Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra (33877 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Willie Obiano Gives Out Exotic Police Cars To The Nigerian Police Force / New Taxi Scheme To Enhance Security In Abuja-sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by 4tunechuks(m): 7:38am On Dec 04, 2014
This is so so funny... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Anambra state=
1) no water board coporation
2) narrow roads
3) poor town planning
4) no city shuttles
5) high rate of accidents as a result of the use of motorcycle
6)hardly boast of a double lane roads
and all he could do is to buy horses.
Obiano! I hail o o o

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Abangjd(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Woh! Horses ke. That Govornor is thinking backward. If Anambra should be shoe of Borno hw ll this be of help.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by UjSizzle(f): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Seun:
According to Ladun Liadi,
http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/photos-gov-obiano-donates-horses-to.html
How exactly are horses going to enhance security, though? Will they be used to chase armed robbers? Aren't horses only used for parades?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-SRblM7FyFW4/VH9tY3o0I_I/AAAAAAABadQ/oJZbWzQzSFY/s1600/H.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2TnnKBFnQiI/VH9tg8F2cPI/AAAAAAABadY/WAXYQ__dUL4/s1600/H2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-cIY6tPVUd98/VH9tjVw0pjI/AAAAAAABado/_OiuFdYH8eA/s1600/H5.jpg[/img]
Anambra is becoming the America Dubai Taiwan (Soludo's campaign mantra grin). Next the governor will handout surveillance helicopters for security, and airplanes for transportation.
Just watch cheesy

And er I believe the British police use horses too. You should know Nigeria copies so many stuff from other countries. So when you see something you don't understand, search the web and you'll find where it originated from wink

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by macpetrus(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2014
redcliff:

Is the horse mechanical? Wont it eat? Would it not be bought food and taken care of?

Food: Grass

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2014
Misplaced priorities @ its peak... Gosh, wat was he thinking?? The whole idea sucks Big tym
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2014
Nigerians are really backward mentally. 21st century policing involves horse policing to access areas that cannot be accessed with vehicles or bikes to track down criminals.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by UjSizzle(f): 7:45am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
Anambra state=
2) narrow roads
3) poor town planning
4) no city shuttles
Obiano! I hail o o o
They are race/war horses. They'll jump over cars like hurdles, navigate traffic with the grace of ballerinas, and catch the bad guys like Zoro embarassed
These ones will reduce accident rate by 80% and they are not easily spooked.

**I hope that's what Obiano was thinking, and I'd like to join the police now.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
Nigerians should change their mentality. The world has moved ahead of us. Obiano appears to be the only Nigerian governor with Western mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by enekentioba: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
Anambra state=
2) narrow roads
3) poor town planning
4) no city shuttles
Obiano! I hail o o o
Who else thinks this guy is stupid? So you haven't seen police officers on horses? Even when people are telling you it's a conventional practice, you still amaze us with your foolishness.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2014
izzo22:
tomorrow you will go to UK and see police men on horse back...u hv only disappointed ur family by exhibiting your foolishness online
no. I traveled to enugu, i saw how beautiful it is, i entered their coal city shuttle,
i travelled to lagos, behold i saw how clean and beautiful it was, i entered BRT bus and visited to many places.
I entered anambra, i discovered how dirty and dusty it is, i have to took a risk and entered an okada(commercial motorcyclist) because that the only means of transportation. We crashed with another motorcyclist as a result of narrow roads.
Today am using crushes to walk and you are telling me of visiting UK, who will even give me a visa?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 7:49am On Dec 04, 2014
The world waits for nobody.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Lawalemi(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2014
I hope someone will not get gunned down from horse.

Still hoping the horses won't be starved to death
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by hero31x(m): 7:51am On Dec 04, 2014
How would they take care of those horses & feed them?

Even if they catch or arrest a thief would ride with thief?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:52am On Dec 04, 2014
[quote author=enekentioba post=28578271] Who else thinks this guy is stupid? So you haven't seen police officers on horses? Even when people are telling you it's a conventional practice, you still amaze us with your foolishness. [/quoteam silly but more advanced than your clueless governor]
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by M4gunners: 7:52am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:
Am I the only one getting confused here?
How can horse be used by the police to enhance security in this 21st century? Whatever happened to power bikes? I will like to see the scene of police using a horse to chase a car.... lolz

It's either the police sell those horses or they roast and eat the meat in their various stations.

