Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets (42046 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Fighter Jets Drop Boko Haram Flyers In Adamawa Against Voting? - Newsrescue.com / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by leofab(f): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
slightlyMad:

finally, the end of the clueless one's reign of squander is near.
all it takes is boko haram over running a barack just like the do all the time, capture the pilot and get the pilot to drop the bomb on aso rock at gun point grin

it is only that fat grammarian am gonna miss. her comic reliefs
grin angryfool
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Litmus: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2014

Pakistan's first First Indigenous car.

posted:13th June 2006, 21:15

The following is an extract from a Pakistan forum: “We are getting the technology from China and we will soon start building the engines also,” Adam’s Chief Executive Officer Feroz Khan said. “It will be fully indigenous in a couple of years.”

Why is it that, Pakistan, a superposed Nuclear nation requires the assistance of Chinese technology to build a car?

Is it conceivable that India was given assistance by America to build her Nuclear capability as a counter to China and then same America did the same for Pakistan to counter India? Recall that the very scientist that detonated Americas first nuclear bomb were the once that gave Russia the technology to build her nuclear bombs. These American scientists decided that the world would be safer if Russia acquired Nuclear capability so Russia could be a counter balance to America's nuclear might.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by leofab(f): 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
omonuan:

Don't be so sure. Before you know it, the army and the air force will just abscond and Boko haram will capture the fighter jets and use them to bomb Lagos and Abuja. I have lost confidence in the army that can't confront boko haram. It took hunters including women with Dane guns and bow and arrow to defeat boko haram in one of the battles.

Nigerian army claim they are ill equipped but the arms used by boko haram to run rough shod over them are captured from them. All we'll hear soon is that a Moslem pilot just left Yola airport and landed in Sambissa forest. BBC will show a picture of the pilot cavorting with Shekau and pledging allegiance to the Caliphate. Then we will all be screwed. America knew this and this is why they wouldn't sell fighter jets and helicopters to the Nigerian military.
; slowpoke shocked grin
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by xwolverine: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
realnas:
my guy all these noise u r makin bout western weapons being superior to weapons mde in asia and the near east is nothin but hogwash ! For ur information chinese and russian weapons r rugged .easy to maintain and they come cheap meanin countries lik nigeria wit our poor maintenance culture can actually afford to operate these platforms . Do u expect naija to buy f 16s,apache helos etc? Haa mr man wake up frm ur slumber and face reality weapons frm america come wit a lot of restrictions ,they r veri expensive , d americansand d british place a lot of restrictions on what we can do with their weapons if u r not convinced go and read about d sepecat jaguar debacle and see hw britain frustrated nigeria to d extent nig had to ground her entire fleet due to british black mail go ahead kip livin in a fool's paradise waitin 4 f16s . Typical nigerian mindset of thinkin that non western things r inferior

RE the Jaguar debacle

The Jaguar jet has had the shortest service life in the Nigerian Air Force, thanks in no small part to the nature of the purchase contract and the international politics of arms transfer at that time.

An initial batch of 12 (twelve) single seat variants were supplied and later 6 (six) twin-seat versions which were used for pilot training in the United States were inducted into the NAF.

The Nigerian Air Force was denied the option of purchasing advanced weapons to enhance the deep strike capabilities of the Jaguar jets except for iron bombs of limited effectiveness. A request for in-flight refuelling tankers was also turned down because they could be used to invade neighbouring countries.

It was stipulated that the jets were to be used only for defensive purposes or they ran the risk of a withdrawal of technical support and spare parts and NAF could not resell/transfer the jets to a third party (another country) without approval of British Aerospace (now BAe Systems), UK Ministry of Defense and the House of Commons.

Subsequently, the technical support agreement expired and was not renewed and more importantly, the assembly line for the Jaguar jet was shut down. The only maintenance facility that can undertake rebuild/repair work is located in India.

