Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin (13836 Views)

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa / Tola Oyediran, Obafemi Awolowo's Eldest Daughter Revealed (pic) / Koye Olu Ibukun The ECOWAS DIPLOMAT Who Moved Ebola To Port Harcourt Photo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by nigeria6: 1:40am On Dec 02, 2008
He gave their names as Leke Akande, 23; Tola Odusola, 20; and Ibukun Oluwatosin Akinjogbin, 23.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200812022532254
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by tpia: 1:56am On Dec 02, 2008
Is the full list out yet?

May they all RIP.

the people (and their sponsors) who did this must not go scot free.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by SisiJinx: 1:59am On Dec 02, 2008
Why are you doing this? They died in the mayham. . . like some Igbos, some Hausas, some Efik, some Tivis, some Young, some old. A lot of PEOPLE DIED in this horrible and unfortunate incident, so why single out the Yorubas from the others? Are some people's lives more important than others? We are condemning a certain group for being myopic, seeing only their own as important while doing the exact same thing.

May ALL their souls rest in peace.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by tpia: 2:05am On Dec 02, 2008
profiteers must always profit from mayhem. Its what they plan and keep themselves in readiness for.

Until karma bites them in the behind.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by DavidDylan(m): 2:09am On Dec 02, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Why are you doing this? They died in the mayham. . . like some Igbos, some Hausas, some Efik, some Tivis, some Young, some old. A lot of PEOPLE DIED in this horrible and unfortunate incident, so why single out the Yorubas from the others? Are some people's lives more important than others? We are condemning a certain group for being myopic, seeing only their own as important while doing the exact same thing.

The issue the paper he referenced addressed was corpers only. It so happened the 3 of them are yoruba. Nothing to do with tribe.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by redsun(m): 2:15am On Dec 02, 2008
The story of the corpers is pathetic,the people are dumb,they are not humans and unfortunately the same dumb state is nigerian leadership today,from top to bottom.

Any country that fronts religion as a banner is devoid of common sense and reasoning and it is bound to fail,america was almost entering that realm in bush's era with the catastrophic results the world is living with today
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by QuotaSyste(m): 2:52am On Dec 02, 2008
Yorubas, you people are fools. You are now listing up your people's victims names for what reason exactly? Were awusas not your partners in crime against the Igbos? Were they not your masters whom you were so loyal to and served with all might? So, why cry now that the senseless killing have affected your people, First of all, may i ask what those names you listed were they doing in northern nigeria? Is Jos a Yoruba land? Why didn't they and other Yorubas stay back in Yoruba land instead of visiting northern nigeria? You Yorubas should know better by not visit any other place outside of Yoruba areas. Nonsense.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:18am On Dec 02, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Yorubas, you people are fools. You are now listing up your people's victims names for what reason exactly? Were awusas not your partners in crime against the Igbos? Were they not your masters whom you were so loyal to and served with all might? So, why cry now that the senseless killing have affected your people, First of all, may i ask what those names you listed were they doing in northern nigeria? Is Jos a Yoruba land? Why didn't they and other Yorubas stay back in Yoruba land instead of visiting northern nigeria? You Yorubas should know better by not visit any other place outside of Yoruba areas. Nonsense.

You are an evil genius, Have you ever considered being a war-lord?
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by arramyjay: 4:07am On Dec 02, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Your brain is seperated from your mind.  The posters reasons for listing names is to show that it is a little about the southners,Oh hush it you see why i wrote that your brain is seperated from your head,Ok i give you an example,you asked whatt they were doing in jos right? He was doing his nysc,Brat they didnt apply to be thrown there,The general idea about nysc is that they get to mix with other tribe aleast live there own tribe and learn about others.
But wait you are ,  obviously, you didnt make it to that level.
You are a disgrace to our igbo land. undecided undecided
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by naijaking1: 4:47am On Dec 02, 2008
May their souls RIP. I'm sure there must be Igbo, Hausa, Edo, Ijaw, Berom NYSC members also killed in this inferno.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by MaiSuya(m): 7:49am On Dec 02, 2008
To all those who innocently lost their lives in these senseless killings, whatever tribe they may be, may their souls rest in peace. My deepest condolences to the families of the deceased NYSC members.  cry cry
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2008
QuotaSyste:

First of all, may i ask what those names you listed were they doing in northern nigeria? Is Jos a Yoruba land? Why didn't they and other Yorubas stay back in Yoruba land instead of visiting northern nigeria? You Yorubas should know better by not visit any other place outside of Yoruba areas. Nonsense.

