Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian (2459 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
1)Why do we have So many evils in this world. But God is a good God why does he allow evil,why can't he just end all this sufferings once and from all?

2)Why does God give me sexual urge as early as the age of 11 and forbid me from exercising it before marriage, why can't God make man/woman have sexual urge like after the age of 21 So that by then we would be matured enough and fornication won't be as high as it is now.

3)Why don't God communicate with everyone instead of using the Bible that is long boring and difficult to understand, why should there be Bible anyway when he(God) can tell us whatever he wants to tell personally.

4)why don't God answer all my prayers after promising to answer all my prayers in the Bible,he didn't give any conditions for answering prayers So why isn't he?

5)Why does God get angry when I sin,he is omniscience, whatever I do shouldn't come as a surprise to him So I see no reason why he should be angry when he already knows I would sin.

6)God made women beautiful and sexy,So why does he instruct me not to be lustful,he should have made them ugly and unappealing if he didn't want me to lust in the first place.

7)Where did God come from? Who created God since nothing can come from nothing,God must definitely come from something, God can't create himself,it's impossible So who created God,and who created the entity that created God,and who created the entity that created the entity that created God,and So on like that.

coolDoes this universe have end,how does the end look like? If not,how come? Is it possible to have a container with endless volume,what is outside the universe if it has an expanding end.

9)what does God look like? Does he take the shape of a human? Is he shapeless? Where is the spiritual realm? Is it outside the universe?

10)If God created the universe why is he So wasteful,he created millions of galaxies, our galaxy inclusive,with each galaxy having millions of planets
,just because he wants to create an earth with humans occupying an insignificant place in the universe, is he So wasteful?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by holatin(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
so many question
no answer
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by dein77(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:
1)Why do we have So many evils in this world. But God is a good God why does he allow evil,why can't he just end all this sufferings once and from all?

2)Why does God give me sexual urge as early as the age of 11 and forbid me from exercising it before marriage, why can't God make man/woman have sexual urge like after the age of 21 So that by then we would be matured enough and fornication won't be as high as it is now.

3)Why don't God communicate with everyone instead of using the Bible that is long boring and difficult to understand, why should there be Bible anyway when he(God) can tell us whatever he wants to tell personally.

4)why don't God answer all my prayers after promising to answer all my prayers in the Bible,he didn't give any conditions for answering prayers So why isn't he?

5)Why does God get angry when I sin,he is omniscience, whatever I do shouldn't come as a surprise to him So I see no reason why he should be angry when he already knows I would sin.

6)God made women beautiful and sexy,So why does he instruct me not to be lustful,he should have made them ugly and unappealing if he didn't want me to lust in the first place.

7)Where did God come from? Who created God since nothing can come from nothing,God must definitely come from something, God can't create himself,it's impossible So who created God,and who created the entity that created God,and who created the entity that created the entity that created God,and So on like that.

coolDoes this universe have end,how does the end look like? If not,how come? Is it possible to have a container with endless volume,what is outside the universe if it has an expanding end.

9)what does God look like? Does he take the shape of a human? Is he shapeless? Where is the spiritual realm? Is it outside the universe?

10)If God created the universe why is he So wasteful,he created millions of galaxies, our galaxy inclusive,with each galaxy having millions of planets
,just because he wants to create an earth with humans occupying an insignificant place in the universe, is he So wasteful?

Then you got angry and became an atheist. You think you ve solved the situation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Then you got angry and became an atheist. You think you ve solved the situation?

Yes it has to me. Realizing there is no God reduces the confusion. And it doesn't make me think Zoe tribe are naked because every member are sexually close to each other. grin

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Idrismusty97(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Being a theist doesn't solve it either. Not everyone who are angry at god are atheist. You may call them Apatheists.

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes it has to me. Realizing there is no God reduces the confusion.

This hasnt solved any problem. You are just living in self deceit. At the end of the day you ll still face God.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by dein77(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

This hasnt solved any problem. You are just living in self deceit. At the end of the day you ll still face God.

There's no escaping it.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
After i became an atheist the questions were not solved but i have peace with myself because i hav no reasons to border myself with them

4 Likes

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by theunusualmoon(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes it has to me. Realizing there is no God reduces the confusion. And it doesn't make me think Zoe tribe are naked because every member are sexually close to each other. grin
You still havn't given up on this Zoe tribe thing?
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Being a theist doesn't solve it either. Not everyone who are angry at god are atheist. You may call them Apatheists.

I agree but being an atheist is rather a horrible choice. A journey of self deceit.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

You are living in self denial, there is no afterlife you only have one life to live,the concept of afterlife is a pagan practice borrowed into Christianity ,open your eyes and live your life to the fullest stop denying yourself the enjoyment of life,once you die you won't even remember a thing,you won't be conscious of anything,from non existence you came,to non existence shall you return,that's the sad truth.

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
theunusualmoon:

He is acting out his age. I'm not surprised. He cant do better than this.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

You are living in self denial, there is no afterlife you only have one life to live,the concept of afterlife is a pagan practice borrowed into Christianity ,open your life and live your life to the fullest stop denying yourself the enjoyment of life,once you die you won't even remember a thing,you won't be conscious of anything,from non existence you came,to non existence shall you return,that's the sad truth.

