Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? (719 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? by datbay(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good evening Nairalanders........I'm a lawyer .I work with a law firm somewhere in the southwest of Nigeria. I have a personal car. My mum just got herself a nice car and decided to let me use it first due to some reasons so we exchanged cars. To my greatest shock and surprise, my principal(boss) called me to his office today and started lambasting me. He said why will I use a car that is more expensive than his own. He is the one paying my salary and I have no right whatsoever to use a car more expensive than his own. He said its foolishness on my part and even threatened to sack me if I bring the car to the office again despite the fact that I told him its my mum's car......Fellow intelligent Nairalanders,what do u think please?
Re: How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? by akinsadeez(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
wow. What a warped way of thinking. These are the kind of bosses that will never wish you well as a junior. If he can be angry that you are using a better car, and even threatening to sack you, then he is the type that can do anything to keep you below his level. then type that wont want you to achieve more than him or surpass him in anything
A friend of mine once had a principal like that. This man knew that my friend was very brilliant so he would ask him to draft virtually all d processes, prepare the motions, written addresses and what nots. However when it came to appearing in court, this man would go to court and adopt the processes filed by my friend while sending the guy to the magistrate court and few worthless high court cases. All the court of appeal cases were also handled by the man. Now this created a situation where the guy was always busy working very hard in the firm, but he was not advancing career wise cuz he was only handling magistrate cases. I won't bore you with the details but he finally had to leave the firm.
Well, its possible ur boss is just a vain person who doesn't like people coming into the firm and admiring ur car more than his. Just change to ur usual car and let peace reign unless u r ready to leave the firm.
Re: How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? by busterr(m): 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
look for job in another firm, and don't come to work with the car till you are ready to quit.
maybe that's your boss way of telling yu not to spend beyond your means or he's just plain selfish.
Re: How Do You Feel About What My Boss Said? by datbay(m): 5:18am On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks alot guys....I really appreciate your replies.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Consider A Career With Unilever Makers Of Omo, Dove, Lipton, Knorr Etc / Guys, How Will You Feel When A Friend(a Guy) Ends A Phone Call With 'I Love You' / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.