiness. Note that i'm not arguing God with you rather i'm pointing out what the bible said about him, i'm also open to whatever you point out in the bible about him. I'm not defending God like i said.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Bro its not you and me that will define whom God is, the bible contains all that we need to know about him thats why i told you earlier on that i look at God from what the bible said about his person. Thats also why i asked you if the bible said he is all good. Are you judging him from what pastor said about him or what you and other people think about him? Thats not it na. The bible had already told us his characteristics. As long as his actions corresponds with any of his attributes that are written in the bible then thats it.

I know that God said he is Almighty but i ve not seen where he called himself all good. He said that his mercy endure forever, that is to say that mercy cannot cease to be his character forever but how he carries out his mercy is a different thing. I ve not heard him say that he is all merciful. Again being good does not mean holiness. Note that i'm not arguing God with you rather i'm pointing out what the bible said about him, i'm also open to whatever you point out in the bible about him. I'm not defending God like i said.

ok since all your knowledge amd definition of God is narrowed on one book bible, lets go from there. . . u pointed out the bible didnt say he was all good, that exactly must mean that he is not all good right
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

ok since all your knowledge amd definition of God is narrowed on one book bible, lets go from there. . . u pointed out the bible didnt say he was all good, that exactly must mean that he is not all good right

Until you or any other person here point out in the bible where he said he is all good, he remains good to the extent i ve seen in the bible. At least Jesus called him good. However if you have seen what counters mine in the bible pls show me. I'm just speaking to the extent i know. my submission and views are not final. I may be right and i may be wrong.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are u one of those beliving in that myte? wake up quickly what we have in bible today is just a poem written by some folks some 5thousand years ago
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
What is good about god who loves killings?

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
If god loves u so much that he sacrificed his son then logical it means he hated his son. why we i kill my son to save my possession? human beings are god's possession logically it is not balanced to kill his son to save his possession.wake up from ur illusion
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Until you or any other person here point out in the bible where he said he is all good, he remains good to the extent i ve seen in the bible. At least Jesus called him good. However if you have seen what counters mine in the bible pls show me. I'm just speaking to the extent i know. my submission and views are not final. I may be right and i may be wrong.

bro if i start pointing out all the evil the bible attributed to God in the bible. . u might loose ur faith. its better we leave it this way. . . hold on to ur belief since it works for u smiley
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

bro if i start pointing out all the evil the bible attributed to God in the bible. . u might loose ur faith. its better we leave it this way. . . hold on to ur belief since it works for u smiley

My point is that if God did evil its not out of place with his person. He said he created good and evil. Its not as if he presented himself as one that has no hand in the creation of evil. He never also told us that we will receive only good from him. Job 2;10 confirmed it. When we say he is an all good God and therefore should not allow evil on people, then he is being misjudged i think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

I advice you avoid people who come here to ask foolish questions or make foolish statements. Answer the Op as much as you can and ignore noise makers that will want to distract you from the issues at hand.
Yes Sir.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Weah96:

