Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. (18274 Views)

W.H.O Has Officially Declared Nigeria Ebola Free / How The World Media Is Celebrating Nigeria's Ebola Victory Pictures And Video / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by dancocity(m): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2014
well deserved but they should find another way to immortalz her...
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
well deserved.

I suggest any Ebola centre in Nigeria be named after her or a Hospital in her hometown be named after her as a memorial.
ebola centre angry?where the ebola wan fly from come? if thunder no return am back to him base cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
well deserved.

I suggest any Ebola centre in Nigeria be named after her or a Hospital in her hometown be nam cooled
after her as a memorial.
ebola centre angry?where the ebola wan fly from come? if 
thunder no return
am back to
him base cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by igbsam(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:

LWKMD. I can see the pain.

Very Annoying.............Make person no comment first again ?

All these Weed smoking Nairaland Mods
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Ladycloud(f): 9:43am On Dec 02, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
WE MISS YOU MAMA...
IF NOT FOR YOU THAT DEVIL INCARNATE PATRICK SAWYER FOR DON CARRY EBOLA COME
CROSS RIVER...
AND I FOR GET AM BCUZ AH DEY SHAKE HAND WITH
EVERYBODY WEY I SABI
NOT TO TALK OF ALL EMM GIRLS
WEY DEY NEED HUG..
GOD BLESS YOU MAMA wink
... undecided
lilmaxfidel:
WE MISS YOU MAMA...
IF NOT FOR YOU THAT DEVIL INCARNATE PATRICK SAWYER FOR DON CARRY EBOLA COME
CROSS RIVER...
AND I FOR GET AM BCUZ AH DEY SHAKE HAND WITH
EVERYBODY WEY I SABI
NOT TO TALK OF ALL EMM GIRLS
WEY DEY NEED HUG..
GOD BLESS YOU MAMA wink
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by ypzilanti: 10:05am On Dec 02, 2014
Reyginus:
Nice. What about the other health workers who curbed the menace with her? Did she do it all by herself? Are we not being insentitive by raising her effort above that of all others who suffered similar fate?

My tot exactly. All should be honored even.though she is the ' face' of the fight. The general so to say

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by biafranqueen: 10:08am On Dec 02, 2014
She and the director of the hospital are the real reason Ebola did not spread throughout Lagos. RIP Sister.
We will never allow some parties and mediaprostitutes, parading as performing leaders take you credit.
Dalu we are very grateful!
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2014
ypzilanti:

My tot exactly. All should be honored even.though she is the ' face' of the fight. The general so to say
That is how the system operates here. It is unfortunate. I still remember the story of a nurse and his fiance. It hurts that some people are more interested in improving the value of the health care system and providers by making one too high above all others.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by dre11(m): 10:16am On Dec 02, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.today.ng/news/ebola-dr-adadevoh-receives-sec-integrity-award/

Well deserved honor

I just hope the government will also reward her tooo
Because she fought for humanity
She fought to safe lives
She fought so that the disease won't spread round

Not like our polithievians

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Bonapart(m): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2014
Here in France awards are given to individuals before their death. ... not wait till they die. Don't know about your country though
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by anytexy: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2014
Reyginus:
Nice. What about the other health workers who curbed the menace with her? Did she do it all by herself? Are we not being insentitive by raising her effort above that of all others who suffered similar fate?
You have spoken my mind my dear. The nurse who contracted it on the first day she resumed work and died nko?
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 02, 2014
anytexy:
You have spoken my mind my dear. The nurse who contracted it on the first day she resumed work and died nko?
It is not fair at all.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by loomer: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2014
Reyginus:

In Nigeria, only dead body de be hero.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by jomoh: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Don't know why but I get emotional anytime I see or hear this woman's name.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Ladycloud:
... undecided...
sad

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 02, 2014
[b]Ebola is a hoax - the intention is to terrorise our population into panicking and taking deadly vaccines which America world profit massively by selling to our govt and which would be then used to depopulate us. Those that do not die from the vaccine would become infertile and unable to conceive children.

You have been warned; Take this Ebola vaccine that is surely coming your way soon, at your own peril.

This doctor, (or rather the actor pretending to be this doctor) I can guarantee you she is not dead. In fact her name is a fake name and would not match the name of the Woman whose photo they are telling us is her.

There is no such person as Dr Adadevoh. The lady photographed is a paid actor?

Why don't someone prove me wrong and show me a facebook or twitter presence or even a mere web presence for this so called senior doctor that supposedly headed a department in a large Lagos hospital.

Shut me up by good by showing me a mere web presence for her prior to the Ebola crisis.

Why would Nigeria participate in a hoax against its own people? Because through blackmail using IMF and World Bank loans and our corruptible leadership, Nigeria has virtually surrender its sovereignty to America who can dictate to Nigeria any policy it wants it to implement; Including the deception and terrorism of its own citizens.

