Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

From Grass to Grace - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From Grass to Grace (1096 Views)

Is The Grass Greener On The Other Side? / How Does One Get An Article To Grace Frontpage / Odia Ofeimun, Lari Williams Grace Ana's Meeting- Is A Poet's Death His Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 10:25am On Dec 03, 2014
This story seems to be the first story written by me (Ebistar). Its never a true life story, its a fiction. Since am just starting, but i have been following up some people, like Divepen, Carosoft, Astronaug and other. I have learnt alot from them. Please everyone reading this book, is asked to like or comment on my posts at least to encourage me. Thank you.
CHAPTER 1
It was 1:30pm and the unfriendly African sun was at its worst. It was as if the sun was closer to the earth than usual as it emitted much unfriendly heat to scorch and sear the skins of pedestrians and hawkers along the Tombia new Bridge road. Along that busy main road was Tamar, a plantain chips seller who has been selling plantain chips to passengers and drivers and pedestrians who were caught in the heavy traffic jam in Tombia junction, the most busiest place in Yenagoa city. She has to find all ways and means to raise at least N21,000 to foot her mother's hospital bills.
"yees, fresh plantain chips to ward off your anger and tiredness for been stock in traffic for long", she normall shouted jovially to draw customers attention. "yees fresh chips! Please buy some for me because i always prayed that you'll be stuck in traffic so i can market my fresh plantain chips. Please buy some for me otherwise God will not be happy with you. Yes, it makes my prayers difficult to be answered if you dont buy them", she shouted jovially.
Many passengers bought her plantain chips, leaving other hawkers.
Next to the commercial vehicle she was selling the chips was a female driver in a private car that fixed her gaze on her.
Re: From Grass to Grace by ogaofficer(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: From Grass to Grace by almacherish(f): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: From Grass to Grace by kentochi(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
Double post by op.
Re: From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2014
Sorry guys, i made a dubble post. That mistake is not going to happen again, keep following.

Next update coming up
Re: From Grass to Grace by stuff46(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
crime city, hope it really worts my time.

Siqninq in

1 Like

Re: From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
"Tamar! Tamar!" the female driver called. "is that you, Tamar." she still called as she looked for a parking space to park her car.
Tamar on the other could not see the one who was passionately calling her name, because the African sun made it difficult to see the one in the car since the sun focus on her eyes.
"Tamar! Are you not Tamara Ekoma, formally residing in Amassoma." the lady said mentioning her full name.
"yes, I'm Tamara Ekoma" she responded and still hasnt taken cognizance of the one calling. " oh my God, it's you Douye. Douye Eko Bralate, right?
"yes yes, oh my goodness, its been ages since we met after our SS3. Where have you been all these years?" Douye asked.
Hmmm, it's very long story, Douye. Life as not been fair to me eversince we left SS3 about six years now." Tamar answered.
Am just happy for you Douye, you look gorgeous and very beautiful. It's been ages since we met, but i bet that life has done you more good and added more feminine curves and beauty to your looks
Re: From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
"there you go again with your description. So you haven't stop describing almost everything you see on this planet. I think you should pursue some writing or journalism courses that is what you are very good at" Douye rightly remembered her friend's fond attitude.
"so what do you do for a living? Tamar asked
"i'm the deputy supply manager in our drink manufacturing company. As you can see, am on my way to supply some super markets and smaller shops with our products"
she smiled and looked at her wrist watch because she was getting late. Tamar could not control her emotions when she remembered how she used to tell her friend how great she would be in future.
"Tamar, what is it, why are you so sad?" she knew it would deffinitely be about her conditions in life and their economic difference.
"you are fortunate in life. As for me, it looks like am a third class human being"
"please don't say so, it's just a matter of time. Thank God we meet each other today, today is really your day.
Re: From Grass to Grace by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
Why are you updating little by little. Am really fed up now. But i never give up.
Abeg update fast fast, stil following
Re: From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
'CONTINUATION'
"anyway i have to go now to meet with my business partners. Ahh, that reminds me, take this little money, just manage it. pls go home and relax for today" Douye said and gave her the money.
"N30,000 you dont mean it" Tamar said with a warm embrace" thank you very much, i dont know how to express my heartfelt appreciation to you." Tamar said and beam all over.
"dont forget to give me a call. This is my complimentary card" she said as she started the ignition and sped off the scene.
Tamar stood Akimbo and fixed her gaze on Douye's car until it disappeared.
"opportunities can really transform a human being. It's all a matter of time" Tamar said to herself. "i know that no condition is permanent."
Tamar, though looked very glad and had received enough for the day, decided to still hang around for unexplicable reasons. Soon something struck her mind.
"i have to carter for the bills of mum and Dad" she said to herself.
"Plantain chips seller, please come this way" a driver called. "please quickly calculate the price of everything, tell me the price" the driver said to her.
"excuse me, sir" Tamar asked because she could not believe her ears.
"yeah! I mean all the chips, dont be surprise because God as visited you today. As you can see, we are coming from a very far place, and very tired and hungry. Please ne hurrybecause the green light is about showing"
with lightening, Tamar rapped all the plantain chips in a very big polytene bag andslipped them through the window to the driver in the privaye car.
N15,000, but just give me N10,000" she said with her usual smile.
"that's no problem" the driver replied. "here you are. N20,000. N5,000 for you. Keep N5,000 for sunday service." he said and sped off.
Tamar was speechless for about 20seconds then she shouted loud and said "Thank God"
"eei, Tamar." Oba, Tamar's friend and co-hawker called. "i really envy you today, tell me your secret of happiness today. Where did you sleep last and what did you hear or see in your dreams? Just be kind to me and tell me the secret for me to at least have a breakthrough"
"oh stop it, i dont have any special place to sleep except the hard raffia mat that leaves the marks of te strips on my face any time i wake up." she said
that is better than in my situation, Tamar. I slept on this cloth and its torn" Oba replied. I have to to coil myself into this cloth like a snake to get a portion of this same cloth to cover my body. My dear God as really visited you today. Infact today is your day and you have become the queen of the hawkers of the day." she said jovially.
"hei you have come again with jokes to ward off the stress that the African sun as already deposited in me. Am off to the house to attend to my ailing parents" Tamar said and went away leaving her friend behind.
Re: From Grass to Grace by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 06, 2014
Pls continue

1 Like

Re: From Grass to Grace by ebistar(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
You knw, am nt a Mr. Too gud. Am just trying to see whats up for myself, since i loved to read and write books.
Keep follwing, next update coming up.
Don't forget to comment

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: My Life As A Fifty Naira Note / ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 16" Written By @saint_haywhy / best Book you've ever read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.