News flash, I'm still unable to contact this God fella. Maybe I need to get a long distance plan.
Try prayer.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by kauza: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Well I suppose another reason why jesus was made flesh is to really exemplify the kind of life that God wants us to live.Jesus was made to pass through every human feelings and passions that we as humans feel today.he felt pain,joy,hunger and so on.remember in the bible when he heard that john has been arrested?he eloped to another town!he life on earth was that of a human.he is the way!a real prototype of the level that God expects us to operate on.Hence we call ourselves christians...cos we now have someone whose life we can emulate.Bro,the bible is the best book on earth even for non christians because it is filled with the story of ordinary people who even tho they had their human failings,were able to achieve extraordinary things.our belief in God and Jesus is so much by faith and mehn it works wonders for us.and P.S don't think that all those random questions about "killing his son" and stuff makes you sound smart. no,it doesn't because when issues of faith are raised,most times it elicit weird questions and responses from human mind.thats a normal reaction.its not called being smart.being smart involves the knowledge of the fact that there is something which set this world in motion and there are unseen forces which most times influence outcomes in this world.well they may not be visible,but you see the result of their actions..the knowledge of this possibility Is called being smart.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
kauza:
Well I suppose another reason why jesus was made flesh is to really exemplify the kind of life that God wants us to live.Jesus was made to pass through every human feelings and passions that we as humans feel today.he felt pain,joy,hunger and so on.remember in the bible when he heard that john has been arrested?he eloped to another town!he life on earth was that of a human.he is the way!a real prototype of the level that God expects us to operate on.Hence we call ourselves christians...cos we now have someone whose life we can emulate.Bro,the bible is the best book on earth even for non christians because it is filled with the story of ordinary people who even tho they had their human failings,were able to achieve extraordinary things.our belief in God and Jesus is so much by faith and mehn it works wonders for us.and P.S don't think that all those random questions about "killing his son" and stuff makes you sound smart. no,it doesn't because when issues of faith are raised,most times it elicit weird questions and responses from human mind.thats a normal reaction.its not called being smart.being smart involves the knowledge of the fact that there is something which set this world in motion and there are unseen forces which most times influence outcomes in this world.well they may not be visible,but you see the result of their actions..the knowledge of this possibility Is called being smart.

lol beautiful answer dude. . . so jesus came to set the example of christian life and virtue ok we agree... but the question still is he was sent to die so God could forgive sins, why?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honeychild(f): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
johnydon22:

lol beautiful answer dude. . . so jesus came to set the example of christian life and virtue ok we agree... but the question still is he was sent to die so God could forgive sins, why?

Have you ever come across someone who holds on to his own standards even at great cost to himself? What would you call such a person?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by 5minsmadness: 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
ayoku777:

Its for two reasons I think:

1: There is a difference between pardon and remission.

Sin is divided into Cause (The act of disobedience), Consequence (guilt or sorrow or pain) and Condemnation (death)

Pardon only waves the act of disobedience; it doesn't wave the resultant sorrow and pain or the eventual death.

You told your child not to plat outside after dark, he disobeys you and got bitten by a snake. You may pardon his disobedience, but he is still in pain and will still die if nothing is done.

God pardoned the sin of the children of Israel in the wilderness, but that generation still all perished in that wilderness. Because pardon isn't remission.

Numbers 14v20-23 -And the Lord said, I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.

Because all those men, which have seen my glory.... And have tempted me now these ten times...

Surely they shall not see the which I swear unto their fathers.

Pardon didn't remove consequence (not see the land) or condemnation (perishing in the wilderness).

God also pardoned David, for adultery with Bathsheba and the death of Uriah, but the child still died, and Absalom (his son) still slept with all the concubines of David (which was the curse of the sin)

Pardon doesn't remove the consequence and the condemnation of the sin. Only remission does. And remission is ONLY BY THE SHEDDING OF (sinless) BLOOD.

Jesus, the Son of the living God is the only one that could bring remission for our sins (cause, consequence and condemnation); through His death.

2: The second reason Jesus had to die, I think is because forgiveness doesn't make us new creation.

Jesus had to die and resurrect, to become the first begotten from the dead and the firstborn of the new creation.

So that those who put their faith in His death and resurrection, can become new creation too.

His death brought remission, His resurrection brought the new creation. So a christian is more than just a forgiven sinner, he is a new creation.

A mere pardon couldn't have given man remission much less made us new creation. Only death and resurrection could pull that off.