If you had brains, you'd have seen that they were NYSC corps members who were posted to the North to serve their country.
But you lack common sense.
Congratulations, you've just won the retard of the month award. This award also comes with N500 cash prize which you can use to purchase 'Queen Primer' so you can learn how to read.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by RedHotChic(f): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2008

Only a skewed mind will forget the subject matter and seek for the unseen tribalsm within. The guy listed 3 names he could garner and here you are attacking him instead of feeling for the families involved. I am not even sure you are not among those that wielded their machetes against these innocent yoruba boys because I don't trust any of these 'ubanka' people. Yes, they are yorubas and lost their lives unjustly. I can see how you feel for the igbos, ibibios and others, after all they haven't been killed by your kinsmen before undecided

Just give me any reason no matter how daft on why these boys were slaughtered like salah ram?. They had men they call dad and women they call mum, they had people they call brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts who love them dearly. together, these people raised them, paid through their noses for their tuition and all that effort rendered useless in one day by one untamed Hausa almajiri. Can you believe that?. They were not even a member of any political party, they were not indigenes, they were not even rich enough to be robbed, they were just there to answer their national call. Why couldn't they chop off their feet instead? . They, in their infinite wickedness decided to unleash the very terror that is their trade mark. It's all good.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 02, 2008
It's barbaric. Made me recall how I served in the core North, and imagine how my dear parent will feel if I didn't come back.
My heart goes out to the family of the slained corpers!!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by ow11(m): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2008
When a phantom rape of corps members in ND was announced, people shouted to high heavens and some demanded the full might of the military against the Ijaw village were the 'crime' was committed but now Hausa militants have reigned and killed corp members and no one is talking about arresting or bombing out Jos to bring out the militants. Hausa militants claim they are upset about election results, so are all the southern Nigerians living in Jos responsible for the nonsense? Is Yaradull not a Hausa PDP man? They should send ARMY BATALLIONS FROM THE SOUTH TO GO AND BOMB OUT ALL THE MILITANT HIDEOUTS IN JOS!! Afterall if this mayhem happened in PH, Hausa soldiers would be sent to PH to kill and maim the remaining people in the town.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by scottN(m): 8:43am On Dec 02, 2008
I seem 2 b sensing a replay of the Jos Killings here in this forum!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by QuotaSyste(m): 9:03am On Dec 02, 2008
shegirl71:

Your brain is seperated from your mind. The posters reasons for listing names is to show that it is a little about the southners,Oh hush it you see why i wrote that your brain is seperated from your head,Ok i give you an example,you asked whatt they were doing in jos right? He was doing his nysc,Brat they didnt apply to be thrown there,The general idea about nysc is that they get to mix with other tribe aleast live there own tribe and learn about others.
But wait you are , obviously, you didnt make it to that level.
You are a disgrace to our igbo land. undecided undecided

Orobo dirty, you are even idiotice than the complainant. He wouldn't have cared to post this nonsense if the NYSC victims where Igbos. It is not by force to serve in the NYSC in an area that you do not wish to serve. Many are posted were they do not wish and they reject it out rightly. Why didn't your Yoruba brothers reject serving in the north? My question again, ewu, what were they doing in northern nigeria? Can't Yoruba area contain them? You case is pathetic olodo. Stop crying more than the bereave.

Good that you Yorubas are feeling the pinch of the craziness of your masters whom you served and helped to kill the Igbos en mass and still serving until today because of the unfounded fears that you have about the Igbos. I never see you idiots complain in the past when those morons were hacking Igbos to death in numbers. Rather most of you were asking what were Igbos doing in the north and why can't Igbo ply their businesses in just eastern nigeria.

Why weren't you raising the same question now? The most idiot amongst you all, RedHotChick was even proposing just 3 days ago (not knowing then that Yorubas were among those hacked to death) that Igbos should be taxed higher than others to help take care of the education of the almajiris. Do you see her warped reasoning of solution when the same northerners are the thieves of nigeria's money with over US$500Billion unaccounted for since they started ruling nigeria. Ewu awusa them, i guess Yorubas should be taxed higher now even more than the Igbos in their same supposed country nigeria to help send their killers to school for better education.

