Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,332 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (34144 Views)

How Four Friends Raped Me –14-year-old Girl (photo) / Our Neighbour Revived Me With Water After Raping Me Six Times –14-year-old Rape / Kano Child-Bride Confesses To Killing Husband With Rat Poison (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by uzolexis(f): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jonathan:

POOR MURDERER.
CAN'T SHE RUN AWAY INSTEAD?
KILLING FOUR PEOPLE I S EVIL.

Run away to where and to who??
I'm sure she meant 2 kill just her hubby and that was the only means she could have done it since he is more powerful than her and he deserved to die anyway angry, it's sad and unfortunate that 3 other pple had 2 eat the food but u won't blame the poor girl.
She's just 14 for crying out loud, A CHILD.....
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
She should be killed without hesitation. angry Imbècile!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Swizdoe:

Kaduna Nzeogwu is believed to have grown up in the north

And his parents were married in the South.....as described in his younger brother's biographic sketch of his(Nzeogwu's) life.(available here)
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Weah96: 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
Self defense. Free Wasila now!!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by uzolexis(f): 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
She should be killed without hesitation. angry Imbècile!
I try as much as possible not 2 insult pple but I can't help it,i just have 2 state the facts here. You r a big F.OO.L angry angry

N stick 2 ur signature,don't tk it personal

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
uzolexis:

Run away to where and to who??
I'm sure she meant 2 kill just her hubby and that was the only means she could have done it since he is more powerful than her and he deserved to die anyway angry, it's sad and unfortunate that 3 other pple had 2 eat the food but u won't blame the poor girl.
She's just 14 for crying out loud, A CHILD.....
Check what you have written, does it make sense at all? By the grace of Allah, she must be stoned to death!
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by uzolexis(f): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Check what you have written, does it make sense at all? By the grace of Allah, she must be stoned to death!

It mks sense 2 reasonable pple but unfortunately u do not belong to this category

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by fowowe411: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
AceOfDiamonds:
The Nigerian judicial system tends to be ignominious and opprobrious undecided

The debauchers that are convicted of running the country amok in harum-scarum kamikaze manner are out free within a matter of days embarassed

Its these sort of decisions that make Nigerians lose faith in the legal system wherein only the elites are favoured...

Its okay for her to be convicted for a while at most,so she'll learn that at times death would not be a solution to certain issues...but the death penalty ; That's a No-No!

And to forestall further occurence, pedophiles pedophïles should be prosecuted undecided

[ Nairaland na wa for una auto correct ooo...which one be craddle-robbers again ]
Your point is?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by lastpage: 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
You Kill somebody = Murder!

You Murder = You get hanged/Killed.

Manslaughter = Inadvertent Killing of another => Medium Jail Sentence

But the girl did not like/want the marriage to the man.
What options does she have, to "defend herself":
1.) Run away ? (2) Kill Herself ? (3.) Contact the Police ?

Rather, she chose to poison not just the man, but also two others!
If at 14yrs, she can muster the "skill, determination and conviction" to murder someone whom she does not "want" ...or even hate, imagine what she would be capable of doing when she is a full adult! shocked shocked shocked

Thank God the Paedophile is dead otherwise, l would recommend life imprisonment for him.

But her Father and Mother who facilitated this "abuse" and collected the prize-money, should also be sent to jail, just as she will snd must pay for her "own actions" ---- Maybe at least 45yrs imprisonment.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 12:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
uzolexis:

I try as much as possible not 2 insult pple but I can't help it,i just have 2 state the facts here. You r a big F.OO.L angry angry

N stick 2 ur signature,don't tk it personal
Don't worry! If at all she is given life in prison, due to the good will of the judge, I'll sneak like a sniper and open the keys of the prison with my dīck and then lift her out with godhand to where she will be safe and happy till eternity. smiley
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Ferdinandu(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
Don't worry little girl, time shall vindicate you. Your case is case of self defense against more powerful enemies, it is just that you just have to use the only available weapon to you which turns out to be weapon of mass destruction.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
uzolexis:

It mks sense 2 reasonable pple but unfortunately u do not belong to this category
According to the laws given to Muhammad (peace be unto him) by Angel Gabriel through Allah, the man is innocent, even if he strikes her with iron rod for correction sake. She has commited haram and should be stoned to death, God willing. Are you justifying killing?! What if he's your brother?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by uzolexis(f): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Don't worry! If at all she is given life in prison, due to the good will of the judge, I'll sneak like a sniper and open the keys of the prison with my dīck and then lift her out with godhand to where she will be safe and happy till eternity. smiley

Now I know u r just trolling
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Weah96: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
The girl is guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The way I see it, it's self defense. However, her parents deserve to get charged with some degree of multiple homicide.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Weah96: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
According to the laws given to Muhammad (peace be unto him) by Angel Gabriel through Allah, the man is innocent, even if he strikes her with iron rod for correction sake. She has commited haram and should be stoned to death, God willing. Are you justifying killing?! What if he's your brother?