The youtube video below using the words of a former CIA agent who wrote the book:" The Economic Hitman" would clarify my point for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V
[/b]
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by biafranqueen: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
This doctor I can guarantee you she is not dead. In fact her name is a fake name and would not match the name of the Woman whose photo they are telling us is her.

Why don't someone prove me wrong and show me a facebook or twitter presence or even a mere web presence for this so called senior doctor that supposedly headed a department in a large Lagos hospital.

Shut me up by good by showing me a mere web presence for her prior to the Ebola crisis.
Can you please elaborate further on this ?
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 02, 2014
biafranqueen:
Can you please elaborate further on this ?
GenBuhari, go on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
This doctor I can guarantee you she is not dead. In fact her name is a fake name and would not match the name of the Woman whose photo they are telling us is her.

GenBuhari.

Ebola can be fought off by good public health practice....as seen in Nigeria where less than 400 people were affected, directly or indirectly by the virus....which was kept under control because we did the right things. Same as the US did (after a slow start) and as Uganda did....very well.

The reason why Ebola has gone out of control in Liberia, and company is because those countries do not have enough health workers as well as poor facilities and corruption is a way of life thanks to their resource dependent economies.It also spreads because sadly, (and even I as a medical doctor have seen it) some people do tell lies about their state of health.....largely because of embarrassment, or because of fear. However.....if proper public health measures are put in place....Ebola infestation will drop massively.

The work of Dr Adadevoh and others....and she does exist....has protected Nigeria from what would have been a worse situation. We did the right thing....and because of that, the situation was brought under control.

I am sorry that Ebola is not the evil plot you think it is (and contrary to popular opininon, Ebola is not manufactured....or do you think that the Flu virus which killed millions around the world in 1918..was manufactured.). For Ebola to be a manufactured virus....would require a Kardashev 5 type civilization....a civilization that can harness the power of stars for energy...which no one on Earth can do.It would also require an assumption that black genetics and immune systems are similar in every black man....and as Ebola has shown....a large percentage of people are genetically resistant to the virus....and there are black. Frankly....human genetic variability means that there is no such thing as a virus that eliminates every human on earth.

Sorry to burst your theory. I think that we need to work hard at ending corruption, resource dependency, and we need to focus on science and technology, and on improved pubilc health.....especially traininig more doctors, nurses, lab techies and so on. But to you Nigerians...hard work is just tooo boooring....let's tell the tales by the moonlight eh?

P.S- I take offence at your silly comment about the brave doctor. That was uncalled for........ and quite unlike you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2014
I don't see the point of awarding an Ebola victim such as Dr Adadevoh a hero status. It might be an award given out of guilt by Nigerians for having such a shitty healthcare system. The truth is, she is just one of the many victims of ebola and she is no hero. There is no thread of heroism in dying from a debilitating disease such as Ebola.

The true heroes are those who left the comfort of their homes, and made it possible for an anti Ebola medical response. Those who had to gear up everyday with the hazmats, attend to the victims at the risk of their own lives when the entire country felt it was a taboo. Those who had to track down the possible contacts about the country. Those who provided the funds to combat the disease. Those who worked tirelessly to find an immediate cure. There were those behind the mass media campaign to educate the masses of the dangers of ebola. These are the real heroes.

Probably because Dr Adadevoh was the only casualty amongst the elite, hence she was celebrated and mismasked as a hero.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by franksam2009: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2014
guys abeg wetin she do? y was she awarded this way? what was her achievements?
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Lilimax(f): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2014
^^^Fault finders embarassed embarassed
Make una repent!
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Kay17: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The work of Dr Adadevoh and others....and she does exist....has protected Nigeria from what would have been a worse situation. We did the right thing....and because of that, the situation was brought under control.

What sort of doctor would release a bleeding patient on to the streets?! It was a commonsense decision to detain Mr Sawyer.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2014
Kay17:
I don't see the point of awarding an Ebola victim such as Dr Adadevoh a hero status. It might be an award given out of guilt by Nigerians for having such a shitty healthcare system. The truth is, she is just one of the many victims of ebola and she is no hero. There is no thread of heroism in dying from a debilitating disease such as Ebola.

The true heroes are those who left the comfort of their homes, and made it possible for an anti Ebola medical response. Those who had to gear up everyday with the hazmats, attend to the victims at the risk of their own lives when the entire country felt it was a taboo. Those who had to track down the possible contacts about the country. Those who provided the funds to combat the disease. Those who worked tirelessly to find an immediate cure. There were those behind the mass media campaign to educate the masses of the dangers of ebola. These are the real heroes.

Probably because Dr Adadevoh was the only casualty amongst the elite, hence she was celebrated and mismasked as a hero.
Nice. I agree with your last sentence even more.
Re: Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. by charlesopp(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2014
Cool

...waiting to see an award presentation to the nurses that died for the same cause.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola Spread: What Nigerians Should Do / Faeces Take Over Premises Of Lagos General Hospital / Rotimi Akeredolu Self-Isolates, Cancels Official Engagements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.