I hope this helps a little.
I am 100% sure the op didn't read this your post. At best he glanced at the beginning and the end so he could answer you in context. The op is not looking for genuine answers, just a way to ridicule as many 'christians' as he possibly can.
Cc kauza, mznelly, honourhim

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
5minsmadness:

I am 100% sure the op didn't read this your post. At best he glanced at the beginning and the end so he could answer you in context. The op is not looking for genuine answers, just a way to ridicule as many 'christians' as he possibly can.
Cc kauza, mznelly, honourhim
embarassed
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
@OP.. The reasons why ya'll fail to pass in your exams is cuz of your failure to read. The bible there holds the answer to your question..but your silly a$$ is too lazy to read..

if you think the death of Jesus alone is the only reason he came to tis' world..then your dumb as$ has been fooled by the devil..
1. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15
2. Jesus Christ came into the world to call sinners to repentance.
3. Jesus Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10
4. Jesus came into the world to demonstrate the true purpose of life and give Himself a ransom.
5. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a King and bear witness to the truth.
6. Jesus Christ came into the world to do the Will of His Father.
7. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Light in the world.
8. Jesus Christ came into the world that men might have the Abundant Life. John 10:10
9. Jesus Christ came into the world to Proclaim or preach the Good News about the Kingdom of God. Mark 1:38
10. Jesus Christ came into the world to die on the cross. John 12:27
12. Jesus Christ came into the world to fulfil the law. Matthew 5:17
13. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Divider of men. Matthew 10:34, 35
14. Jesus Christ came into the world as a demonstration of God's Love. 1 John 4:10
15. Jesus Christ came into the world because the Father sent Him. John 20:21
a. The Father SENT Jesus to be the Propitiation (atonement) for our sins. 1 John 4:10
b. The Father SENT Jesus and gave Jesus as the Saviour of the world. John 3:16-18
c. The Father SENT Jesus to bless us by turning us from our iniquities. Acts 3:26
d. The Father SENT His Son to redeem us from the curse of the law. Galatians 4:4-5
e. God SENT His Son to make possible a new power in the hearts of men, a power to enable him to fulfil the righteousness of the law. Romans 8:3,4
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:
@OP.. The reasons why ya'll fail to pass in your exams is cuz of your failure to read. The bible there holds the answer to your question..but your silly a$$ is too lazy to read..

