Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? (7294 Views)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Why Didnt Jesus Teach Anything New / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Rilwayne001: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
MzNelly:

You said it yourself; the PROPHETS.

Now you are shifting the post, here is our discussion earlier on:

MzNelly: When Adam sinned, he severed the relationship between man and humans. MAN could no longer communicate with God. Another perfect man (Jesus) had to intercede to MAKE IT POSSIBLE for us to approach the Almighty via prayer. <<<<<<Your point here is that MAN (irrespective of who you are whether a prophet or a saints) could no longer communicate with God because of Adams sin **Note: b4 you change your word again, I came to this conclusion base on your words @underlined** your point is that only jesus can make it possible. Then I say this is not true.

Rilwayne: \But how come (according to d bible) prophets of the old were able to communicate one on one with God? <<<< Prophets infact those that are not prophet communicate with God in the OT, I know the point you arr trying to raise here is that people cannot reach God via prayers in the OT and contrary to this, we have countless verses of the OT where people prayed and dere prayers was answered, infact a whole town was forgiven without offering any sacrifice (care to know? ask me). Though we have in some places where the bible God is portrayed to be a bloodsucking monster who can only 4gv a sinner only when he is been offered sacrifice, same way we have the true God been portrayed in the bible, the one who doesnt desire sacrifice in any way but repentance i.e when you repent you are 4given we have countless verses of the bible portraying this true God to us. e.g

“Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:7-cool.

^^The God up here in Micah is no doubt the true God, Do you want more verses like this? I have plenty of them here.

Not everyone was able to converse with God Whenever they sinned, they had to make atonement for their sins via sacrifices and what-not. That is why when Jesus died, the curtain of the temple of the high priest was ripped apart.

@bolded, NO they don't have to make atonement for "God doesnt desire sacrifice" unless you want to disagree with that verse.

Again here is another verse: “To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice .” (Proverbs 21:3).

We have seen countless verse though contradicting to those one where the bible god said he enjoys the AROMA OF BURNT OFFERINGS. I think thats another problem with the bible.

Henceforth, prayer is something WE all can engage in.

Are you telling me here that God does not accept prayers of the people before Jesus arrival?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Anas09: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jonnydon, are you trying to scorn and scuff at God and his words? Hmmmm. Satan trmbles when he remembers his end. He has no chance of repentance, but u do. Satan has you right where he wants you now, but u r still alive, u can still do something about it. Ask God sincerely, why did he sacrifice his son instead of just forgiving man? With the snailing mind you have right now, you can never fine answers. I see you are here to scorn. Not because u really need answers. If u do, He that asketh recieveth. But the danger is that, satan will keep impressing on you, making u feel u r very smart. But time is short. Make hay while the sun shines. Muna just passed, it can be any of us next. Wen u stand before him, it won't be funny again.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Now you are shifting the post, here is our discussion earlier on:

MzNelly: When Adam sinned, he severed the relationship between man and humans. MAN could no longer communicate with God. Another perfect man (Jesus) had to intercede to MAKE IT POSSIBLE for us to approach the Almighty via prayer. <<<<<<Your point here is that MAN (irrespective of who you are whether a prophet or a saints) could no longer communicate with God because of Adams sin **Note: b4 you change your word again, I came to this conclusion base on your words @underlined** your point is that only jesus can make it possible. Then I say this is not true.

Rilwayne: \But how come (according to d bible) prophets of the old were able to communicate one on one with God? <<<< Prophets infact those that are not prophet communicate with God in the OT, I know the point you arr trying to raise here is that people cannot reach God via prayers in the OT and contrary to this, we have countless verses of the OT where people prayed and dere prayers was answered, infact a whole town was forgiven without offering any sacrifice (care to know? ask me). Though we have in some places where the bible God is portrayed to be a bloodsucking monster who can only 4gv a sinner only when he is been offered sacrifice, same way we have the true God been portrayed in the bible, the one who doesnt desire sacrifice in any way but repentance i.e when you repent you are 4given we have countless verses of the bible portraying this true God to us. e.g

“Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:7-cool.

^^The God up here in Micah is no doubt the true God, Do you want more verses like this? I have plenty of them here.

@bolded, NO they don't have to make atonement for "God doesnt desire sacrifice" unless you want to disagree with that verse.

Again here is another verse: “To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice .” (Proverbs 21:3).

We have seen countless verse though contradicting to those one where the bible god said he enjoys the AROMA OF BURNT OFFERINGS. I think thats another problem with the bible.

Are you telling me here that God does not accept prayers of the people before Jesus arrival?

Sir, you are looking for an argument and you are not going to get it with me.

You feel you know so much about this topic and have nothing more to learn. That's fine by me.

Carry on. EOD.

Thank you.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Jameselias: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Why didn't he just kill satan and end it all why kill his own son is he the curse why remove the cobweb when he can kill the spider shame on him

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Eddlad: 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:
i was with some preachers today, they kept ringing on and on how jesus came to die for the sins of mankind so that mankind can be forgiven.
i asked them a simple question "why couldnt God just forgive mankind instead of murdering his son, i thought he was all powerful, all good and all merciful and loving. must he kill his son before forgiving

I plan to digress and expose this new hue ignorance taken.
Its alarming to see the lengths some individuals would to find "fault" to lambast God.

Op, what exactly do you want to hear or say;that God is blood thirty, sinful or non existent?
if thats the case, put to rest what you have started and go with what you think.The sciptures in no way forces Christianity on any one.

If not then reason(don't just read) what ayoku wrote in his post.The answer might not be as he states but you will know what influenced his post and it might be the change in perspective you need.

I believe God sent his to shed his blood because of how much he wants us to abhor living sinfully.God could have forgiven man if he wanted to, but I think he wanted man to know how grave sin was and how else than to ask seek the most precious of all gifts..life.Needless to say Christians haven't thought this through.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Eddlad: 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
johnydon22:
i was with some preachers today, they kept ringing on and on how jesus came to die for the sins of mankind so that mankind can be forgiven.
i asked them a simple question "why couldnt God just forgive mankind instead of murdering his son, i thought he was all powerful, all good and all merciful and loving. must he kill his son before forgiving

I plan to digress and expose this new hue ignorance taken.
Its alarming to see the lengths some individuals would to find "fault" to lambast God.

Op, what exactly do you want to hear or say;that God is blood thirty, sinful or non existent?
if thats the case, put to rest what you have started and go with what you think.The sciptures in no way forces Christianity on any one.

If not then reason(don't just read) what ayoku wrote in his post.The answer might not be as he states but you will know what influenced his post and it might be the change in perspective you need.

I believe God sent his to shed his blood because of how much he wants us to abhor living sinfully.God could have forgiven man if he wanted to, but I think he wanted man to know how grave sin was and how else than to ask seek the most precious of all gifts..life.Needless to say Christians haven't thought this through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trinity / God's Moral Law / the secret of prayer and instant answers, by authority not by begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.