Talk about the chicken coming home to roast. I guess you Yorubas and other minorities are now getting back what you have been wishing the Igbos. And before you open your rotten mouth to ask, i never said that Igbos aren't victims this time around, but i suppose in the minds of you Yorubas and other minorities, it is normal for only Igbos to continue being the victims because they are always "GREEDY" as some of you will put it to leave there areas of the country and immigrate to other areas for business, education, work and other things.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2008
Oloshi hausas, they have started with their slaughterings again! God! Why did you let these hausa cows become a part of Nigeria? They are just good for nothing! I can't see any sensible contribution hausas have made in Nigeria other than something for their profit. . . They claim to be the richest, yet their people are ovr 1 million in Lagos begging for alms, without eyes and legs. . . Now they have started their bullshitting. . . Call me tribalist, i don't care. . .

Bloody Mallams! angry
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Bolarge(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2008
The mere recollection of my days in Jos as a youth corp member nearly brings tears to my eyes.
They sure didn't deserve this. . .  cry cry

The way forward:

1.  State governments should be held responsible for any fatalities to corp members in their precincts.
The families involved should be compensated with nothing less than #100million each. Some may scream "how will that bring back the deceased?" but I assure you it's a. much better than some lame statements simply condemning the incident while relations of the deceased are left to wallow in the pain and anguish in the aftermath of their bereavement.  b. State governments will learn to of a necessity provide adequate security for these corp members put in their care.

2. State governors as the Chief Security officers in their states on whose watch such mayhem occur should be summoned by the National Assembly and tried. Yes, the word is tried. These are the same people that receive #50million monthly as security vote from Federal Govt coffers. Should any be found culpable or to have been shoddy in his handling of security issues in his state, the same should be penalised adequately.

3. He that kills with the sword shall die by the sword.
For tooooo long we have paid lip service to justice in this country especially as concerns the arrant madness of our northern brothers. Mass slaughtering of southerners, Christians comes so naturally to these ones and NO, I repeat NO justice is ever instituted. These mullahs that instigate their almajiris to embark on slaughtering of innocents NEVER get punished. I've yet to hear of anyone hanged for such. Even the actual perpetrators may be apprehended and then nothing more is heard of them. Let's get real in this country, No life is more sacrosanct than the other. We are tired of these funny leaders simply "condemning" these acts in the comfort of their air-conditioned hotel rooms abroad or their exquisite offices. Bring out the hangman's noose please. Bring back the firing squads. angry

Where are the lawyers in the forum?
Where are the human rights activists?
Those bereaved families of the youth corp members[b]must[/b] be compensated. Nothing less than #100million for each of those families. Enough of this nonsense. angry
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by naijaking1: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2008
@Bolarge
I agree with you about compensation for the victims of this and other unnecessary religious riots, the amount should be so heavy that it will bankrupt the almajiris and their sponsors. The compensation should start with the family of Mr. Gideon, the Igbo trader who was beheaded while in custody of the Nigerian police, and the criminals carried his head around town on a stick shouting allah kuba.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by faoni572(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2008
DavidDylan:

The issue the paper he referenced addressed was corpers only. It so happened the 3 of them are yoruba. Nothing to do with tribe.

That's it. The reason why the paper reference them is because they are corpers, it is only unfortunate they are all Yorubas. They are special because if not because of NYSC they won't have got themselves in Jos.

I don't know why people always attach tribalism to everything, there are other Yorubas that died there and not only these three people.

May there soul rest in peace.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by arramyjay: 10:21am On Dec 02, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Orobo dirty, you are even idiotice than the complainant. He wouldn't have cared to post this nonsense if the NYSC victims where Igbos. It is not by force to serve in the NYSC in an area that you do not wish to serve. Many are posted were they do not wish and they reject it out rightly. Why didn't your Yoruba brothers reject serving in the north? My question again, ewu, what were they doing in northern nigeria? Can't Yoruba area contain them? You case is pathetic olodo. Stop crying more than the bereave.

Good that you Yorubas are feeling the pinch of the craziness of your masters whom you served and helped to kill the Igbos en mass and still serving until today because of the unfounded fears that you have about the Igbos. I never see you idiots complain in the past when those morons were hacking Igbos to death in numbers. Rather most of you were asking what were Igbos doing in the north and why can't Igbo ply their businesses in just eastern nigeria.