Sometime in 2007 when these jets were put on display by the NAF for prospective buyers to inspect, it emerged that a Jaguar B TRAINER variant (NAF 703) had flown for only 150 hours 54 minutes since it was manufactured in December 1984. It had its 100 hours inspection on the 10th day of February, 1986. It suggests that the crated fleet of Jaguar jets is almost brand-new still.

So it is imperative that future airplane purchases should also be backed up by first class in-country maintenance facilities and support structures. When NAF offered the Jaguar for sale, BAe officials came for inspection/evaluation and among others conditions; they said that BAe will consider purchasing the planes at the purchase price or lower value than what Nigeria spent on the acquisition of the said jets.

As modern military technology is brought to bear on today’s battlefield, the theory,tactics and strategy of air combat maneuvering have impacted significantly on the composition and force structure of Air Forces around the world.

From the lessons learnt through recent air wars from the Israeli-Syrian air war, Falklands War, Bosnia to Gulf War I & II, modern Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) techniques indicate that Beyond Visual Range (BVR) engagement is the way to go.

Also deep strike operations became so expensive in terms of airplane and crew losses (especially during Gulf War I where Tornado jet accounted for a large number of air to ground losses) that the strategy of package strikes (Vietnam era tactics) was revalidated and today remains one of the current modes of offensive/defensive counter air operations

Source: https://beegeagle./2012/08/22/how-nigeria-lost-the-use-of-her-jaguar-jets-without-most-of-them-logging-up-200-hours/
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Cannonleo(m): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
BlackBaron:
So what is the true 'ferry range' of the JF-17. In almost all pictures I've seen, they can be seen equipped with at least 3 1000L fuel tanks. Therefore, conclusion is that most of the current range we know is WITH drop tanks attached. What then is the true range?

Consider also that it uses a RD 33 engine (same as the MIG 29), single engine.

If the range was as stated, why did the Chinese also go one leg over considering it would have been more suited to cover the Chinese mainland over the J-10
Combat radius: 1,352 km (840 mi)
Ferry range: 3,482 km (1,880 NM) without drop tanks
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by BlackBaron: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
Cannonleo:

Combat radius: 1,352 km (840 mi)
Ferry range: 3,482 km (1,880 NM) without drop tanks

That is Wikipedia info sir. smiley
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Cannonleo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
BlackBaron:

That is Wikipedia info sir. smiley
defence web evaluated it plus check other aircraft it is stated if their range is increased by additional drop tabks..plus note that it is imperative that a drop tank on station 4 under the fuselage must be attached in every combat flight unless ARM(anti runway missions)
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by xwolverine: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, I think technology was included in the initial deal. And that is a huge deal for a country like Nigeria that can't build anything. At least, if they can't use it now, it might come handy in future, when the country starts churning out real intellectuals. Also, it is 4th gen aircraft and they is nice, regardless of its capabilities.

Technology can't be lost - and getting Engineers to show you how to use the technology is the easiest part of the puzzle. Two squadrons, with probably 10 of the 4th gen Sukhois should be enough.

To add, the old F7's were crashing like chickens until the pakistani airforce sent some instructors to rescue our pilots, I think the JF-17 is a good step in the right direction, we cannot risk having a repeat of the Sepecat Jaguar debacle with western Jets.

I would have recommended the Rafale's and /or Typhoon Jets, but thats a huge risk at this time, with France supporting our enemies (cameroon, chad and Niger), they wouldn't think twice before grounding the Rafales if we ever have a confrontation with their minions. For me, looking east was always the option because these westerner (UK and US) are two faced and dangerous.

With the US predicting that Nigeria would disintegrate by 2015, the right time to arm up is now, and upgrading our Air force should be our focus, because we already have the largest army is sub-saharan africa.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Missy89:

Thrust Vectoring, Fly by wire, super cruise etc that are usually on 4th gen aircraft are proliferated technologies. All you need is funding and research to master them. We dont have to buy a J17 to have them. Why should china want to share their Radar and electronics /avionic (core tech of a 4th gen) technologies with Nigeria because they are buying a few dozen planes?

