Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months (22884 Views)

The Face Of The Guy Using My Stolen Phone / Why You Won't Be Able To Use A Stolen Iphone Anymore. / I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by KLand(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Congrats. You have your phone back.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by anishe(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
Why carry Iphone enter taxi?

Lesson from the story: don't buy iphone if you have got no car of your own.

It is shame to enter cabu cabu with iphone.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by anishe(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
fingard02k:

Anyhow is ok.

Bank: Ecobank
Acc no: 2702079068
acc name: joseph Osonwa

thanks and expect more blessings

Account number is wrong. Please supply the NUBAN account number. It must be 10 digits. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by xtremeidea(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lost my iphone 5 last year too. the phone journeyed from lagos to owerri and back to me (in lagos) via "the Young" transport.

THE REASON Y I LOVE IPHONE. - THEREZ HOPE WHEN IT GETS MISSING
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by fingard02k(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
anishe:

Account number is wrong. Please supply the NUBAN account number. It must be 10 digits. grin cheesy

this is how people get involve in something that doesnt concern them at the end of the day he will be shouting that witches and wizards in his village are after him. Mind you
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Escalze(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
You don go Ajegunle before?
of course. Are you a learner?
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Awesomeking: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
All this untop iphone-iphone my shining butt-somebody scream nokia lumia!!!!!
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Ranchhoddas: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Escalze:
of course. Are you a learner?
So where did you get that idea from?And no,I am not a learner.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
ekeroyal:
Lost And Found My Stolen Phone After 7 Months

This may sound unreal to some persons but it is real and happened in Nigeria. It is about my iPhone 4S, I only bought it January 2014, a new one. The story is funny with a few lessons and inferences drawn from here and there. This is how it went.........

I lost my phone in a taxi in Port Harcourt on the 28th of April, 2014. It probably slipped out of my pocket. When I realized it, I quickly tried tracking the taxi driver but couldn't find him that evening. I waited for him around the route where he operates but couldn't find him. To make matters worst, the phone was offline as I had only returned from an island with very little Airtel signal, hence I couldn't call it. The next day I was to travel, but I couldn't go. I waited for him again around the route he operates and fortunately I found him but he simply told me, he didn't see my phone. I was crest fallen and started accepting the reality. That evening I told my better half who was far off, of my predicament and she simply said, am not convinced you lost that phone". I began to imagine if she was a prophet from God or she simply said it to calm me down.

I had so much information on the phone that I almost got it announced on radio, safe for the fact that such announcements can't be made. The next day I traveled and simply tried to forget the phone. I was so feeling bad because I didn't activate the iCloud or Lost iPhone app. But before I traveled, I logged into the apple portal with my account and left a message, "If you find this phone, it is lost. Simply call 080********. A reward awaits you". Then I relaxed. That weekend I suddenly tried calling the phone and it rang for six (6) times and nobody picked it. I sent two sms yet no response. At that point I was feeling even worse because somehow the iPhone is unlocked now, I thought. At this point, I had to forget it and bother my head with other issues. But one interesting decision I made was to stick to my Asha dual SIM phone I was using besides the iPhone until February 2015 when I would buy a new one.

On November 17, 2014 I was back in PHC again. Then came the mysterious call by about 21:38hrs on November 28, 2014. The caller introduced himself, though I didn't catch the name and it was seen as one of those trivial calls, until he asked "did you lose you iPhone recently?" I went ahead to give him details of where, when and how I last saw my iPhone. "call me tomorrow so I can direct you on where to come pick your iPhone", he added. That was it. I went there, met with about five young men and after about 20 minutes wait, another young man came with the iPhone. Behold, it was still fresh and clean. And I smartly inquired what really happened. I could decipher that the young man who called me intended to buy the iPhone but got frustrated when all efforts to unlock it proved abortive. So he decided it meant nothing than to return it to the owner. When I inserted a SIM, I accessed the iCloud server and immediately I entered my credentials, the iPhone was unlocked.

I know technology was at work, but at the same time I also feel there was hand of God. The point is, even if the fellow wasn't able to unlock it and got frustrated as the days went by, he could have as well decided to also crush it. But he didn't, instead he took the bold step by calling. He was surprised when I told him I didn't inform the Police and I also didn't come with any Police or something.

Meanwhile, my lost hope in Nigeria and Nigerians is gradually coming back. I simply didn't expect getting my iPhone back.

What do you think fellas?

