Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? (3323 Views)

How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? / Why Do Humans Always Spit Out Saliva When We Percieve A Foul Ordour? / Why Do People Spit When They Smell Something Irritating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2014

So I was in a commercial vehicle this morning, we experienced a slight traffic congestion causing our vehicle to move slowly.

Suddenly, this ugly odour/odor from a drainage close-by messed up the whole atmosphere. Most people in the vehicle started spitting outside as if they swallowed the whole dirt unknowingly .
Haa, me i come dey wonder shaa, why is it alwayz so because i found myself doing that atimes.
Is it that will learned this from our older guyz or is it natural ??

Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by jessiecah(f): 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Its just a sign of disgust, nothing more
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
jessiecah:
Its just a sign of disgust, nothing more

Must it be expressed through spitting?
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Don't u knw wen u inhale bad odour it contaminate d spit in ur mouth
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Its a way of reacting to foul odour. For some, they feel like vomiting when they perceive such smell so they spit it out so that they could feel better.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
b1327:
Don't u knw wen u inhale bad odour it contaminate d spit in ur mouth

contaminate kee..
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Its a way of reacting to foul odour. For some, they feel like vomiting when they perceive such smell so they spit it out so that they could feel better.

hmmm. okay ..

but i think a deeper explanation..
why the brain alwayz send signal to the mouth or something
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Cwaya:

contaminate kee..
don't u feel it in ur mouth
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
b1327:
don't u feel it in ur mouth

Mbanu !
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Cwaya:

Mbanu !
dat brings dis adage in 1 man good habit is anoda mans bad habit
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lol I think in Nigeria, most people are conditioned over a period of time to react that way since almost everyone does it. It's not the case worldwide, certainly not the case here, remember Pavlov's dogs wink
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by okpismart: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
It's just a reflex action, no biggy!

[PHOTOS] Lil Wayne Gifts His 16-Year Old Daughter A Ferrari, BMW On Her Birthday
e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/1811-photos-lil-wayne-gifts-his-16-year-old-daughter-a-ferrari-bmw-on-her-birthday
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by kimond101: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Its reflex
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by blemon44(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
the odour that changed the atmospher do you like it?
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by sommyblaze(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Innodon(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
ask Google
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by OCTAVO: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Walahi, I don't know.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by dreydee(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
The brain transmit signals to the mouth,so you spit out out of reflex
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by igoro10: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
Can't laugh
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bad smell causes a flow of saliva to d mouth. So u experience to spit out d saliva.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bad odour causes a flow of saliva to d mouth. So u experience an urge to spit out d saliva.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by AlphaDibia(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Make I check.

F(x)= spit, where x = bad odour. Then F'(x) = 0

The two events don't corelate. People only wanna waste their saliva.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by PDF: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2014
Same way u salivate when u perceive a sumptuous aroma. The opposite is d case when the perception is quite odious.
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2014
xcelsia:
Lol I think in Nigeria, most people are conditioned over a period of time to react that way since almost everyone does it. It's not the case worldwide, certainly not the case here, remember Pavlov's dogs wink

Yeah ... LOL at pavlov's dog.. nice instance !!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2014
blemon44:
the odour that changed the atmospher do you like it?

of course no ?
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2014
dreydee:
The brain transmit signals to the mouth,so you spit out out of reflex

Hmmm. okay lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by blemon44(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2014
Cwaya:

of course no ?

Ok that's why you spit
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by Cwaya(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2014
blemon44:

Ok that's why you spit

Why must it be expressed through spitting? undecided
Re: Why Do People Always Spit When They Perceive Unpleasant Odour/odor ? by blemon44(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2014
Cwaya:

Why must it be expressed through spitting? undecided

It's like Google will help us here

(1) (Reply)

How Drinking Cold Water Might Be Killing You / Garriology 101: Are You A Garri Drinker? Then Read This. / Do All General Hospitals In Lagos Have Urologists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.