Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:26 PM

Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) (1668 Views)

Pencil Portrait Of Tiwa Savage / Nairalander Uses Toothpick To Make Crazy Art And Portrait / A Thread For Charcoal Portrait Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Joe88(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2014
In 2010, on the last day of the art-workshop in Delta state I promised her a portrait. She had been our model all through and I had always dreamt of capturing this beauty in Pastel. We lost contact ever since but her portrait which I painstakingly rendered with 'pastel on board' has remained with me. All efforts to reach her had met a wall. As I wake up each day, I always wish I could see her to fulfill my promise. Please admire this beauty and maybe it could reduce the burden.

2 Likes

Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 02, 2014
Photoshop
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Joe88(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2014
That is a portrait. Would you call Leonardo's 'Monalisa' a photoshoped picture or would you refer to his 'David' as engineered? Even photoshoped images can still be regarded as art because it involves creativity. However, that portrait of destiny is not Photoshoped
Lacomus:
Photoshop
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Tymax(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Joe88:
That is a portrait. Would you call Leonardo's 'Monalisa' a photoshoped picture or would you refer to his 'David' as engineered? Even photoshoped images can still be regarded as art because it involves creativity. However, that portrait of destiny is not Photoshoped
Don't mind him. Some people can't recognize strokes.
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by spywareczar(m): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tymax:

Don't mind him. Some people can't recognize strokes.
brace yourselves, one dumbass will come here and ask what software the OP used and the name of d effect grin
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Great painting. shocked

Some issues though:

- her right lower eyelid looks weird, the outer part (to the right side) is too pushed up.

- on her left eye, the top left side seems a little bulged.

Other than that, it's great.
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Joe88(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2014
Nathan2222:
Great painting. shocked

Some issues though:

- her right lower eyelid looks weird, the outer part (to the right side) is too pushed up.

- on her left eye, the top left side seems a little bulged.

Other than that, it's great.
Thanks a lot. You are very observant. I wish I can touch it one more time but it has been signed already. However, no art has the potential of being perfect, the artist can only strive towards perfection if he likes and since he is not God he can never achieve perfection but mastery. I appreciate your observation.
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Joe88(m): 7:35am On Dec 07, 2014
Joe88:
Thanks a lot. You are very observant. I wish I can touch it one more time but it has been signed already. However, no art has the potential of being perfect, the artist can only strive towards perfection if he likes and since he is not God he can never achieve perfection but mastery. I appreciate your observation.
to further buttress that, the sole essence of a portrait is not only to capture resemblance through perfection but also to capture the mood and personality of the subject. The picture below might explain better.

1 Like

Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Joe88(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2014

Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by stonecoldcafe: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Oh gosh she is so pretty. Thats a great painting
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Oyewolee(m): 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Thanks.
stonecoldcafe:
Oh gosh she is so pretty. Thats a great painting
Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
This is romantic cry

1 Like

Re: Only If I Could See Her To Fulfil My Promise (portrait Of Destiny) by Shugaryme(f): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Awww... Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phyno Animated Video Comin Soon / 2d And 3d Motion Cartoon / Detailed Photoshop Question And Answer Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.