OP you are really lucky the person who saw ur fone didn't take it to Robinson Plaza Warri or even me. Na once the fone go unlock like someone being laid hands upon by T.B Joshua grin
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by jobsat34(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
Elxandre:

I returned a Nokia x6 to the owner a few years ago.
This phone was quite costly then.

A few people can still return stuff.

which i never doubt...
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by illicit(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Assuming he could unlock it, he wouldnt have called you to cum have it tho
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Leon2036(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
if my S4 fit miraculously come back like this i for happy oh...

Ps. Op we have about same story but mine is just a week ago
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by sunnyflakes(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Guy we still ve good people in Nigeria. Similarly, while alighting from a commercial bus at ring road in Benin City and my phone slipped out of my pocket but that nice guy called me back to get it
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by 12month: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
REB3L:

.picture's of u losing ur hope or adonbilive it.
.pictures of u getting frustrated or I don't believe
it..
p.s for all those who'll take the time out to quote and possibly insult me,try to get a sense of humour

Another e-diot
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Escalze(m): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
So where did you get that idea from?And no,I am not a learner.
What are you saying? You must be a learner.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Ranchhoddas: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Escalze:
What are you saying? You must be a learner.
warefa!
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by DaBullIT(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
Adesam09:
U really need to appreciate God's Work.. Even if na #5000 u have, just give it to God....
Contact me to get his account details...

[size=20pt]See this one. Me and God just talk finish , he don give me him new account number grin[/size]
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by kpolli(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks for the iphone ad
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by publicenemy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
ekeroyal:
Lost And Found My Stolen Phone After 7 Months

This may sound unreal to some persons but it is real and happened in Nigeria. It is about my iPhone 4S, I only bought it January 2014, a new one. The story is funny with a few lessons and inferences drawn from here and there. This is how it went.........

I lost my phone in a taxi in Port Harcourt on the 28th of April, 2014. It probably slipped out of my pocket. When I realized it, I quickly tried tracking the taxi driver but couldn't find him that evening. I waited for him around the route where he operates but couldn't find him. To make matters worst, the phone was offline as I had only returned from an island with very little Airtel signal, hence I couldn't call it. The next day I was to travel, but I couldn't go. I waited for him again around the route he operates and fortunately I found him but he simply told me, he didn't see my phone. I was crest fallen and started accepting the reality. That evening I told my better half who was far off, of my predicament and she simply said, am not convinced you lost that phone". I began to imagine if she was a prophet from God or she simply said it to calm me down.

I had so much information on the phone that I almost got it announced on radio, safe for the fact that such announcements can't be made. The next day I traveled and simply tried to forget the phone. I was so feeling bad because I didn't activate the iCloud or Lost iPhone app. But before I traveled, I logged into the apple portal with my account and left a message, "If you find this phone, it is lost. Simply call 080********. A reward awaits you". Then I relaxed. That weekend I suddenly tried calling the phone and it rang for six (6) times and nobody picked it. I sent two sms yet no response. At that point I was feeling even worse because somehow the iPhone is unlocked now, I thought. At this point, I had to forget it and bother my head with other issues. But one interesting decision I made was to stick to my Asha dual SIM phone I was using besides the iPhone until February 2015 when I would buy a new one.

On November 17, 2014 I was back in PHC again. Then came the mysterious call by about 21:38hrs on November 28, 2014. The caller introduced himself, though I didn't catch the name and it was seen as one of those trivial calls, until he asked "did you lose you iPhone recently?" I went ahead to give him details of where, when and how I last saw my iPhone. "call me tomorrow so I can direct you on where to come pick your iPhone", he added. That was it. I went there, met with about five young men and after about 20 minutes wait, another young man came with the iPhone. Behold, it was still fresh and clean. And I smartly inquired what really happened. I could decipher that the young man who called me intended to buy the iPhone but got frustrated when all efforts to unlock it proved abortive. So he decided it meant nothing than to return it to the owner. When I inserted a SIM, I accessed the iCloud server and immediately I entered my credentials, the iPhone was unlocked.

I know technology was at work, but at the same time I also feel there was hand of God. The point is, even if the fellow wasn't able to unlock it and got frustrated as the days went by, he could have as well decided to also crush it. But he didn't, instead he took the bold step by calling. He was surprised when I told him I didn't inform the Police and I also didn't come with any Police or something.

Meanwhile, my lost hope in Nigeria and Nigerians is gradually coming back. I simply didn't expect getting my iPhone back.

What do you think fellas?