if you think the death of Jesus alone is the only reason he came to tis' world..then your dumb as$ has been fooled by the devil..
1. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15(FROM WHAT AND HOW?
2. Jesus Christ came into the world to call sinners to repentance.(OK GOOD REASON)
3. Jesus Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10(SEEKING AND SAVING THEM CONFIDED IN ONE LITTLE STRIP OF LAND CALLED ISREAL, WHY DIDNT HE COME TO AFRICA)
4. Jesus came into the world to demonstrate the true purpose of life and give Himself a ransom..(HAHAHAHA FUNNY ONE)
5. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a King and bear witness to the truth... (LAST TIME I CHECKED, JESUS DIED A CAPENTER)
6. Jesus Christ came into the world to do the Will of His Father. .(AND THE WILL OF THE FATHER IS)
7. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Light in the world. .(SERIOUSLY?)
8. Jesus Christ came into the world that men might have the Abundant Life. John 10:10...(YEAH I SEE YOU LIVING LONGER THAN METHUSELAH)
9. Jesus Christ came into the world to Proclaim or preach the Good News about the Kingdom of God. Mark 1:38..(SO... OOK)
10. Jesus Christ came into the world to die on the cross. John 12:27(SAME THING I AM ASKING, WHY MUST HE DIE ON THE CROSS, YOU ARE HERE YAPPING ABOUT WHY HE CAME WHEN THE SIMPLE OP.QUESTION WAS "MUST HE DIE ON THE CROSS?)
12. Jesus Christ came into the world to fulfil the law. Matthew 5:17(YEAH YEAH)
13. Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Divider of men. Matthew 10:34, 35(WOW DIVIDER?? LMAO...)
14. Jesus Christ came into the world as a demonstration of God's Love. 1 John 4:10( SO GOD NEED TO DEMONSTRATE HIS LOVE TO MEN BY FAVOURING ONE TRIBE? ISREAL...ASK URSELF WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE ALWAYS ABOUT ISREAL)
15. Jesus Christ came into the world because the Father sent Him. John 20:21..(UUUHM...TO DIE??)
a. The Father SENT Jesus to be the Propitiation (atonement) for our sins. 1 John 4:10( HEHEHE THE QUESTION AGAIN, WHY MUST HIS FATHER KILL HIS SON BEFORE HE CAN FORGIVE SINS, MUST HE SEEK AN ATONEMENT WITH BLOOD WORSE FROM HIS OWN SON)
b. The Father SENT Jesus and gave Jesus as the Saviour of the world. John 3:16-18(YEAH YOU HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE AND THE QUESTION IS FROM WHAT)
c. The Father SENT Jesus to bless us by turning us from our iniquities. Acts 3:26(EHEEE?)
d. The Father SENT His Son to redeem us from the curse of the law. Galatians 4:4-5(HAHAHA SO THE LAW WAS A CURSE?...CHAI I THOUGH GOD GAVE THE LAW SO HE GAVE A CURSE...LMAOgrin)
e. God SENT His Son to make possible a new power in the hearts of men, a power to enable him to fulfil the righteousness of the law. Romans 8:3,4( THE SAME LAW YOU JUST CALLED A CURSE)
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:
format your post properly...
Quote a sentence I've written and place your reply directly below it.. That way we can have a much more meaningful conversation. Its way better than jammin' my words and your replies together.
The stress of havin' to copy the whole text, delete my words and havin' to quote every one liner text of yours is quite stressful.
Do the needful and let's continue with our Argument..
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by malvisguy212: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:
i was with some preachers today, they kept ringing on and on how jesus came to die for the sins of mankind so that mankind can be forgiven.
i asked them a simple question "why couldnt God just forgive mankind instead of murdering his son, i thought he was all powerful, all good and all merciful and loving. must he kill his son before forgiving
Jesus came to the World to solve man problems,problems of sins,it is because of sin God removed Adam and eve From the garden of Eden, God is holy and cannot beholds sin and the book of Romans State :All men are sinners, "For all have sinned and fall
short of the glory of God" ( Romans 3:23). Sin is an
unpopular subject, but we cannot close our eyes to
an obvious fact which the Bible declares and
experience confirms. The darkness of selfishness,
and captivity of sin overshadows our whole life.in other for God to reconcile us to himself we need the sinless blood of Jesus ,the bible say in the book of Romans 6:23.'the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is christ Jesus' the bible also make us to understand that salvation is not of our doing,but the finishing work of christ .

Jesus Died As Our Substitute
The picture is from Old Testament sacrifices. Just as
animals put to death were thought of as substitutes
for people, so Jesus died for human sinfulness
instead of us. If we trust in Jesus we do not have to
bear the ultimate e penalty for sin - death or
separation from God.
"The himself bore our sins in his body on the tree." 1
Peter 2:24
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by 5minsmadness: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Lol.
See you guys falling over yourselves to answer johnnydon's questions. Cant you see he will never be satisfied with whatever you say?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by 5minsmadness: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:
i was with some preachers today, they kept ringing on and on how jesus came to die for the sins of mankind so that mankind can be forgiven.
i asked them a simple question "why couldnt God just forgive mankind instead of murdering his son, i thought he was all powerful, all good and all merciful and loving. must he kill his son before forgiving
Let me answer in plain English and leave the bible quotes for the scholars.

1. God is the alpha and omega. He is the final authority in the entire universe. So His word is law. Once he says something it becomes a rule. You can try and imagine what a great burden this is.

2. God said nothing containing sin will ever enter heaven. EVER. It is a rule and it will be maintained for all eternity.

3. For sin to be washed off, a sacrifice must be made. It is a rule that has been there since the beginning. There is no going around it.

4. God has been looking for an easy way for man to join him in heaven. He tried different methods all through the old testament, but man has remained corrupt. Sin did that. Sin is the ultimate virus. A spiritual virus that prevents man from being with God. Even if God comes down today and says 'Here I am' people will still sin.

5. God doesn't want man to perish. But with sin in man's heart, man cannot enter heaven. And as long as man remains on this corrupt earth he is exposed to this virus of sin every second. So how does God handle this?

