Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51279 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by dmahn(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2014
This argument came up in my hostel when we started to discuss about the current job opportunities in the country and their salaries.. We then ventured into the banking sector sector in which a brother said those accountants collect just 80k per month... He said the money is so foolish and so low that he can't marry a wife with that amount of money.. I counter him and based my own argument on the fact that the money is manageable and I ll set up a marriage and start a life with it..Some agreed with my decision while others are like neva will they marry with data on d ground that it's to low to survive... I believed that everyone has its own philosophy of tot... My question is directed majorly to the graduated ones... . Based on the limited job opportunities and low salary for d available ones, Is 80k manageable to start a living or not...Pls comment with reasons.... Thanks

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by naijaboiy: 7:00am On Dec 04, 2014
So they want to wait till they receive 1million as salary first? undecided

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by eph12(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2014
With that amount and a good manager as a wife the money should serve you and your wife well. You can probably hold on on childbirth for the meantime.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 04, 2014
I guess u could get married, but involving kids immediately.... lipsrsealed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by YungwizzzyPt7: 7:09am On Dec 04, 2014
If you earn 80k your wife should be able to earn 50

so marriage starts!!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ITbomb(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
If you earn 80k your wife should be able to earn 50

so marriage starts!!
Exactly, if the wife to be is working, they should marry. I love couples that build their life together from their youthful days than some old man that waited until he built a house and buy car before going for marriage.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 04, 2014
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
Mordified:I wonder why Nigerians dont see to reasons.

Do I have to be irresponsible to spend 80k under an hour? There are goods and services that can be carried out and those goods and services can be done under an hour and also spend more than 80k

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2014
You can get married with N80k per month.I would expect that your partner is working and earning something too.
Where you live?How much rent you pay and how far your place of work is to your home also matter.
You don't have to wait until you earn half a million before you marry.Start and manage your finances well.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
If your wife is also working then why not. Just dnt bring a child into the world yet o. That will be the begining of poverty. Before you know it, you and your wife will start squeezing face as if they forced you both to marry.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:
If your wife is also working then why not. Just dnt bring a child into the world yet o. That will be the begining of poverty. Before you know it, you and your wife will start squeezing face as if they forced you both to marry.
Some children are said to open doors.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 04, 2014
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.

So why didnt the numerous children of the poor open doors for them? The numerous children homeless on the streets under bridge around the country nko? why didnt they make the parents rich overnight? Such a belief is for Naive myopic people. Its always good for us to be realistic about life. Do you know the huge chunk a single child slashes from somebody's salary? As the child grows, the expenses increase. This country is over populated already. we need serious population control.

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So why didnt the numerous children of the poor open doors for them? The numerous children homeless on the streets under bridge around the country nko? why didnt they make the parents rich overnight? Such a belief is for Naive myopic people. Its always good for us to be realistic about life. Do you know the huge chunk a single child slashes from somebody's salary? As the child grows, the expenses increase. This country is over populated already. we need serious population control.
I didn't say giving birth to a child should not come with a financial plan.The poor you talk about don't earn N80k per month.I'm talking about someone who earns N80k per month and has a working wife.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Thats why so many people are into fraud and shady business.

Everyone wants to be rich now now.

What is wrong in humble beginnings, marrying the right woman and working together to build your home and your career?

You even stand a better chance of marrying the right woman when you are struggling, becasue you know she is with you becasue of you and not becasuse of your money. We all see how all sorts of women swarm round rich men. Are they there for him or for his money?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2014
Chaircover,if a man earns N80k per month and his wife earns N60k per month,is there anything wrong with having a baby if they are prudent?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 04, 2014
thorpido:
I didn't say giving birth to a child should not come with a financial plan.The poor you talk about don't earn N80k per month.I'm talking about someone who earns N80k per month and has a working wife.

