Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? (15413 Views)

Nigerians Who Returned From Niger Queue For HIV/AIDS Test (photo) / Even The Orthopaedic Hospitals Will Reject This One ( Pic) / The Facts About Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
plendil:

That's where most people miss it. Gold circle is manufactured with the highest quality assurance standard available for the product; its cost however is subsidized in order to make it as accessible as possible. This has also made it difficult to make counterfeit condoms. I can tell you for fact it possibly one of the best brands available.

I use some myself and do know the lubricant is sufficient most of the time. The possible reasons for failure include:

Heat: this easily damages the condoms directly or could make the lubricant thinner and less effective. Thus storing in high temperatures (eg in a car, in the back pocket is discouraged.

Poor storage
again...one min with Durex no make sense.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nigerians have always been hypocrites. Y'all hypocrites! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by cao(f): 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
The first time I experienced this was when I was a student at the University of Birmingham on an AIDS day, guys & girls were handing out paper bags at our student unions, they kept giving me, I kept collecting - I had no idea, freebie na freebie. Then I decided to look, well I had amassed a considerable size of condoms, I had a nice laugh since I didn't have any use for them. Ended up giving them to a friend, I'm guessing they went to good use.

Now all these guys saying they won't take if it was a lady handing them out, sorry boys, get over it. Collect them, that's like me saying I won't buy any feminine products because a guy's at the counter, omo bone face, you need it, smile & collect, you could even start a conversation on how awkward this feels or give the knowing smile. At least, she knows you are concerned about your health.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by BE811APP: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:
I would accept a pack of free condoms. As long as the person who is offering it to me is not a lady, cos that would be so embarrasing heh.

Seun reminds me of my virgin days...
It's either u are still a virgin or...
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by 360command: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:
Everytime I visit the supermarket, I walk by the condoms on display. I would like to buy a pack but most of the cashiers are ladies, so I can't.
So Seun dey fvuk too?
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
Krystalxxx:

You and revenge eh...
You asked if the club is mad at you. No,it isn't. But your name and Royver's have been added to the runaway winners Hall of Fame. Lol

You can always sneak in and do the assignments. Lol
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by joseph1832(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
laykorn:

You asked if the club is mad at you. No,it isn't. But your name and Royver's have been added to the runaway winners Hall of Fame. Lol

Ayamlaykorn
Didn't know we have poet who went AWOL.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
laykorn:

Ayamlaykorn

Sure thing...abeg lemme stop derailing here
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by WildChild00(m): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
I remember while in school, whenever we had organizations come in to my faculty give aids lecture, at the end of which they would unfailingly give free condoms, I would watch in disbelief as my friends would reject the free condoms. These are guys who walked around with packs of condom and always had condoms in their purse.
Why would someone who goes around with condoms reject free condom. Is there anything bad in people knowing that one is sexually active

These boils down to being shy, there are some people who only go to the supermarket to get condoms, wen the place is less busy, are they look to their right, left, centre, to make sure their friends brothers, uncles, wifes friends, sisters or somebody that knows dem are not around the place, @ the time of purchase, otherwise, they will just be praying for the ground to open, so they could be swallow up.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by WildChild00(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
neoapocalypse:

C'mon that is just childish , buy what you have to buy , if she wan jump inside lagoon make she jump.
I walked into a chemist shop once to buy a condom and there was this young lady at the counter eating a bar of chocolate , she was like 19 - 23 ish , I simply asked for the type of condoms they have. She almost choked on her chocolate when I mentioned condoms but I didn't give a damn , haba we're adults

lol, dont be surprise the next time that 19-23yrs old girl go see you for public function, she will be tell her friends that, look @ that bros wen he come buy condom dat day for our shop... cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by EzeeYFB(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
No big deal oooo
Haba na condom ,wats der,na wa for my country pple,we too dey form for this country...
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Kasieze(m): 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Akpos be correct doctor

Doctor Akpos opened a new clinic. He wrote on it; Any treatment is 10,000 Naira, and if I cannot treat you, I will pay you 20,000 Naira. A man wanting the 20,000 Naira for himself, went to Akpos; Doctor, I can’t feel any taste. I lost my sense of taste. Akpos then ask one of his nurses to give him a few drops of medicine from box 22. Upon taking the drops, the man shouted; It is urine o o o! Doctor Akpos said; Congratulations, your sense of taste is back. The man was very angry that he lost his 10,000 Naira. He came back two weeks later, determined to get 20,000 Naira. He said to Doctor Akpos, I lost my memory. The Doctor Akpos smiled and called; Nurse! Please give this man some............................ http://www..com/view_joke.php?id=448 click to continue
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by mattkelly: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:
Everytime I visit the supermarket, I walk by the condoms on display. I would like to buy a pack but most of the cashiers are ladies, so I can't.

Now i see why our oga seun does not want to come out in the Public for everybody to see him..He is Damm Shy..really shy..

Now i get questions for you..Bros,shey una get girlfriend sha?Shey una dey sleep with woman sha?Abi how una take dey protect unaself?Abi na raw una dey do?Abi una just dey soappy nii?

