Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (56068 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by AdeniyiA(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Ok,I will change it to one full calendar year then but the person must be an active member with at least 200 posts
don't you think unemployment could have limited the number of posts?

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by gideonedwards(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
OK
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Fuccking Competition angry we talking money and u are shouting $100

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by InvertedHammer: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:
I just thought of blessing someone this Christmas season and I thought what better people than the youths of our nation suffering under corrupt leadership with empty unfulfilled promises.
It's not much
Just $100 only
I tried doing this many years ago but it didn't get much support

CFCfan,berem and Cococandy can you help me be the judges

[size=18pt]Selection criteria[/size]

1) You must reside in Nigeria

2).Your handle must have been registered on nairaland for at least one full calendar year with up to 200 posts or more to qualify
If you have a job please don't bring bad fortune on yourself by claiming to be unemployed.

3) Write a short story here ( not more than 250 words) titled " An event in my childhood that impacted me greatly"
Please make sure to edit your spellings and get your tenses right,no bad English please,it will affect the decision.

4) You must also tell us at the beginning of your story what university,polytechnic or college of education you graduated from and what course you studied,with a picture of your certificate as an attachment to your short story.( please cover your name)

[size=18pt]
Applications without meeting all the criteria will be thrown out.[/size]

The winner will be announced on December 14th and the award given on December 16th

Let the stories begin
/

All these criteria for $100.

You harsh o!

God forbid you have to hire someone for a permanent position, you will demand an arm and a leg. cool cool cool

And you had the effrontery to call it a Gift.

\

30 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by tyson99(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
ayam not an unemployed graduate but I will participate because I broke gan Walai grin

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Most certainly the more money the merrier so we can have first and second prices or even third
How much are you thinking?
I think the certificate posting doesn't sound good. What do you think?

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
saaedlee:
Its her money so she can decide what to do with it. If only youths can learn to be his/her brother's keeper, Nigeria will go a long way!

Keep it up babyosisi!!

See me o
Our people are very tough wallahi

5 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by cupidhero(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
men!
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
I think the certificate posting doesn't sound good. What do you think?

Is there a way of knowing who owns a certificate when the name or registration number on it is blocked?
That's the only proof the person is a graduate,if not anyone can write a story and post and it will defeat the purpose.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
grin grin grin

Osisi ezenwanyi anyi n'ekele oo

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Dreyl(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Dreyl(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lol $100 not even $10000.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by eunisam: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi inasmuch as i support this thread, I do not support the idea show your certificate.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
@babyosisi,

This is cool but the criteria aint cool.

An essay of 250 words? for 100 dollars? kinda weird.

First thing first, open the competition to everybody, so no need for certificate verification. People working will most likely not take the money but nominate someone else.

more like a poem, not necessarily an essay, 250 words? that's too much too.

just wondering if unemployed teenagers will blow their cover for 100$
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by UniqueGem(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lol!! So much for a mere $100.
What hurts me is that at the end, they'll treat my entry and many others the same way etisalat treated my entry in the flash fiction competition. Naija will never change.
#SheActuallyCallsItAnXmasGift, I call it MOCKERY.

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
ZUBY77:

That's how you identify black hearted bastards.. They always curse and rant and threaten before editing someone a kobo..

OP, next time, send your money to motherless babies. They are the identified unemployees.

When I donate money, I donate money. I don't expect people to work for the money and I don't make them share their private lives, certificates and problems with the whole world. This is what donations are about. Giving without expecting ANYTHING in return.

Apart from that, when I choose to give money to the less fortunate then I don't want other people to know it.

20 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by justi4jesu(f): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Is there a way of knowing who owns a certificate when the name or registration number on it is blocked?
That's the only proof the person is a graduate,if not anyone can write a story and post and it will defeat the purpose.

Nice work dont mind all these haters on nairaland.

What if they send the certificates to you instead of posting it openly?
eunisam:
babyosisi inasmuch as i support this thread, I do not support the idea show your certificate.

If everyone feels that way,I keep my $100, it's not by force

6 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Joshkid(m): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Unemployed??...Am employed sO i don't fink am qualified for d Competition
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by fireforfire: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
ZUBY77:

That's how you identify black hearted bastards.. They always curse and rant and threaten before editing someone a kobo..

OP, next time, send your money to motherless babies. They are the identified unemployees.

heheheheh y u dey para like dis na? Sofry plz
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by fireforfire: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
niceeric:
looooooool......this is really funny!!!!...this thread finally made me laugh today lol

are u sure u won't need their birth certificates too before u can giv then the 100dolls looooooooool
heheheheh
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by niceeric(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

If everyone feels that way,I keep my $100, it's not by force
please keep it or be nice to the motherless babies lol

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Gboliwe: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:

Ok,I will change it to one full calendar year then but the person must be an active member with at least 200 posts

Also, please do change the "Youth" to read "Graduate" since its strictly for graduates.
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by justi4jesu(f): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
ZUBY77:

That's how you identify black hearted bastards.. They always curse and rant and threaten before giving someone a kobo..

Oga pls match brake. Why calling someone a bastard now! Ha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
The op is a famous Yoruba hater and a renowned tribalist! My Yoruba people should avoid this pleaseeeee. However, what the op is doing is a good initiative. I must acknowledge that.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by tyson99(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
I spent 150 dols for iya nkechi bar alone yesterday I go come dey write essay cos of 100dols,when no be say I wan rewrite WAEC
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Airforce1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Keep your money

I no do
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by slap1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
How many years unemployment experience is required?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by HerexG(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I like the idea of giving someone money out of charity but I don'T like how you go on about it.

If you want to help someone or make someone happy, then just find someone and give him or her money. Why do you have to make a competition out of it? Why would you make them write an essay on their childhood experience? Why would you want them to admit online and for everyone to see that they are unemployed?

Don't you expect too much information for a 100 bucks?

I really do not see how it is a Christmas gift if they have to do all this and most of them will get nothing at the end.

Abeg leave the lady joor ! The move is worthy of emulation, at least she is waking up the creative spot of our youths, awakening their intellectual ability unlike most multinational company that would invest only on some crappy music talent hunt.

More grease to ur elbow ma'am, well done.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

After Spending Millions For Your Daughter's Wedding(photo) / If You Don't Have This Type Of Aunty In Your Family, Then You're Missing Alot / Man Caught, Beaten To Pulp For Peeping At Neighbour's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.