Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed (21783 Views)

Trailer Falls In Agege Railway Crossing This Morning - Photos / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigeria Railway Takes Delivery Of Five 68-Seater Coaches: Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Firefire(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2014
WHERE ARE THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA PROGRES CALLED APC
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

What is so special about that your millinelium slum village, Lagos?

Lagos is a port city, a role that any other coastal state can easily relieve Lagos of and see to a speedy onward transfer of goods to other hinterland regions.

There is virtually no real production going on in Lagos anymore as most of the factories are merely packaging and distribution plants while the economy of Lagos is by and large that of shop keepers.

Kadunna on the other hand contributes to our economy through real production with agriculture.
That tomato, onions and pepper you love to make an omelet with when eating that yam are most likely fom Kaduna.
You may have valid points but Lagos remains the economic heartbeat of Nigeria as NY is for America. You can't disprove that fact.
Your Lagos is over rated.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by holatin(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2014
agabaI23:
Yes of course it is a campaign material. What else would you want to be a campaign material? Attack on opposition without substance?
you gat a problem with me not been fooled ?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

What is so special about that your millinelium slum village, Lagos?

Lagos is a port city, a role that any other coastal state can easily relieve Lagos of and see to a speedy onward transfer of goods to other hinterland regions.

There is virtually no real production going on in Lagos anymore as most of the factories are merely packaging and distribution plants while the economy of Lagos is by and large that of shop keepers.

Kadunna on the other hand contributes to our economy through real production with agriculture.
That tomato, onions and pepper you love to make an omelet with when eating that yam are most likely fom Kaduna.
You may have valid points but Lagos remains the economic heartbeat of Nigeria as NY is for America. You can't disprove that fact.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by holatin(m): 8:24am On Dec 02, 2014
rozayx5:

so GEJ spent 3 years building a campaign material,
i can officially say your a f00l

Buhari and change should not be in the same sentence, the only change he made was change from democracy to dictatorship
Tell me GEJ is not dictator. he is just sensible to hide behind the cutton and ask some fools to do his dirty laundry.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=Johnpaul88 post=28519526][/quote]

Lagos has reached her zenith and cannot be fixed. Things can only get worse.

Most oil coys are moving their cooperate headquarters to Abuja.

With peace and stability in the Deltan states and developmental strides in places like Uyo, expect to see more of these companies relocate to Calabar and Uyo.

The financial institutions are also moving to Abuja. Why? Because the FG and CBN are located in Abuja and these two entities are the backbone of theNigerian economy. Lagos is merely a consumer state and packaging companies like Lagos because of the population and diverse demograph. That same popularption that your fashole sees as a menace is also what makes companies like Lagos, since you want us To leave Lagos, those coys will eventually branch out.

The southeast coastline should have a viable port in the gulf of guinea to serve the real production areas in the southeast, the agro sectors in the middle belt states of Benue, Taraba and south Adamawa, the booming oil servicing sector of theNiger Delta and also serve as a launching pad to the fast developing central African countries.

FG has pulled out, the companies are pulling out, it remains for people to start on an exodus out of that ungrateful city.

Maybe then fashole and his touts will realize that their xenophobia was their own downfall.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by abdulwastecx(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2014
adamsjj:
#No harsh feelings...are u a railway engineer?...were u working wif dem?...Do u knw d quality of d materiál dt was used?...Whch country is bst in railway construction?...Do u knw hw many past presidents(both obj & buhari) hv started oř collected moni on this samé project & it disappeared into the thin air...Do u think is easy to achieve such a laudable masterpiece with the level of unrest in those regions?...Do you knw der is a masterframe work to link each region together with railway?...We shld put sentiment & ethnicity aside & think for the betterment of this country...thank u.

railway engineering is a branch of civil engineering ( transportation engineering option). so, I know some stuff about railway construction
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by greaterlove(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2014
There is something that gladdens my heart about the current federal government in nigeria, it is that when they start a project they complete it. We are seeing it at all levels, the Benin ore road, the airports, the agricultural projects, the railways etc. my only problem has been the handling of boko haram.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by pimplucious: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2014
Just $850 million? I'm sure the real cost of this project will be somewhere around the range of $500 mill.

That being said, I wonder what great and fulfilled economy Nigeria would have been but for corruption cry cry
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Tintinix: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2014
rozayx5:

so GEJ spent 3 years building a campaign material,
i can officially say your a f00l

Buhari and change should not be in the same sentence, the only change he made was change from democracy to dictatorship

Even if it was a campign material.. i see this as a visionary leadership, using tangible results to win electorates votes.. there is nothing bad baout that since it will directly impact the populace positvely.

Not the distribution of AK47s, political assassinations, Achievements shown on 3D Autocad drawings...
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Unemadu: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2014
Saw this train the other day

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by tecmon: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2014
GEJ till infinity grin
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

GEJ till 2019!!!
Anyone that doesn't like it can go kiss a swine

hw abt those that school in france, are u sure they will like it? cos me i love it
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2014
gbodimowo:
gerrout

gerraway
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Excellent.

Now the next step is simple....link every state capital in Nigeria by rail.

