Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Abuse of Widows And Orphans - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abuse of Widows And Orphans (586 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / The Agonies Of Widows In Nigerian Culture / African Widows And Traditional Rites: What's Your Position? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse of Widows And Orphans by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
Why are widows and orphans abused in Africa? Aren't the children part of the extended family?
Re: Abuse of Widows And Orphans by Tuktuk: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
hmmmmmm my brother ask me ooo! simply because the bread winner is no more and or because of inheritance issues. They are considered 2nd class citizens. our peopleand theirmentality.
Re: Abuse of Widows And Orphans by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tuktuk:
hmmmmmm my brother ask me ooo! simply because the bread winner is no more and or because of inheritance issues. They are considered 2nd class citizens. our peopleand theirmentality.

Given this fact, why aren't the break winner prevent it from happening when they are still alife?
Re: Abuse of Widows And Orphans by Tuktuk: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
TheCongoMan:

Given this fact, why aren't the break winner prevent it from happening when they are still alife?
inmost cases evenwhen you plan,its not executed and besides people are generaly hypocrates.
Re: Abuse of Widows And Orphans by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tuktuk:
inmost cases evenwhen you plan,its not executed and besides people are generaly hypocrates.

Interesting that being orphan in Africa means loosing all type of support in addition to loosing a parent (bread winner).

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Re-write Our Culture / Fulaman Come In Here You Nomad / Who Wants To Play??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.