Couldnt he have plash it to unlock? Or its impossible?
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by tinyanosa(f): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is Gods Grace..
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by tinyanosa(f): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Was there any issue before?
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by sparkleboy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is a normal thing here in France joor. grin
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Blankstare(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
The power of iphone! My sis own was stolen @ the clinc when she went for delivery early this yr then a lady called her other line some days later begging for the password,she claimed to have bought the phone from a friend to her youger brother, My sis vehemently refused and warned her to stop callin. After sometime,i saw a friend request on f/b i added the person and lol she begin to beg me to talk to my sis to realease the password i told her to just forget it she was persistent untill i ignore her. It was all a scam,the f/b account was new meaning it was created for the purpose.only GODS knows what she might av done to the gadget,kudos to the inventors of that piece.
REST IN PIECE STEVE JOBS

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by ekeroyal(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
It's been a wave of interesting responses, have had some good laugh from most posts. Especially "idonbilivit", "sow a seed", "France sh*t", etc.

Honestly, safe for the unnecessary hardship that has enveloped Nigeria, brought about by some political cabal, Nigerians would have been better than they are. I can see there is likely a sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

This isn't to preach self-righteousness, but I can't remember stealing or picking anyone's stuff, no matter how attractive. Maybe I'm reaping some benefit.

As regards why my phone was returned, I'm not a religious fanatic. However, I think technology alone couldn't have returned my phone.

anishe:
Why carry Iphone enter taxi?

Lesson from the story: don't buy iphone if you have got no car of your own.

It is shame to enter cabu cabu with iphone.

I hate telling people this, but you should think twice before making this kind of comments on nairaland. Was there any part of the initial post that was meant to tell you how wealthy or poor I was? When you don't know people and you hear their story, try not letting the little kid in you show itself. Try paying attention to the subject matter or just try to be jovial or you can read and move on. Stop jumping the gun and be a better Nigerian.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by ekeroyal(m): 11:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Suntemi:
Ekeroyal, Find my iPhone was enabled on the phone that's the reason you were able to track it from Apple's website. You don't need an app to set that up. It is under "Settings" already.

The dude that returned it may have tried unlocking it severely without success. He is also very brave, many people will not even try to ring you. Nobody wan end up for police net

No it wasn't enabled, I remember disabling it. I think the iCloud got activated when they kept fiddling with it.

Another area that also occurred to me was "numerology". I had a chat with an Indian friend and he said there was something about 28,7,28. Do we have numerologists in the house? Please what's your take?

As respects my safety, I wish I could meet those who were bothered about that, am a one man gang cool . I went alone for some reasons (it didn't mean no one was unaware of my whereabouts/location all through the exercise ), I knew my way around the area years back, I was there earlier than scheduled and did my own survey and ensured the location wasn't unnecessarily lonely. I won't be that stupid to throw caution to the wind. I thought of a whole lot of other things that could befall me, like kidnapping.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 5:31am On Dec 04, 2014
ekeroyal:
It's been a wave of interesting responses, have had some good laugh from most posts. Especially "idonbilivit", "sow a seed", "France sh*t", etc.

Honestly, safe for the unnecessary hardship that has enveloped Nigeria, brought about by some political cabal, Nigerians would have been better than they are. I can see there is likely a sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

This isn't to preach self-righteousness, but I can't remember stealing or picking anyone's stuff, no matter how attractive. Maybe I'm reaping some benefit.

As regards why my phone was returned, I'm not a religious fanatic. However, I think technology alone couldn't have returned my phone.

I hate telling people this, but you should think twice before making this kind of comments on nairaland. Was there any part of the initial post that was meant to tell you how wealthy or poor I was? When you don't know people and you hear their story, try not letting the little kid in you show itself. Try paying attention to the subject matter or just try to be jovial or you can read and move on. Stop jumping the gun and be a better Nigeria.
must you reply every comment It's obvious this dude doesn't have anything doing

. Leave him to his world
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by DonJupo(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Best comment...haahahhaha.

Adesam09:
U really need to appreciate God's Work.. Even if na #5000 u have, just give it to God....
Contact me to get his account details...
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by decode55(m): 9:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Suntemi:

Oga, how far?

nothing much o! I just dey hail
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Suntemi(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2014
decode55:

nothing much o! I just dey hail

Na me hail pass.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by janga(m): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
owners get his iphone 4s bck bcuz of active icloud lock bt for nw "FMI" Find My Iphone Lock is 99% unlockable wt high price unlike normal sim unlock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Change From Mtn Post Paid To Pre Paid / Ask Me Any Question About Your Phone Problems. Get Instant Help For Free / Last Day On Earth: Survival MOD + Save Game Files For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.