Misplaced priorities.
Aunty horses are used in occasions like Ftball in Stadium, ceremonies and so on it is a welcomed development.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by enekentioba: 7:53am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
no. I traveled to enugu, i saw how beautiful it is, i entered their coal city shuttle,
i travelled to lagos, behold i saw how clean and beautiful it was, i entered BRT bus and visited to many places.
I entered anambra, i discovered how dirty and dusty it is, i have to took a risk and entered an okada(commercial motorcyclist) because that the only means of transportation. We crashed with another motorcyclist as a result of narrow roads.
Today am using crushes to walk and you are telling me of visiting UK, who will even give me a visa?
Who taught you G.S 101 kid?

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by okeke00(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

They are race/war horses. They'll jump over cars like hurdles, navigate traffic with the grace of ballerinas, and catch the bad guys like Zoro embarassed
These ones will reduce accident rate by 80% and they are not easily spooked.

**I hope that's what Obiano was thinking, and I'd like to join the police now.
seriously, Obiano is a joke
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
World over horse is a major factor in policing.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2014
Good, horses are been used by security personnels too in the UK and US.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Crime crackers on horseback

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by AndreB: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2014
Horse peppersoup coming up very soon...
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 04, 2014
VAQAXY:
Nigerians are really backward mentally. 21st century policing involves horse police horse men to access areas that cannot be accessed with vehicles or bikes to track down criminals.
Sorry oo, Oga/Madam 21st century, which areas in anambra witness high rate of crime if not urban centers like onitsha, awka and nnewi? Among these centers, which of them has roads that can't be accessed by vehicle? So police will use horses to stop armed robbery at banks in awka abi? You can do better than this nau undecided
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Margauxluv(f): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2014
malali:
And creates employment for horse riders smiley

lik us
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 8:06am On Dec 04, 2014
I don't like engaging dull people. Is this pix below a rural area? There are equally places cars cannot maneuver maybe because of traffic but horse can easily speed through and cross and continue the pursuit.

IdiAmin1:
Sorry oo, Oga/Madam 21st century, which areas in anambra witness high rate of crime if not urban centers like onitsha, awka and nnewi? Among these centers, which of them has roads that can't be accessed by vehicle? So police will use horses to stop armed robbery at banks in awka abi? You can do better than this nau undecided

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2014
IdiAmin1:
if horse can be used in UK then there's nothing you will say here that will matter, you can not know more than those security agents. And who said those horses will be used to fight armedbrobbers, go and study security strategy to see where the use of horses comes in. I tire for Nigerians. angry
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ogtavia(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2014
Rexphobia:
Camel would have been better

Apparently Guy man don go UK see police dey use horse. Okay, continue.

Please whe will he visit Dubai?

Leave the village man,na always d wrong things our naija pipo go dey copy everytym,...even if he go Dubai,na still d odd things he go copy...
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by VAQAXY: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2014
The problem with Nairaland is that forumites just want to comment because others are commenting not that they know anything about the subject that is under discourse.

World over horse is a major tool for policing.

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by UjSizzle(f): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2014
okeke00:
seriously, Obiano is a joke
I really don't think horses are a bad idea, but I'd love to hear his reasons for thinking them necessary in Anambra state, and why I see only a hand full of them in the pictures.
You know our politicians like to make a show of everything.

Meanwhile, did you see the pictures of Upper Iweka? That place looks beautiful now.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by jinxet2000: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2014
It is a welcomed idea. In UK today, horses are still used as vehicles to chase robbers even arm robbers. Most especially, in Anambra state where you have contour terrain like Onitsha and some other areas in the state, on a horse, the police can easily maneuver the terrain and make a quick chase with the horse. They can also maneuver the traffic in the peak of traffic jam.
In terms of fueling, horses consume no hydrocarbon fuel but their own fuel been leaf are readily available though may be a special kind of grass but if trained with local grass (ata, akwukow igbeguru and co) can even make it function better. Why do you think they use horsepower in energy measurement? because horse is a very strong animal which can resist pain and move forward. That is why you also use them for horse-race. They are muscularly built tough. If shot with a bullet, can sustain injury yet run at its peak pace.
With all these facts on ground, Gov. Obiano has done what he feels is right and can enhance security in the state. He is a steady man and has IQ. I therefore enjoin other leaders to do something different that can improve lives of citizens.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by levelszik(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2014
enekentioba:
Who taught you G.S 101 kid?
infact ehn,that okeke guy disgusts me I swear.see the clown typing rubbish all over the pages of this thread claiming to know the world and how its politics is being run.yet can't even construct a single sentence free of blunders.okeke ntorr gi. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police / Leaked Tape Of Tinubu Promising To Share Huge Money If Buhari Wins [LISTEN] / Obituary Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Army Invasion (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.