I pity you. When you die and see how you have deceived yourself, you will remember you were warned but you refused to heed to the warning and you wont have any excuse to give. Repent now before it is too late. May God help you.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
theunusualmoon:

No I won't,because it's only a stupid person that would say the Zoe tribe are all sexually close to each other that's why they are unclad,and you agreed with him. This is one of the reasons why I am against religion.
[size=15]religion completely kills the common sense angry angry[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
PAUL in 2nd corinthians 4:3 says that if our gospel is hid ,it is hid to them that perish

2 Likes

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

I pity you. When you die and see how you have deceived yourself, you will remember you were warned but you refused to heed to the warning and you wont have any excuse to give. Repent now before it is too late. May God help you.

[size=15]Christians are cowards,they are worshiping God out of fear of hell fire and not because they are convinced, I am not a coward,I am not scared of your hell, hell is for those that believe it,you think God would be Happy at your cowardly act of believing him out of fear? Bloody cowards[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

No I won't,because it's only a stupid person that would say the Zoe tribe are all sexually close to each other that's why they are unclad,and you agreed with him. This is one of the reasons why I am against religion.
[size=15]religion completely kills the common sense angry angry[/size]

You must always lie to drive your points. How foolish. Instead you to blame your stu.pidity on your low brain that lacked understanding of what i said you resorted to lies even when some other people there had already understood my point. You are really a pathetic case.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Idrismusty97(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

I agree but being an atheist is rather a horrible choice. A journey of self deceit.
Says a theist. Which of these two is really on a journey of self deceit? Look at it critically. Well atheism isn't. Just like mynairatime said "You would have peace within yourself". The existence or nonexistence of god doesn't make any difference in the world. Then why waste your time believing on a useless being? Now you see who is "on a journey of self deceit"? As an atheist you don't have to blame the devil for your failures or say stuffs like "It happens for a reason" blahblah...You don't have to credit a sky daddy for your success either. You create your own heaven on earth if you so wish, We only have one life to live...Make it count!

Theists have to believed in delusional things like "Karma" to console themselves and give themselves a reason why they are in a pathetic situation. Have you ever wonder why religion strives and grow faster among the poorest?(I am not saying the rich or rich nations don't believe in a deity BTW).

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

You must always lie to drive your points. How foolish. Instead you to blame your stu.pidity on your low brain that lacked understanding of what i said you resorted to lies even when some other people there had already understood my point. You are really a pathetic case.

Ohhh shutup, tell me where it is in the Bible that Adam and Eve were later used to seeing each other unclothedness then we would know who the unrepentant liar is angry
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Idrismusty97:

Says a theist. Which of these two is really on a journey of self deceit? Look at it critically. Well atheism isn't. Just like mynairatime said "You would have peace within yourself". The existence or nonexistence of god doesn't make any difference in the world. Then why waste your time believing on a useless being? Now you see who is "on a journey of self deceit"? As an atheist you don't have to blame the devil for your failures or say stuffs like "It happens for a reason" blahblah...You don't have to credit a sky daddy for your success either. You create your own heaven on earth if you so wish, We only have one life to live...Make it count!

I am not expecting you to tell me that atheism is a horrible choice. You answered what i expected from you. You can carry on with whatever you want. At the end you will see if you were right or wrong.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Idrismusty97:

Says a theist. Which of these two is really on a journey of self deceit? Look at it critically. Well atheism isn't. Just like mynairatime said "You would have peace within yourself". The existence or nonexistence of god doesn't make any difference in the world. Then why waste your time believing on a useless being? Now you see who is "on a journey of self deceit"? As an atheist you don't have to blame the devil for your failures or say stuffs like "It happens for a reason" blahblah...You don't have to credit a sky daddy for your success either. You create your own heaven on earth if you so wish, [size=16]We only have one life to live...Make it count![/size]

^^^that is my gospel

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

Ohhh shutup, tell me where it is in the Bible that Adam and Eve were later used to seeing each other unclothedness then we would know who the unrepentant liar is angry

Still blame your low brain for not seeing the answer in that thread. I gave you all your answers but quite unfortunate your low brain couldnt see it but those around saw it and even confirmed they ve understood me. You are really a disgrace to atheism that claims intelligence.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by theunusualmoon(m): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
@ Dapo777
1.Why do we have So many evils in this world. But God is a good God why does he allow evil,why can't he just end all this sufferings once and from all?
God gave man the free will so we won't be like robots.....the evil you experience today is as a result of man made choices.

You are eleven.....how do you know what you're experiencing is sexual urge and not puberty......Could it be that you were exposed to movies that were a bit too matured for you as a child? If that was the case then don't blame GOD for that.
GOD communicates with you every second but your heart is else where
How come your parents didn't buy you candies each time you asked?

It's rather unfortunate that you chose not to chain down your daughter despite the fact that you know her late nights may get her pregnant

Do you lust over your beautiful siblings?

Does this universe have end,how does the end look like? If not,how come? Is it possible to have a container with endless volume,what is outside the universe if it has an expanding end.
If GOD was created then he wouldn't be called GOD

You were created in his image

That's to tell you the length at which GOD is willing to go just for you and I.

