Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) (66570 Views)

Two Yola-Bound Buses Collide At Night (Graphic Photos) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by write2obi(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2014
Jennydoris:

The ones you have been meeting are different. That does not mean all others are like that too. Anyway, That there difference is what makes them very unique from others tongue

Good morning
Guess you are right, they stand out every where they go wink
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2014
write2obi:

Guess you are right, they stand out every where they go wink

cool
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2014
write2obi:

smiley thanks
How was your nite

Mine was good and yours?
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2014
condralbede:
Lolz... still waiting patiently!

Ok. I will keep you posted cheesy.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Schematics:
More or less he has been meeting people that grew up in areas like Okpoko. Just like when you go to Lagos and meet someone that stays at Ajegunle..it can never be the same as someone that grew up at Lekki. The same way someone that grew up in Trans-Nkisi, 3-3, Onitsha federal housing, American Qtrs are quite different, and all behave like people in VGC, Lekki, VI etc..

In the a nutshell it is all about the location in the each city. Like I grew up in Trans-Nkisi.

Yea. Our environment matters a lot because it will imbibe in you some characters either positive or negative. And that will determine ones action to certain areas of life.

But.........
I hope say u no dey form AJEBOTA for me tongue.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
satowind:

Ibu onye obosi

A bu m onye Nigeria. grin
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by sukkot: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, do you also remember the barbers there? I used to hang out there sometimes back in the day. You should know Bagel King, down on Wooly road, the spot to be at 5am, after clubbing. What year did you move out of there? I used to play basketball in Burgess park sometimes, and tennis as well, at the other end of the park - close to Camberwell. Then we had our spot in Burgess, next to the junction opposite Aylesbury Estate, for footie every Sunday back in the days. Memories still. grin

I don't think they've touched that bit. But Aylesbury estate is getting gentrified, slowly but surely, and the whole estate should be gone by 2017. Right now, there are loads of Brazilians and Portuguese folks moving in. Not as black as it used to be. However, there are still tons of black people around.

what year did i move out of that area completely ? about 14 years ago bruv. the year 2000. i cant remember the barbers. at that point in time in my life i dont think i was concerned too much about looking fresh so i cant remember stepping into any barbers. i was rocking my natty natural dreads lmao. oh yeah i know the tennis courts. i never played tennis myself. just never had an interest. oh yeah aylesbury estate. nuff memories bruv. the memories is slowly fading though lmao cuz i been up north ever since. me ah fi chill ina di manny town. mancunion mate cheesy
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by MrEverest(m): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Silensa:
please explain well what you mean by exicting night in owerri cos i haven't seen anything like that here. No street light for you to see at night, no good road for a smooth night ride, so what so exicting about here. I wish people will stop beliving some of the junks media house report and come down here for a firsthand information.
Are you for real dude? This is the Zenith of dishonesty! You're a freaking liar my friend! Only a few places in Nigeria has the kind of night-life you find in Owerri. The whole of new Owerri never sleeps! I was in Lagos before I relocated to Owerri & I tell you it compares with Ikeja, Surulere & V.I in terms of night life. Again you mentioned no street light, like seriously? Wetheral, Aba road, Aba road by-pass, Bank road/Orlu road, Douglas road, most parts of new Owerri etc are all well illuminated with street lights at night while some rely on public power supply, others, especially the new ones installed by Rochas uses solar. Finally you said the roads are bad, I stand to be corrected by telling you that almost all the municipal roads in Owerri are motorable, meeen we are still in Nigeria dude, even Abuja still has pockets of bad roads here and there. Pls stop spreading lies & be honest for once. Smh.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by write2obi(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2014
Jennydoris:

Mine was good and yours?
Grt. wink
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2014
write2obi:

Grt. wink

That's good. Enjoy your day.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Schematics: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Form ke? For where.. cheesy

Jennydoris:

Yea. Our environment matters a lot because it will imbibe in you some characters either positive or negative. And that will determine ones action to certain areas of life.

But.........
I hope say u no dey form AJEBOTA for me tongue.

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Jennydoris(f): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
Schematics:
Form ke? For where.. cheesy

Ok na. Let me believe u cheesy
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by JosephAchuzie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Bruteforce101:
[s][/s]

Imposter. Go get a life.

That fool is your amiable general chinonso dike. grin grin

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
write2obi:

grin grin grin
Most of the girls will be like " What's nairaland" when they see me reading from my phone n laughing like a clown grin grin grin . I grow up in onitsha :yes, but there is something ... about most onitsha brought-up. Don't get me wrong, i like our girls, but they are just kind of different from others.
How different?
Just a question and please be sincere.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by Ilovenigeria(f): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
tochimas:

Madam, it's not compulsory to post at any thread, this thread really has nothing to do with politics, the last time someone posted pictures of onitsha here, we the Anambrarians were shedding real tears, it's was not because of shame, but for all the things we had suffered silently and were still suffering then, that was before Obiano was elected, if you were from the east or had passed there before, you won't be here calling all that work Xmas light, it's far more than that, almost all supported the exposing them except the politicians of course that don't want their shame to be exposed, and now it seems someone was taking notes all along. Thanks to Seun and others for all the platform provided for the masses to actually make their voice to be heard.

As for the others that would want to start their comparison, I no get time, as someone that just travelled from Lagos to Abuja by road this November , and nearly died on that road, I would say Anambra is far ahead on the road to getting it right than most states. You can check how many states I passed and could not see not even one saving grace in the states. Infant I vowed not to make the return journey by road even under serious sedation.

The sooner people like you leave PDP and APC aside and face the real enemy the better it will be for us all.
Now, if only the Abians was doing their anti campaign for that idiot that called himself TA Orji, he will not be able to open his mouth in public outside Abia state, since the man has been defacing Umuahia with his ugly fac, why can't the Abians equally mount his posters on all the graveyards called roads in Abia, after all they are part of his legacy. Since he has been showing the shinny new kabukabu he leased at exorbitant rates to the suffering people. They in turn show the whole Nigerians the death traps called roads they will be plying everyday to make delivery to him. They were busy hiding their shame in the name of east is better than the north and north better than the west and all that rubbish.

From my home town in Anambra to onitsha the great business city was a joy ride, no single bumps on the road , it helps all the inter state drivers to take people to their various destinations instead of just pouring everybody at upper Iwekka as they use to do.

Well done to Obiano jare, abeg
We are solidly behind you as long as you have the interest of the people at heart.
Keep up the good work
Nice one.
Why not visit our Anambra thread.
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by ChyjoskyJ: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is just the beginning.

Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
TonySpike:

Did you just call Onitsha a coastal town? I hope this isn't a joke?

Geography is a custard and bastar.d...
Onitsha is at the bank of a big river..river Niger

What do u call that
Re: Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) by TonySpike: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Geography is a custard and bastar.d...
Onitsha is at the bank of a big river..river Niger

What do u call that

Pray tell me, what is a coast? What is the difference between a coast and river in geographical parlance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) / Two Women Vs 3 Muslim Men On A Flight From Turkey To UK (Photos) / Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.