Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,461 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots (49765 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) / 14 American Celebrities That Doesn't Age Fast See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by joseph1832(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Weah96:

Wesley Snipes is a Bantu immigrant. He arrived when he was 3 years ago.

Don't let Wiki deceive you. Ask Halle Berry. If she can hear you. He slapped her so hard when they dated that she lost her hearing in one ear. Bantu behavior. They do not tolerate noisy women.
Lol!.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by acenazt: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=Abbey2sam post=28585201][/quote]yes
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Cameroon!!!
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by experimentist: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
queebeediva:
if na u u go carry load they come back home expecially now that niger is helpless in the hands of our leaders.
Yes. Home sweet home.. cry
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
sukkot:
its all bullshyttt. most of the slaves were from nigeria not cameroon. it has been found that the dna thing is all lies. like you can get one in two places and the first one would say you are cameroon while the next one would say you are from togo

Lol, I think the OP just selected the ones from mostly Cameroun. And the ones from Sierra Leone might be Nigerians. Blair Underwood has both Nigeria and Cameroun in his ancestry, and you need to understand that before Nigeria, folks from that side of Cameroun were intertwined with their neighbours from that axis of Nigeria. Colonialism divided them

Anyway, majority of those tested, always get Nigeria as the ancestry.

Nas, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Forrest Whitaker, Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Gary Younge, Evander Holyfield, Angela Bassett, Judge Hatchett, Jackson family etc. traced theirs to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by chazim1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
JiggamanGh:

He looks Igbo. He knew it before he even took the test.
lol
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Ahmeduana(m): 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oildichotomy:
So only
few of them are from Nigeria sef

And Nigerians especially the Igbos can make mouth as if the whole Afro community in US are Igbos

Finally from the lots we can conclude only few were taken from the current geographical area called Nigeria
REMEMBER THAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN CELEBRETIES NOT ALL THE BLACKS IN AMERICA.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Haustraliah:

But not all blacks are Africans.
True or false?
false.

Chris Brown is Fulani grin
Nicky Minaj is Yoruba.
tongue
Echobee oooooo grin

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by 50calibre(m): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
I'm surprised Cameroon ranked high on that list, Ivory Coast, Ghana & Liberia had one of the biggest slave ports. The fact is; most 5th generation & upwards african americans are mixed to some extent, somewhere along their linage, there may be some European or Asian blood.

America is the most diverse country on the planet, it is a collection of people from various parts of the globe. Aside native Americans, all other american are immigrant. its difficult to find an american with a 100% pure bloodline, almost every white American can trace their ancestors back to europe.. heck!! even Obama who is half-black has traced some of his ancestors back to Ireland, same goes for Muhammad Ali & the kennedy family

While every african american can trace their ancestors to African where at least 50% of their ancestors originate from.

well all in all, its being said and proven to some extent that modern humans originated from africa, and then some started emigrating to other corners of the globe some hundred thousand years ago..

2 Likes

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by DONOCHAS(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
fr3do:
Bishop Jakes is an Igbo man grin
He is my brother.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by DONOCHAS(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
ROZZAYY:
Hmmmm interesting. The one I loved most was wen I heard ashley in 'the revenge' is from ibo and b4 I knew, watching d series I always linked her to naija, d babe to get ibo sense chai!
Who is ashley bro.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Safe to say cameroonian slaves were the ones transported to the united states.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by BaWoahGDP: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
Na cameroon get am o
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by shizzleStar: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
DONOCHAS:
Who is ashley bro.
She is a british actress in a seasonal soap opera 'the revenge'. Ashley Maduekwe is of igbo origin
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Positiveminds(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=Pavore9 post=28584511]Good for them but T.D Jakes own no suprise me at all.. u know what l mean! Me too l will be doing a DNA test when l chop belleful as na Mzungu (white person) dem dey call me for Kenya as l dey suspect a strain of European blood in my ancestry. [/quote