Why weren't you raising the same question now? The most idiot amongst you all, RedHotChick was even proposing just 3 days ago (not knowing then that Yorubas were among those hacked to death) that Igbos should be taxed higher than others to help take care of the education of the almajiris. Do you see her warped reasoning of solution when the same northerners are the thieves of nigeria's money with over US$500Billion unaccounted for since they started ruling nigeria. Ewu awusa them, i guess Yorubas should be taxed higher now even more than the Igbos in their same supposed country nigeria to help send their killers to school for better education.

Talk about the chicken coming home to roast. I guess you Yorubas and other minorities are now getting back what you have been wishing the Igbos. And before you open your rotten mouth to ask, i never said that Igbos aren't victims this time around, but i suppose in the minds of you Yorubas and other minorities, it is normal for only Igbos to continue being the victims because they are always "GREEDY" as some of you will put it to leave there areas of the country and immigrate to other areas for business, education, work and other things.

Your reckless regard to make sense is stagarring.Your use of English cast a dark shadow of doubt to the Grade school you attended,that is if you did.Now apart from the fact that your this particular post makes no atom of sense,U are also suffering from brain from body separatism.Your epistle is so full of infinity splitting and hence i can't read it.
Now I will tell you a particular reason for hatred and racism cause you are doing both,
The main reason is INFERIORITY COMPLEX
I repeat you are a disgrace to the OUR IGBO LAND

Like i wrote before you didnt make it pass grade level cause if you did you will reason differently and if all nysc guys and girls refuse or reject the state they are given who will go there?
In your case calling you an EWU is an understatement.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by ikeyman00(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2008
jinx

u se am now

fu  ckin northerns

cave bastards
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by ikeyman00(m): 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2008
shegal
wonders!!!

Your reckless regard to make sense is stagarring.Your use of English cast a  dark shadow of doubt to the Grade school  you attended,that is if you did.Now apart from the fact that your this particular post makes no atom of sense,U are also suffering from brain from body separatism.Your epistle is so full of infinity splitting and hence i can't read it.
Now I will tell you a particular reason for hatred and racism cause you are doing both,

Like i wrote before you didnt make it pass grade level cause if you did you will reason differently and if all nysc guys and girls refuse or reject the state they are given who will go there?
In your case calling you an EWU is an understatement

is this ENGLISH? i would say jargon, just a little bit edge from jumbo-mumbo

stagarring hhm
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by ikeyman00(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2008
redhot fool
i[b] think your comment is badly needed here[/b]

yoruba should also pay higher taxes to those vampire as an incentives to deters them from their evil acts. if yall dnt like it as u propose, stay in lagos
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
ow11:

When a phantom rape of corps members in ND was announced, people shouted to high heavens and some demanded the full might of the military against the Ijaw village were the 'crime' was committed but now Hausa militants have reigned and killed corp members and no one is talking about arresting or bombing out Jos to bring out the militants. [/b]Hausa militants claim they are upset about election results, so are all the southern Nigerians living in Jos responsible for the nonsense? Is Yaradull not a Hausa PDP man? They should send ARMY BATALLIONS FROM THE SOUTH TO GO AND BOMB OUT ALL THE MILITANT HIDEOUTS IN JOS!! Afterall if this mayhem happened in PH, Hausa soldiers would be sent to PH to kill and maim the remaining people in the town.

Why am I not surprised? [b]Only Yoruba and Hausa Lives are worth something in the sham called Nigeria!
angry

First of all, soldiers have been sent to Jos, flown in by plane even, to control the situation.

Secondly, your argument doesn't make sense - If 'Yoruba lives' are worth 'something' as you imply, then the army would have been sent to 'bomb out' the militants, but that has not happened.

Thirdly, I don't know what the exact case in the ND was, but that sounded like Corps members were specifically targeted in a robbery/rape operation - essentially an unprovoked and unilateral act of aggression. That is a completely different situation from an election mess up resulting in two aggrieved parties fighting each other.

To surmise, there is no comparison of the two incidents, and there is NO evidence to suggest in this case that 'Hausa and Yoruba lives' are worth more than others.

It is VERY SAD for those families who lost three sons in this carnage, trying to serve their country. I cannot blame anyone whose family refuses to send their children to the North given these heinous killings. There is no evidence in the report to suggest they had been targeted because of their ethnicity. Let us leave aside speculation for now - that will only serve to further inflame passions.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by ow11(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2008
@debosky

The army sent in know how to 'control' the situation because there are hausa people there. If it is RV state, by now they would have killed more people (cue Odi and Tombia) as that is how they know how to control a situation when Hausa people are not involved.

