Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (984329 Views)

Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
~Pic 1 Front & Side View~

Hair was relaxed and cut into a bob. It was then coloured using Goldwell hair dye. Coloured wefts were bonded at the front of the hair to keep hair vibrant and fresh.

~Pic 2~Front & Side View~

Relaxed hair was coloured copper gold and jet black at the back for a two-tone effect. Curling irons were used to create curls at the top and Goldwell Diamond Gloss Spray added shine.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2008
~Pic 3~

Hair was relaxed then cut into a tapered do, keeping the fringe heavy. Black semi permanent colour and golden highlights were added to give more depth and shine.

~Pic 4 Front & Sideview~

Relaxed hair was cut into a spiky crop with a heavy fringe. Goldwell Mellow Goo was used to give more definition to the spikes and Goldwell Diamond Gloss Spray was used to give shine.

1 Like

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2008
~Pic 1~

Hair is double twisted, you can use extensions to add more hair then wrap and pin into style.

~Pic 2~

Hair is coiled and separated for volume. To style simply finger comb.

~Pic 3 ~

Instant locks can be braided onto your own hair if you haven’t got the patience to grow your own.

~Pic 4 ~

Braid hair at night using leave-in conditioner and comb out in morning.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2008
~Pic 1~

The stylist bonded black hair extensions into the model’s hair. The hair was then razor cut and combed to create the shape after tonging. White pieces of hair extension were added to complement the hair style.

~Pic 2 ~

The model’s hair was extended using black bonding pieces and was given a centre parting. The right side of the hair was straightened and the left side tonged to create ringlets. Blonde pieces were bonded on the left side of the hair to give the hair a hint of colour.

~Pic 3 ~

The model’s hair was canerowed on each side in squiggly patterns, with a quiff at the front section. The hair was then packed up into a bun, while the stylist bonded the rest of the hair with light blonde streaks.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:41am On Dec 02, 2008
~SoOoo Loving this New haircut!!

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:50am On Dec 02, 2008
~Rihanna Pixie Haicuts~

~ Pic 3 ~

Short sides and longer top sections create a nice shape to this style. It's a versatile look that can morph from conservative to edgy in a snap.

Easily achieved by smoothing top sections with a round brush or hot air brush. A bit of wax, putty, or pomade applied over the surface helps to hold everything in place.

~Pic 4 ~

This style is tweaked slightly on one side. All top lengths are directed forward when drying. The  smoothing techniques is using round brush or hot air brush will.  A bit of wax, putty, or pomade applied to rake through the hair to create separation.

1 Share

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2008
~More Infectious Rihanna Haicuts/Style ~

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2008
~ K.D Hubert Pic ~

Elongate hair in front with the illusions given by adding a little height to the top of her head.

~ Janet Jackson Pic ~

An incredible change can be brought to natural curly hair simply by applying a captivating color.  The chemicals in the hair dye will not only make your hair glisten with a bright, rich shade, it will also cause the curl to relax a little for an all new look, like this curly, copper coiffure demonstrated here by Janet Jackson.

~ Aisha Tyler ~

Bangs w/ loose curls

~ Vivica Fox Pic ~

This hairstyle on Vivica A. Fox is similar to this illustration in that curls were restructured taking tight, natural ones and turning them into larger, more loose coils.

1 Share

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:47am On Dec 02, 2008
~ Angela Basset Pic ~

Angela Bassett is wearing her hair in a high braided bun hairstyle.This hairstyle is tight and sleek and looks great. This braided bun hairstyle is perfect for weddings, proms or any special occasion!

~Alicia keys Pic~

This formal style features hair all brought up top dead center.  Pinned in place here, the remaining length is then designed in curls and 'swoops'

~ Janet Jackson Pic ~

A high updo hairstyle with bangs.The large bun her hair is in, is fastened high and looks very elegant while also giving her a hot chic look.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2008
~!~

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Natural~

1 Like

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2008
~Natural Coils & Locs~

1 Like

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by HRhotness(f): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
wow MC. . . great pics

i am all for d pixie myself. . . I had a disastrous cut about 2 months back. . . but with a few extensions, i look fab
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by ikamefa(f): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2008
woah! i though i was the only hair addict in here " grin "

i love natural hair best, but i've been known to switch it up a likkle with a good pixie wig " cheesy "

yes oh! if you aint gat it , wig it! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

rihannas new cut is awesome! cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2008
Dunno why people don't rihanna's cut, says it looks like a rooster
but i loff it! grin grin grin

Love the pixie cut too and Kelis's hair cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Riskie(f): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2008
Love the pics! I'm thinking of trying the pixie. Looks so cute! cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2008
iice:

don't know why people don't rihanna's cut, says it looks like a rooster
but i loff it! grin grin grin

Love the pixie cut too and Kelis's hair cheesy

~The Pixie is defo Hot !!When i let my hair grow,I really need to stay away from the clippers I fancy having the Kelis/Rihanna cut,its versatile enough to style either ways!!

~I reckon by the time my hair grows long enough to try it,i'd likely have changed my mind grin I might just consider what Ikamefe says "If you Aint Got It,Weave In Some Extensions" in my case  cheesy  me think its all too much hassle tho  undecided  much as i luff the haircut,the tonging,styling . . . .  undecided

~LOL @ Rooster!!
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
HR.hotness:

wow MC. . . great pics

i am all for d pixie myself. . . I had a disastrous cut about 2 months back. . . but with a few extensions, i look fab

~Ta.  kiss oh yeah,i recall you posting about that bad cut!! You sporting the pixie now?

