Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage (2493 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / What Bad Habits Do You Love?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Do you find yourself doing some 'sneaky-sneaky'__ hiding your payslip/bank alert from your spouse? avoiding intimacy? These habits go a long way in hurting your spouse...in the long run, the relationship. It' never too late to change.

Addiction:. Addiction on any level ___ social media, food, alcohol, drugs, shopping/ gambling – can/would affect the marriage.
Many couples are focused on their phones and not on each other. Your phone is not going to provide happiness and fond memories.

Avoiding S*x:. Intimacy is the bond holding a union together...So, if you find yourself making excuses for why s*x life has dwindled or is non-existent ___ that's a red flag.
Don't be too rigid, get more adventurous...there are so many things your spouse would want you to do(in the bed/bedroom), but might be scared to ask. Take up the initiative and ask.

Lack of communication:. Does every conversation have a way of metarmophosing into a fight?
Healthy communication is the ability to ask for what you need; don’t expect the other person to be a mind reader.
Stop assuming, learn to listen to each other.

Transferring aggression:. Having/had a bad day @work? That's not an excuse to pick a fight. Let your partner know it's a difficult day – he/she may step up and be more thoughtful and considerate than usual.

Financial infidelity: This is when one/both couple lie about their financial standing/expenses...it can be as damaging as s*xual infidelity.
Talk openly about your shared financial picture.

Letting a Third Party In:. Even if you're close to your parents and siblings, when it comes to your marriage_ draw a line. When you get married, you’re starting your own family – and your spouse comes first.
Always present a united front, and if there’s something you don't agree upon, don't undermine your partner in front of your family/his family/ friends...etc.

Fighting Unfairly: . When something bothers you, ask yourself how important the issue really is.If it’s crucial – and you must talk it out – bring it up as soon as possible to avoid built-up grudge(s) (avoid silent treatment...lol). Don't bring up past issues or claim to be right always.

Ruling out fun:. As much as things become uptight with kids and work, it's not advisable to rule out the fun things you guys did while courting or before having kids. Go on a dinner/vacation, just two of you.

Neglecting the little things:. everyone craves to be reassured of self-worth, bond and intimacy.
In your busy schedule, never forget to pass those lil compliments. Don't underestimate the power of tender/loving gestures.

[url]google.com[/url]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by holatin(m): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
noted !
to those wey wan marry, this for you and for you and you
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by busterr(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
smoking weed
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Well said!

**keeps page for future purposes**

Need to show my future wife this..
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Marriage counsellors everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
when i get married...

too many rules and guidelines. marriage na real institution
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by CBNIM: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
CalabarBoi:

too many rules and guidelines. marriage na real institution
Nobi small thing oo!
God help us sha!
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
So on point, Kachisbarbie...
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by bennyrazz: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
different strokes for different marriages
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
On point, mrs kachisbarbie.
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by mesoade(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hit like if you're not married but just came here to read comments

4 Likes

Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by prissyluv(f): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
Whoever is asking to know my account balance is simply asking me to lie.
I am not married though.
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Something tells me the Op sef isn't married. What an irony.
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice write up Edith
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by englishmart(m): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
nice write-up. Though there's no source, I can manage milk
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Dominionng(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Issokay!
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:
Something tells me the Op sef isn't married. What an irony.

lolz
I'm not married but I'm living with man.

2 Likes

Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz
Brilliant answer kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz

This one is strong. So why are you living with a man you aren't married to. Na wa oo,wonders shall never end
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by corisande: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
cool
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
mesoade:
Hit like if you're not married but just came here to read comments
Must you beg for likes? undecided undecided
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lack of MONEY!!!!!! kiss
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by mesoade(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Must you beg for likes? undecided undecided
read my post again,and tell me where i'm begging
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by zyzxx(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
U make sense op
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 04, 2014
Barbie this great!
If u practice all this then ur marriage should be heaven on earth smiley
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Crocz(m): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Lack of MONEY!!!!!! kiss

Why will you marry when you don't have the money?
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Another list.

Too many lists here,which should we apply?

Am confused.
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Points of Life!
Re: 9 (Bad) Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Crocz:

Why will you marry when you don't have the money?

To escape POVERTY! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Christian Men Are Sexually Disadvantaged In Marriage / Nephew(niece) Vs Cousin, Who Is Genetically Closer To A Person? / Advice Needed About Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.