6. He creates a super antivirus. He asks the heavenly beings for a volunteer to make the ultimate sacrifice. Remember the only way to remove sin is with a sacrifice. God cant just tell man 'Enter heaven." because there is already a law in place against sin entering heaven.

7. Do you know none of the heavenly beings agreed to go? They knew it involved the shedding of blood, their blood. If they loved their precious humanity so much, how come they hesitated when it came to laying their life for them? Anyway that's another story...the issue is, nobody came forward and God called out over and over and nobody came forward until...His own son, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, stood up and offered to go.

8. Jesus knew he was going to suffer and be sacrificed. He knew the plan. He knew he would be humiliated and made to go through things no heavenly prince would tolerate. Even the angels were not in support. But still he insisted on going out of his great love for mankind because he knew about the law and he knew there was no other way.

9. You know the rest. Its in that compedium of stories you guys call the bible. He allowed his blood to be shed so it could be used for all eternity as an all covering antivirus against any kind of sin. And its so darn easy to receive that people don't even see its value. People will still refuse it and never see heaven. Those who know of its value will use it to enter heaven and God's presence.

That's it.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by UyiIredia(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:

lmao... is it not the case now? christians be like "jesus died for our sins and if we sin and beg den we are forgiven" ... still same thing. why must God murder his son so that he can be able to forgive mankind... a simple question.
(i.e: he is all loving, all good, all merciful and all powerful)

The dude answered ur question twice. Just say you dislike the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Hiswordxray(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:

lol have read it countless times, still makes no sense to me. . .. and am sure it makes no sense to u too but u just have to believe it with faith grin
I don't understand the Bible and you think all Christians are as confuse as you are. You remain here in religion section hoping that someone will help you but the reason why God can't help you is the same reason why Christians in narialand can't help you. And that is PRIDE, you refuse to humble yourself and learn.

If you really don't believe in God why are you here?

You don't know who God is for God is love.
The answer to you question is God is Love.
Love is hate.
Love is judgment.
Love is a consuming fire.
Yet Love is all good.

God is a God of justice because he is Love. Justice must be served.
Justice must always be served.
But yet God is merciful.
Here is a principle: when justice is served there is no mercy and where there is mercy justice is tempered. But God can never moderate, reduce or temper justice. Justice must always be completely served. Half justice is no justice at all.
If God refuse to serve justice then he is unrighteous and he had loss his integrity. Justice means every sin must be punished. If any sin go unpunished then God is unjust.

The question is how then is God merciful if he always serves justice?
This brings us to the wisdom of God and the understanding of Love.
Isa 53:10 "10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief."
God was happy when he was punishing his son because justice must be served. But why did God punished someone who never sinned? Because Jesus took upon himself all the sins of the world and when God was punishing Jesus he was punishing all the sins the world had ever committed from Adam down to the last sin that will be committed before the world end.

God can not just have mercy and wave away these sins, No every sin must be punished and justice must be served unless God is an unrighteous God.
So when you say God had mercy on your sin the actual truth is that God didn't wave away that sin but he punished the sin in Jesus.
God had satisfied his wrath when he delightfully punished all the sins of the world in Jesus. Therefore God can no longer be angry for sins except one sin which he didn't punished in Jesus. This sin is the sin of not believing in Jesus and this is the only sin the bring about judgment (since other sins had been judged ).

This is why God had to punish Jesus and punishment Jesus faced is far beyond dying on the cross.
The reason I gave this explanation is not for the Op but for my fellow Christians.

As for the Op, you are committing the unpardonable sin and you deserve the greatest punishment of all.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
UyiIredia:

The dude answered ur question twice. Just say you dislike the answer.