If every manufacturer does that, there wont be any more planes to sell.
That is why most countries manufacture different specs for their export versions. (they are already designing a new version of the J17)

If we buy 10 more Sukhois with 2 squadrons of J17. How are they going to maintain those birds?. that is like 45-50 4th gen Aircraft! almost 3 Squadrons!!

And i think this is our first fly by wire plane thou. i might be wrong. Its always a jolly ride for the pilots with fly by wire planes

Lmao @ mastering them. Why didn't the Chinese master them if it were that easy? Er, they had to use technology from Russia. Mastering something like isn't that easy, especially for a country that is technologically backwards and in the doldrums. You have to start from the basics - and if you can get a deal that can jump start you into the middle, why not grab it with an open arm? Anyway I'm just posting based on what the initial deal was, and I think the number of aircraft is inconsequential if you can get a sweet deal like that. The Chinese also just signed a few deals including technology transfer with Russia.

5th and 6th gen aircrafts are the new birds for top-tier countries, and I don't think there is anything that special about the radar/avionics of the J-17 that the Chinese won't want to disclose to naija, since the country isn't a threat to China. Heck, the project was a joint venture with Pakistan - so what is there to hide? J-17 isn't even the flagship fighter jet of the Chinese Air Force.

Also, Algeria and Egypt can maintain their huge fleet of aircraft, what is stopping Nigeria from doing the same?
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by BlackBaron: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Cannonleo:

defence web evaluated it plus check other aircraft it is stated if their range is increased by additional drop tabks..plus note that it is imperative that a drop tank on station 4 under the fuselage must be attached in every combat flight unless ARM(anti runway missions)
I'm asking because relative to other fighter jets in its wake, It seems to possess 'magical range'. The RD 33 engine is not exactly efficient and on the Mig 29 has lesser range, so how does a single engined fighter jet exceed that of his parent engine?
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
xwolverine:

To add, the old F7's were crashing like chickens until the pakistani airforce sent some instructors to rescue our pilots, I think the JF-17 is a good step in the right direction, we cannot risk having a repeat of the Sepecat Jaguar debacle with western Jets.

I would have recommended the Rafale's and /or Typhoon Jets, but thats a huge risk at this time, with France supporting our enemies (cameroon, chad and Niger), they wouldn't think twice before grounding the Rafales if we ever have a confrontation with their minions. For me, looking east was always the option because these westerner (UK and US) are two faced and dangerous.

With the US predicting that Nigeria would disintegrate by 2015, the right time to arm up is now, and upgrading our Air force should be our focus, because we already have the largest army is sub-saharan africa.

European fighter jets are too expensive, with too many strings attached, for a country like Nigeria. Rather than waste money on either Typhoons or Rafales, they should look towards Russia. Both fighter jets are bad ar.ses, especially the Rafales, but too expensive. You can get better Sukhois or MiGs for less.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Missy89(f): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao @ mastering them. Why didn't the Chinese master them if it were that easy? Er, they had to use technology from Russia. Mastering something like isn't that easy, especially for a country that is technologically backwards and in the doldrums. You have to start from the basics - and if you can get a deal that can jump start you into the middle, why not grab it with an open arm? Anyway I'm just posting based on what the initial deal was, and I think the number of aircraft is inconsequential if you can get a sweet deal like that. The Chinese also just signed a few deals including technology transfer with Russia.

5th and 6th gen aircrafts are the new birds for top-tier countries, and I don't think there is anything that special about the radar/avionics of the J-17 that the Chinese won't want to disclose to naija, since the country isn't a threat to China. Heck, the project was a joint venture with Pakistan - so what is there to hide? J-17 isn't even the flagship fighter jet of the Chinese Air Force.

Also, Algeria and Egypt can maintain their huge fleet of aircraft, what is stopping Nigeria from doing the same?