I have always suspected that your mum played away matches, hence the possibility strain of European blood in you .
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by ROZZAYY(f): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
DONOCHAS:
Who is ashley bro.
Sis u mean?
Ashley madueke acted in the season movie 'the revenge' her fada is ibo but she lived and grew up dere.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Raphtop(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
evry blackman on the earth surface is an African by blood

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
acenazt:
Morgan Freeman. (Niger) he traced his roots back there.
he looks more of a Nigerian..... Reason being that he looks Like a Soyinka Person...... Morgan Soyinka grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
JiggamanGh:
Seems like majority are Cameroon descent. I was wtching YouTube videos of people that did the DNa test and lots of the results were mainly west african stocks. Majority were made of these 7 countries. Ivory/Ghana, Benin/Togo, Senegal, Cameroon/Congo and Nigeria stock
datz bcause all these areas were notorious for slave trades in it's days......besides these re all coastal areas thus more interference with slave ships and traders alike

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Pavore9: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=Positiveminds post=28589951][/quote]Let me make an effort to be civil because u just slandered my mum, u do not know me nor my family hence ur assumption do not hold water.As l share the same feature with my dad and paternal grandmother.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
I need to trace my own roots too..aint sure a fresh looking guy like me has Nigerian roots....

I may have descended from Alabama or France...who knows
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Legit: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
JiggamanGh:

He looks Igbo. He knew it before he even took the test.
That is why, he worship $$$, is in the blood
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by JiggamanGh: 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
ibrews:
Kendrick Lamar should be on dat list and should be trace 2 Nigeria.....dude resembles M.I

Looks can be deceiving, the ones you think should be from one place end up being from another.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by ibrews: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Looks can be deceiving, the ones you think should be from one place end up being from another.

very true!....I agree with u
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by JiggamanGh: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
sukkot:
its all bullshyttt. most of the slaves were from nigeria not cameroon. it has been found that the dna thing is all lies. like you can get one in two places and the first one would say you are cameroon while the next one would say you are from togo

A lot of slaves are from the Nigeria area to ivory coast, especially Benin republic and Ghana. These two countries had kingdom that wage war on its surroundings. Dahomey and Ashanti empire where notorious for the slave trade and most of the ports were in these area. That's why many of the slaves in the Americas are a combination of ivory coast, Ghana, benin, Togo, Nigeria and Cameroon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
SuperMartins:
I don't know wat to blive anymore Sha..
Popular Wesley Snipes of Blade and other hilarious movies also traced his base to Nnewi in Onitsha Anambra state, no wonder the then governor Mr Peter Obi gave him a chieftaincy title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by JiggamanGh: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Danrizzle:
Its like present day cameroon contributed most slaves.

Nah it's between Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Ghana and ivory coast. Tribes from these countries were constantly at wars. Ashanti, Dahomey and Yoruba empires were notorious for the slave trade.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by Weah96: 4:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
he looks more of a Nigerian..... Reason being that he looks Like a Soyinka Person...... Morgan Soyinka grin grin grin

LOL
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by bameyi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Most African American want to identify with their ancestral root, but they scare of the unknown. Cause they don't have much information about the continent. Discovery Channel shows them naked people walking around. Lion running around looking for their next meal ., lol. What I do I try to educate them when in contact with any that love to learn
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by omokoladele(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
What about OBJ's DNA? grin cheesy
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by PeoplesArmy: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
They are spot on about BTDJ. He can't be from any where else with those looks, mien and energy.
Re: American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots by ginajet(f): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
Omotall:
na true I dey talk na...... ask him [sub][/sub]abi make I give you hm number? wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Calls Freeze's Girlfriend A "Housegirl", Freeze Calls Her A " LovePeddler" / Prince Williams Darlington: Afia Schwarzenegger Was A Sex Worker In South Africa / "Did You Bleach?": Williams Uchemba Asked By Fans Over Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.