If he was my brother, I would kill him myself.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Weah96: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:

If he was my brother, I would kill him myself, to prevent him from killing her.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by uzolexis(f): 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:

According to the Nigerian law,she is a minor and we r in Nigeria. If u want 2 fflw ur sharia law go n form ur own sharia country.
My brother knows better than 2 abuse a child
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by ROZZAYY(f): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rily makes me sad wen I hear things like dis most especially in dat part of nigeria, y do dey feel its right for kids to be married off to middle aged or way older men, wen in lagos or oda parts sef a 22yr old who is thru wit sch will not even want to marry a 35 year old man. Its just simply wickedness on d part of the parent and d so called husband. Nawa o.
I pray the gal is free soon, no mata wat killing shudnt have been an option for her sha. I feel for her.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by tintingz(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
FrancisTony:
If only Aisha had killed Muhammed for having a carnal knowledge of her in the name of paedophilia, this rubbish wouldn't have existed. undecided
Don't be ignorant bro.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by AceOfDiamonds(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
fowowe411:
Your point is?

res ipsa loquitur

You must have looked at it and probably didnt get it Sir undecided

In any case, don't bother...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by ROZZAYY(f): 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
mrramadan:

Each time I see a story like this, it reminds me of my own younger sister's case. Where I had to fight almost the entire family and got labeled the black ship of the family for a while. It's really annoying how you would give out a young girl as young as this to a man who might either be the same age as her father or even older and expect the girl to live happily. Sdly, this happens everyday in the northern part of our dear country...
Like even d educated ones too! Me thinks its mostly illiterates and caused by poverty. Do u say it happens all d time? May God help the poor gals.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Chibokgame: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Behind that hijab there is evil and ugliness that the heart and eyes can't see through.

Religion of peace.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by tintingz(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Now I am not a Muslim, and I am not in favour of child brides....or polygamy for that matter.

For someone to be called a pedophile....he/she has to be a serial abuser of children.....and the prophet Muhammad did not have a harem of child brides in his house....98% of his wives were adults (His first wife Khadijah was even older than him).

Additionally, child brides were common for the simple reason that people died a lot earlier back then. Infact, in ancient times.....child mortality could be as high as one in two children (which is why polygamy was common in the Old testament times....and why one sees a lot of prayers for high numbers of children....and for the children to survive). So, better to marry early....have kids early....and keep the population well above replacement level (even now, in many developed countries....population is a big issue).

Of course, my mentioning the above does not mean I agree with child marriage in principle....infact I personally think that the marriage age should be eighteen....for good health reasons.....but the fact remains that child marriages were quite common back then.....even in majorly christian areas. The average age of a bride in New Testament times....especially among the Roman Elite....would have been 15. (Caesar Augustus's wife was around 15 at the time of her marriage....to use a famous example).

I guess if we must end child marriage....we have to make the hard decision to become an economy of producers, rather than an oil rich, resource dependent economy....so that eventually people have stable incomes....and we would have a GDP that would be able to provide welfare for the poor........and at the same time protect girls like Wasila and others from getting married out.
Well said. smiley
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by tintingz(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
zionzoe:
Don't tell dat you believe we are thinking mudane/backwards in this 21st Century.My brother dir is economic reason 4 u to robe ur daughter to a phedophile. Pls call a spade a spade. 500yrs before Mohammed Jesus was here. He wanted to help people to live a better live so he lived one.But Moh did just the opposite. His wrong doings as a leader is what is plaguing the World today.
Lol... and Christians are exceptional?
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by olubehappy1: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
What a wicked world. The father deserve to be dealt with. For the girl, God will forgive her for what she has done.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Weah96:

If he was my brother, I would kill him myself, to prevent him from killing her.
You have no problem, since you are an atheist.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by andyanders: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
englishmart:
if ogwuche, the mastermind of the nyanya's bomb blast could be set free, what stops this young lady from getting Freed?

But, she should be treated as deserved. That would serve as a deterrent to other children getting married to oldies...

Remember that she was forced into the marriage against her wish.Note that this northern muslims force minors to early marriages and this has affected these children and I suggest they free this child and put up laws against forced marriages of minors.How old is a 14 yr girl for God's sake? Why not force 14 yr old boy to marry 50 year old woman and see how it will look like.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by radiant3(f): 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
14 year old child bride!
wht does a 14year old girl know abt marriage nd sex?they took advantage of her naivity nd married her off to a 35year old AGBAYA
The AGBAYA too dey rejoice say he don get wife...SMH

Arrant nonsense...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by mrramadan(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Like even d educated ones too! Me thinks its mostly illiterates and caused by poverty. Do u say it happens all d time? May God help the poor gals.

It happens mostly to those from very poor homes. But if you look at it, majority us northerners are poor and not educated... One thing I can say for sure is, it happens in rich homes also. I have been to a place where once the girl is able to cook, she is ready for marrriage. If you ask them, they will give you excuses like" If you let her come off age before giving her out, she will be corrupted"
I will reserve the other comment before it stirs a problem on our beloved NL...
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Weah96: 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
You have no problem, since you are an atheist.

And you're the MOG who would watch his brother r)ape a young teenage girl. May your God keep far, far away from me.

I don't want to get infected with the statutory r)ape mentality.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Goodquestion(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
She went too far. How can a fourteen year old girl think killing someone? Though she is guilty I will like the judges to temper justice with mercy. The parents should be hold responsible as well.
Re: PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty by Misogynist2014(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Weah96:

And you're the MOG who would watch his brother r)ape a young teenage girl. May your God keep far, far away from me.

I don't want to get infected with the statutory r)ape mentality.
I'm not a Muslim. Just trolling. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Christmas Arrested For Defiling 5-year-old Schoolgirl / South African Man Arrested For Raping His Neighbour's Pregnant Goat (Graphic Pic / SARS Assaults A Boy And His Mother In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.