What are we going to do with that many aircrafts? Algeria is well involved in the Arab and middle east politics, hence a strong conventional force. There is nothing wrong in having the same but you look at the strength of your adversaries. we basically have none. a HUGE fleet is a waste in my opinion. i would rather spend more on our land conventional force than waste money on over 50 4th gen aircrafts that requires a lot of money to maintain.

If you say Nigeria is not a threat to China, what makes you think we wont share the information with the adversaries of china if we have it?

4th gen technology is still very important. only One country has a 5th gen aircraft deployed (F22). others are still in development. What other countries have at best are 4++ gen fighter jets
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by EzeeYFB(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
The resurrection of nigerian airways,well soon it will be privatised
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by DaBullIT(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
xwolverine:

But no terrorist organisation has the capability to fly a fighter Jet, not even ISIS. To train a fighter jet pilot no be beans, its crazily expensive and takes time.

[size=25pt]Hmmmm. You was making sense go until you saided that terrorist cantnt fly fighter jet grin

Seriously terrorists and mercenaries are human beings , its easy for a terror organization to pay an ex fighter pilot / ex pilot who is loyal to the cause , trust me , there are jobless pilots in Iraq ,Afghanistan , Libya and co , Post an ad on classified sites today , youll be surprised how many responses youll get .. Try it just to prove me wrong , the reason why they haven't been able to use that method against developed countries in the world is because they (advanced countries) can see and smell you from thousands of miles away ! And they will scramble fighter jets to force you to land or blow you off !

The questions we should ask is : Does Nigeria have the technical / scientific capability to operate , control and successfully carry out a mission ,in terms of radar , communications ? Training a pilot is not the problem.

Can Nigeria maintain the said jet ? Abi we will have to ship to Pakistan to repair ? Just like we ship crude oil to other countries to refine

Finally will they buy a brand new jet or refurbished / repainted jets like most of airlines operating in Nigeria ? grin grin[/size]
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Missy89:

What are we going to do with that many aircrafts? Algeria is well involved in the Arab and middle east politics, hence a strong conventional force. There is nothing wrong in having the same but you look at the strength of your adversaries. we basically have none. a HUGE fleet is a waste in my opinion. i would rather spend more on our land conventional force than waste money on over 50 4th gen aircrafts that requires a lot of money to maintain.

If you say Nigeria is not a threat to China, what makes you think we wont share the information with the adversaries of china if we have it?

4th gen technology is still very important. only One country has a 5th gen aircraft deployed (F22). others are still in development. What other countries have at best are 4++ gen fighter jets

Isn't naij involved in Sub Saharan African politics, as the paper giant of Africa? If minnows like Angola, Kenya, And Uganda are increasing their fleet of modern fighter jets, what is stopping Nigeria? Heck, even Ethiopia has a huge fleet. How about national security for a country like naija with huge population, trying to have a say in international politics? Fifty isn't even that many. And if they can stop the looting, naij is definitely not a poor country, even if oil prices were to fall below $50 per litre.

Still important, but by 2016, most countries should have deployed their 5th and 6th gen fighter jets. Heck, the Chinese just did an exhibition of the export version of theirs. And Russia should deploy its own version soon. So the radar thing would be inconsequential since most advanced countries are going to move towards stealth technology.

What adversary, with a fighter jet that is a joint venture and not the flagship of the Chinese Air Force? It at all they had a problem with that, they wouldn't have built it with a Pakistan that has an utterly corrupt military - and is somewhat under US influence.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Horus(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
tmanuelle:
Hijacking an aeroplane, forcing the pilot to keep flying at gun point; or even flying a passenger plane by terrorist is not the same as flying a fighter jet, it's a serious airforce personel business. The training is more rigorous with a very higher level of sophistication.

Are you saying that Muslims in the Egyptian Air Force are unable to fly a fighter jet?