Riskie:

Love the pics! I'm thinking of trying the pixie. Looks so cute! cheesy

~Thanks!! If you do decide to do the pIxie,You'll need a good stylist so they don't butch the cut!!  wink

~I reckon all the salons are having a buzz w/ "The Rihanna Cut" I very much doubt if they're advising people "it will look hideously atrocious if they do it" when they got the wrong face shape for the haircut!!Seriously,i have seen a couple of bad jobs on that haircut grin Some stylist wicked!!  cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
~ Pic 1,2 & 3 ~Inverted Bob

A sleek, Inverted Bob takes a classic style into this millennium. The cut is blunt around the back and abruptly changes to longer, choppy lengths toward the front. The asymmetry is a nice touch. Not too severe, just enough to add interest.

Run a flat iron over the surface to straighten the hair and really show off the texture in this cut . A bit of backcombing in the crown will create more volume.

A wax or putty will help to create a bit of separation and control any unruly hairs on the surface and around the face.

~Pic 4 ~Blunt Bob

The Blunt Bob rests just below the jaw.

The lash-skimming fringe draws attention to the eyes and face.

This styling is fairly simple - use a flat iron to smooth and straighten. It's getting the right haircut that is most important!!

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by evergreen6: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
I am def going for pixie for my next hairstyle. tongue grin
anywayz i love it on you girls kiss
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by smurf1(f): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2008
ever_green:

I am def going for pixie for my next hairstyle. tongue grin
anywayz i love it on the you girls kiss

LOL, u aint serious oh, grin grin grin

@ topic,

nice to see such a beautiful line up u got here , i love them all, cool
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
~Pic 1 ~

Pair side cornrow with sexy deep waves for a flirty and feminine, yet modern hairstyle

~Pic 2 ~

Long, straight hair looks fresh and flirty with the pinned up faux-bangs. Blow-dry with a flat-backed brush, pulling hair downward as you go. Polish ends by flat-ironing

~ Pic 3 ~

At this hairstyle, waves are more distinctive throughout the style, since they flow in the same direction.

~ Pic 4 ~

Loose waves are one of the most natural-looking style, not too wavy but not too straight, either. In some cases, spraying some water on the hair tames the style down nicely.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by DavidDylan(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2008
can a guy post here? smiley
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
DavidDylan:

can a guy post here? smiley

~ grin . . .Why Ever Not!! tongue
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2008
~Loving the Afro & Razor cut!!

~Pic 4 ~

Straw curls are obtained with small rollers, rods, or straws by wrapping the hair around tight so that the hair has lots of elasticity and volume. This style is very easy to wear and care.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2008

~ Pic 2 ~

When you've got thick strands with lots of natural blend, layers are the ideal way to bring out your hair's movement. Wrap around different sized hot rollers to accentuate curves and movement.

~ Pic 4 ~

Get the look temporarily by setting hair on a set of hot sticks or by twirling around a spiral iron. You'll have to set your iron on maximum heat to curl very coarse, thick hair.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Comfort86(f): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2008
MC, thanks for all the pics. Definitely styles to try!
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
Comfort86:

MC, thanks for all the pics. Definitely styles to try!

~It was a pleasure posting the pics Comfort86,am eager to try a couple of these hairstyles too,once my hair grows grin

~Y'll be sure to post pics if you come across any! wink
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Hauwa1: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
mohawkchic,
i love that
~Pic 3 ~

Instant locks can be braided onto your own hair if you haven’t got the patience to grow your own.

i have asked around many hair shops and they seem not to know about it. i have met hairdressers who do dreadlocks and yet no one could help me make it. they are all clueless or what.
i only met a lady who owns a salon. the sister knows how to do it. i went to her shop with a classmate who got dreads. she was persuading me to do dreads but i told her why dreads was not for me. she then went inside and brought an album to show me what she called Nulock. it is exact what you said in PIC 3. i have asked around but no one seems to have any idea of instant locks braided onto your own hair.

i remember the lady was saying i can leave it till like 2 to 3 months. . .that if i don't remove it, my hair will be locked.
anyway is there a special name for it, which hairstylist can do it, let me hear from you lady smiley
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2008
*Hauwa*:

mohawkchic,
i love that
~Pic 3 ~

i have asked around many hair shops and they seem not to know about it. i have met hairdressers who do dreadlocks and yet no one could help me make it. they are all clueless or what.
i only met a lady who owns a salon. the sister knows how to do it. i went to her shop with a classmate who got dreads. she was persuading me to do dreads but i told her why dreads was not for me. she then went inside and brought an album to show me what she called Nulock. it is exact what you said in PIC 3. i have asked around but no one seems to have any idea of instant locks braided onto your own hair.

i remember the lady was saying i can leave it till like 2 to 3 monthsthat if i don't remove it, my hair will be locked.
anyway is there a special name for it, which hairstylist can do it, let me hear from you lady smiley

~I have no idea what the name is,but if i do find out while browisng hair pics/mags online,i'll let you know!!
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2008
~ Pic 1 ~

Use a bright colour to highlight braid work

~ Pic 2 ~

Single Life Single plaits are twisted and knotted to form loops

~ Pic 3 ~

Long bugle beads add colour and sound to this hair

~ Pic 4 ~

Corn rows are mixed with silky twisted braids at the back and looser softer braids

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:12pm On Dec 06, 2008
Twisted, knotted or Casually Caught Up, Up-Dos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.