Something tells me you are an instrument in the hands of God. Keep on the firing line. God bless you bro.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by babakb: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
see all the confusion, the op asked a simple question and no one could answer him, so many unanswered questions in Christianity yet people follow blindly, accept islam before is too late, the QUR'AN teaches us that ALLAH forgave adam and eve after adam prayed for forgiveness for both of them, ALLAH is just and cannot make one person bear the sins of another, ALLAH made it clear in the qur'an that the SATAN deceived adam and eve and made them eat from the forbidden tree but ALLAH forgave adam and eve because HE is all forgiving and all merciful.

no matter how they try to hide the beauty of islam by calling us terrorists, the beauty of islam will always shine besides it was not the SULTAN's jet that was caught with weapons, it is that of the CAN president.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by 5minsmadness: 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
babakb:
see all the confusion, the op asked a simple question and no one could answer him, so many unanswered questions in Christianity yet people follow blindly, accept islam before is too late, the QUR'AN teaches us that ALLAH forgave adam and eve after adam prayed for forgiveness for both of them, ALLAH is just and cannot make one person bear the sins of another, ALLAH made it clear in the qur'an that the SATAN deceived adam and eve and made them eat from the forbidden tree but ALLAH forgave adam and eve because HE is all forgiving and all merciful.

no matter how they try to hide the beauty of islam by calling us terrorists, the beauty of islam will always shine besides it was not the SULTAN's jet that was caught with weapons, it is that of the CAN president.

Abeg go back to your section, there is no confusion here. We are just not as intolerant as you are when discussing issues. Byebye.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Rossikk(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
MzNelly:

When Adam sinned, he severed the relationship between man and humans. Man could no longer communicate with God.
Another perfect man (Jesus) had to intercede to make it possible for us to approach the Almighty via prayer.

YOU'RE TALKING A LOAD OF RUBBISH. THIS CHRISTIANITY STUFF TURNS YOU PEOPLE INTO MUMUS.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Rossikk(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
MzNelly:

He did not kill his son. Jesus was more like, the 'last sacrifice' to end all sacrifices.

BULLSHIIT. IF SACRIFICE IS WRONG, IT IS WRONG. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ''LAST SACRIFICE''. IT'S LIKE SAYING LOOTING PUBLIC RESOURCES IS WRONG SO LET ME DO THE ''LAST LOOTING TO END ALL LOOTING''. NONSENSE.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Rossikk(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
ayoku777:

Its for two reasons I think:

1: There is a difference between pardon and remission.

Sin is divided into Cause (The act of disobedience), Consequence (guilt or sorrow or pain) and Condemnation (death)

Pardon only waves the act of disobedience; it doesn't wave the resultant sorrow and pain or the eventual death.

You told your child not to play outside after dark, he disobeys you and got bitten by a snake. You may pardon his disobedience, but he is still in pain and will still die if nothing is done.

God pardoned the sin of the children of Israel in the wilderness, but that generation still all perished in that wilderness. Because pardon isn't remission.

Numbers 14v20-23 -And the Lord said, I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.

Because all those men, which have seen my glory.... And have tempted me now these ten times...

Surely they shall not see the land which I swear unto their fathers.

Pardon didn't remove consequence (not seeing the land) or condemnation (perishing in the wilderness).

God also pardoned David, for adultery with Bathsheba and the death of Uriah, but the child still died, and Absalom (his son) still slept with all the concubines of David (which was the curse of the sin)

Pardon doesn't remove the consequence and the condemnation of the sin. Only remission does. And remission is ONLY BY THE SHEDDING OF (sinless) BLOOD.

Jesus, the Son of the living God is the only one that could bring remission for our sins (cause, consequence and condemnation); through His death.

2: The second reason Jesus had to die, I think is because forgiveness doesn't make us new creation.

Jesus had to die and resurrect, to become the first begotten from the dead and the firstborn of the new creation.

So that those who put their faith in His death and resurrection, can become new creation too.

His death brought remission, His resurrection brought the new creation. So a christian is more than just a forgiven sinner, he is a new creation.

A mere pardon couldn't have given man remission much less made us new creation. Only death and resurrection could pull that off.

I hope this helps a little.