Who is flying all the sophisticated fighter jets in the Royal Saudi Air Force?, Aliens or Arab Muslims?
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Missy89(f): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
SirShymex:

What adversary, with a fighter jet that is a joint venture and not the flagship of the Chinese Air Force? It at all they had a problem with that, they wouldn't have built it with a Pakistan that has an utterly corrupt military - and is somewhat under US influence.

The Jet is going to be the Flagship of the Pakistani Airforce. They are ordering over 100 of it. I would think that is why China is willing to give them the avionics. and they are currently developing a third variant. China isn't even deploying any of it . thou they own the tech.

That is why i said everything has to do with numbers. Only Pakistan air-force is deploying the plane that shows you how important the tech would be for them. and countries like Nigeria will only get the export version and an older variant.

If you are suggesting a huge fleet for defense, then we should spend more on interceptors since we have no offensive engagement anyway. faster birds, long range radars that will keep potential enemies at bay.

Still think the ground conventional force needs more of the money thou
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Bigcake: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Horus:

Terrorist organisations have the capability to fly planes. Remember 9/11 at the World Trade Center
They weren't terrorist, it was an insider's job from the American government to invade Afganistan. More or less of a blood sacrifice. Osama wasn't the chief planner, at the approprate time the real truth will be told by the Americans for the Americans.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Horus(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
tdayof:
9/11 isn't a jet fighter! It was a commercial jet being hijacked by terrorist passengers!

That was not my point. My point was on the capability of a terrorist organisation to fly planes?. All the 9/11 terrorists were receiving flight training at schools in the United States and abroad
Source: http://www.wanttoknow.info/911/9-11_summary_articles/010923post_terrorist_flight_training
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
I pray that one day, DICON would start producing fighter jets.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Cannonleo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
BlackBaron:

I'm asking because relative to other fighter jets in its wake, It seems to possess 'magical range'. The RD 33 engine is not exactly efficient and on the Mig 29 has lesser range, so how does a single engined fighter jet exceed that of his parent engine?

Acvording to development papers I read on the design and dev of the thunder.the intakes are wider 2 increase temp cooling,fuel efficiency was also brought on boarx.the RD 33 was tweeked to overcome its deficiencies on the mig
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Horus(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
Vikkie14:

No terror organisation currently have the capability and capacity to fly a jet. Not even ISIL, the only thing they could have is a pilot that may defect to their camp(take Iraq Airforce as case study) as in the case of ISIL. And brother pls, the case of 9/11 is not an Osama Bin Laden's work, IT IS AN INSIDE JOB. Go ask the American about 9/11, its something the world know that Bush government was responsible for all of the attacks. Mehn! It doesnt take US five minutes to scramble a jet to intercept those hijacked planes yet none respond to the distress call, even when two jet respond to the call from an onshore Aircraft Carrier, the government was quoted as saying "Recall back the wings(jets)". So 9/11 is an inside job. If only you understand what "propaganda" is all about.

I said plane not jet. And yes I know that 9/11 is an inside job but because our "brothers" are not yet ready to this fact I go with the flow to show them bit by bit the inconsistency of the official US Government "version". 9/11 was also an Illuminati blood sacrifice

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Missy89:

The Jet is going to be the Flagship of the Pakistani Airforce. They are ordering over 100 of it. I would think that is why China is willing to give them the avionics. and they are currently developing a third variant. China isn't even deploying any of it . thou they own the tech.

That is why i said everything has to do with numbers. Only Pakistan air-force is deploying the plane that shows you how important the tech would be for them. and countries like Nigeria will only get the export version and an older variant.

If you are suggesting a huge fleet for defense, then we should spend more on interceptors since we have no offensive engagement anyway. faster birds, long range radars that will keep potential enemies at bay.

Still think the ground conventional force needs more of the money thou

If China isn't deploying any of it, so why do you think they would care about the technology transfer? Nigeria isn't a threat to Pakistan, and I think the Pakis will benefit more from whatever deal they sign with Nigeria.

It isn't only Pakistan, Burma and a few other countries are also interested in the bird. And regardless of the variant - technology transfer would be a big steal for naija.