Oya Confess now...
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by cokacoola(m): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
I remember when i was with my bros in lag. There is this man, he owns a shop at the front of our house and has four grown up daughters, anytime i went to his shop to buy condo, he will shake his head[in his mind na so so condom this jobless boy they buy] and me too will shake my head(in my mind, choi i go finish your daughters with wettin u dey always sell give me)
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
baba11:
What is the essence of giving free condoms?are they promoting promiscusity or abstinence....So if i took it,wouldn't i find somehow to use it....i believe they are marketing their products not minding degrading moral in our society...If you want to preach nay HIV,preach faithfulness to your spouse and abstinence.Why will you give someone condoms without asking his marital status...#Chai##SMH

Fact. Just coz people reject condoms don't mean they are hipocrites.

Not every one Is sexually active and lots don't promote premarital sex. So y collect one, who are you going to give it to? A married man? What does he need it for?

If a man sleeps with another man's wife, so shall it be done unto him. He should also not expect to marry one who has never had intercourse whilst hhe has done that with several chicks.
Karma is bitter.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by godwinkessi: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:

Lolz, so u prefer the thing flesh to flesh huh?
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by energylee(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
Wetin you dey use am do, na drawer for well or Christmas balloon? So far u collect am, u go get reason for the collection...
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Wallie(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
I think most guys are just shy of being put on the spot.

How many guys would walk into a supermarket in broad day light to go buy a feminine product (pads, tampons, Summer's Eve etc) for their lady friend?

How many guys would have a problem dropping their pants for a “coughing session” in front of a pretty female doctor?
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:
What do you use then? You are far too matured to be thinking that way. Please do the right thing, you never know when the devil lurks.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Bigwig1: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
I walk tall to d pharmacy to buy it,i don't care who's dre. I remba one day I got to d pharmacy bought Durex #300 d attendant doesn't ve #200 change cos I gave her #500,so I had to return it nd collect my money back. While tryin to bring out d money she said sorry oo I responded immediately dat sorry for wat? I will get it somewhere else.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by dabossman(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Seun:

Oga Seun, me I nor dey look their face o. I get my condoms when I go shopping for groceries, so I just pack it with other stuff. Once I empty out my cart onto the counter before the female check-out cashier, I'll just keep a straight face. Sometimes I even hold the cashier's gaze like "oya say something cheesy, make I reply you".

Funny thing is the girl I met at the checkout point at the supermarket this last weekend pointed to the picture of the feather on the durex box and was like "oga is it feathers that is inside?". She kept a straight face so I couldn't tell if she was yanking my chain, or if she honestly didn't know. I smiled and told her "no, they are contraceptives. She just nodded with the same straight face and continued scanning the barcodes on other items.

My wife won't pick it up though and I totally understand. I won't be too comfortable buying her sanitary towels either. Tried it before and felt all eyes were on me.
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by villareal15(m): 12:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Why would an adult be shy to accept condoms??
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by baba11(m): 1:13am On Dec 04, 2014
maclatunji:

An interesting submission.
thanks
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by baba11(m): 1:15am On Dec 04, 2014
maclatunji:
I think the problem with such a campaign is that it portrays people as being unable to control their sexual urges and must have sex when they should not.

So whilst many may be having such sex, they don't want to be found out.

Baba11's question to me points this out. His only options for me is either: "throw it away" or "use it". There are several other options:

1. Just keep it.

2. Use it for something else other than sex.

3. Give it to someone else (a married friend).

....I seconded this school of thought
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by baba11(m): 1:18am On Dec 04, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Bros, your head no correct grin.

You're kidding right?
Why u dey fear me

I no go beat u nah angry grin
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by kennikazi(m): 1:21am On Dec 04, 2014
bought my first condom today. the cashier was an old woman and she kept a face like she was pityin me. i dont care tho. used one tonite..
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by ddeola: 1:47am On Dec 04, 2014
People like to read meanings unnecessarily to things. If some people reject it them give to those who need them no b by force. Shikena !

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by jerflakes(m): 3:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Rexphobia:
I have nothing sensible to say.

Scratch that....

If you will like someone to anonymously drop a pack of latex (ruff rider and durex), at your door or under ur bed from time to time. Click like... In fact, I don't want like... Just share.

I hate buying condoms from the pharmacy too as the cashier and other customers need not imagine much. Them go dey look me like na me sin pass.

Make online stores like Jumia begin sell CD make man pikin fit order, nack punnani and free *holy.

I boy, you just dey do like the guy guy in that gif pic you uploaded. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 04, 2014
maclatunji:
I think the problem with such a campaign is that it portrays people as being unable to control their sexual urges and must have sex when they should not.

So whilst many may be having such sex, they don't want to be found out.

Baba11's question to me points this out. His only options for me is either: "throw it away" or "use it". There are several other options:

1. Just keep it.

2. Use it for something else other than sex.

3. Give it to someone else (a married friend).

Baba11 is quite right on that point IMO. You have to admit those are very awkward 'options'. If you're sexually active, take it. If you aren't, don't.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? by Akposy(m): 5:42am On Dec 04, 2014
Seun:
Xo u dy sex?? Tot u were a saint

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Condom Protect You From AIDS? / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! / Anambra Records First Coronavirus Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.