No arrests have been made and these scoundrels have gone back to their lair to re-emerge when they are needed to carry out systematic killing of non- hausa people during the next flimsy reason their leaders can think of. If the Corps members weren't targeted, why would they go into a house and kill three boys and leave others? You sound as if the boys were caught in a crossfire.

My reason for comparing both situations was the inclination for NLanders to demand that the entire area be ransacked(Odi style) to find the hoodlums when the story wasn't even confirmed. Now no one is calling for the same action when NYSC members were specifically targeted by militants on rampage.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Tonim(f): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2008
ow11:

Why am I not surprised? Only Yoruba and Hausa Lives are worth something in the sham called Nigeria

undecided

As if yorubas are not also victims of the religious massacres meted out on Southerners by the hausas.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2008
@ ow11

Arrests have been made - that is a false claim. I do admit I was wrong in my initial comments, this seems to have been a targeted killing of some sorts, at least that is my reading of the following account of events

The gloom that pervaded the Lagos State Low Cost Housing Estate, Meiran, Ojokoro, Lagos, residence of Mr. and Mrs. Akintola Tokunbo Akinjogbin, yesterday can be felt with touch. The woman, emotionally broken, laid on the bed while female members of her family and friends sat around to share in her grief. Her eyes bore the image of a woman that is wearied from shedding excessively painful tears.

The second son of the family, young Mr. Ibukun Oluwatosin Akinjogbin, 23, was one of the fifty people whose lives were brought to a cruel end by the rampaging voters in Jos on Friday morning. He was killed along with his nephew, Mr. Leke Akande, 23, and a friend, Mr. Tola Odusola, 20, all youth corps members, in the home of Ibukun’s uncle, Mr. Bisi Akinjogbin, an Abuja-based businessman. The hatchet men, who broke down the high gates and stormed the residence along Katako Junction by 7Up depot in Jos about 9.15am on Friday morning; caught down the three young men in the presence of Mrs. Doyin Akinjogbin, the uncle’s wife while her daughters also watched in horror.

Mrs. Doyin Akinjogbin is already placed under sedation as a result of the shock she suffered from witnessing the killings of the young men in her home.

The three men were among the scores of youths doing their one year mandatory youth service scheme in Pankshin, Jos central, in Plateau State, till they were killed.

Riot had broken out in Jos on Thursday, due to attempted manipulations with the results of the local government polls. The election was said to have been widely won by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), candidate.

Mr. Akintola Akinjogbin, who seemed to be taking the incidence with calmness, said the killing of his son is "barbaric, satanic and uncalled for."

One of the three youth corps members, Ibukun Oluwatosin Akinjogbin, a 2001 to 2003 Quantity Surveyor student from the Obafemi Awolowo (OAU), Ife, was said to have been in contact with his family on phone up till the last minute that life was ebbed out of him.

According to the father while narrating the gory ordeal, Ibukun was about coming to Lagos when the incident caught up with him without prior warning. He said prior to that day, the late young Akinjogbin had finalised plans to visit Lagos after a while.

He said: "My son had reported for the NYSC on August 26, 2008. We were in constant touch with him because mine is a very closely knit family. He would have actually returned to Lagos on Thursday but could not because it was rather late. So, I called him around 6. 20a.m on Friday morning and he said he was on his way to the park. Then later, he called that he was going back to his uncle’s home because the riot going on in Jos was quite heated. I said it was a good decision. So, he ran back into the house and we remained in touch.

"From that time, there were several calls and it was as if he was giving us situational reports. Then, his elder brother, Kayode Akinjogbin, an Investment Analyst with Lead Capital in Lagos, took over from me and kept monitoring his brother."

Speaking, Kayode said Ibukun started asking for prayers. "Please start praying for us’’; he had begged. "They are moving towards our side of the town. In fact, they seem to be getting close to our gate. Please pray Bro. Kayode. They are outside our house now. I don’t know why they came to us but they are here," Ibukun was reported to have said.

"Now, our gates are down," were the last direct words the young man could say to me, said Kayode. "Then I started hearing him beg them. Later there seemed to be some struggles but my younger brother was still pleading. Then, I heard cries and I was afraid while at the same time shouting his name. I heard the voices of women screaming and praying to God for help. For some time, everything seemed to get silent but by this time, I was almost running crazy when my colleagues in the office grabbed my phone from me to calm me down.

