Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (30288 Views)

10 Things Broke Guys Normally Use To Entertain Female Visitors / See What A Lady Posted Online About Broke Guys Toasting Her & The Reply She Got / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by Tallesty1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
ihedinobi2:

My brother, if we will "subjectify" everything then your experience cannot be the yardstick for measurement either. That's half my point.

What scientific study produced the one-in-200 odds that you just offered?

My argument was neither that broke guys deserve to be loved nor that ladies should date broke guys. It was a counter-argument to "broke guys shouldn't date".

If you have seen any of my arguments on dating you would know that I encourage guys to focus on building the lives they want if the girls won't buy their package. But I am in no doubt that the idea that broke guys should not date because brokeness is unattractive is completely wrong.

But then I'm looking at dating completely differently. I don't subscribe to the idea of casual dating. I go after a woman because I want to spend the rest of my life with her so I have a whole different set of standards that I use for picking my women than some dudes might. I would go for a woman because she catalyzes my efforts to build, sustain and infinitely improve the life I envision.

And, given my Christianity, it goes without saying that I believe that to be the right way.

Finally, the other half of my point was that broke guys should date because that will help make things get better faster. No "if's" here.
Read this
bizmogul:

This post is spot on! Dear brothers it's important you settle yourself first. A good friend of mine said " when a broke guy has a heart break, it's double tragedy because you are broke and heart broken"... Some guys will say it's better to have a woman now that you don't have money so you get the real one. Please forget all that babash! There are rich guys who have real women who love them for who they are.

There are still good women out there but most still want to know that you are up and doing. No woman wants liability or everything is going to be alright. By the time she stays 1-2 years and still same story she will get tired most definitely.

Think!
Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by ihedinobi2: 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Tallesty1:
Read this
I did before and again just now. I see no answer in it to what I said to you.

Broke guys shouldn't date, according to him, because the risk is worse then. And I'm saying that broke guys should because the gains are more.

1 Like

Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by Hedybee(f): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by damola1: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
I Kinda agree with the ideology set by the OP.

Even statements made by ihedinobi2 further emphasised what the OP said.

ihedinobi2 , You have to understand that a man with loads of cash is far more confident about life and circumstances in most cases than a broke guy, and that my friend is the primary reason why you lost out on those babes.

Most women that are asset don't really depend on your money, but fact is that, it not only has to be there, it's also necessary to deal with issues that'll naturally arise from such relationships. Unless in rare cases where the man has seen money, and probably experiencing a temporary brokeness, then he can better manage the situation

I stand by what the Holy book said. Money answereth all things.
Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by kenex4ever(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
I saw ur mention in ur diary@ tallesty1, u were right not to come on that thread and u were also right to feel d way u felt. Tnx bro 4 taking time to reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by ihedinobi2: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2014
damola1:
I Kinda agree with the ideology set by the OP.

Even statements made by ihedinobi2 further emphasised what the OP said.

ihedinobi2 , You have to understand that a man with loads of cash is far more confident about life and circumstances in most cases than a broke guy, and that my friend is the primary reason why you lost out on those babes.

Most women that are asset don't really depend on your money, but fact is that, it not only has to be there, it's also necessary to deal with issues that'll naturally arise from such relationships. Unless in rare cases where the man has seen money, and probably experiencing a temporary brokeness, then he can better manage the situation

I stand by what the Holy book said. Money answereth all things.
Which statements of mine exactly? And how did they emphasise the op?

What kinds of cases are such men more confident in than broke men?

What babes did I lose out on?

Women that are assets depend on you and your resources.

What sort of issues exactly do you think of when you think that money is necessary to deal with some issues in relationships?

Rare cases? Are you sure they are rare? That men who were once wealthy lost all their wealth? Is there some study that told you that the phenomenon is rare? And what makes you believe that such men manage the situation of brokeness better?

I wish I found the place just now where the Holy Book said that because you missed something there. But I'll show you another place: "wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it."
Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by Rick9(m): 12:24am On Aug 24, 2016
I kinda agree with some points laid down by the O.P there's nothing like being successful.
When success comes other things follow
Re: Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. by Rapmoney(m): 11:00pm On May 01, 2020
I never knew this thread exist on Nairaland cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

True Story And Secrets Untold About Four Female Ghost In Romanceland.. / All I Did Was Introduce Her To My Man”– Lady Shares How Friend Engaged Her Man / Abducted Plateau Bride Weds A Day After Regaining Her Freedom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.