3 Likes

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Still blame your low brain for not seeing the answer in that thread. I gave you all your answers but quite unfortunate your low brain couldnt see it but those around saw it and even confirmed they ve understood me. You are really a disgrace to atheism that claims intelligence.

Argumentum ad hominem, answer my question. Where is it in the Bible that Adam and Eve later got used to each others unclothedness. If you can't show me where it is in the bible ,then it means you are shameless liar,the best thing you can do is attack me (Argumentum ad hominem) rather than prove your show us the liar that you truly are. One would think this man moves about his room naked because he is used to his wife seeing his unclothedness. Ode. angry
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
theunusualmoon:
@ Dapo777
1.Why do we have So many evils in this world. But God is a good God why does he allow evil,why can't he just end all this sufferings once and from all?
God gave man the free will so we won't be like robots.....the evil you experience today is as a result of man made choices.

You are eleven.....how do you know what you're experiencing is sexual urge and not puberty......Could it be that you were exposed to movies that were a bit too matured for you as a child? If that was the case then don't blame GOD for that.

It's rather unfortunate that you chose not to chain down your daughter despite the fact that you know her late nights may get her pregnant

Does this universe have end,how does the end look like? If not,how come? Is it possible to have a container with endless volume,what is outside the universe if it has an expanding end.

That's to tell you the lenght at which GOD is willing to go just for you and I.

lmao... see funny answers.. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

Does marriage solve the problem? How about married men who commit adultery. How about single guys who sleeps around with girls even when they have a girlfriend who is giving them se.x(including you)?

Dapo777:

God does not get angry when you sin rather when you sin and refuse to repent or when you enjoy sinning and make it a way of life.

Dapo777:

If your sisters are created ugly would you be happy? If your daughter is ugly would you be ok with it? Again how would you define ugly without beauty. If all women were created ugly, you would ve still seen them as attractive because there would ve been no beauty to define the ugly.

Dapo777:

You are the one calling it a waste. To God who created them, they are not a waste. They have purposes they are serving. That you are not aware of the purposes they are serving doesnt mean they are a waste.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:

Argumentum ad hominem, answer my question. Where is it in the Bible that Adam and Eve later got used to each others unclothedness. If you can't show me where it is in the bible ,then it means you are shameless liar,the best thing you can do is attack me (Argumentum ad hominem) rather than prove your show us the liar that you truly are. One would think this man moves about his room naked because he is used to his wife seeing his unclothedness. Ode. angry

If you cant find the answers in what others have found answers then it shows how foolish and shameless you are.
honourhim:

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
theunusualmoon:
@ Dapo777

So God doesnt care about the freewill of the person upon whom the evil is done,he is making the evil doer exercise his freewill against the freewill of the surferer. God supports evil doers.

What is this one saying,So puberty isn't signified by sexual urge,has religion completely wiped your biology knowledge?

Because my parents didn't promise to give me all I want when I want it,God promised to do So,but he failed to keep his promise.

No correlation,doesn't apply,another evil effect of religion,it kills reasoning.undecided

No correlation. Haven't you heard of ince.st? Again this is religion killing your common sense.

That doesn't answer the question. Who created God?

Because the Bible says So,later they would say Christians arent robots.

That's to tell you the lenght at which GOD is willing to go just for you and I.
This reply got me laughing real hard,So he is wasteful because he wants to show us he can go any length for us? WOw

2 Likes

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
It's funny how christians cook up excuses for god,now I am convinced that they are the God they serve. That's is why they always defend God,fight for God,get angry at those who ridicule God because they are God,if God exist he would do what the Christians are doing on his behalf.

This thread just confirms this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1987558/now-believe-god-real-evidence

1 Like

Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by honourhim: 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dapo777:
It's funny how christians cook up excuses for god,now I am convinced that they are the God they serve. That's is why they always defend God,fight for God,get angry at those who ridicule God because they are God,if God exist he would do what the Christians are doing on his behalf.

This thread just confirms this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1987558/now-believe-god-real-evidence

And if somebody abuses your father before you, you will be happy and even be clapping for the person? You reason so foolishly. Honestly you need serious help. I pity you.
Re: The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

And if somebody abuses your father before you, you will be happy and even be clapping for the person? You reason so foolishly. Honestly you need serious help. I pity you.

That is my father someone I have seen and I know very well. I am talking about a sky daddy you have never seen,don't know what he looks like etc,Why do you defend someone you have never seen,someone you don't even know he looks like,what he sounds like. The only answer is, YOU ARE GOD. THAT IS WHY YOU GET HURT WHEN I TALK BADLY OF HIM,YOU ARE GOD. YES YOU ARE GOD. IF YOU WEREN'T GOD WHAT I AM DOING NOW SHOULDN'T GET YOU ANGRY AT ALL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All Who Believe In Soul Sleep- Jehovah's Witnesses,SDAs Et All / Three Reasons Why Religious Crisis Is Always Occurring In Nigeria / Role Of The Pastor In Evangelism -an Encounter With Pastor David Oyedepo [jnr]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.