"A few minutes later, after I had regained my composure, I picked my phone to call my younger brother. But it was a Hausa man that replied me. And he said in Hausa tone and seemed to be mocking at the same time: ‘Ya broad, I'm dey die, I'm det die…hHa ha, now, I'm don die’. And at that point, the phone went dead. And that was when I blacked out too," Kayode said.

Akinjogbin senior said his son had come to the Uncle’s house because of the visit to Lagos. "The uncle is like their father over there. They all go to his house whenever there is need. Ibukun served as a Works Officer with the Pankshin Local Government council because he was a Quantity Surveyor. But what can I do now than to throw my hands up to God and accept my fate?

"My concern however is why the Nigerian government should subject our children to death on annual basis? Every year, Youth Corpers die in their numbers. The government should please scrap this programme. Parents would have laboured to educate their children and in the process of doing the youth service, those children will die. This is very unfair," Akinjogbin said.

"Ibukun was a core gentleman. He was very quiet and easy-going. Everyone that ever dealt with him knew that. And how can a people kill such a young man? Nigeria is one country and we should all learn to accommodate one another regardless of religious differences. As a matter of fact, how does a political riot change to religious fight? This is why government must tame these people up North. They can’t just be killing innocent people and go scot-free all the time. If they have been dealt with in time past, they wouldn’t have done it again. For me, the NYSC stuff is a bad taste that has left a traumatic mark in my family. I just pray God to grant my wife the grace to bear the incident with calm equanimity.

http://thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=71426
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by EDIPO(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2008
MAY THERE SOULS REST IN PEACE.

@Qoutasystem,

it is an understatement to say i am shocked at your submissions. we are talking of human lives, whether or not they are yorubas' hausaa or igbos. i dont even care of what background they belong. we are concerned about a sick nation being led by sick leaders and all you could do is come out this bold with so much insensitivity!
while i strongly do not agree with the caption, i think questioning what youth corpers are doing out there in Jos suggests that you never served or you did not school properly(no insult meant).

i am yoruba, currently in kano with two of my elder brothers who also work in Kano, if we get killed today, you'd blame us also for working in kano, so where is the place of cultural diversity and acceptance? think about it.

the mayhem is condemnable and most unfortunate. the big men who sponsored this unslaught are in the comforts of their houses enjoying the presence of armed security men.

so many people have died innocently, there is no point therefore making it look as if they were particularly targeted cos they were yoruba corpers.

we would do to ourselves great injustice if we fail to address issues devoid of ethnic chauvinism.

once again, my heart goes to all the families of the deceased.

lets think, talk and act like a people of one nation.

God bless nigeria.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by QuotaSyste(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2008
shegirl71:

Your reckless regard to make sense is stagarring.[b]Your use of English cast a dark shadow of doubt to the Grade school you attended,that is if you did.Now apart from the fact that your this particular post makes no atom of sense,U are also suffering from brain from body separatism.Your epistle is so full of infinity splitting and hence i can't read it.

In your case calling you an EWU is an understatement.[/b]
See this transgendered Orobo with her fantom degree while butchering english language. Typical Yoruba orobo. Will be qucik to tell you how Yorubas are the most educated in nigeria where as JAMB statistics says otherwise while rooting for the Igbos as the most educated in nigeria. First to complain about my english which has no fault, where as the transgendered can't even write correct spellings, not to talk of correct sentences.

Doesn't even know where and when to use commas and fulstops. Doesn't even know that after comma or fulstop, you have to make a space for easy reading by other readers. The transgendered will be first to tell you "i am a graduate" and i ask, is this nigeria's educational system's product? Orobo.

I wonder between a Yoruba and Igbo, who will feel inferior to the other. Why didn't your Yoruba NYSC's reject the northern cities where they were posted? There is what is called, the nigerian factor. They can easily scheme for change of location and they would have gotten it so easily. Akpa dorty.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by asha80(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2008
@QuotaSystem

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy ;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

How Obasanjo, Jonathan Left Us To Suffer — Ex-nigerian Airways Workers / We Why Failed To Honour Reps Summon Last Friday - Defence Chief / Cattle Breeders Association Press Conference On Killings In Bassa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.