Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. (2801 Views)

Car Scanning And Diagnostics. Fix that fault. / My Camry 2008 A/c / Bonanza!!!Auto Diagnostics and Scanning services. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by Ade6999: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello All, I need expect help.
I recently ran a diagnostics on my Toyota Camry 2008 and this was the result:

Code
B1901- Open in P/T Squib (RH) Circuit

C1241- Low or High Power Supply Voltage

Please can anyone Help with this.

I can be reached on 08097200142
Thanks.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by DECOtech(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
1. The P/T squib circuit (RH) consists of the airbag sensor assembly and seat belt pretensioner (RH). It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.

REMEDY; Repair or replace harness or connector between seat belt pretensioner (RH) and airbag sensor assembly.

Ade6999:

Code
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by DECOtech(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
1. The P/T squib circuit (RH) consists of the airbag sensor assembly and seat belt pretensioner (RH). It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.

REMEDY; Repair or replace harness or connector between seat belt pretensioner (RH) and airbag sensor assembly.

2. Low battery voltage

REMEDY: Check car battery, charging system or power source circuit

Ade6999:

Code
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by kkon(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
pls is it possible for a car windscreen to crack without any impact? and any idea on how much it will cost fix or get a replacement..tnks
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by DECOtech(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2014
kkon:
pls is it possible for a car windscreen to crack without any impact? and any idea on how much it will cost fix or get a replacement..tnks

Yes, it is possible.

If you have a faulty Chassis, driving over very uneven surfaces can crack your windshield. Especially when the vehicle is fully loaded.

911 tipper windshield cost N13k
Mitsubishi L300 windshield wld cost about N6k
Yamaha 195 windshield wld cost about N800

You should have told us what car you are driving +model year.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by AutosBay(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2014

There's a unit called a clockspring - and inside it there are wires that run inside a thin tape- like material. You most likely creased that tape which broke the wires to the squib. You will need to replace the clockspring- dealer item.

Source : http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/2jodd-code-means-b1901-open-inp-t-squib-d-sete-side-circuit.html

Codes "Possible Causes"

Harness is open or shorted

It means that the wire(s) connected from and to the component (sensor, solenoids, actuator, etc.) is either open (cut, broken, disconnected) or shorted (touching other wires, components, body)

Circuit poor electrical connection

It means that the component (sensor, solenoids, actuator, etc.) connector is not fully connected or is disconnected. Before replacing any components, try fully disconnecting the connector, reconnect and test the system or component again.

Faulty or Failed component

It means that the component it's more than likely the cause of the code and that needs to be replaced

Engine mechanical problems

When a code list as possible causes an engine mechanical problem, it means that the problem is not caused by electronic component, but rather by a mechanical component such as pistons, valves, mechanical pump

Source: http://engine-codes.com/articles/codes_possible_causes.php
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by kkon(m): 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
[quote
author=DECOtech post=28751995]

Yes, it is possible.

If you have a faulty Chassis, driving over very uneven surfaces can
crack your windshield. Especially when the vehicle is fully loaded.

911 tipper windshield cost N13k
Mitsubishi L300 windshield wld cost about N6k
Yamaha 195 windshield wld cost about N800

You should have told us what car you are driving +model year. [/quote] tnx for the update but please wat do u mean by faulty chasis and the car is camry 03 model
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by DECOtech(m): 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
kkon:
tnx for the update but please wat do u mean by faulty chasis and the car is camry 03 model

Cracked, weakened or broken Chassis

The Chassis is the skeletal frame on which a car body is built on. In modern vehicles, the chassis is built together with the body.

When the Chassis is weakened, cracked or broken, the vehicle body loses support/reinforcement in some areas and tends to bend and twist (not noticeably in most cases) along with the condition of the road surface on which the vehicle drives on.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Diagnostics Issues. by kkon(m): 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
[quote
author=DECOtech post=28829319]

Cracked, weakened or broken Chassis

The Chassis is the skeletal frame on which a car body is built on. In
modern vehicles, the chassis is built together with the body.

When the Chassis is weakened, cracked or broken, the vehicle body loses
support/reinforcement in some areas and tends to bend and twist (not
noticeably in most cases) along with the condition of the road surface
on which the vehicle drives on.[/quote] ok tnx any idea of the cost of replacement. its an 03 camry.

(1) (Reply)

Honda EOD Vs Camry Drop Light / Low Mileage Discussion Thread. / Honda Civic... Which Model Is The Best Within 2006- 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.