What plan are you talking about when there are expenses such as rent, feeding, transportation to work place to and fro, provision/toiletries in the home, e.t.c? how will you squeeze in the expenses of a child? Except your wife earns more than you do o!! If not that, this kind manage manage life plus squeezing in a child. Haba! Na life of poverty be that now. Dnt just bring in a child to avoid begging people for money. you then become debtor. Its common sense to withhold child bearing with that kind of salary.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2014
thorpido:
Chaircover,if a man earns N80k per month and his wife earns N60k per month,is there anything wrong with having a baby if they are prudent?

I know of people who even earn less and have a family.
It depends on how they spend their money and what their priorities are
A serious couple can make do with this especially if you live outside of Lagos, PH and Abuja
How much is rent in Oshogbo?

32 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

What plan are you talking about when there are expenses such as rent, feeding, transportation to work place to and fro, provision/toiletries in the home, e.t.c? how will you squeeze in the expenses of a child? Except your wife earns more than you do o!! If not that, this kind manage manage life plus squeezing in a child. Haba! Na life of poverty be that now. Dnt just bring in a child to avoid begging people for money. you then become debtor. Its common sense to withhold child bearing with that kind of salary.
All other house expenditure will be put into consideration of course.I said in my first post that the rent and transportation has to be put into consideration.If a couple stay in a minflat,pay rent of about N150k a year and live not far from their place of work,they will still have adequate funds to take care of a baby.The first few months,the baby can be on exclusive breastfeeding and they don't have to spend too much on diapers.

It's not my situation but i look around and see that some people wait too long to settle down and for me the advantages of starting early outweigh the disadvantages.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ITbomb(m): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I beg to disagree, a man earning 80k and a working wife should have a child (I don't mean producing each year), nothing brighten a home than a healthy child, it makes the couple eager to go back home after hustle. Another thing I hate is old age children, imagine a 50 years man still dropping his kids in Nursery school when you he should be arguing with his first son about his career choice cool

Spending on a child is relative, you don't send your child to a 300k per term school when there are other quality yet affordable school around, you don't make crunchies your child's lunch venue when a pot of soup can serve the family

68 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2014
chaircover:

I know of people who even earn less and have a family.
It depends on how they spend their money and what their priorities are
A serious couple can make do with this especially if you live outside of Lagos, PH and Abuja
How much is rent in Oshogbo?
Exactly what I'm saying.Some people are saying not have a baby yet.
If they live in Sango or Abeokuta,the rent won't be much and if transport is not much too,why can't they have a baby.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2014
[size=16pt]Marriage is for the "ready"
If you are not ready and you are earning 500,000 a month,you would still find other excuses..[/size]

142 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 04, 2014
ITbomb:

I beg to disagree, a man earning 80k and a working wife should have a child (I don't mean producing each year), nothing brighten a home than a healthy child, it makes the couple eager to go back home after hustle. Another thing I hate is old age children, imagine a 50 years man still dropping his kids in Nursery school when you he should be arguing with his first son about his career choice cool

Spending on a child is relative, you don't send your child to a 300k per term school when there are other quality yet affordable school around, you don't make crunchies your child's lunch venue when a pot of soup can serve the family

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2014
When reality set in for your friend,he would even marry with income far below that..

Its good to aim high,but reality always have its way.

26 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2014
sophyrocks, fingers are not equal
There are more people in Nigeria earning less than 80k a year in Nigeria than those earning more than 80K

Life goes on and they will just have to cut their coat according to their cloth
The only issue I have with some people is that they keep on having children and farming them off to richer relatives or parents begging other people for their own kids school fees.

Dont also forget that the couple wont be on that salary forever and they will advance in their career and wages increase. Most of us earn more as the years go by.

There is nothing stopping a family with a combined income of N140k a month from having a baby. . . . if they are on their 3rd or 4th kid, then thats not being responsible.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2014
thorpido:
All other house expenditure will be put into consideration of course.I said in my first post that the rent and transportation has to be put into consideration.If a couple stay in a minflat,pay rent of about N150k a year and live not far from their place of work,they will still have adequate funds to take care of a baby.The first few months,the baby can be on exclusive breastfeeding and they don't have to spend too much on diapers.

It's not my situation but i look around and see that some people wait too long to settle down and for me the advantages of starting early outweigh the disadvantages.