Railways has the potential to be a cheap and safe form of mass transit...so every effort must be made to develop it.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by tomakint: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2014
samx4real:

Did u forget to include mi name? #GEJ till 2019!
How can I forget you? Still on it, Cc: Phockphockman, mogidi, Atlwireless, Descartes, Gh0stfreak, Shizzlestar, chukwudi44, longeria, aljharem, aryzgreat, brokenTV, stebell, ichidodo, iconize, collynzo23, LeOstrich, biafranqueen, gramci, Opiaoku, Taharqa etc

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:28am On Dec 02, 2014
Joavid:
Oh yes! He built a train, probably 5times the original price and then that is huge "achievement".
Nigerians can easily be swayed.
Government playing pingpong with our minds.

I refuse to be seduced! angry

Edited!

For God sake this is nothing special!!! Helloooooooooooooo! shocked

The oil subsidy report, the millions to trillions missing, the number of oil barrels stolen per days has trippled, the openly corrupt members of his cabinet walking free, ASSU plans to go on another strike soon, the military is in a rot and some modafvckas are celebrating a train that will soon be in-effective due to mismanagement and corruption??

O'lord!!! undecided

helllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo, are u aware obj was the minister for petroleum plus nigeria's president for 8yrs n he did nothng even the road leading to ogun state, his own state he didnt fix it. he also recieve billions of stolen monies by former military heads of state from european countries yet we cant account for such monies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

The Lekki link bridge cost 29 billion naira. The bridge is 1.3km.

This will put the cost at approximately 22.3 million naira per meter length or 150,000 US dollars per meter.

And the bridge is tolled!

the most sensously sensible post.
god bless u.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by abdulwastecx(m): 10:55am On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

The completed rail project probably cost far less than the amount Fashole paid as consultancy fees for that phantom Lekki airport.

you must be kidding me...Fashola paid more than $850million for consultancy fee of an airport project, if I may ask how much is lagos state budget? ( less than $3 billion I guess) it willbbe stupid to say lagos will spend 30% of her budget on an aiport project

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Goddex: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2014
[size=13pt]. . . and somebody feels he can brainwash me with
propaganda to turn my back on the best government in Nigeria.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Curiouscat: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2014
Are you saying we dont have the massive passenger numbers?
CFCfan:

Bullet/High speed trains are very expensive, and require massive passenger numbers to break even on investment.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by squad1: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2014
tomakint:
This is the type of news worth reading this cool morning......and they (APC goons and propaganda machines online) want me to abandon this working administration of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan a.k.a the Man of the Moment for one miserable, vindictive funky mallam with clenched fist who abandoned similar project when he grabbed power forcefully in 1983. Thank God for #teamGEJ# Cc: Rossike, Truckpusher, Firefire, Babyosisi, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, Sincere9gerian, etc

May ur life be like the way Goodluck Ebele Jonathan have handled the situation of Nigeria.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by agabaI23(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:

you gat a problem with me not been fooled ?
I will be happy if you are not fooled. But I will be sad if you refuse to acknowledge the obvious
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by OLADD: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2014
Blackfire:
in apc mind 'wetin him do sef?'. in pdp mind 'good news'
[color=#006600][/color]

Lol. una no fit kill me for nairaland.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by LeOstrich: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2014
abdulwastecx:

you must be kidding me...Fashola paid more than $850million for consultancy fee of an airport project, if I may ask how much is lagos state budget? ( less than $3 billion I guess) it willbbe stupid to say lagos will spend 30% of her budget on an aiport project

Checkout fayemi's 80% consultancy fees, awarding of a 800 meter single lane road for close to 900million naira that is approximately one million naira per meter length of roadwork.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by DisGuy: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hurray!!!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
squad1:

May ur life be like the way Goodluck Ebele Jonathan have handled the situation of Nigeria.
and may ur own be like buhari's fail attempt to rule Nigeria again
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by OneDemola: 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
LeOstrich:

The completed rail project probably cost far less than the amount Fashole paid as consultancy fees for that phantom Lekki airport.

False. Do you even have any facts to this point you have raised?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by PhockPhockMan: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
iterator24:
lets see if they'll buy bullet trains
Already, the Chinese said they will participate in the running of the rail system, so they will also buy the bullet trains. The most important thing is infrastructure which the best president in the History of Nigeria has provided.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
koladebrainiac:
e try . but someone should tell him that its nothing special . I mean he has spent six years. on that sit and he can't just sit there and do nothing . after all the huge budget that ministry received . this is federal Government . standardize our economy not this one dollar is selling at the record of 1$ to 184# . abegi make e do more . impress us with something to be grateful for not icing colorful infrastructure that someone in west may not see . give us light .
The past leaders that ruled for 5 decades all together, which one did they build?
Go and die with your bad belle
Re: Abuja-kaduna Standard Gauge Railway Completed by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
tomakint:

How can I forget you? Still on it, Cc: Phockphockman, mogidi, Atlwireless, Descartes, Gh0stfreak, Shizzlestar, chukwudi44, longeria, aljharem, aryzgreat, brokenTV, stebell, ichidodo, iconize, collynzo23, LeOstrich, biafranqueen, gramci, Opiaoku, Taharqa etc
Na me be etc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Arrested By Indian Police, With Her 2 Children, Cries Out (video) / Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria / Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.