Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (34166 Views)

How Four Friends Raped Me –14-year-old Girl (photo) / Our Neighbour Revived Me With Water After Raping Me Six Times –14-year-old Rape / Kano Child-Bride Confesses To Killing Husband With Rat Poison (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by lalasticlala(m): 5:23am On Dec 04, 2014
Wasila Tasi’u is the 14-year-old Kano-based child bride who is facing death penalty for allegedly murdering her 35-year-old husband with rat poison.She reportedly laced her husband Umar Sani’s food with poison and is accused of the murder of 3 others, who are said to have died suddenly after eating the same meal prepared for a post-wedding celebration in the village of Unguwar Yansoro in Kano State.

Last week, Hon. Justice Mohammed Yahaya, sitting at the Gezawa High Court, entered a plea of not guilty for Tasi’u, who refused to respond at a previous hearing on October 30 when the charges were put to her. The judge rejected defence applications for the case to be transferred to a juvenile court, while the case has been adjourned.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/photos-meet-wasila-nigerias-14-year-old-child-bride-facing-death-penalty/

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by englishmart(m): 5:58am On Dec 04, 2014
another infant forcefully given out in marriage to a yerimaous man.

She's fvking tired of the fvking marriage to her Dad's mate..

She should be treated as deserved..
Others must be deterred from such heinous act

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by lertee(f): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2014
I would like this girl to get justice.
What could prompt a 14year old to murder about 4people including her husband?
She should be punished for doing wrong but definitely not death penalty,her story is definitely similar to the other kid brides we have seen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by ceo4eva: 6:01am On Dec 04, 2014
englishmart:
another paedophile forcefully given out in marriage to a yerimaous man.

She's fvking tired of the fvking marriage to her Dad's mate..

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by englishmart(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2014
lertee:
I will like this girl to get justice
if ogwuche, the mastermind of the nyanya's bomb blast could be set free, what stops this young lady from getting Freed?

But, she should be treated as deserved. That would serve as a deterrent to other children getting married to oldies...

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by eleojo23: 6:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Her action is condemnable, however, circumstances that led to the act should also be considered in passing judgement.

They are only fighting an outcome. If the issue is not tackled from the root and this practice of forcing kids into marriage continues, I'm afraid we are going to hear about more desperate acts than this.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Seanixking: 6:17am On Dec 04, 2014
Behold the was a country called Nigeria were Bombers and Terrorist are treated to dinner couple wit Amnesty ticket, while an innocent child is to be killed and everybody think is ok..
What a tradegy....so sad u hav to past thru all this my lil frnd....
#MyCondolences

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by stinggy(m): 6:18am On Dec 04, 2014
This girl's story again? undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Lianaluv(f): 6:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Hmmm.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 04, 2014
Poor child cry cry cry
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by YungwizzzyPt7: 6:35am On Dec 04, 2014
All thanks to Islamic doctrines!!!

16 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by AceOfDiamonds(m): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2014
The Nigerian judicial system tends to be ignominious and opprobrious undecided

The debauchers that are convicted of running the country amok in harum-scarum kamikaze manner are out free within a matter of days embarassed

Its these sort of decisions that make Nigerians lose faith in the legal system wherein only the elites are favoured...

Its okay for her to be convicted for a while at most,so she'll learn that at times death would not be a solution to certain issues...but the death penalty ; That's a No-No!

And to forestall further occurence, pedophiles pedophïles should be prosecuted undecided

[ Nairaland na wa for una auto correct ooo...which one be craddle-robbers again ]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by okotv(m): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2014
this is barbaric....punish her for the death and let her learn her lessons but don't kill her....

but will she get justice
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2014
If only Aisha had killed Muhammed for having a carnal knowledge of her in the name of paedophilia, this rubbish wouldn't have existed. undecided

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by kevinaduga(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2014
Seanixking:
Behold the was a country called Nigeria were Bombers and Terrorist are treated to dinner couple wit Amnesty ticket, while an innocent child is to be killed and everybody think is ok..
What a tradegy....so sad u hav to past thru all this my lil frnd....
#MyCondolences
what are you saying??
Have it been confirmed that she's going to be killed?
The trial just started for goodness sakes.

Please, learn how to finish reading a post before making senseless comments undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2014
englishmart:
another paedophile forcefully given out in marriage to a yerimaous man.
Huh

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Rilwayne001: 9:23am On Dec 04, 2014
FrancisTony:
[s] If only Aisha had killed Muhammed for having a carnal knowledge of her in the name of paedophilia, this rubbish wouldn't have existed [/s] . undecided

shut your mouth instead of talking out of ignorance

13 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Vikky014(f): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2014
AceOfDiamonds:
The Nigerian judicial system tends to be ignominious and opprobrious undecided

The debauchers that are convicted of running the country amok in harum-scarum kamikaze manner are out free within a matter of days embarassed

Its these sort of decisions that make Nigerians lose faith in the legal system wherein only the elites are favoured...

Its okay for her to be convicted for a while at most,so she'll learn that at times death would not be a solution to certain issues...but the death penalty ; That's a No-No!

And to forestall further occurence, pedophiles pedophïles should be prosecuted undecided

[ Nairaland na wa for una auto correct ooo...which one be craddle-robbers again ]
Is dis Patrick

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2014
Rilwayne001:

shut your mouth instead of talking out of ignorance
gringringrin

8 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by NaNaYaaah(f): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2014
Aww..i know murder is wrong...but she dont deserve death...
Shes just 14 and im prolly sure she was abused cry..
Yall can send her to jail prolly for 5 years but not kill her cry
Please have mercy on her..wat she did was wrong..but we dunno wat made her do it..prolly he abused her emotionally...sexually and physically...aww may them dead souls r.i.p smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by vugoo: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2014
Another GEJ impunity.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2014
Please temper justice with mercy.she's is just 14.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by dmjinc(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2014
Who knows?.... tongue
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by AceOfDiamonds(m): 11:23am On Dec 04, 2014
Vikky014:
Is dis Patrick

I appreciate the comparison ma'am cheesy ...unfortunately, i'm nowhere near undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by lekinz(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
Who re we to be blame

Her parents ... - For encouraging the early marriage system

Her Late Husband ??... - For marrying a teen

A 14 years old girl .. undecided undecided undecided

What does she knows

A girl that ought to be in school , learning and preparing for her future

She's here marrying a 35 years old man

This can't happen in France where I school

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by ibrews: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
we live in a confused world
where murder is purnished with murder.#God bless!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
Dafuq?!!!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2014

This child doesn't have to be killed.

Shariah or not, this girl is a child and should not have been married off in the first place.

The aboki around my house just married a third wife, She is barely 15. And he is rejoicing about it, telling anyone who cares to listen that he has a new amariya.

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by thiefnubu(m): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2014
Front page for the 10th time today grin

Make dem free the girl jare

Instead, all those clamouring for her death should be drawn, quartered, and have their body parts left in an open field, for vultures to feed on angry

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by WIZGUY69(m): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2014
it happens everyday in the north.
how I wish the girl can come and stay with me in France

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Bibol(f): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2014
Its unimaginable what this girl must have gone through before she could summon courage to take her husband's life. I really feel for her, she's just a child that found herself in an unfortunate situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Francon(f): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2014
Its so unfair sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Black Macdonald's Staff Batters Oyibo Man Attempting To Physically Assault Her / EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering / NDLEA Busts Major Methamphetamine Lab In Delta State, Arrests 4 Mexicans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.