WHAT A LOAD OF UTTER CODSWALLOP. JUST MAKING STUFF UP AS YOU GO ALONG. WHERE DID YOUR IMPORTED 'GOD' TELL YOU ANY OF THIS?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Rossikk(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
mynairatime:
What is good about god who loves killings?

BIKO ASK THEM O! ''Thou shalt not kill'' (But thou shall kill and ra.pe and loot thy neighbours as you wish) (See Deuteronomy and Leviticus filled with commandments from their imported 'God' to KILL and MASSACRE.) Confused Tokunbo ''God''.

''Thou shall not kill'' - Tokunbo God's commandment.

BUT:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets

1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle

For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.' (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

3) Murdering Children

Kill Sons of Sinners

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

'God' Will Kill Children

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

'God' Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Kill Old Men and Young Women

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

(Note that after 'God' promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter. So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

'God' Will Kill the Children of Sinners

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

More Rap'e and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

4) Miscellaneous Murders

More of Samson's Murders

(The Lord saves Sampson from standing trial for 30 murders and arson by allowing him to kill 1000 more men.) When he reached Lehi, and the Philistines came shouting to meet him, the spirit of the Lord came upon him: the ropes around his arms become as flax that is consumed by fire and the bonds melted away from his hands. Near him was the fresh jawbone of an ass; he reached out, grasped it, and with it killed a thousand men. (Judges 15:14-15 NAB)

Peter Kills Two People

There was also a man named Ananias who, with his wife, Sapphira, sold some property. He brought part of the money to the apostles, but he claimed it was the full amount. His wife had agreed to this deception. Then Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren't lying to us but to God." As soon as Ananias heard these words, he fell to the floor and died. Everyone who heard about it was terrified. Then some young men wrapped him in a sheet and took him out and buried him. About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, "Was this the price you and your husband received for your land?" "Yes," she replied, "that was the price." And Peter said, "How could the two of you even think of doing a thing like this – conspiring together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Just outside that door are the young men who buried your husband, and they will carry you out, too." Instantly, she fell to the floor and died. When the young men came in and saw that she was dead, they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear gripped the entire church and all others who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:1-11 NLT)

Mass Murder

This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.' (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

You Have to Kill

Cursed be he who does the Lord's work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. shocked (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

The Danites Kill the Next Town

But the territory of the Danites was too small for them; so the Danites marched up and attacked Leshem, which they captured and put to the sword. Once they had taken possession of Lesham, they renamed the settlement after their ancestor Dan. (Joshua 19:47 NAB)

'God' Kills Some More

Then the LORD said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before me pleading for these people, I wouldn't help them. Away with them! Get them out of my sight! And if they say to you, 'But where can we go?' tell them, 'This is what the LORD says: Those who are destined for death, to death; those who are destined for war, to war; those who are destined for famine, to famine; those who are destined for captivity, to captivity.' "I will send four kinds of destroyers against them," says the LORD. "I will send the sword to kill, the dogs to drag away, the vultures to devour, and the wild animals to finish up what is left. Because of the wicked things Manasseh son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, did in Jerusalem, I will make my people an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth." (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)

'God' Promises More Killing

I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)

The Angel of Death

My angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites, and Jebusites; and I will wipe them out. (Exodus 23:23 NAB)

CONFUSED TOKUNBO ''God''.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rossikk:

You have enough time to study all those Wao!
But yet you have no idea who God is, double Wao! Wao!

Why on earth do you waste so much of your time, another Wao!

And you still had enough time to type those just to prove a point, I can't but to say another, Wao!

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, ENERGY, STUDIES AND POINTS.

Eeaya.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Kirinwa: 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
johnydon22:

it still boils down to the question... why cant God just forgive humans without demanding any sacrifice or without ultimately bashing his son as the ultimate sacrifice

Without the shedding of blood, there can be no forgiveness of sins...

http://biblehub.com/hebrews/9-22.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Still Attend House Fellowship? / Demonology 101: 25 Facts About Demons / Flying In My Dreams To Escape Harm. Is It Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.