Yes. except they live very close to their work places, their rent is very affordable and if their location isnt within a city . But apart from all that, its not possible o. Before bringing in a child, you have to weigh a lot of things that you've mentioned. Some people are in the habit of incurring debts once they start bearing children, heaping their responsibilitties for others to take care of and if they keep believing children will open doors not minding their financial standing, poverty will start knocking on their doors. That mentality is what causes poverty. Such people will have to come up with additional sources of income or get better payng jobs.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Veralaw:
[size=16pt]Marriage is for the "ready"
If you are not ready and you are earning 500,000 a month,you would still find other excuses..[/size]
Exactly.

I know of somebody who receives less than 80 thousand naira and they he is married with kids.

I believe putting heads together to make the family grow is the best. If a man receives 80k and his wife 50k with good planning, the marriage will sure work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.

I only have a few answers using Ibadan as an example

2 bedroom flat in average area rent per year - Approx N150K per annum
1 pot of soup with chicken/turkey - Approx N1600 and that should last a small family for a few days.
I dont know how much schools or transport cost.

8 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2014
chaircover:
sophyrocks, fingers are not equal
There are more people in Nigeria earning less than 80k a year in Nigeria than those earning more than 80K

Life goes on and they will just have to cut their coat according to their cloth
The only issue I have with some people is that they keep on having children and farming them off to richer relatives or parents begging other people for their own kids school fees.

Dont also forget that the couple wont be on that salary forever and they will advance in their career and wages increase. Most of us earn more as the years go by.

There is nothing stopping a family with a combined income of N140k a month from having a baby. . . . if they are on their 3rd or 4th kid, then thats not being responsible.

My sister, these same people keep accumulating battalions. E no dey hard nigerians na. Why do you think we are soooo overpopulated? The moment one child is dropped, they are preparing to drop another one. They feel since one has been dropped, what stops them from having another? "God dey" "God will provide". Small small dem don they enter poverty mode and start incurring debts. You will see a man who loses his job disturbing his wife for another child. imagine. Lets face it o. Not everyone is blessed with the gift of planning. Some just do things as their body moves them to.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 9:00am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.
N80k(man)+N60k(wife) is N1.68m per year.
If rent is N150k per year,transport is N16k per month,for both of them(N192k per year).Food if they manage well will be about N70k per mth(N840k per year).
They will spend about N1.3m on their own expenditure.

14 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

My sister, these same people keep accumulating battalions. E no dey hard nigerians na. Why do you think we are soooo overpopulated? The moment one child is dropped, they are preparing to drop another one. They feel since one has been dropped, what stops them from having another? "God dey" "God will provide". Small small dem don they enter poverty mode and start incurring debts. You will see a man who loses his job disturbing his wife for another child. imagine. Lets face it o. Not everyone is blessed with the gift of planning. Some just do things as their body moves them to.

You are right and I will be lying if I say that I havent seen cases like this and they expect other family members to look after their kids for them and they even take offence if they dont get what they want.

However the people I have in mind are the responsible, literate, career minded people. The ones starting off in their career or business and expect to move up with time and with hard work.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2014
chaircover:

I only have a few answers using Ibadan as an example

2 bedroom flat in average area rent per year - Approx N150K per annum
1 pot of soup with chicken/turkey - Approx N1600 and that should last a small family for a few days.
I dont know how much schools or transport cost.

You see am now. School dey o. Transport dey o. Transport is according to distance and not everyone will live close to workplaces o. Pot of soup and stew isnt certain and food stuff need to be available. In short, you wont know when other expenses will begin to creep in from nowhere. Almost everyday, we spend money. My sister, incurring of debts is sure and very common.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by PassingShot(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2014
ITbomb:

You're on the right track. kudos.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Jahblessme: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2014
Question is 80k a month,dont know why people are conjuring imaginary salary for the wife.
If she's not working nko?
Can someone draw up like living expenses say in a cheap state vs high end state?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help!!! Someone Is Molesting This Girl. / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / Unidentified Girl Spotted In Port Harcourt. Who Can Identify Her Please? (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.