Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister (14636 Views)

The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by noordean(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Akerry:
grin grin
u knw all ds made in nigeria tinx nw
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by engrkaz(m): 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ezedon:
this is a welcome development but it depend on the type of satellite, the effectiveness and durability and most of all accessment and maintenance
I quite understand ur point, but mind u, once a satellite is launched into the appropriate orbit, access to it is almost impossible, and ur maintenance, is it ground stattion based or some mecho would be making periodic trips to Mars or Venus to check is a bolt needs replacement? Me I can laff in Ijebu ooo
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

The first man reached the moon people were dying and starving in Russia?

Do you know that when you want to call someone in Africa from Nigeria and other African countries,your call goes first to Europe or the USA before reaching the so called person? Africans or Nigeria owning ,building etc her own satellites will reduce the cost of telecommunications.
Furthermore tho I sympathize with our brothers dying in the north, we shouldn't stop our activities ...or maybe salaries too shouldn't b payed because people are dying in the north?

You obviously missed my point about prioritizing needs. So.......
Btw, are calls not been made regardless? Have we died because of N12 p/m or N4 sms or rerouting calls?
If you think for half a second that call rates will reduce significantly because of this, then you are sadly mistaken.
As to the issue of salary payment...refer to my first statement above.
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by Okaakoko(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
SeverusSnape:
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE....The foreign one got missing in space, I just hope the "locally made" one doesn't.
lol, that's if only it got to space
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by Akerry(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
noordean:
u knw all ds made in nigeria tinx nw
very well, not always original,, d tot of nigeria producing satelites makes me laugh uncontrollably
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by Riclord001(m): 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
HonourablePomk:
A nice development i know some people will say why partnership or 2018 but Nigeria is a Third World Country you don't expect us to be Independent Instantly. Kudos to our great Scientist
who dey talk of patnership?
oga jona, make nothing fall for my head,... i beg
anyway kudos to dem
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by babestella: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
cramjones:
Hahahahahahaha....This Jonathan is a huge Joke! Who is this minister and who was the id.iot that appointed him to be minister? Is it the man they call clueless? Nigerian made satellites when Boko Haram is killing our country? Common!

-CramJones

Animal, you have again escaped from the zoo where the zoologist kept you. Please stop posting rubbish, you will never see anything good with GEJ government. Same way you'll never see anything good amongst your fellow humans. You act like your father never really managed his home well, that is why your sorry ass ended up in the zoo. Please grow up and stop being silly. You'll soon be transferred to the jungle where you really belong.
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by kipesco(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
demsid:
clap for yourself . infact u get point but u no get brain. come and tell everyone here what u av invented personally or are u not educated? since na owner of apple u see, u fit claim owner of orange na afterall na orange ur mama dey hawk.
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by kipesco(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
demsid:
clap for yourself . infact u get point but u no get brain. come and tell everyone here what u av invented personally or are u not educated? since na owner of apple u see, u fit claim owner of orange na afterall na orange ur mama dey hawk.

Can u now see my claims, n also u told the world ur mothers career. Where does she hawk oranges, do u get MB after she hawks? so sad for you. Come out of you ignorance.
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by DONOCHAS(m): 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good development, keep it up. But wait, OP i tot it is supposed 2 be launched 2moro. Ha ha ha
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by kipesco(m): 4:49am On Dec 04, 2014
demsid:

How can I have a point without brains. Have u seen how insane u are? I have really not invented anything that is why am glad to hear my country would launch a locally made satellite soon but you, you are ignorant and yet incapable, indecisive and unthinking follower. When people credit u discredit yet u can't do anything and am sure its ur life backward ever forward never.
U even let the whole world know your mother sells orange hmmm hope u help her hawk sometimes because that gives the MB u come here to put up rubbish.
Up Naija, the government of the day is of technology and development haters go huge transformer .
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by Babatunde69: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:38pm On Dec 02

joelenesleek:
I haven't seen anyone laughing about this. May I please be the first,hahahahhah, lmao, rotfl . They won't help us develope our cassava farms they want to shoot space. They should just bring the moon to naija or build another planet. I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

The first man reached the moon, people were starving and dying in Russia, so what's your points?

Starving and dying in Russia in the 1960s? LOL. Go back to a history class
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
Babatunde69:
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:38pm On Dec 02

joelenesleek:
I haven't seen anyone laughing about this. May I please be the first,hahahahhah, lmao, rotfl . They won't help us develope our cassava farms they want to shoot space. They should just bring the moon to naija or build another planet. I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

The first man reached the moon, people were starving and dying in Russia, so what's your points?

Starving and dying in Russia in the 1960s? LOL. Go back to a history class

The first man in the space Yuri Gagarin, was in 1957, and I hope you don't think they built the space program the same year, for your information dumb Bleep it took more than 10years .....and 1957-10 we are in post WWII and still in the communism-soviet era with people starving....now you go back to school, not only history class , you def need more than that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by kemiola89(f): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2014
About time...
Re: Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin
omenka:
Have you ever heard of the Cartoon "Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy"?? You sound just like Billy. Go find out what he has inside his head.

Have a nice day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries / To The Adminstrators! / 18 Reasons Your Facebook Account Got Blocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.