Also, for proper defense, you need a big fleet. Interceptors and long range radars alone won't cut it. Why do you think China has a massive fleet, despite operating under the auspices of a strictly defense doctrine? We also need a broad air defense system. Nigeria is too big to be as messed up as it currently is. External aggression is always lurking and you have to be ready at all times. Gaddafi learnt the hard way, hence Algeria is always ready to defend itself.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by felifeli: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
GenBuhari:
No high profile Doctor would fail to have some sort of web presence in 2014

What about finding web presence for Patrick Sawyer - supposedly a high profile minister in Liberia's govt.
Show me your father's web preference. I guess he doesn't exist either.
Buffoon
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Babprosper20(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
CHINA?? hope it's engine will be sound and not like china phones lol
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
If my father was a high profile doctor, then he would have web presence
felifeli:

Show me your father's web preference. I guess he doesn't exist either.
Buffoon
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by felifeli: 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
GenBuhari:
If my father was a high profile doctor, then he would have web presence

Whoever gave you the idea that Dr Adadevoh was a "high profile" superstar doctor must have also sold you the wrong drugs. The woman was only a hard-working professional doctor doing her job. If you want to verify that she existed why don't you go ask at the hospital and cross check at College of Medicine Idi Araba where she studied and got qualified ? But no you prefer to smoke crack and write any nonsense that comes into your head. You get job so ?
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by billyG(m): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hav u pple tut of d possibilty of a trained fanatical islamic figher jet pilots defecting frm iraq,iran,syrian,yemeni,pakitani ,tunisian,libyan,algeria or evn s.arabian airforce with stolen jets 2 join ISIS. although allah 4bid it.
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by billyG(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
xwolverine:

But no terrorist organisation has the capability to fly a fighter Jet, not even ISIS. To train a fighter jet pilot no be beans, its crazily expensive and takes time.
Hav u pple tut of d possibilty of a trained fanatical islamic figher jet pilots defecting frm iraq,iran,syrian,yemeni,pakitani,naijarian,tunisian,libyan,algeria or evn s.arabian airforce with stolen jets 2 join ISIS or BOKOHARAM. although allah 4bid it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by tdayof(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
Horus:

That was not my point. My point was on the capability of a terrorist organisation to fly planes?. All the 9/11 terrorists were receiving flight training at schools in the United States and abroad
Source: http://www.wanttoknow.info/911/9-11_summary_articles/010923post_terrorist_flight_training
yea you are right they can fly planes! Let me say perfectly with the 9/11video
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by tdayof(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

[size=25pt]Hmmmm. You was making sense go until you saided that terrorist cantnt fly fighter jet grin

Seriously terrorists and mercenaries are human beings , its easy for a terror organization to pay an ex fighter pilot / ex pilot who is loyal to the cause , trust me , there are jobless pilots in Iraq ,Afghanistan , Libya and co , Post an ad on classified sites today , youll be surprised how many responses youll get .. Try it just to prove me wrong , the reason why they haven't been able to use that method against developed countries in the world is because they (advanced countries) can see and smell you from thousands of miles away ! And they will scramble fighter jets to force you to land or blow you off !

The questions we should ask is : Does Nigeria have the technical / scientific capability to operate , control and successfully carry out a mission ,in terms of radar , communications ? Training a pilot is not the problem.

Can Nigeria maintain the said jet ? Abi we will have to ship to Pakistan to repair ? Just like we ship crude oil to other countries to refine

Finally will they buy a brand new jet or refurbished / repainted jets like most of airlines operating in Nigeria ? grin grin[/size]
bros u spoil talk with your font oo
Re: Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets by DaBullIT(m): 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
tdayof:
bros u spoil talk with your font oo

[size=2pt]Na Swag[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Twitter Reacts To President Buhari's Interview With Amanpour -SEE TWEET / Biafra: Asari Dokubo Mocks Charly Boy, Calls Him "Mumu" After He Was Tear-Gassed / What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.